• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reznor

work in progress
well I missed the Krystal argument ............ anyways
I no longer hate Krystal (for reasons that don't make the most sense) but I still think we don't need a 4th Starfox rep
if Falco or Wolf get cut Krystal is an ok option :dr^_^:
but I will always hate Geno

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
has anyone read through my post regarding kamek yet?
Yeah, but honestly kamek would feel like one of those inclusions for sole reason of "this series needs more reps, and that's the best they got". I don't see sakurai looking for newcomers in that way unless they really truly stand out, especially for a character that could be seen as a normal enemy in other games.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
that makes her look like a bobcat or something, well, minus the tail. bubsy's long lost cousin?:reverse:

EDIT: you drew that yourself, didn't you? it looks really good, and I mean no offence to it, it was just a joke.
Yes, I drew it meself, and it's okay, I don't mind some feedback like that since when it comes to detailing fur, I always go a little overboard. :p And what was it that made her look like a bobcat....it was the poofy face and fanged smile wasn't it? :p

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Guys, sorry to go off-topic again, but I think that @SaturnGamer64 is really angry/upset about what happened about half an hour ago.
I know that his arguments may not be ideal, or he may come across as mean or offensive, but Saturn's my friend and I should have stood up for him back there.
There are more people like him here that don't get the hate he does. I don't understand why everyone ganged up on him like that, since it's basically just another argument on the RPD, and really it should have been treated as such.
Whether Krystal will make it or not shouldn't do this to us. We're all Smash fans, and Smash Bros is a game that should bring us together, not tear us apart and start wars.
Thanks for listening to my speech.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm down to hear some reason why he should make the roster.
-Because he would be the first spear user in Smash Bros. (adds something new to the game)
-Moveset potential.
-He is now one of the main characters and a staple in the Kirby series.
-Pretty requested, specially in Japan.
-Kirby is one of the best and most popular Nintendo franchises.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I'm not going to show respect to someone who refuses to show it to anyone else and cause hours upon hours of our time to be wasted because of his own ignorance. We don't hate him because of what he says, it's the inflection in which they're said. It's simple to disagree and try to keep positive, as the main answer is "Agree to disagree" and "Both are possible", not "I'm right, listen to what I have to say NOW."

Anyways, I still support Krystal regardless of this trainwreck of an afternoon.
I'm not defending him. I was mostly targeting the kind of comments that add little to the discussion and mostly seems like jabs at Saturn. I don't care what you think about him, but I just think those comments just makes it worse and are therefor very unnecessary.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Guys, sorry to go off-topic again, but I think that @SaturnGamer64 is really angry/upset about what happened about half an hour ago.
I know that his arguments may not be ideal, or he may come across as mean or offensive, but Saturn's my friend and I should have stood up for him back there.
There are more people like him here that don't get the hate he does. I don't understand why everyone ganged up on him like that, since it's basically just another argument on the RPD, and really it should have been treated as such.
Whether Krystal will make it or not shouldn't do this to us. We're all Smash fans, and Smash Bros is a game that should bring us together, not tear us apart and start wars.
Dude, you're trying to reason with Smashboards. You haven't even tackled IGN or GameFaq's and you're trying to redeem this place. I appreciate the effort. But, no. :sick:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Goooood Afternoon everyone, hope you are all doing well today. If I may ask, what's going on, because as usual we have multiple topics going on apparently and I can't tell which is which.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Again, he was the one that caused the problem by forcing his opinion in our faces and not accepting other possibilities. Also, we didn't start a war, and we weren't fighting with arrows, spears and swords (Hellsing song reference FTW), all we did was state our own side and he refused to accept the fact that we thought differently, which led to HOURS lost. I am partially to blame as it was my roster that brought up the problem, but I'm not sorry for what I've said or what I've done, as I've done nothing but show my support for a character. You say we should be brought together, yet you're defending the one who's literally known for driving a wedge between our connections through speculation.

Goooood Afternoon everyone, hope you are all doing well today. If I may ask, what's going on, because as usual we have multiple topics going on apparently and I can't tell which is which.
Supporting Krystal is a cruel mistress. :p

Reznor

work in progress
Dude, you're trying to reason with Smashboards. You haven't even tackled IGN or GameFaq's and you're trying to redeem this place. I appreciate the effort. But, no. :sick:
wait do you mean IGN and GameFaqs are good or bad i'm a bit lost
I think there was an argument about Krystal and something else

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
-Because he would be the first spear user in Smash Bros. (adds something new to the game)
-Moveset potential.
-He is now one of the main characters and a staple in the Kirby series.
-Pretty requested, specially in Japan.
-Kirby is one of the best and most popular Nintendo franchises.
I forgot to say
- His model is similar to Kirby's model, so he would not be that hard to develop.
Bandana Dee, Krystal, Little Mac, Chrom... what good ways to ruin a roster. ;)
Good way to make an enemy ;)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Little Mac might be one of the most boring characters.

A popular argument for his inclusion is that he would be a contrast to the exciting fighters. Wow.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
But Seriously, if you don't want people to dislike you, stop with these comments where you insults smashboards as a community.

andimidna

Smash Master
View attachment 7435
So I made a few adjustments to my roster. Nothing too big, but whatever. Keep in mind that this is a DREAM roster, and I don't expect a lot of these characters.
Anyway:

Replaced Tetra with Tingle.
Made Chrom a Chrom and Lucina duo.
Replaced Glover with Cubivore.
Prettier icons

Feel free to critique it though.
Why did you replace Tetra with Tingle?!

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Noah, here's a question. Why do you hang out here if you think so poorly of this site

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I proved that every character that's ever shared major similarities with another and was physically capable of performing their moves is how they become clones. Users got upset. Then this happened:

Reznor

work in progress

A popular argument for his inclusion is that he would be a contrast to the exciting fighters. Wow.
I usually keep my mouth shut about Little Mac but ya I kinda agree with you
all he does is punch right?

Louie G.

Smash Hero

He doesn't RUIN a roster though. He's a good choice because he is an iconic Nintendo character from an unrepresented franchise that recently got a reboot.
Little Mac deserves a spot this time around more than almost anyone else.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
has anyone read through my post regarding kamek yet?
Kamek's a pretty cool dude.
I think it's arguable whether Kamek as a character has earned his inclusion, but I think his potential to be a unique character makes up for that. For me at least.

And what HylianHero said. It seems like Kamek is more garnering support from the fact that he's part of the Yoshi series than because he's Kamek, if you know what I mean.
Even with characters like Ridley, K. Rool/Dixie, or Goroh, for me, I don't support them because the franchises they hale from don't have that many characters. That's not enough for me. I think that the characters themselves, not just the series, have earned the spot.
Heck, that's almost the sole reason I support Ridley so much, and it's the reason I don't wish for Hades over Palutena.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I forgot to say
- His model is similar to Kirby's model, so he would not be that hard to develop.
OR,if King Dedede still uses Waddle Dees,they can just slap a bandana and a spear and BAM. Instant Newcomer. It's like you're adding a halloween costume to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom