• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Sakurai adds at least one new type of animal in each game. 64: a gorilla, a dinosaur, a fox, and a mouse. Melee: a bird. Brawl: a monkey, a wolf, and a hedgehog. We need a new animal rep for this installment. :troll:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Sakurai adds at least one new type of animal in each game. 64: a gorilla, a dinosaur, a fox, and a mouse. Melee: a bird. Brawl: a monkey, a wolf, and a hedgehog. We need a new animal rep for this installment. :troll:
I suggest frogs, there are many options for them and I'm disappointed that there's such a lack of representation for frogs!

Btw, @ Gune Gune I love that icon!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
You forgot turtles ( Bowser and Squirtle) ,penguin (Dedede) and Dragon/ Lizard with wings? (Charizard)
I also don't know what Lucario is , a dog? he is based on Anubis.
EDIT: Oh, and Ivysaur (frog? XD)

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
You forgot turtles ( Bowser and Squirtle) ,penguin (Dedede) and Dragon/ Lizard with wings? (Charizard)
Right, so we've got all of those animals covered, now we just need a crocodile, a mole, and an armadillo. Ivysaur is a dinosaur.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Lucario's probably based on a jackal as that was Anubis' basis as well.

Wait, Ivysaur's a frog? I always thought it was a dinosaur with a plant on its back.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Bulbapedia said:
Ivysaur appears to be based primarily on some form of reptile, specifically mammal-like reptiles known as Dicynodonts from the Permian period. Along with visible ears and no genuine metamorphosis stage (evolution aside), Ivysaur appears to have more in common with mammals than amphibians like frogs and toads, which metamorphose from one definite creature into another as they mature as opposed to just growing into a larger adult version of itself the way that Bulbasaur does. Alternatively, Ivysaur's large rounded snout, wide mouth, wide-set eyes, blotch-patterned skin, and quadraped-like movements are vaguely similar to those of certain amphibians, such as the common toad. Unlike Bulbasaur, Ivysaur's "ears" do have hollows indicating that they are in fact ears and not glands, as seen in many species of frogs and toads.

The bulb on its back now resembles the bud of a genus of parasitic flowering plants known as Rafflesia.
Thanks, ObamaBulbapedia.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Oh, and here's my revamped MK move set I promised (too lazy do damage and whatnot right now.)
N Special: Mach Tornado: Similar to before, but much more restricted in terms of mobility when compared to Brawl. (Based off of his boss battle in KSS/ KSSU)
S Special: Power Tornado: MK plunges his sword into the ground, summoning a tornado about two MK's tall in front of him. It moves very slowly forward, to about two Bowser's away from him. The tornado is quite powerful and dangerous, but at a risk. He's immobile for the duration of this attack, so if someone gets past the tornado, MK could get punished. (Based off of his boss battle in KSS/ KSSU)
U Special: Meta Dash: MK jumps slightly, then lunges forward, sword first. Better for horizontal recovery than vertical. (Based off of his boss battle in KSS/ KSSU; Not to be confused with Meta Quick from MKU. Speaking of which...)
D Special: Meta Quick: MK points his sword upwards, which glows white, granting him slightly higher speed for 5 seconds. No damage. (Based off of one of his MKU moves)
FS: Meta Crew: MK summons his 3 members of his crew to help MK fight for 15 seconds. (Based off of Galacta Knight's boss battle in KSSU)
Geez, this took forever to type.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
What would you guys feel if tails got in smash?

I wouldn't mind, well, except for shadow fanboys being even more butthurt. That is going to be annoying for at least a week.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
So what are the thoughts on Chibi-Robo?

He certainly seems like he can be unique with his ability to charge himself with his cord and toothbrush as a means to scrub the floor.

To me, he seems like a character that might interest Sakurai.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'd only like Tails if he was part of a team with Sonic, that would have been awesome, and make his moveset less bland.

For solo characters, I would prefer Knuckles (omgpls) or even Shadow, who I hate but he could have a cool moveset revolving around Chaos Control and other powers like that.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ridley can stand on his hind legs and even walk on them. But it is probably easier on his body (weight distribution) to use all four as well as a faster means of travel.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'd only like Tails if he was part of a team with Sonic, that would have been awesome, and make his moveset less bland.

For solo characters, I would prefer Knuckles (omgpls) or even Shadow, who I hate but he could have a cool moveset revolving around Chaos Control and other powers like that.
I don't like your opinion. If there's any sonic rep besides tails its eggman. Everyone else is not important enough for smash bros.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I don't like your opinion. If there's any sonic rep besides tails its eggman. Everyone else is not important enough for smash bros.
Dr. Robotnik (I will never call him Eggman) is another really good choice, I said Knuckles because he would fit in a fighting game (and because of bias ofc), and Shadow because of his popularity, Robotnik would be awesome, but I think he'd be an Assist Trophy or Adventure Mode boss at best.

Tails...is he even popular? I know he's been around longer than Knuckles and Shadow thus may deserve it more but...I think people like Big the Cat over him lol.

Or maybe it's just me, I just don't like Tails ever since they gave him a voice and personality in games. Tails that would follow me around in Sonic 2 and constantly kill himself, that's the Tails I love!

D

Deleted member

What would you guys feel if tails got in smash?

I wouldn't mind, well, except for shadow fanboys being even more butthurt. That is going to be annoying for at least a week.
Again, I am a Shadow fan. It is really insulting to be lumped in with the rabid fans (though they've kind of died down as of late).

But to answer the question, I would be neither upset nor excited over Tails. I'd rather have Eggman or Shadow, but Tails is fine too.

Beetle = Groose confirmed.
Fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
:diddy:-----:diddy::diddy:----:diddy::diddy:----:diddy::diddy::diddy:----:diddy::diddy::diddy:
:diddy:-----:diddy:------:diddy:-------:diddy:----:diddy:--------:diddy:----:diddy:--------:diddy:
:diddy:-----:diddy:----------------------:diddy:----:diddy::diddy::diddy:---:diddy::diddy::diddy:
:diddy:-----:diddy:----------------------:diddy:----:diddy:---------------------:diddy:--------:diddy:
:diddy:-----:diddy:----------------------:diddy:----:diddy:---------------------:diddy:--------:diddy:

I knew it would happen.

D

Deleted member

Clearly, as the best thing out of Skyward Sword, he needs in. If Rosalina can do it, he can do it too. :troll:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
First off, I love that Groose gif. :laugh:

Secondly, the arguments I see against Sheik are silly.

"Sheik only appeared once". If that mattered, why is she still there in Brawl? Shouldn't she have been cut already?

"Impa is a ninjaesque character. Have her replace the old Ninja character". As if there can only be one ninja character?

I just don't understand. Sheik is a part of Zelda, and therefore works for the moveset. Granted, the concept might be weak in terms of it working well, but things can be done to correct it. I especially don't see Impa getting in otherwise, because let's face it. This is the first time she's been in a truly decent role where she shows potential. Each of the others, she's either super old, or super beefy.

There is no indication that the "young and nimble" Impa will continue to show up, as evidenced by ALBW and Old Impa. Sheik works because it's a cumulative Zelda, and Sheik is a part of Zelda's character.

I don't know. The idea that "Twilight Princess Zelda didn't turn into Sheik, so Sheik should be cut" is just so...freaking stupid. Do people not realize that that is EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED IN BRAWL?!?!?

...I really dislike Impa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom