• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyKamikazi

Smash Cadet
@ Protom Protom No, but that is a good idea. I meant characters being more in-sync with each others in doubles. i.e. characters riding each other, combination attacks (Just spitballing here.)

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
How about this. If you had to cut 5 characters, who wold they be. List them in order of cut priority. heres mine:
1. Snake
2. Wolf
3. Ike
4. Lucas
5. R.O.B.
I don't want any of these cut, but I do see the first 2/3 somewhat likely.

Morbi

Scavenger
How about this. If you had to cut 5 characters, who wold they be. List them in order of cut priority. heres mine:
1. Snake
2. Wolf
3. Ike
4. Lucas
5. R.O.B.
1. Pokemon Trainer
2. Lucas
3. Snake

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
1. Snake
2. Wolf
3. Ike
4. Lucas
5. R.O.B.
1. Snake
2. Pokemon Trainer
3. Lucas
4. Ike
5. Ganondorf (for Classic Ganon)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Nah, it's going to cause a big debate when people list their "stupid" reasons. :troll:
Tru dat.
Pokemon Trainer. For every 3 characters that people assert need to be cut, I will just go... :pt::squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:
Agreed. They would probably keep Charizard, though.

Bowser is simply too big to be in Smash Bros any more I say they cut him
Mario is too mainstream, I say we replace him with Waluigi. That's what the kids are into these days.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
1. Snake
2. Wolf
3. Ike
4. Lucas
5. R.O.B.
1.Mario
2.Link
3.Kirby
4.Yoshi
5.Donkey Kong
The rather unknown characters are the better ones, in my honest opinion. If I had to pick 5 cuts these would be it no trolling.

Morbi

Scavenger
i would like to ask this again, why are wolf and ike likely to get cut?
You know... because everyone says that they are. :awesome:

It might be because Wolf is a carbon-copy of Fox. :awesome:

I seriously have no idea about Ike though. That arbitrary preconceived notion that Ike replaced Roy probably comes into play.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
Well, another question, because I'm curious.
Who is your least favorite character in the series? and why?
Pokemon Trainer. And this is coming from a die-hard Pokemon fan with a soft spot for the Kanto starters. He's three garbage movesets rolled into one, held back by clunky "gimmicks". I can't stand playing him, which is especially lousy for me since I legitimately want a Pokemon character whose playstyle I enjoy and none of them so far really do much for me. ... And something about the "realistic" aesthetic portrayal of his Pokemon rubs me the wrong way. If he comes back with polished gameplay though I'll probably like him a lot more - maybe even use him.

KirbyKamikazi

Smash Cadet
1. Snake
2. Wolf
3. Ike
4. Lucas
5. R.O.B.
1.) PKMN Trainer: Bad idea, poorly executed
2.) Lucario: Seems like a lower priority character for the Pokemon series
3.) Wolf: Semi-clone for a series with to much representatives considering it's current popularity.
4.) R.O.B: A disliked character and awkward character.
5.) Lucas: Same reasons Roy was cut. Not enough popularity in North America.

I would prefer for only PKMN trainer, Wolf, and R.O.B to be cut, but those characters seem like the most obvious to me.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
1. Snake
2. Wolf
3. Ike
4. Lucas
5. R.O.B.
1.None
2.None
3.None
4.None
5.None

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Off topic, but why isn't there a Ridley smile, yet, in a place like Smashboards, I feel it should be the next one added :awesome:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I actually do support Mario X Rosalina. Peach always felt to girly for Mario IMO. But Rose and Mario just feel perfect together. I don't care if it's not canon. It's better either way for me.
Also Rosalina is hot...sooooo. I don't see where Mario decides to go out with a ****ing rag doll that always gets kidnapped and is just ****ing annoying. Not to mention the sex is non existent. If I want a cake I'll bake my own!

Fortanono

Smash Ace
We really need something to discuss...
Okay... How about my piece-of-**** dream rosters?

NOTE: This is what I think will happen. We can disagree. But flame me if you want since I'm terrible at rosters.

New Prediction Roster.png

• Midna is because she is extremely unique, and Link and Zelda use their TP designs. It seems like something Sakurai would do to use the TP designs to get a unique newcomer.
  • Little Mac, Pac-Man and Mii are as good as confirmed. That leak made it pretty obvious that they all are getting in. Besides, every character has a little evidence. Little Mac has the boxing ring, Pac-Man has Namco-Bandai, and the Mii has that Find Mii stage. Naysayers say that the guy posted it as a "prediction", but really, they're just in denial because they don't want Mii or Pac-Man in the game.
  • Sylveon is there because the game will probably have a Gen 6 rep, and with the absence of a Lucario-type figure, Sylveon has a pretty good shot as a Gen 6 rep.
  • I acknowledge that I am being biased with Victini, but with Gamefreak apparently stopping Sakurai from revealing Pokémon characters, they may be controlling who gets in. Paired with the fact that he's Masuda's favorite, a trait shared with Pichu during Melee's release, he has a pretty solid shot.
  • Muddy Mole was added because he would be extremely unique, and I know Sakurai wants uniqueness.
  • Diskun is obviously the "historical" character, and he's the only real competitor besides Daitoryo (who I feel is a Smashboards-created concept Sakurai never thought of) and Sheriff (who uses guns which Sakurai wouldn't do). So yeah, Diskun is probably getting in.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So Luigi is essential to Mario so it's okay to have that clone. But, not Toon Link? Smash fans make a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Also Rosalina is hot...sooooo. I don't see where Mario decides to go out with a ****ing rag doll that always gets kidnapped and is just ****ing annoying. Not to mention the sex is non existent. If I want a cake I'll bake my own!
Make sure you cook it by the book. Oh wait, you wouldn't get that. :facepalm:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
1.Mario
2.Link
3.Kirby
4.Yoshi
5.Donkey Kong
The rather unknown characters are the better ones, in my honest opinion. If I had to pick 5 cuts these would be it no trolling.
.....What the hell man? why would you cut iconic characters like these?

You do realize without these iconic characters in the original 64, smash wouldn't be as renown as it is today.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

NOTE: This is what I think will happen. We can disagree. But flame me if you want since I'm terrible at rosters.

View attachment 6375

• Midna is because she is extremely unique, and Link and Zelda use their TP designs. It seems like something Sakurai would do to use the TP designs to get a unique newcomer.
  • Little Mac, Pac-Man and Mii are as good as confirmed. That leak made it pretty obvious that they all are getting in. Besides, every character has a little evidence. Little Mac has the boxing ring, Pac-Man has Namco-Bandai, and the Mii has that Find Mii stage. Naysayers say that the guy posted it as a "prediction", but really, they're just in denial because they don't want Mii or Pac-Man in the game.
  • Sylveon is there because the game will probably have a Gen 6 rep, and with the absence of a Lucario-type figure, Sylveon has a pretty good shot as a Gen 6 rep.
  • I acknowledge that I am being biased with Victini, but with Gamefreak apparently stopping Sakurai from revealing Pokémon characters, they may be controlling who gets in. Paired with the fact that he's Masuda's favorite, a trait shared with Pichu during Melee's release, he has a pretty solid shot.
  • Muddy Mole was added because he would be extremely unique, and I know Sakurai wants uniqueness.
  • Diskun is obviously the "historical" character, and he's the only real competitor besides Daitoryo (who I feel is a Smashboards-created concept Sakurai never thought of) and Sheriff (who uses guns which Sakurai wouldn't do). So yeah, Diskun is probably getting in.
I never heard of dream roster with cuts. :rolleyes:

Anyways, that's the only flaw besides Chrom 8/10.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

View attachment 6375

Put back Jigglypuff to replace Slyveon.
Personally, if it goes by uniqueness, Zoroark will be chosen instead of Victini.
I'd remove Midna+ Wolf Link for Tingle, Ganon, or Vaati or another retro like Sable.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I never heard of dream roster with cuts. :rolleyes:

Anyways, that's the only flaw besides Chrom 8/10.
I meant prediction. Yes, I mean it.

Put back Jigglypuff to replace Slyveon.
Personally, if it goes by uniqueness, Zoroark will be chosen instead of Victini.
I'd remove Midna+ Wolf Link for Tingle, Ganon, or Vaati or another retro like Sable.
Jigglypuff is there too.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

View attachment 6375

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, TOO MANY CUTS
Axle/10 would not main. :troll:
(Actually, it's okay, not that bad. But still, that glaring cut. 8/10)
Also, Daitoryo is the most popular deck of Hanafuda.

Reznor

work in progress

View attachment 6375

3 Links is probably too much but I like Victini so 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom