• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@ Will Will
Try to avoid throwaway content-less image posts and double posting in the future, thanks. :)

And am I the only one that thinks the anniversary could effect whether or not we get a newcomer or not?
An anniversary being the reason a character gets included? Yeah no.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Hmm, my top ten newcomers I want with disregard for their actual chances? I should put skull kid at the top of this list but as he's deconfirmed...

0) Skull Kid

1) Happy Mask Salesman
2) Mach Rider
3) Duck Hunt Dog
4) Masked Man (Mother 3)
5) Dark Samus
6) Dr. Eggman
7) Ridley
8) Missingno
9) Scyther
10) Chrom

Maybe two of these will get in if I'm lucky, and I wouldn't be too surprised if I didn't get a single one of them.
:awesome:
Okay, so if each third-party company in Smash Bros got a second character from another one of their franchises, who would you guys choose?

My choices:

SEGA - Dark Falz (Phantasy Star Online)
Capcom - Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Konami - Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
Sega: Bayonetta
Capcom: (classic) Dante
Konami: Simon Belmont
Namco: Klanoa Dig Dug

:troll:

But seriously is Hatsune Miku owned by Sega? Because she does have a 3DS game....
Miku is owned by Crypton Future Media.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Porky.
Preferably in the spider-mech.

This proves my point:

This is my personal list of Mother newcomers in order of who should be in:
1. Porky
2. Giygas
3. Ninten
4. Masked Man
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif

Why bother? I already have the .gif for this occasion.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
No, it will show how stupid Iwata is when it comes to what fans want.
He probably think that no one wants Earthbound, and won't do anything.
Just like how he thinks that the audience of the VGX gives a crap about Cranky Kong in Tropical Freeze.
Or how he thinks that the West will buy the WiiU and think it is a new console even when the commercial tag line is, "UPGRADE to the WiiU :)."
Whoa, hold it buddy.
Don't bash Nintendo just because they ignored Mother.
They brought back great franchises like Punch Out and Kid Icarus.
I'm sure that "forgotten franchises" like Mother, F-Zero, and Star Fox will return soon enough (hopefully).
Although Mother could easily have been a trilogy.

Morbi

Scavenger
No, it will show how stupid Iwata is when it comes to what fans want.
He probably think that no one wants Earthbound, and won't do anything.
Just like how he thinks that the audience of the VGX gives a crap about Cranky Kong in Tropical Freeze.
Or how he thinks that the West will buy the WiiU and think it is a new console even when the commercial tag line is, "UPGRADE to the WiiU :)."
The second notion is true. I can say that much! :troll:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
An anniversary being the reason a character gets included? Yeah no.
No, I don't mean in a direct way, I mean that maybe Nintendo has been planning to show that they actually give a crap about the Mother series, and one of the ways they will show that is by putting a certain greedy and obnoxious child in Smash Bros., and I don't mean me.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
No change as far as Mother characters, but I hope we get Saturn Valley as a stage, because getting Moonside is probably just a pipe dream. :(.
This actually gave me an idea, if Fourside returns, maybe upon selection there's a chance of it being Moonside instead, or the Mani Mani Statue could come in and turn the stage into Moonside mid-match.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
So MOTHER huh?

I don't think that we will see anybody besides Ness and Lucas. Maybe we might get another Assist Trophy and stage.

I would not mind seeing either Proky or Claus/ Masked Man. Both would be unique.

Morbi

Scavenger
No, I don't mean in a direct way, I mean that maybe Nintendo has been planning to show that they actually give a crap about the Mother series, and one of the ways they will show that is by putting a certain greedy and obnoxious child in Smash Bros., and I don't mean me.
Black Shadow?

No seriously, if Mother gets a third representative before F-Zero gets a second... I will have an aneurysm (nothing new there).

Gune

Smash Lord
Whoa, hold it buddy.
I'm sure that "forgotten franchises" like Mother, F-Zero, and Star Fox will return soon enough (hopefully).
I dont think they completely forgot about the mother series they atleast put earthbound on virtual console.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Sakurai would have finalized the roster years before the anniversary, so I doubt it has any affect. Porky is pretty much a pipedream inclusion anyway you put it.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
So MOTHER huh?

I don't think that we will see anybody besides Ness and Lucas. Maybe we might get another Assist Trophy and stage.

I would not mind seeing either Proky or Claus/ Masked Man. Both would be unique.
omg ur avitar invader zim <3333

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Whoa, hold it buddy.
I'm not bashing Nintendo, I'm bashing Iwata.
In Iwata's mind, a game that gets decent sales = a game that everyone everywhere loves.
Country Returns got pretty good sales, so Iwata thinks that everyone on the West cares about DK Country, so he sends Reggie to announce Cranky AT THE FRGGIN VGX!!!!

REGGIE WAS STANDING THERE ALL READY TO ANNOUNCE METROID, BUT NOOOOOOO!!!!! METROID, JUST LIKE MOTHER STARFOX AND F-ZERO, DIDNT HAVE A GAME IN A FEW YEARS WHICH MEANS NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS, WHICH MEANS NO ONE WILL BUY IT!!!!!!

Sorry, Iwata just really pisses me off.
He makes some of the worst business moves.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I doubt they would choose Mother of all series to start overriding Sakurai's decisions on, especially since that hypothetical in and of itself is pretty unlikely. Even if they do have plans for the Mother series, I don't see how it'd be so special the inclusion of Ness and Lucas wouldn't already be enough for them and would merit forcing Sakurai to include a supporting character.

Especially since even with a remake Mother is already still more than adequately represented for a series with three games. If Mother gets another character, like all of Nintendo's other first party series, chances are it'll come down solely to Sakurai, who doesn't base his inclusions on promotion.

This actually gave me an idea, if Fourside returns, maybe upon selection there's a chance of it being Moonside instead, or the Mani Mani Statue could come in and turn the stage into Moonside mid-match.
As long as I can play on Moonside... I don't much care how it happens. :awesome:
So shiny...

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
In Iwata's mind, a game that gets decent sales = a game that everyone everywhere loves.
Country Returns got pretty good sales, so Iwata thinks that everyone on the West cares about DK Country, so he sends Reggie to announce Cranky AT THE FRGGIN VGX!!!!

REGGIE WAS STANDING THERE ALL READY TO ANNOUNCE METROID, BUT NOOOOOOO!!!!! METROID, JUST LIKE MOTHER STARFOX AND F-ZERO, DIDNT HAVE A GAME IN A FEW YEARS WHICH MEANS NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT IS, WHICH MEANS NO ONE WILL BUY IT!!!!!!

lolwut.

If Nintendo was ready to announce a new Metroid, they would have. You can't announce a game that's probably not even in development anyways. Why do people think that Metroid pin meant anything? It was a nod to Retro's earlier work.

Also, who told you Iwata sent Reggie? Shokio? What was his source?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I doubt they would choose Mother of all series to start overriding Sakurai's decisions on, especially since that hypothetical in and of itself is pretty unlikely. Even if they do have plans for the Mother series, I don't see how it'd be so special the inclusion of Ness and Lucas wouldn't already be enough for them and would merit forcing Sakurai to include a supporting character.

Especially since even with a remake Mother is already still more than adequately represented for a series with three games. If Mother gets another character, like all of Nintendo's other first party series, chances are it'll come down solely to Sakurai, who doesn't base his inclusions on promotion.
:roymelee::lucario::lucas:

Chances are I am going to manage to start a flame war just by posting these three smilies, but I don't care.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
:roymelee::lucario::lucas:

Chances are I am going to manage to start a flame war just by posting these three smilies, but I don't care.
Brawl came out two years after Mother 3's release. Lucas wasn't in it for promotion, even if M3 was the most recent game in the series.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
We all act like we know sakurais thought process lol

Lucario and roy werent promotion I couldve sworn. Wasnt it some bs on roy having fire and lucario was and is extremely popular and iconic. As my boy stan would say, nuff said

andimidna

Smash Master

I think it would be cool to see Impa in Zelda's Final Smash somehow. Or Twinrova in Ganondorf's. But I like the representation of Ganon (beast form)

But I'd rather this be Zelda's new Final Smash:

And this as an alternate costume

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
lolwut.

If Nintendo was ready to announce a new Metroid, they would have. You can't announce a game that's probably not even in development anyways. Why do people think that Metroid pin meant anything? It was a nod to Retro's earlier work.

Also, who told you Iwata sent Reggie? Shokio? What was his source?
image.jpg

So you are saying that the pin the Reggie acknowledged, and being a reside red of the US probably new someone would point out, put that on for no reason.

Who says that the game isn't in development?

And, oh my god, of course Iwata sent Reggie! Who the hell else would tell Reggie to go announce a key point in one of there new games?!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Brawl came out two years after Mother 3's release. Lucas wasn't in it for promotion, even if M3 was the most recent game in the series.
Yeah but the roster was finalized years before it came out herpaderp.

And the only logical reason Sakurai would add a new protagonist before a past character or MAIN ANTAGONIST OF THE SERIES would be for muh recency purposes.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618

I think it would be cool to see Impa in Zelda's Final Smash somehow. Or Twinrova in Ganondorf's. But I like the representation of Ganon (beast form)

But I'd rather this be Zelda's new Final Smash:

And this as an alternate costume
Skyward sword look is a cool design for zelda. Very different. Not just a cloak. I'd rather that as an alternate

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Included because Sakurai felt his fire attacks diversified him more than Lief would've as a Marth clone; felt he represented FE as a whole well.

N3ON said:
like all of Nintendo's other first party series
I'm talking about series Sakurai makes the sole and final decisions on.

Why, because his game was recent? Sakurai wanted him since Melee, if Mother 3 had come out in any year between Melee and Brawl he'd still probably wind up included.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
View attachment 7333

So you are saying that the pin the Reggie acknowledged, and being a reside red of the US probably new someone would point out, put that on for no reason.

Who says that the game isn't in development?

And, oh my god, of course Iwata sent Reggie! Who the hell else would tell Reggie to go announce a key point in one of there new games?!
The pin was an acknowledgement of Retro's earlier franchise. How does a PIN signal a game is being made now?
The game clearly isn't in the stage to be revealed to the public, even if it is in development. You can't expect Nintendo to show a game when there is nothing to show.
Reggie went there himself, I mean, he's only the President of NoA, can he not make decisions for the company himself now?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

My personal least favorite Nintendo guy is Aonuma. He seems weird and pretentious in a lot of his interviews.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Yeah but the roster was finalized years before it came out herpaderp.

And the only logical reason Sakurai would add a new protagonist before a past character or MAIN ANTAGONIST OF THE SERIES would be for muh recency purposes.
or because the new character offers something that Sakurai sees in him. :)
Thanks for the herpaderp, glad to see we can have a friendly debate. :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom