• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I just really want my Lucas first. It would make the idiots speculate about whether or not Ness is going to return.
Well that would be fun.
But still, I want Ness first because Ness is the original. If I see Lucas becoming the main Mother character in Smash and Ness becoming the second...
Well it may break my heart.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I just really want my Ness first.
Ness was hidden in Brawl and 64. Lucas was a starter in Brawl. What do you think is most likely?
  1. Ness starter, Lucas hidden
  2. Lucas starter, Ness hidden
  3. Both starter
  4. Both hidden
If, of course, both return. I'd have to say the second is most likely.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Ness was hidden in Brawl and 64. Lucas was a starter in Brawl. What do you think is most likely?
  1. Ness starter, Lucas hidden
  2. Lucas starter, Ness hidden
  3. Both starter
  4. Both hidden
If, of course, both return. I'd have to say the second is most likely.
I'd say the first actually.
Ness is the most well-known of the two, and is essentially the mascot for Mother.
Lucas, not so much. Plus Ness will be higher priority, so Lucas may end up being one of the last unlockables.
Probably not though, maybe one of the first.
Lucas is one of those characters I could see making the jump to unlockable status.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'd say the first actually.
Ness is the most well-known of the two, and is essentially the mascot for Mother.
Lucas, not so much. Plus Ness will be higher priority, so Lucas may end up being one of the last unlockables.
Probably not though, maybe one of the first.
Lucas is one of those characters I could see making the jump to unlockable status.
This.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Since I mentioned unlockables, here's a question:
Which starters do you think may become unlockable, and vice versa?
I'd say Meta Knight, Ike, and Lucas may become unlockable.
None of the unlockables look like starter potential to me.
Unless you count pre-Brawl. Then Ness, Captain Falcon, and Marth.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
For starters, I can really only see Meta Knight and Lucas as unlockables this time around.

For unlockables, I can see Ness, Marth, and Falcon becoming starters.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
For starters going into unlockable, MK and Lucas are probably the most likely. IC and Ike probably could too.
As for vice versa: Marth, Falco, Ganondorf, Ness, and Capt. Falcon probably could switch. Though I'm iffy on Falco and Ganondorf.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I changed my starter roster
  1. Ness because Mother 2 is better known and on Wii U where as Mother 3 is no longer recent.
  2. Captain Falcon because I have Samurai Goroh
Full Rosters 7.7.LOCKEDB.png

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So here's my completely unrealistic Rare based roster, plus Rayman and the Happy Mask Salesman.

The only character I removed from my regular roster for this was Isaac, but I think Conker is worth it. :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Show off your dream rosters.

Bottom four are DLC. Other characters like Toad, TLink, Isaac, and Masked Man would be cool choices as well.

Anyone who has a Banjo + Kazooie, Gruntilda, and Mumbo roster is god. Who would the 4th Banjo character be you think? Bottles? His ***** ass sister? Wumba?

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Starters from Brawl who may become unlockables - that's quite a difficult one. Lucas or Ike, if theyre in? Maybe Meta Knight?
Vice versa, I'd say Ness and Marth and maybe Captain Falcon.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can't say I'm too excited for the Pokemon characters. Outside of maybe Mewtwo. I'm only saying this because most of the Pokemon characters seem like locks. Maybe I'm a little too confident in the chances of Red, Lucario and Jigglypuff.

Anything Pokemon related would be excellent seeing we've gotten NOTHING out of them other than a Xerneas and Pokeball reveal.
I don't have high hopes for anything Pokemon showing up.

View attachment 6337

I'm back! Get happy everyone! I know you can't live without me! :awesome:

So, I made a new prediction roster and I need opinions! Explanations:

Rosalina, Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer because they're confirmed.

Dixie Kong, despite what many say, could be unique, and being an easy choice for semi-clone helps her.

King K. Rool because he is popular, could be unique, and represents a series that is under-represented.

Mewtwo is perfect because he is popular, important, and he was planned for Brawl.

Ridley because he is important and popular (just like Mewtwo) and he could be an unique fighter (see HotFeet's video).

Takamaru is a placeholder for a retro. Other options could be Ballon Fighter, Bubbles, Donbe & Hikari, Urban Champion and Prince Sable.

Robin because he could be unique compared to Marth and Ike. But the same could be said about Chrom + Lucina, so he is replaceable.

Palutena because Ridley's reasons.
This is pretty good. I guess it's reasonable too. Not much else to say on that.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Can't say I'm too excited for the Pokemon characters. Outside of maybe Mewtwo. I'm only saying this because most of the Pokemon characters seem like locks. Maybe I'm a little too confident in the chances of Red, Lucario and Jigglypuff.
That's how I am, but I want them to be revealed to show those people who think they are getting cut that they won't get cut.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's kind if small. And why on earth does it have Falco and Marth?
He made it seem like Falco was merely a place holder of sorts. And it's possible that Marth might be a placeholder for a Fire Emblem character. If not, he does seem fitting to have as one. To me anyway.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
* The fact that he's the face of FE isn't enough?
The fact that Ike is way more recognized by international Fire Emblem fans. Marth is Japan Only remember? The only international appearances he made is Smash and a character pretending to be him in Awakening. He wasn't a starter last time when he was the face of FE. Why now?

It makes WAY more sense for Ike to be the starter. Not Marth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom