• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Link has his Gale Boomerang in the same vein that Toon Link has his Wind Waker. I agree that they are meant to be universal interpretations of each character, but he is predominantly based on the Twilight Princess variant.
Of course the SSB4 Link's design is mostly based on TP Link, but there's a big difference between a variation of a standard Item (Gale Boomerang) compared to a very specific transformation (Wolf Link & Midna).

Morbi

Scavenger
View attachment 7413
Well, I was finally motivated enough to get Roster Maker version 7, so I made a new roster with it. And yes, my roster has Krystal, let
I am just wondering, as you are clearly a Tetra supporter, why do you think she will make it above other likely Legend of Zelda candidates such as Tingle... or Toon Zelda, the character that attenuates the very notion of her inclusion.

I am honestly starting to speculate for Krystal, there is a lot of circumstantial stuff in her favor. If anything, Sakurai is at least aware of the demand. Everyone tends to avoid her because the series is no longer relevant to Nintendo and we already have a clone with seniority versus an original character that was added last minute. So naturally, if people expect a cut, they are certainly not going to clamor for an additional character with negative stigma.

I don't necessarily support Shulk over Isaac for various reasons (mostly pertaining to Smash relevance and the relationship of the character to the series). It is mostly preference based though, I can see his appeal.

I don't see Dixie and Diddy working for a lot of reasons. But whatevs.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
I want ganondrf and bowser to be awesome not suckish. I semi-mained dorf in brawl. Dorfypoo being buffed and made better would be a dream come true

tumblr_lsv0yykIVF1qkflw0.gif

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
I am just wondering, as you are clearly a Tetra supporter, why do you think she will make it above other likely Legend of Zelda candidates such as Tingle... or Toon Zelda, the character that attenuates the very notion of her inclusion.
Well, Tetra IS Toon Zelda, the more prominent/unique Toon Zelda in the Toon series. Not to mention that since Tetra is Toon Zelda, Tetra's inclusion supports more of the triforce trio, and since Ganondorf is the same in both timelines, it's practically the triforce trio of both timelines together. I just feel it's the best way to complete the Zelda roster overall, as no matter what, the Triforce Trio are always the most important characters.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't really understand what you mean by this Saturn.
These are the characters I can play well at a competitive level:

None.
I would say I'm pretty great with Luigi, Peach, Wario, and Mario (MELEE Mario).
I could play Diddy, Cap, and Meta Knight okay too.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
What is one thing that makes Krystal likely besides the 2 I stated?
When I quoted you there was nothing in your response.
Krystal's possible uniqueness and the fact that she is a female may help a little bit, but I think Star Fox is fine the way it is.
And Krystal isn't even that popular anymore.

Morbi

Scavenger
As I stated prior to this post, a lot of this is circumstantial evidence. None of it directly correlates to her chances in Smash; however, in a different thread, I read that Kid Icarus: Uprising was apparently intended to be a Star Fox game. That would indicate an interest in Sakurai's team to develop a Star Fox game thus refuting and negating the relevancy problems that the series currently suffers from. There is also that rumor (I don't necessarily think it is a rumor, I am fairly certain it was a quote, but nevertheless, I haven't seen it in any other context than hearsay) that Miyamoto is most interested in having a Star Fox title on the Wii U. Again, this makes the relevancy issues negligible as Sakurai would be one of the first to be made aware of the games development, if it ever happens.

I recall reading an article where Sakurai admits that he didn't realize that Krystal was a popular request. So you never know what that might entail (likely an assist trophy). I do not necessarily support her, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her, if that makes any sense. I feel as if her chances are severely under-rated, at the very least, she might be considered.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
As I stated prior to this post, a lot of this is circumstantial evidence. None of it directly correlates to her chances in Smash; however, in a different thread, I read that Kid Icarus: Uprising was apparently intended to be a Star Fox game. That would indicate an interest in Sakurai's team to develop a Star Fox game thus refuting and negating the relevancy problems that the series currently suffers from. There is also that rumor (I don't necessarily think it is a rumor, I am fairly certain it was a quote, but nevertheless, I haven't seen it in any other context than hearsay) that Miyamoto is most interested in having a Star Fox title on the Wii U. Again, this makes the relevancy issues negligible as Sakurai would be one of the first to be made aware of the games development, if it ever happens.

I recall reading an article where Sakurai admits that he didn't realize that Krystal was a popular request. So you never know what that might entail (likely an assist trophy). I do not necessarily support her, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her, if that makes any sense. I feel as if her chances are severely under-rated, at the very least, she might be considered.
I don't see what being interested in Star Fox has to do with adding a fourth and barely important clone. Sakurai is interested in Mario clearly. Should we add 2 more Mario characters?

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, Tetra IS Toon Zelda, the more prominent/unique Toon Zelda in the Toon series. Not to mention that since Tetra is Toon Zelda, Tetra's inclusion supports more of the triforce trio, and since Ganondorf is the same in both timelines, it's practically the triforce trio of both timelines together. I just feel it's the best way to complete the Zelda roster overall, as no matter what, the Triforce Trio are always the most important characters.
I just wish we could get something new. I'm kind of sick of getting new incarnations of the triforce trio. I noticed Sakurai has never really strayed from the 3, but that's what I have against the character, not for it. If she happened, I'd be cool with it, I like female additions. But I'm not going to support it. It's not that unigue now that we already have a toon version of a character, that ended up a clone. If she wasn't a clone, I think that'd be weird, because Toon Link is, but I hope she'd be unique.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
View attachment 7413
Well, I was finally motivated enough to get Roster Maker version 7, so I made a new roster with it. And yes, my roster has Krystal, let
I don't care about Krystal in this context because the other characters I want are in there.

I do disagree with the Diddy/Dixie combo though. I think that overall takes away from Diddy.

Otherwise purty gewd.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't see what being interested in Star Fox has to do with adding a fourth and barely important clone.
Personally I prefer the air I don't understand why some people think that Krystal would be a clone.
Just because Falco and Wolf were (somewhat), Wolf was a step in the right direction, and makes me confident that the next Star Fox rep we get will not be close to a clone.
Falco and Wolf being similar to Fox =/= Krystal being a clone.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Do you have any idea what the article was called? I don't remember him saying anything about other potential characters (or at least Krystal) after Brawl aside from Villager and Ridley, so it'd be nice to know where others could stand.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't see what being interested in Star Fox has to do with adding a fourth and barely important clone.
Again, that is operating under the presumption that she would be a clone, I am already completely and utterly aware about your perspective on this issue. In that event, of course she will be blatantly disregarded. That is entirely obvious. However, that interest is what might incite him to add a character pertinent to the series. At the very least, his interest will keep Falco and Wolf safe from omission, which is much more important.

andimidna

Smash Master
Probably because all 3 characters will be consistent with each other and their iconic designs. Other then their designs I don't even think we will get TP themed trophies or anything else.
That's a bit ridiculous. Why wouldn't they bring back the ones from Brawl to the Wii U version? Since we have TP designs, they should probably bring Bridge of Eldin back for their home stage. These designs aren't more iconic than the OoT ones. The fact we got some TP stuff opens the door to more.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
That's a bit ridiculous. Why wouldn't they bring back the ones from Brawl to the Wii U version? Since we have TP designs, they should probably bring Bridge of Eldin back for their home stage. These designs aren't more iconic than the OoT ones. The fact we got some TP stuff opens the door to more.
I kinda believe we got TP designs because they were the best-looking styles for HD.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Personally I don't understand why some people think that Krystal would be a clone.
Just because Falco and Wolf were (somewhat), Wolf was a step in the right direction, and makes me confident that the next Star Fox rep we get will not be close to a clone.
Falco and Wolf being similar to Fox =/= Krystal being a clone.
No, Krystal being similar to fox does.

I already made this point to Opossum as to why Krystal would be a clone:

Evidence that all characters who have share major similarities and originally are capable of performing the actions of said similar character become clones/semi-clones:

:lucas:Lucas - Shares very similar traits with Ness and originally shares abilities with him. He physically capable of performing his moves. Shares moves with Ness.

:jigglypuff:Jigglypuff - Shares somewhat similar traits with Kirby and is physically capable of performing some of her Smash attacks and puff jumps. She did.

:falco: Falco - Shares very similar traits with Fox and originally shares abilities with him. He is physically capable of performing his moves. So he did.

Evidence that characters with major similarities that are NOT originally capable of performing enough of the abilities of other characters do NOT become semi-clones.:

:rosalina:Rosalina - Shares very similar traits with Peach. Is originally incapable of summoning a parasol or owning a parasol. She is originally incapable of using or pulling vegetables. Not enough original abilities to share a move set with Peach. Thus she did not.

:ike: Ike - Shares very similar traits with Marth and has a sword. He does not own the same sword which is originally too heavy and originally incapable of performing enough of Marth's abilities. Because of this he shared only 1 or 2 moves with him.

So then to assume this:

Would NOT be a clone is rather bold.

This doesn't confirm her as a clone, but it certainly shows there it's pretty much a 1/99% chance she DOESN'T become one. And if she's gonna be a clone there is no reason to add her. As if it wasn't already pointless to have a fourth SF character that is barely even important in the first place.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Skyloft is looking to be the home Zelda Stage. Just because they use a similar design doesn't mean they are going to consistently focus mainly on TP. They're going to keep looking forward most likely.

The real question is why Sakurai would decide on Wolf Link NOW, instead of when it would have made sense to do so, around when the game in which Wolf Link actually appeared and was relevant to the series? Wolf Link is not relevant to Zelda at the moment with Skyward Sword. They may have a similar design to TP, but it's not where Zelda is anymore.

Sheik makes sense because at the time of her inception, she was important and a part of Zelda (from one of, if not the, most iconic game to the series) and adds to gameplay value. Wolf Link doesn't make much sense in that same vein.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Evidence that all characters who have share major similarities and originally are capable of performing the actions of said similar character become clones/semi-clones:

:lucas:Lucas - Shares very similar traits with Ness and originally shares abilities with him. He physically capable of performing his moves. Shares moves with Ness.

:jigglypuff:Jigglypuff - Shares somewhat similar traits with Kirby and is physically capable of performing some of her Smash attacks and puff jumps. She did.

:falco: Falco - Shares very similar traits with Fox and originally shares abilities with him. He is physically capable of performing his moves. So he did.

Evidence that characters with major similarities that are NOT originally capable of performing enough of the abilities of other characters do NOT become semi-clones.:

:rosalina:Rosalina - Shares very similar traits with Peach. Is originally incapable of summoning a parasol or owning a parasol. She is originally incapable of using or pulling vegetables. Not enough original abilities to share a move set with Peach. Thus she did not.

:ike: Ike - Shares very similar traits with Marth and has a sword. He does not own the same sword which is originally too heavy and originally incapable of performing enough of Marth's abilities. Because of this he shared only 1 or 2 moves with him.

This doesn't confirm her as a clone, but it certainly shows there it's pretty much a 1/99% chance she DOESN'T become one. And if she's gonna be a clone there is no reason to add her. As if it wasn't already pointless to have a fourth SF character that is barely even important in the first place.
What about Lucario? He has a similar build to Mewtwo and can perform his abilities, but he only ended up sharing 1 or 2 moves.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
If making blantant statements off of nothing wasn't bad enough, we're following trends from a man who's well known for changing his mind and being very unpredictable...this is sad and funny at the same time, but I don't know whether to laugh or cry...or laugh until I cry...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Is there really a mentality that a character like Krystal would ever be a clone? That's hilarious. :p
Yep.

Neutral B: Shoots a ball of fire or ice out of her staff. Similar to the Blaster.
Side B: ???
Up B: Uses her staff as a rocket and goes up. Similar to Fire Fox/Bird/Wolf.
Down B: Uses her staff to create a barrier that protects and might counter attacks. Similar to the Reflector.

She can easily be unique, but I'm just listing stuff people bring up that could make her be (semi?)cloneish. Sakurai could easily do that as well.

----

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Yeah, but your reasoning's a bit off.
You see, Rosalina and Ike could have become clones. Rosalina could have easily replicated Peach's other 3 specials, just changing one move. Ike could have been a straight up Marth clone really.
The reason that they weren't is because Sakurai decided against it.
There aren't too many similarities between Fox and Krystal aside from being Foxes and being Star Fox characters.
Krystal holds a magic staff. Fox does not (IN SMASH BROS, before you go all smart *** on me and say that he used it in Adventures).
Yes, the first three make sense as similar characters to Ness, Kirby, and Fox. But Rosalina and Ike could have been clones without question.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Did I say I was speculating it? No. Did I say I was suggesting it? Yes. Wolf Link and Midna> anything> Triforce Slash.
Triforce Slash is dumb.
Wolves are awesome.
:ness:
Yep. That's your opinion.

Doesn't make it true, or likely. I like Triforce Slash. Doesn't mean it's guaranteed to come back.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Sure we could get a past stage back with bridge of eldin, but it would redundant to reuse the same trophies (which were straight model rips) all over again when the series has had enough games between them to use others, mainly skyward sword, OOT3D, and spirit tracks for the 3DS respectively.

Just because they are using familiar designs doesnt mean they are bound to represent that particular game in some way. If ike came back wtih his path of radiance design, does that mean we should see assets and stuff from that game when its already had its fair share in the previous game?

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why having a similar body type or concept in design immediately means that a character will be a clone. It's already been dis-proven enough times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom