• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
What have I missed?
Let's see, um I think there was some theory about N really being a zoroark, what gens of pokemon are the best, some other thing, and me telling people about a YouTube channel I created.

So not much.

(Except for that last thing might want to check that out :laugh:)

andimidna

Smash Master
I don't understand the Pic of the Day and it makes me feel...
idk.
:(
If Sakurai was deconfirming Palutena... wouldn't he have at least said her name?
Troll Sakurai.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If it is Palutena, maybe Medusa stands in the statues place instead of her. You know its hard to be a statue :troll:

Edit: I don't think its Palutena. And how would her statue deconfirm her?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The statue is Palutena. :troll:

Pic of the day. When Palutena joins the battle, Alfonzo watches over the arena.
Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!" - Sakurai

----
But it is... Isn't it? Has the round shield and the rope thingy. And the hair.
I meant that they think the statue IS the ACTUAL Palutena (as in the person, not a statue of her)

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master

" Pic of the day. When Palutena joins the battle, Alfonzo watches over the arena.
Alfonzo: 'Leave it to me!' "
EDIT: Oh god people had similar ideas. BUT I HAVE THE PIC OF THE DAY SO I WIN HAHA.
----
I meant that they think the statue IS the ACTUAL Palutena (as in the person, not a statue of her)
Alfonzo should just be in the backdrop of every stage. In fact, he should be the enemy from Samus's past too.
Can somebody please photoshop Alfonzo attacking Pyrosphere?

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Fully convinced Palutena will be playable because of the statue not actually being her. This is Sakurai's finest troll since the Ridley fiasco.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, do you guys think Palutena is likely to be revealed sometimes in the next two weeks?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
We'll likely get another newcomer with the next Direct. Seeing as Sakurai clearly knows about the leak, that incorrigible troll, if Palutena is in we'll see her revealed in the next Direct.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So, do you guys think Palutena is likely to be revealed sometimes in the next two weeks?
Everything points to that possibility, if there is a direct thursday I'm calling Ice Climbers or Palutena.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I've been saying Ice Climbers VS Palutena on Final Destination for this Thursday (or Friday) ever since her leak. Started mainly because I thought Friday was Brawl's anniversary, turns out it wasn't. But still, all of this Palutena stuff + Ice Climbers Anniversary. And that lack ofSSB news on the 15th anniversary. I think they were saving it up, and had originally planned to only show off the Ice Climbers. But like Cranky Kong, after she got leaked they rushed the news over to the very next announcement. Last January Direct was awesome, this one can be too.
I personally think this is a hit against Palutena.
No, but it's not good either. It just means that if she's playable, which she probably is, we should hopefully be seeing her soon.
Although, that's what I thought with Ridley
... but he's a bigger deal. Save Ridley for E3. Same with Mewtwo and other 3rd party characters like Snake.

If somebody sculpts you, you don't become the statue. It's an inanimate object that resembles you.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because a real person and a statue of her can't possibly co-exist at once.

----
The way the sentence is phrased

Like the gods of old Greece, Palutena watches through the idol they constructed of her

He can't very well watch and participate in the fight at the same time

And don't tell me the statue is suppose to be watching

That's stupid. Statues don't have eyes. Statues also aren't "her"

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Not that I particularly have any strong feelings about Palutena, but saying she's disconfirmed because of a statue seems dense. If she's playable I'd guess we'd see her fairly soon, though. If she doesn't show up before E3 I'll be pretty surprised.

I don't know if this has ever been done before here, or if it belongs here or not... but:
Vote 1 of these 4, who would you rather have in Smash Bros 4?
A)

B)

C)

D)

Don't say none. Which one would you like to happen more than the others! :bee:
Hmmm...Tiki or Impa. Tiki because she'd offer something no other FE character can do thus far and Impa because she's not actually a terrible idea, she just has bad press as a Sheik replacement.

I actually prefer King Boo to both, but I'd like Luigi to rep his own series before adding the villain to do so. Also a floating invincible character in a game reliant on being punched in the face to rack up enough damage to knock off platforms seems hax.

Yes I'm aware you can change the canon rules, but it'd stick out pretty hard.

New Question!
We all know Super Smash Bros is lacking in both females and villains... so how about we vote on our favorite female villain!
Which of these 4 do you want to see in Super Smash Bros!

A)

B)

C)

D)

Last Question:
The winner is King Boo with 8 votes!
2nd place goes to Tiki with 4 votes!
3rd place goes to Impa with 3 votes!
Last place is Tabuu with 1 vote, sorry!
A. There's really no better Wario rep available...outside of Wario himself I mean.

Let me ask you a question, if you don't mind me asking...
How do you distinguish Marth's specials from his regular slashes?
Pass.

I have no doubt Little Mac will be a practical fighter like Marth, but practicality=/=entertaining. Most the entertainment from Punch Out!! seems to be from Doc and the opponents who all have a case of the wackiness.

Basically everyone in Punch Out!! is more interesting than Little Mac himself. You know it's true deep down.

I'm getting married.
Oh, nice! Me too this year.

Not to you obviously.

(at least not yet)

I'm having a Smash Bros. themed stag/bachelor night over in Berlin. So mentioning that is at least a little on topic.
So I have been planning a gamegrumps-style show with my friend, where we sit and play games and ****.

Would anyone here be interested in watching it/have any game suggestions? We plan on starting with mario galaxy and Pokemon rumble.
To reiterate what thekewlusername said;

Try and find a unique angle. As it is you will be compared to Game Grumps putting you at a huge disadvantage since they've had years of practice and a large(and rabid) fanbase. Best of luck though, and link it somewhere on this site so we can view it...just be prepared for judgement.

I have no idea what is going on, but here is my order for Pokemon. :awesome:
Gen 1
Gen 2
Gen 3
Gen 6
Gen 5
Gen 4
Gen 3
Gen 1
Gen 6
Gen 5
Gen 4
Gen 2

Couldn't stand Diamond and Pearl personally, which was enough to put me off buying Platinum(which is apparently superior) but HG and SS saved that gen for me.

Emerald hit when I was at the peak of my Pokemon fandom...Diamond and Pearl killed it. Black revived it a bit, White 2 seemed overall kinda lame.
Why does Nintendo keep insisting on removing story from their games sequels? BW2 and Paper Mario: Sticker Star...yeesh.
Oh, and **** the Dream World forever. Great idea, terribly implemented.

X/Y are really polished, great selection of Pokemon, great features...I'm just not as into it as I once was.

Obviously Red/Blue/Yellow have a special place due to them being the games that got me into handheld gaming and made me pay more attention to Nintendo than before.

Gen 2 just had a crappy selection of Pokemon, even if it gave us the majesty that is Wobbuffet. I appreciated we got two regions in one game though...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I can't believe Miiverse sometimes.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqFsnb25cQ
People are literally thinking the statue is Palutena.
Even though Sakurai made it clear it was the statue of the Goddess of Light... anyone with basic reading comprehension would know that it is only a statue of Palutena and not Palutena herself in person... unless Medusa turned Palutena into stone so she's a background element.

Pic of the day. When Palutena joins the battle, the statue disappears from the background. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Even though Sakurai made it clear it was the statue of the Goddess of Light... anyone with basic reading comprehension would know that it is only a statue of Palutena and not Palutena herself in person... unless Medusa turned Palutena into stone so she's a background element.

Pic of the day. When Palutena joins the battle, the statue disappears from the background. :troll:
People aren't believing the statue is literally Palutena

The way it's phrased seems more like a metaphor indicating that Palutena is watching over the stage

When people build statues of gods or idols, they believe the gods themselves are watching through the eyes of the statue. When they say "She is watching" they would be referring to palutena.

No one says "The statue of the god is watching over me" It's the god himself they are referring to

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Can we stop talking about this obvious dud pic? It's just meant to introduce a new stage, leave it be.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think that the amount of Kid Icarus pictures recently might have some impact on her being revealed but whether it's now or in a month or two. He's been yakin' our chan about Ridley since the Pyrosphere reveal.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
If it is Palutena, maybe Medusa stands in the statues place instead of her. You know its hard to be a statue :troll:

Edit: I don't think its Palutena. And how would her statue deconfirm her?
Note how he doesn't say the word Palutena anywhere. This might seem oddly specific and desperate, but it's just like Ridley. By the way... remember ROB in Port Aero Dive? I don't think it means anything other than Kid Icarus has a Wii U Stage or something.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
get enough dittos from the friend safari to cover full ivs in every stat. try to pass natures with everstones, and ivs with destiny knot. for specifics, just find a vid. i reccommend shofu :)
Also BTW, is divinediety really back?
View attachment 7477woot! Turn up! Finally another strong pac-supporter. The current pac-supporters are slscking...im looking at u 3 bluepikmin, 8peacock8, and pacack.:smirk:
Where'd you hear that?
I'm not particularly against it, I'll say that much.

And I am so ready for a Palutena reveal right now. Nintendo Direct, here we come.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'll share my full thoughts on the Palutena pic of the day later after school.

I just decided Id drop in to show you something.
Remember how last night I wa talking about Fawfuk for MarioKart 8?

Well apparently there is a whole website about the subject.
You have heard about SmashBoards, but have you heard of.......

Fawfulformariokart8Boards!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's just a statue. Besides, even if Sakurai is planning to make Palutena playable, he likely won't reveal her until an upcoming Nintendo Direct.

D

Deleted member

I have a question for the Star Fox fans.

Before being included for the first time in Melee, how Falco did manage to be the second Star Fox character to be confirmed ?

I've seen here and there that he's considered as the "Luigi of the franchise".
Is it true ?
If so, what it has that distinguishes him to Slippy and Peppy in term of importance ?

I re-precise this question doesn't refer to the post-64 Star Fox games, and I've yet a little experience with this series.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I have a question for the Star Fox fans.

Before being included for the first time in Melee, how Falco did manage to be the second Star Fox character to be confirmed ?

I've seen here and there that he's considered as the "Luigi of the franchise".
Is it true ?
If so, what it has that distinguishes him to Slippy and Peppy in term of importance ?

I re-precise this question doesn't refer to the post-64 Star Fox games, and I've yet a little experience with this series.
What distinguishes him from Peppy and Slippy?

Well, I guess it is that he is second on the list of pilots right after Fox....
He is always next to Fox I guess....

I don't even know.

?????????????

Smash Master
Does anyone seriously believe that this statue counts for or against Palutena in any way? It doesn't. We've already seen a character that was literally a background character (Toon Link) become playable. This is nothing by comparison.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Cause when you beat Starfox on snes or n64 you saw your team's total kills. And Falco always had more than Peppy or Slippy. And if you played Command on the DS (underrated game) Falco could have his own story that was pretty cool and had the second best arwing to fly. Best Ship was still Panther Caruso's, though.

?????????????

Smash Master
In any case, I randomly woke up at 3am this morning, saw the pic, and went back to sleep. In doing so, I had an SSB4 related dream.

It was Palutena's reveal trailer, but it also included other character reveals, a stage reveal, and a new game mode reveal.

After showing off Palutena, it showed off a new stage based on the ships from Subspace Emissary flying into Subspace, so like Poke Floats, but fighting on the Falcon Flyer, Samus' Starship, Halberd, etc. In showing off the stage, they introduced a new character, Pilot Samus, who fights in a miniature spaceship Nintendo Land style during the whole fight, leading everyone to give up on Ridley since Pilot Samus is our new Metroid character.

They then showed off a new game mode, Smash World, an absolutely gigantic open world adventure area, Smash styled. You just wander around a huge land that combines every Nintendo based world, patrolling and saving people from Nintendo villains, or terrorizing them with your powers.

Then, at the end, they introduced three new third party characters: Chun-Li, Liu Kang, and Ryu Hayabusa. This led to everyone believing that these would be our full roster of third parties, so everyone believed Snake was cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom