• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So your idea of unjusitified is being negative to a negative reply? Why are you a moderator again? Don't moderators read what's going on. Not make biased assumptions and say "I don't like you! You have no right to do anything!"

Good. That's good work.
Please. Just stop digging yourself a bigger hole, bud. I like you and all, but you can get me damn near to ripping out my eyes and feeding them to my goldfish.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Fine, I'll do what Godzilla suggested.

Since you people can't accept when you are wrong and just want to mob everyone and then cry when you get negative feedback. I'm not gonna play along. I've seen GameFaq's threads more dignifying than this.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Jack's Roster 4.png

So I made a few adjustments to my roster. Nothing too big, but whatever. Keep in mind that this is a DREAM roster, and I don't expect a lot of these characters.
Anyway:

Replaced Tetra with Tingle.
Made Chrom a Chrom and Lucina duo.
Replaced Glover with Cubivore.
Prettier icons

Feel free to critique it though.

Gune

Smash Lord
I hate the fact that every time I come to check on you guys your either fighting with some new guy or everbody is arguing with Saturn because he said something offensive or something not everybody agree's on... doesent this get old?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dear, Dellusional, Narcissist Possum...

It's funny how telling this is. First off, it's Opossum. Opossums and possums are completely different animals, Saturn. The opossum (specifically the Virginia opossum) was discovered in 1608 by the western world when Captain John Smith first came to the New World, and saw one. Upon hearing the description of the natives, he learned that they called it an "apasum," which was Algonquian for "white beast." As language changed, it became spelled as "opossum."

Skip ahead about one hundred years, when Captain James Cook heads to Australia. Here, he and his crew see animals that look vaguely similar to opossums, and in a moment of sheer creativity, decide to call them "possums." Eventually, folks in the US decided to be lazy and drop the "O," leading to much confusion.

This is symbolic, Saturn. Just because something may appear to be similar to something else and capable of doing much of the same things, it doesn't mean it's destined to be forever the same. Live it. Learn it. Love it.

Post a source proving that to be the only reason they are clones and that Sakurai wouldn't have made Falco, Luigi, and Lucas clones if he DID have time. There is none.
It's called common sense, Saturn. Falco wouldn't have been added at all if he wasn't a clone. Luigi was too important to leave out, and technical limitations may have been apparent. Plus, it makes sense for him to have been a clone then. Notice how he's not a clone now? Lucas got some original moves from Ness. Common sense dictates he would have gotten more if Sakurai didn't have the burden of the Sub-Par Emissary to deal with.

This is proof that they were last minute additions in Brawl. NOT that they were clones because of it. Sorry, try again.
Last minute means they didn't have enough time to work on them. That's a clear indicator of why they were clones: it was the easier option given the amount of time. Are you seriously arguing the very DEFINITION of "last minute" now?

Hmm, specials and Smash attacks are BOTH moves. Explain to me the contradiction.
...That post DID explain the contradiction. Look harder.

Show me proof that Ganondorf would not be a clone if he wasn't a last minute addition which you also don't have proof of.
You know, I think Thomas Paine wrote something about this...try looking up what he wrote.

Then call it whatever the **** you want. He still shares 4 moves, a Final Smash, and is essentially based on Fox.
All I'm saying is, if Chrom ends up being like Wolf, and sharing only four out of 25-ish moves, I'd say that's pretty good. Much more unique than a lot of other characters.

You would think that wouldn't you. I guess Luigi is getting a brand new move set then. Oh, wait he didn't. Clones are made clones, semi-clones, whatever because they are SUPPOSED to be that way. That should be common knowledge.
Dealing in absolutes again, I see. How petty. And it's sad that you think Luigi's still a clone. There's a reason the term is called "Luigified."

People hate every clone move set. And yet Lucas and Wolf still shared moves and Luigi was still a clone. So that's not enough to assume Ganondorf will be completely decloned. Try again.
I took the liberty of eliminating the bull for you. You're ignoring what I said earlier regarding Lucas and Wolf.

Such a silly possum.
See the opening paragraph again/

Lucas is CAPABLE of performing PSI. It doesn't have to be canon. Being capable of doing something is not the same as having done it.
He's not CAPABLE of performing PSI Freeze, Thunder, Fire or Starstorm. By that logic, Rosalina DEFINITELY could have been a Peach clone because she's CAPABLE of holding things, justifying the use of a parasol and turnips. That's just ridiculous. Are you reading back what you type? Honestly...

Jigglypuff shares several smash attakcs. Go back and play her. She shares more than Lucas.
Ah, so Lucas isn't so bad then? And several implies three or more. Considering there are only three types of Smash attacks, and the Up Smash is definitely different, this is incorrect. Word choice, Saturn.

Lol. This just gets better and better.
I know, right? It's as if you can't read! :D

LOL! That's funny because I actually didn't. Again, go back and read. Looks are not enough. You have to have the capabilities too.
See three quotes above this to explain your fallacy.
I think you are illiterate. Millions of times I said you have to have similar traits AND originally be capable of performing the abilities.
Oh really now...

My mind is not as simple as yours. ;)
Not my fault if you can't understand what I'm saying. That's a fault of you're own, Saturn. ;)

You seem surprised that people think of you this way.

actual events

> Assumptions based off assumptions.

Two can play at that game, Saturn, and I play to win.

Well clearly all you've proved is that you will do and say ANYTHING to sound right. Regardless of how much sense it DOESN'T make and how many times I tarnish thes pathetic arguments.I've proved pretty much all of it and THIS is what you come up with???
You act as if anyone else agrees with you. Hint: when you're arguing facts and more people seem to agree with the opposition, you may in fact be incorrect.

Well if you wanna go around pretending to be Sakurai and be smart alack every time you're (I know you can't help it being the denial narcissist you are) wrong don't come crying to me when you get a smart alack response.
This is, of course, implying that I'd go "crying to you" for anything in the first place. The problem here is that you can't stand being wrong or called out, and get mad when others are smart alack-y to you in response. And you're calling me a narcissist when your username used to be your actual name. Fitting.

Respect, young possum. You gotta give it to get it. That includes respect for other people's intelligence. I'd stick around and play dumb *** with you more. But, I don't do that Diddy and Deity game anymore. Sorry, bud. ;)

BYYYYYYE :b:
Sounds like you're the one in denial, really. Also, lol at the possum thing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
let us talk about yoshi characters again. that was fun last time, I never did get a response to my point.
Well we're not going to be getting any new Yoshi characters, that I'm fairly sure of, but it'd be nice to see Kamek as an AT.

Since you people can't accept when you are wrong and just want to mob everyone and then cry when you get negative feedback. I'm not gonna play along. I've seen GameFaq's threads more dignifying than this.
Feel free to go there then.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
What a crazy idea. He's crazy. Lynch him. He must conform to our Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena, Little Mac and Takamaru roster ideals. These are the only acceptable choices, kingmario92...we don't appreciate those that think outside the box here.
So does that mean I suck for wanting Ryu from Ninja Gaiden in Smash? :crying:

Fine, I'll do what Godzilla suggested.

Here's some advice, friend. Leave the forums for a while and come back later when everything is all cleared up. You're really just digging your grave even deeper if you keep responding to everyone's posts

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
I'd rather aura sphere as that seems to be his go to now even in the anime. I want fireblast too. Mewtwo shouldnt only have psychic and ghost or dark attacks

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh wow, a lot happened as I was typing that. O.O

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I hate the fact that every time I come to check on you guys your either fighting with some new guy or everbody is arguing with Saturn because he said something offensive or something not everybody agree's on... doesent this get old?
Gee...I wonder where the problem comes from...:glare:

Hey guys how's it--

Oh for Christ sake, Saturn, what have you done now...?
How about I name you what he HASN'T done, I guarantee you it's much shorter. :p

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Alright Saturn, now I'm not suggesting, I'm telling you, as a mod, to stop your needlessly condescending behaviour and your continual insulting of the other users here.

Do not argue with the mods when they have directly told you to stop your antagonistic conduct. You are not the authority figure here.

And I'd appreciate it if the rest of you who might've veered away return to the topic of the thread.
If by "veered away", do you mean those who left the thread because of the nonsense here? Cause I'd rather stay away.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Hey what's the topic he-...
Oh more Saturn, should have saw this coming..
Um.. I'll go back to playing the wonderful Xenoblade, you guys have a jolly good time.
Seriously guys (and not just you two, you were just the first that made this kind of comment now), if you really want him to be nicer could you stop making postes like these. Your not helping at all and is part of the problem.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Mach Rider and Chibi-Robo are being overlooked.

A futuristic biker complete with futuristic bike.
A robot that can charge itself with its plug as well as utilize household items.

Would these two ring the uniqueness alarm in Sakurai's mind?

D

Deleted member

@ Opossum Opossum

Just drop it with that kid man, save your energy, there's no point in trying to reason with the obstinate and irrational. I'm actually surprised you took him so seriously after he insulted you like that...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Seriously guys (and not just you two, you were just the first that made this kind of comment now), if you really want him to be nicer could you stop making postes like these. Your not helping at all and is part of the problem.
This. If you guys think attention doesn't play a large part of enforcing someone's behaviour, think again. I'd ask in the future to not draw more attention than necessary to off-topic arguments.

Now let's try to stay on topic.

If by "veered away", do you mean those who left the thread because of the nonsense here? Cause I'd rather stay away.
I meant those still in the thread no longer talking about the roster, which is the topic of the thread.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I know mate, Saturn is my guy here. :p
Let's see if he'll change.
I have already adapted to him, so no need to worry.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
@ Opossum Opossum

Just drop it with that kid man, save your energy, there's no point in trying to reason with the obstinate and irrational. I'm actually surprised you took him so seriously after he insulted you like that...
Honestly, I didn't see most of what went down until after I posted it. I had nothing better to do, after all. :p

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I'm not going to show respect to someone who refuses to show it to anyone else and cause hours upon hours of our time to be wasted because of his own ignorance. We don't hate him because of what he says, it's the inflection in which they're said. It's simple to disagree and try to keep positive, as the main answer is "Agree to disagree" and "Both are possible", not "I'm right, listen to what I have to say NOW."

Anyways, I still support Krystal regardless of this trainwreck of an afternoon.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Nah, like who you want. Unusual choice I'll admit though.

Just make sure to separate want and likelihood I guess and it's all good. Again; I want Meowth. I expect Mewtwo.
I think his chances are somewhat decent because of his strong appearances on the NES, but that's all he really has going for him. And that's my 2 cents on that :p

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well we're not going to be getting any new Yoshi characters, that I'm fairly sure of, but it'd be nice to see Kamek as an AT.
this smash is the prime time for a yoshi rep, and I can see it happening. higher chance of happening than not.

Kamek has been strongly increasing in importance in the Nintendo character hierarchy. first with a cameo in galaxy. then super mario bros. wii becoming the semi-final boss, and then with him replacing the blatant rip off of him, kammy koopa, in the most recent paper mario. along with appearing with a major role in the Mario & Luigi games, as well as reprising his role in yoshi's new island, and although it hasn't been confirmed, he could make an appearance in the Wii U console game: Yarn Yoshi. he might even be the reason story-wise why everything is made of yarn.

with 2 new yoshi games, I can see yoshi being announced to promote Yoshi's new island, and kamek to promote Yarn Yoshi. and since it seems the Wii U is getting way more promotion, if yoshi is already announced by the time that comes out they probably want someone to promote that, but there won't be anyone else. (granted, there are some variables, such as smash possibly coming out before Yarn Yoshi, or yoshi not being announced to promote yoshi's new island)

plus Yoshi was one of the series included in Nintendo land, apparently that means something to some people.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I know mate, Saturn is my guy here. :p
Let's see if he'll change.
I have already adapted to him, so no need to worry.
Ah, but It seems like you were the one who changed.

Aura sphere is currently being used by its rightful owner right now.:lucario:
I mean, really. Mewtwo already has Shadow Ball, so...
Sure, changing either Shadow Ball or Aura Sphere would make either character seem less "cloneish" (even though they're unique already) but still.

Your current avatar is hawt, by the way.

----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom