• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
What's the possibility of Rosalina being a starter character?
Fairly high, honestly. Sakurai revealed a huge streak of newcomer reveals on the Dojo, back in Brawl and, shocker of all shockers, they were all starters, safe for Sonic (but that was due to the weird 3rd party exception rule). Of course this game could follow its own pattern, but it would be pretty inconsistent.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Okay, change the topic.

We saw new pictures of Zelda on the UK Facebook site. Do you think we'll see more pics of King Dedede in the future in a similar way?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hopefully we get something like that from everybody.
The more pictures the better, although did Zelda's new pictures really reveal anything we didn't already know?
Besides a possible Sheik pose that is.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What's the possibility of Rosalina being a starter character?
I think Rosalina needs to be an unlockable, seeing as she's never been a starting character in any of the Mario titles that she's playable in. Besides, I'd find it much more rewarding if I had to unlock her first.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wow guys. Someone tell me when the derp stops. And I'll come back. The only thing that was legit was Gandalf, clearly. :smirk:

Morbi

Scavenger
Okay, change the topic.

We saw new pictures of Zelda on the UK Facebook site. Do you think we'll see more pics of King Dedede in the future in a similar way?
Probably, but at the same time, I don't really think anyone cares. It hasn't even been the weekend yet and people are talking about the next reveal. Haha. It is so funny how everyone was pretending to be excited for Dedede.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The more pictures the better, although did Zelda's new pictures really reveal anything we didn't already know?
Dins fire, I think

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Probably, but at the same time, I don't really think anyone cares. It hasn't even been the weekend yet and people are talking about the next reveal. Haha. It is so funny how everyone was pretending to be excited for Dedede.
I want to see more pictures, though. I mean, Dedede isn't at all one of my favorite reveals (Peach, Rosalina, Zelda, and Toon Link were), but I'd like to see more of him (and Zelda...)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So far everything revealed doesn't point to any changes to her moveset. Seems like a simple reprisal of her previous incarnation.

andimidna

Smash Master
I want to see more pictures, though. I mean, Dedede isn't at all one of my favorite reveals (Peach, Rosalina, Zelda, and Toon Link were), but I'd like to see more of him (and Zelda...)
Pic of the Day in 4 hours: "Pic of the Day. The are quite a lot of female fighters now!" (picture of Peach, Rosalina, Zelda, and Marth) That'd make my day.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd rather see Bowser Drop Kick Pikachu into Dedede's Jet Hammer. That guy had it coming for a while.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, I got down the basic moves of Palutena's moveset, all that's left to do is the special set:

Size: 9/10 (Palutena contends with Rosalina with being the tallest female character in the game, and like Rosalina, she’s below the amount of weight to be expected of a character her size.

Strength: 6.5/10 (Palutena’s strength is above average, but like her play-style, her greatest strength comes from area control, which means that Palutena has a lot of moves that have very good range for trapping and containing opponents.)

Speed: 7.5/10 (Palutena’s speed varies in different areas, as her attacks are slower than that of Pit, but she can run/move faster than that of Pit overall. As for her combo potential, Palutena is above average in combo potential, being able to string combos together from almost all angles with her unique trapping play-style.)

Recovery: 8/10 (Palutena has the highest normal jumping ability of any character in the game, but unlike Pit, she cannot fly. Her special recovery covers a decent range, but only goes straight up, which can be tricky on the recovery. Overall, Palutena’s recovery abilities are nothing to scoff at)

Uniqueness: 8/10 (Palutena’s play-style uses light magic to control the space around her and keep opponents back, which makes Palutena sound like a keep-away character. However, the main ability of her magic is trapping and tricking opponents at the most inopportune times to catch them off guard and deal combos.)

Gameplay Ability: Light Magic (Palutena, being the Goddess of Light, is able to summon light magic and place it on the field with the use of certain moves. These set-up balls of light cannot hurt opponents on contact and opponents will go through them. By using the standard special, Palutena will be able to launch said light balls either one at a time or all at once to trip-up opponents to leave them open for more attacks. However, to make it fair, the overall priority of these balls of light are rather low, so other projectiles will either negate them or go through them. All attacks that can summon light magic are marked with “$”)

Standard A Combo: Heavenly Heels (x3, 12% total, performs a three kick combo, the final hit being a downward kick)
Forward + A: Staff Strike (Palutena extends her staff forward to jab the opponent, can summon light magic. 11%) $

Up + A: Magic Flash (Raises hand above her head and creates a flash of light to damage opponent, can summon light magic. 12%) $
Down + A: Double Kick (Spins around on the ground with both legs to deal damage. 11%)

Dash Attack: Shield Smash (Dashes through her opponent with her shield in front of her, dealing damage. 9%)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Fire Spin (Putting on the Fire Wolf claws, spins around to burn opponents around her, 14%)

Forward + A: Staff Smash (Swings her staff horizontally, leaving a trail of light behind it. Can summon light magic, 11%) $

Up + A: Light Pillar (Holds her staff above her head, causing it to flash with light magic. Can summon light magic, 11%) $
Backward + A: Double Kick (Turns around and does a double kick in the air, 12% total)

Down + A: Angelic Heels (Does a downward Double stomp, can meteor smash, 11%)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Wolf Dash (Putting on the Wolf Claws, will do a small dash forward in a flaming spiral, 24%)

Up Smash: Light Storm (Raises her staff above her head with both hands, a giant amount of light magic swirling above her head, 23%)

Down Smash: Light Circlet (Will slam the end of her staff into the ground, causing light magic to swirl around her, hitting opponent on both sides, 22%)

Grab/Throws:

Grab: Grabs the opponent with shield-wearing hand.

Pummel: Knees the opponent (3%)

Front Throw: Hits the opponent back with a pulse of light (12%)

Up Throw: Summons a pillar of light at her opponent’s feet, knocking them up into the air. (11%)

Backward Throw: Throws her opponent over her head with her staff (10%)

Down Throw: Throws the opponent on the ground brings her staff down on them (9%)

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
This being a fighting game would make my day.

Also I found a pretty good looking roaster, it's not mine. Although I see they cut Ike, and now I realized they cut a lot of people. Hm.

andimidna

Smash Master
Well, I got down the basic moves of Palutena's moveset, all that's left to do is the special set:

Size: 9/10 (Palutena contends with Rosalina with being the tallest female character in the game, and like Rosalina, she’s below the amount of weight to be expected of a character her size.

Strength: 6.5/10 (Palutena’s strength is above average, but like her play-style, her greatest strength comes from area control, which means that Palutena has a lot of moves that have very good range for trapping and containing opponents.)

Speed: 7.5/10 (Palutena’s speed varies in different areas, as her attacks are slower than that of Pit, but she can run/move faster than that of Pit overall. As for her combo potential, Palutena is above average in combo potential, being able to string combos together from almost all angles with her unique trapping play-style.)

Recovery: 8/10 (Palutena has the highest normal jumping ability of any character in the game, but unlike Pit, she cannot fly. Her special recovery covers a decent range, but only goes straight up, which can be tricky on the recovery. Overall, Palutena’s recovery abilities are nothing to scoff at)

Oh, hey! It's FeliciaFan444! Awesome!

Uniqueness: 8/10 (Palutena’s play-style uses light magic to control the space around her and keep opponents back, which makes Palutena sound like a keep-away character. However, the main ability of her magic is trapping and tricking opponents at the most inopportune times to catch them off guard and deal combos.)

Gameplay Ability: Light Magic (Palutena, being the Goddess of Light, is able to summon light magic and place it on the field with the use of certain moves. These set-up balls of light cannot hurt opponents on contact and opponents will go through them. By using the standard special, Palutena will be able to launch said light balls either one at a time or all at once to trip-up opponents to leave them open for more attacks. However, to make it fair, the overall priority of these balls of light are rather low, so other projectiles will either negate them or go through them. All attacks that can summon light magic are marked with “$”)

Standard A Combo: Heavenly Heels (x3, 12% total, performs a three kick combo, the final hit being a downward kick)
Forward + A: Staff Strike (Palutena extends her staff forward to jab the opponent, can summon light magic. 11%) $

Up + A: Magic Flash (Raises hand above her head and creates a flash of light to damage opponent, can summon light magic. 12%) $
Down + A: Double Kick (Spins around on the ground with both legs to deal damage. 11%)

Dash Attack: Shield Smash (Dashes through her opponent with her shield in front of her, dealing damage. 9%)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Fire Spin (Putting on the Fire Wolf claws, spins around to burn opponents around her, 14%)

Forward + A: Staff Smash (Swings her staff horizontally, leaving a trail of light behind it. Can summon light magic, 11%) $

Up + A: Light Pillar (Holds her staff above her head, causing it to flash with light magic. Can summon light magic, 11%) $
Backward + A: Double Kick (Turns around and does a double kick in the air, 12% total)

Down + A: Angelic Heels (Does a downward Double stomp, can meteor smash, 11%)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Wolf Dash (Putting on the Wolf Claws, will do a small dash forward in a flaming spiral, 24%)

Up Smash: Light Storm (Raises her staff above her head with both hands, a giant amount of light magic swirling above her head, 23%)

Down Smash: Light Circlet (Will slam the end of her staff into the ground, causing light magic to swirl around her, hitting opponent on both sides, 22%)

Grab/Throws:

Grab: Grabs the opponent with shield-wearing hand.

Pummel: Knees the opponent (3%)

Front Throw: Hits the opponent back with a pulse of light (12%)

Up Throw: Summons a pillar of light at her opponent’s feet, knocking them up into the air. (11%)

Backward Throw: Throws her opponent over her head with her staff (10%)

Down Throw: Throws the opponent on the ground brings her staff down on them (9%)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
So I was making my script for my next video, which is another roster video, and I wrote this about Vaati. It should show you guys why I support him so much.

For Zelda, I have added Vaati. I added Vaati because I believe he could have a very unique moveset and he can also help finish off the representation of the Toon games, and he could represent the handheld Zelda’s. His games are also widely acclaimed, receiving several awards and are advertized a lot, having an anniversary edition and a 3DS ambassador. Vaati is also the only Zelda villain other than Ganondorf to appear more than once, appearing 3 times and he has the potential to return again, being to the Four Sword as Ganondorf is to the Master Sword. This leads me to believe he is a very likely choice.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
So I was making my script for my next video, which is another roster video, and I wrote this about Vaati. It should show you guys why I support him so much.

For Zelda, I have added Vaati. I added Vaati because I believe he could have a very unique moveset and he can also help finish off the representation of the Toon games, and he could represent the handheld Zelda’s. His games are also widely acclaimed, receiving several awards and are advertized a lot, having an anniversary edition and a 3DS ambassador. Vaati is also the only Zelda villain other than Ganondorf to appear more than once, appearing 3 times and he has the potential to return again, being to the Four Sword as Ganondorf is to the Master Sword. This leads me to believe he is a very likely choice.
They deserve a fifth character.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This being a fighting game would make my day.

Also I found a pretty good looking roaster, it's not mine. Although I see they cut Ike, and now I realized they cut a lot of people. Hm.

NIce artwork for the roster. Too bad it sucks. Cuts too many characters and has basically no fan favorites (Ridley, any general DK newcomer). Plus, it's only 39 characters. That SUCKS.

I know it's not yours, but I'm ripping it apart anyway.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I wouldn't be against any newcomer really. As long as the really popular ones get in, like Ridley, Palutena, K.Rool, Mewtwo...then one of my personal favorites in Shulk.

Overall, I don't think Zelda needs a fifth, but that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom