• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I was honestly thinking that Mewtwo transforms into Megatwo Y (because seriously, he's going to be in one way or another), then uses Psystrike, which causes tons of tiny shards of telekinetically-formed glass (see Psystrike's XY animation) to radiate out from his position. If you're within a certain range of Mewtwo when he does this move, you're dead. He then simply transforms back into regular Mewtwo.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
I was honestly thinking that Mewtwo transforms into Megatwo Y (because seriously, he's going to be in one way or another), then uses Psystrike, which causes tons of tiny shards of telekinetically-formed glass (see Psystrike's XY animation) to radiate out from his position. If you're within a certain range of Mewtwo when he does this move, you're dead. He then simply transforms back into regular Mewtwo.
My thoughts exactly. Psystrike would be the perfect Final Smash since it's Mewtwo's ultimate attack.

Morbi

Scavenger
I have a question for the Star Fox fans.

Before being included for the first time in Melee, how Falco did manage to be the second Star Fox character to be confirmed ?

I've seen here and there that he's considered as the "Luigi of the franchise".
Is it true ?
If so, what it has that distinguishes him to Slippy and Peppy in term of importance ?

I re-precise this question doesn't refer to the post-64 Star Fox games, and I've yet a little experience with this series.
If I recall correctly, also known as, "if the hearsay is accurate," Wolf was considered in place of Falco (which is obviously the most logical assumption); however, Sakurai chose Falco instead based on the notion that he was more diverse than Wolf (compared to Fox). So we were supposed to get Wolf, but he was almost identical to Fox, so we got the flashy and somewhat flamboyant bird instead. This is reflective of the concerted effort to make Wolf very different from Fox, not only aesthetically, but in regards to his play-style. Obviously it was quite successful.

I am honestly not sure why he didn't choose Slippy as Slippy is more popular in Japan and he has notoriety in the West. Perhaps it was based on Falco's personality as he incorporates aspects of the characters in the move-sets. It might have been based on importance as Falco is the overt second. Peppy is more important to the story, but he is an old and feeble rabbit, so he wouldn't have worked as well in my opinion.

Gune

Smash Lord
I was thinking with mega evolutions that when either Lucario or Mewtwo do them for final smashes they would use the attacks that they were show cased with, like Mewtwo y would get psystrike and x would get giga impact, and Lucario would get close combat or a powered up version of extreme speed.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
He have some serious competition :

Don't forget:

If they just buff mewtwos moveset, then I hope for a form change to Y form so he can have a completely new one.
On the topic of Mewtwo, I would have them not change Mewtwo's moveset drastically. I would prefer if all that work for Mega Mewtwo's forms went into a Pokemon newcomer instead.

Morbi

Scavenger
So, do you guys think Mewtwo'll get an overhaul or just a buff?

I'm kinda hopin' just a buff. His moveset is quirky, but goddamn does it work (at least in Project M).
I am hoping that Mewtwo just receives a buff as I am already familiar with his play-style whilst thoroughly enjoying it. However, his absence from Brawl may lend to the premise that he is a clean slate, he could be receiving an overhaul. Mewtwo has changed dramatically since the pre-Melee era, so it would only be fitting for him to receive an over-haul (especially as his move-set was literally the only complaint from fans). It really depends on what his proposed changes for Brawl Mewtwo were and whether or not he will build on those, or just implement them this time around. Overall, I think it is likely that we will see some drastic changes, perhaps not an over-haul, but he will most likely play differently.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Being of the X/majestic as **** master race, I never even got the chance to obtain the Mewtwonite Y. I think it would be a completely abhorrent concept for Sakurai to play favorites on the matter. Besides, Mewtwo has always struck me as being so awesome/powerful that it doesn't (and didn't) even need a Mega Forme. Save that **** for Lucario's sorry ass.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Good afternoon all, hope you're doing well. Well, judging by today's photo of the day, we've got ourselves a handheld stage on the Wii U in the form of Palutena's Temple from Chapter 20 of Kid Icarus Uprising. Now then, this means that picking stages goes as far as picking from both platforms when there's little to no options. For example, we may see Dragonspiral Temple or Geosenge Town/Team Flare Secret HQ on the Wii U and maybe the Biosphere on the 3DS.

And since the topic is currently changes to Mewtwo, I already designed my changes for Mewtwo while retaining a couple moves from his Melee days, namely his standard B, Up B, standard air, down air, dash attack and forward smash with upgraded physics.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Keep telport. Change shadow ball to aura sphere (nothing too drastic), and give him two unique new moves

thunderbolt and fireblast :(

And psystrike as final smash.

This will basically resemble his competitive moveset which is imo the best one

EDIT: ice beam as alternative to thunderbolt

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Good afternoon all, hope you're doing well. Well, judging by today's photo of the day, we've got ourselves a handheld stage on the Wii U in the form of Palutena's Temple from Chapter 20 of Kid Icarus Uprising. Now then, this means that picking stages goes as far as picking from both platforms when there's little to no options. For example, we may see Dragonspiral Temple or Geosenge Town/Team Flare Secret HQ on the Wii U and maybe the Biosphere on the 3DS.

And since the topic is currently changes to Mewtwo, I already designed my changes for Mewtwo while retaining a couple moves from his Melee days, namely his standard B, Up B, standard air, down air and forward smash with upgraded physics.
Pokepark
Why? Then it would be the exact same as Lucario's move.
so? This is mewtwos replacement for shadowball everywhere. In x and y it fights you with it. In the anime that is what he uses now too instead of shadowball. Evry (serious)player who owns a mewtwo has it with aura sphere

Gune

Smash Lord
Keep telport. Change shadow ball to aura sphere (nothing too drastic), and give him two unique new moves

thunderbolt and fireblast :(

And psystrike as final smash.

This will basically resemble his competitive moveset which is imo the best one

EDIT: ice beam as alternative to thunderbolt
Why would mew two use lucario's signature move when he's better known for pyschic and shadow ball?

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Mewtwo should have Focus Blast instead.
Sceptile with focus blast 4smash

Why would mew two use lucario's signature move when he's better known for pyschic and shadow ball?
Not starting a debate but thats arguable. Aura sphere came out known by lucario, the mew duo, the creation trio, and togekiss. I'm sure he was given it cause of the fans being used to him uses 'energy spheres'. Thats why in all subsequent media its his go to move instead of shadow ball. I'd argue that its his signature move as well

Last edited by a moderator:

_fiercedeity

Smash Apprentice
Not starting a debate but thats arguable. Aura sphere came out known by lucario, the mew duo, the creation trio, and togekiss. I'm sure he was given it cause of the fans being used to him uses 'energy spheres'. Thats why in all subsequent media its his go to move instead of shadow ball. I'd argue that its his signature move as well
True, true. Mewtwo doesnt even learn Shadowball :happysheep:

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
He does, and Shadow Ball is included. So Mewtwo apparently ran into a TM sometime down the road.
1316623748_kid_sneezes.gif

Lmao I just think the pairing of mewtwo and shadowball is outdated but you guys think it should stay so I wont argue :)

I just hope they can disable and confusion

Morbi

Scavenger
View attachment 7495
Lmao I just think the pairing of mewtwo and shadowball is outdated but you guys think it should stay so I wont argue :)

I honestly agree with you, Aura Sphere is the more ideal choice. However, as we all know, people aren't receptive to Lucario and Mewtwo actually sharing a move. I am not entirely sure why, I believe it is because they do not want the two compared as much.

Gune

Smash Lord
I think of it as street fighter everybody can do a hadouken In there but ryu is best known for it since he introduced it, hence why its his signature move like the shoryuken, Same thing applies to Lucario just because metwo's now using it doesent make it his signature move compared to someone who still uses it to this day, but I understand your reasoning behind the ussumption.

_fiercedeity

Smash Apprentice
I honestly agree with you, Aura Sphere is the more ideal choice. However, as we all know, people aren't receptive to Lucario and Mewtwo actually sharing a move. I am not entirely sure why, I believe it is because they do not want the two compared as much.
If Lucario gets canned, then maybe Mewtwo can get it as his nuetral B. Not saying Lucario is going to get removed. Still got Lucario love :lucario:

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Lol yeah its too late for that. Aura sphere and shadowball were too similar anyway. If they change it I wouldnt mind . They are basically sharing the same move but it would actually now be called the same thing with the same color

Morbi

Scavenger
Lol yeah its too late for that. Aura sphere and shadowball were too similar anyway. If they change it I wouldnt mind . They are basically sharing the same move but it would actually now be called the same thing with the same color
That is precisely the point that I was making, it is all moot. They are the same exact thing.

Gune

Smash Lord
That is precisely the point that I was making, it is all moot. They are the same exact thing.
Different properties for each one they don't exactly work the same so it would be a lot better if we could keep them as different as possible less we start another age of "Mewtwo and Lucario are clones"

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think if both attacks had different properties, no one would mind too much.

Lucario's Aura Sphere can be fully charged into a shot as it is currently with the additional property: if fully charged and a smash is utilized, the smash will be at full power without having to hold the button an extended period which drains the charged of the aura

Mewtwo's Shadowball can go through stages and barriers like Villager's tree.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Oh, it's not that I disagree, I'd much rather have Mewtwo's standard special move be something iconic rather than Shadow Ball honestly. I've never liked his Smash moveset outside of the tail attacks, his down smash and the teleport.

_fiercedeity

Smash Apprentice
How about Mewtwo does Shadowball/Aura Sphere in the same animation as he does in X&Y. They should make the actual projectile look less like a giant circle and more like the games too.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Yo, guys, I'm thinking up a new set of textures for my texture thread (see signature for details, shameless plug), and I was thinking "Villain Costumes" for some characters. A few ideas I had were:
  • Bowser/Koopa Mario, Red/Yellow/Green color scheme, Koopa Kingdom logo instead of the M on his hat.
  • King Boo/Boo Luigi, Sky Blue/White color scheme, Boo face instead of the L on his hat.
  • 02 Kirby, white/red color scheme, complete with working cyclopic, red eye.
  • Ganon Link, brown/red/gold color scheme, perhaps Gerudo skintone and hair.
  • Vaati Toon Link, purple/black color scheme, purple skin/hair.
  • Captain Syrup Wario, purple/slate color scheme, replace the W on his hat with her skull logo.
Just looking for some input or new ideas.

Also, relevant, because alternate costumes are cool and a possibility in Smash 4! YAY

Last edited:

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Yo, guys, I'm thinking up a new set of textures for my texture thread (see signature for details, shameless plug), and I was thinking "Villain Costumes" for some characters. A few ideas I had were:
  • Bowser/Koopa Mario, Red/Yellow/Green color scheme, Koopa Kingdom logo instead of the M on his hat.
  • King Boo/Boo Luigi, Sky Blue/White color scheme, Boo face instead of the L on his hat.
  • 02 Kirby, white/red color scheme, complete with working cyclopic, red eye.
  • Ganon Link, brown/red/gold color scheme, perhaps Gerudo skintone and hair.
  • Vaati Toon Link, purple/black color scheme, purple skin/hair.
  • Captain Syrup Wario, purple/slate color scheme, replace the W on his hat with her skull logo.
Just looking for some input or new ideas.

Also, relevant, because alternate costumes are cool and a possibility in Smash 4! YAY
That would be awesome. Or swap costumes like in SFxT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom