• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Shadow Ball is much more iconic to Mewtwo then Aura Sphere is, that's the move he uses in the first movie and that's his most iconic appearance in all of the franchise as that gave him his personality and traits that we all know him for. Aura Sphere is a move he learns naturally, but in terms of a move that's more related to him character-wise, Shadow Ball's the better choice.

However, I will agree that I'd like Mewtwo's moveset to still be overhauled regardless, Psychic or Psystrike would be good choices to replace that move.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Why would mew two use lucario's signature move when he's better known for pyschic and shadow ball?
Why would we get rid of shadow ball anyway? It's a unique move that Mewtwo often uses in the show. It's not like aura sphere no matter what people say. It's about as similar to aura sphere as it is to charge beam.

1. It moves in a wavelike motion
2. it has MASSIVE knockback
3. it doesn't get stronger/bigger like aura sphere

Just cuz its a projectile doesn't mean it is the same move -_- some people man.

Rob's laser and Pit's arrows are the same right guyz??

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Why would we get rid of shadow ball anyway? It's a unique move that Mewtwo often uses in the show. It's not like aura sphere no matter what people say. It's about as similar to aura sphere as it is to charge beam.

1. It moves in a wavelike motion
2. it has MASSIVE knockback
3. it doesn't get stronger/bigger like aura sphere

Just cuz its a projectile doesn't mean it is the same move -_- some people man.

Rob's laser and Pit's arrows are the same right guyz??
I am terribly confused, it has been a while since I have actually played Melee, but doesn't the Shadow Ball get stronger/bigger as you charge it? I also thought that Lucario's Aura Sphere moves in a wave-like motion. The knock-back portion seems familiar, I remember that I actually used Mewtwo's charged Shadow Ball, with Lucario, I tend to just spam tiny ones.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I am terribly confused, it has been a while since I have actually played Melee, but doesn't the Shadow Ball get stronger/bigger as you charge it? I also thought that Lucario's Aura Sphere moves in a wave-like motion. The knock-back portion seems familiar, I remember that I actually used Mewtwo's charged Shadow Ball, with Lucario, I tend to just spam tiny ones.
I think the wave part was Mewtwo, while Lucario's goes straight.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Lucario's moves in a wavy pattern but only when not charged, and it grows stronger the more damage he gets, unlike Mewtwo's.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I know why Nintendo is trying to make smash a casual game, I know why Sakurai can sound like a jerk sometimes, and finally I know why each character got in smash!
*Game Theory theme*
Hello internet, welcome to Game Theory!

Cpt.

Smash Lord
As Tepig2000 stated, I wasn't talking about the more you charge it, I saw talking about Lucario's aura ability. Also the fact that Lucario's only moves in waves if you mash b to make mini-aura spheres while Mewtwo's always waves.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I know why Nintendo is trying to make smash a casual game, I know why Sakurai can sound like a jerk sometimes, and finally I know why each character got in smash!
*Game Theory theme*
Dear Game Theory,

Thank you so much for spreading that ******** "theory" about Link being dead in Majora's Mask. I'm so glad I have to hear about it any time I talk to any "know-it-all" Zelda fan, who swear on it as if it were the Old Testament. Seeing this stupid video being posted literally everywhere and touted as truth makes my days sunnier and, in general, has made my life better.

Your "friend", UltimateWario

P.S.: Watch your back, I will kill you slowly.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
*Game Theory theme*
Is there actual a game theory video about smash? Must have missed it :/

Dear Game Theory,

Thank you so much for spreading that ******** "theory" about Link being dead in Majora's Mask. I'm so glad I have to hear about it any time I talk to any "know-it-all" Zelda fan, who swear on it as if it were the Old Testament. Seeing this stupid video being posted literally everywhere and touted as truth makes my days sunnier and, in general, has made my life better.

Idk I can see why your mad but the guy always says "and remember gamers it's just a theory, a game theory" or something like that.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Dear Game Theory,

It isn't truth though! It's just a Theory, a Game Theory!

@ Cpt. Cpt. No but there will be on my channel.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Dear Game Theory,

Nothing can stop the internet in its eternal quest for total ignorance.
Chill out bro.

_fiercedeity

Smash Apprentice
Dear Game Theory,

Lol I remember watching that video, and thinking, " This kinda makes sense."

That's just me though :rotfl:

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't know, the one game theory that I actually find feasible pertains to the Legendary Beasts and what Pokemon they were prior to the Burned Tower (Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Lucario's gimmick rewards you for sucking.

Booooooo.
Lol my one friend plays as him, and as by his "strategy", he will make the stock be 7 instead of 5, kill himself twice to get the damage boost or whatever, and then play. He does it every single time, and it's stupid, but it's hilarious.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I like the Game Theory about Sonic's speed.

The end was hilarious when I first saw it.
Lol yeah.

"Oh what? You thought Sonic was fast? Nah brah Mario is the fastest thing alive!"

Good stuff Game Theory, good stuff.

Call it what you want, it rewards you for getting hit, which is something you should try not to do.
True, but as long as they make him weak to start it doesn't matter too much. It is at the very least a creative mechanic.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Lol my one friend plays as him, and as by his "strategy", he will make the stock be 7 instead of 5, kill himself twice to get the damage boost or whatever, and then play. He does it every single time, and it's stupid, but it's hilarious.

Hello guys, I see we've at least gotten to the point where that statue means Sakurai is toying with us...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yo, guys, I'm thinking up a new set of textures for my texture thread (see signature for details, shameless plug), and I was thinking "Villain Costumes" for some characters. A few ideas I had were:
  • Bowser/Koopa Mario, Red/Yellow/Green color scheme, Koopa Kingdom logo instead of the M on his hat.
  • King Boo/Boo Luigi, Sky Blue/White color scheme, Boo face instead of the L on his hat.
  • 02 Kirby, white/red color scheme, complete with working cyclopic, red eye.
  • Ganon Link, brown/red/gold color scheme, perhaps Gerudo skintone and hair.
  • Vaati Toon Link, purple/black color scheme, purple skin/hair.
  • Captain Syrup Wario, purple/slate color scheme, replace the W on his hat with her skull logo.
Just looking for some input or new ideas.

Also, relevant, because alternate costumes are cool and a possibility in Smash 4! YAY
That sounds really cool. Do it. Mankind needs this to happen.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Focus Blast would charge up like Shadow Ball, but then, after leaving Mewtwo's hand, there's a 30% chance that the attack flies wildly out of control and cannot hit anyone.

FocusMiss4Smash
Please no. I have enough pain when I actually decide to give that move another chance in pokemon.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Lol yeah.

"Oh what? You thought Sonic was fast? Nah brah Mario is the fastest thing alive!"

Good stuff Game Theory, good stuff.

True, but as long as they make him weak to start it doesn't matter too much. It is at the very least a creative mechanic.
My favorite thing to do in the Mario & Sonic at the Olympics games is to beat the Sonic characters in the 100 meter sprint with Bowser =3

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
It isn't truth though! It's just a Theory, a Game Theory!

@ Cpt. Cpt. No but there will be on my channel.
That show's quality has dropped so quickly as of the past year. When your show degrades to the point where you need to show boobs to gain an audience, your show needs to die...but it never will because youtube users are idiots. :p

Anyways, is the topic overall still Mewtwo? Well, I'll just leave this here:

SSB4 Mewtwo.jpg

Size: 8.5/10 (Mewtwo’s overall size has increased slightly since its appearance in Smash Bros Melee, and with this increase in size comes a drastic increase in weight, making Mewtwo stand up with the heavier characters of the game. However, Mewtwo can still do high floaty jumps like in its Melee days)

Strength: 9/10 (As you might expect from a legendary pokemon, let alone the most powerful pokemon of all, Mewtwo is one of the game’s strongest characters in terms of overall force and launch power. Being the game’s clear-cut strongest pokemon, Mewtwo is also capable of semi-decent combo skills, although the combo skills of Mewtwo are less than that of Melee Mewtwo. However, while Mewtwo’s psychic power can be used to create combos, it excels at single-hit attacks with powerful knockback)

Speed: 5/10 (Mewtwo’s speed overall is very limited for a pokemon that’s known for being quite fast in the actual games, but with its overall power, it’s not really that big of an issue. Mewtwo’s range is increased overall as well, most of its attacks giving off small projectile bursts to match its psychic style)

Recovery: 8.5/10 (Mewtwo’s high floaty jump and pinpoint special recovery remain intact from its Melee days, but has been given a few extra tweaks to make it more effective. However, Mewtwo’s high floaty jumps are still slow, so it can be knocked out of the air easier than most characters on the recovery, but luckily its pinpoint teleport is a good counter against this, which is a saving grace for Mewtwo)

Uniqueness: 9/10 (Mewtwo’s psychic heavyweight powerhouse style is not like anything seen in the series to this day. While Ness can be seen as a heavy-hitting psychic character, Mewtwo’s powerful attacks are much more ruthless overall, and is twice as heavy as Ness. Mewtwo’s fighting style is sure to please old-time Mewtwo users and fans looking for a breath of fresh air in the mighty legendary’s arsenal)

Standard A Combo: Shadow Bursts (3x, 16% total) (Three bursts of shadow energy from Mewtwo’s hands, the final blast being with both)

Forward + A: Psychic Blast (15%) (Super short-range projectile) (Pushes his hand forward, a small wave of energy spiking from his hand, has push effect to knock opponent back)

Up + A: Psycho Spark (14%) (Holds hand above head, releasing spark of psychic energy)

Down + A: Psywave (12%) (Eyes flash yellow as a wave of psychic energy surrounds him, almost instantaneous)

Dash Attack: Shadow Hook (10%) (A wave of shadow power extends from arm, striking opponent away, attacks quickly)

Aerial Attacks:
Neutral A: Psychic Shock (20% total) (Same as Melee, upped in knockback and overall effectiveness)

Forward + A: Psychic Pulse (17%) (Thrusts hand forward, creating a pulse of psychic power)

Up + A: Psychic Push (14% and Push effect) (Eyes flash as a wave of psychic energy appears around head, pushing upwards, has push effect)

Backward + A: Shadow Wall (14%) (Turns around to create a wall of shadow energy with mind, negates projectiles)

Down + A: Shadow Tail (14%) (Meteor Smash) (Smashes opponent downward quickly with tail infused with shadow power)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Psychic (34%) (Pushes both hands forward, creating a large psychic blast)

Up Smash: Psyshock (29%) (Uses mind to crush area above, has vacuum effect)
Down Smash: Shadow Pulse (29%) (Pushes hand onto the floor and releases a giant pulse of black energy, spreads outward to strike on both sides)

Grab/Throws:
Grab: Grab with a single hand filled with psychic energy

Pummel: Shocks the opponent with psychic energy (4%)

Front Throw: Throws the opponent upward and blows the opponent away with a psychic blast (12%)

Up Throw: Spins the opponent around then launches them straight up (15%)

Back Throw: Will turn around and blast the opponent away with Psychic energy (14%)

Down Throw: Throws the opponent to the ground repeatedly (11%)

Special Moves:

Standard Special: Shadow Ball (30% max, chargeable projectile like in Melee, has same physics, travels faster, easier to control)

Side Special: Psycho Cut (32% max, 11% for projectile, Powerful multi-use attack, strikes at close range for major damage, creates short-range projectile at full strength)

Up Special: Teleport (Teleports farther and quicker than in Melee without the addition of a helpless state)

Down Special: Power Swap (Gains random boost depending on what kind of character strikes. The following possible boosts are:
Power Boost (From powerful characters)

Speed Boost (From fast characters)

Recovery Boost (From multi-jump characters)

Projectile Proficiency Boost (From projectile-prone characters, example: MegaMan)

Final Smash: Psystrike (65% total, sucks in opponents around it in a large cyclone effect, then bursts outward in extreme power. Knockback is very high, most likely to KO any character over 30% damage, even Bowser)
Color Scheme:

#1: Grey/Purple (Standard Mewtwo)
#2: Greyish Green/Green (Shiny Mewtwo)
#3: Greyish Blue/Blue (Classic Shiny Mewtwo)
#4: Greyish Red/Red (Alternate Melee Mewtwo)
#5: Greyish Pink/Pink (Mew)

Theme Music:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
That show's quality has dropped so quickly as of the past year. When your show degrades to the point where you need to show boobs to gain an audience, your show needs to die...but it never will because youtube users are idiots. :p
Nice avatar btw

But in all seriousness nice Mewtwo stats.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm saying Palutena disconfirmed.
That's funny.
Considering that the very same statue in this picture appeared in Chapter 20 of Kid Icarus Uprising, Palutena's Temple.

Sorry that it's small, but if you look you can see that the statue with wings is there. Also Palutena.
Palutena and a statue of Palutena can coexist.
The end.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
That's funny.
Considering that the very same statue in this picture appeared in Chapter 20 of Kid Icarus Uprising, Palutena's Temple.

Sorry that it's small, but if you look you can see that the statue with wings is there. Also Palutena.
The end.
End of discussion. Now we wait for her.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
To anyone who is saying the statue disconfirms Palutena:

This totally means Toon Link is disconfir-oh wait.

Anyone who thinks a statue (again, a freaking STATUE, not a version of a character like in Toon Link's case) of Palutena disconfirms her as a playable character are deluding themselves.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
That's funny.

The end.
Here's another one :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom