• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Here's my roster. A big of wishful thinking involved, I must admit. :)
Oh boy, where do I start?
DK certainly shouldn't have 5 characters and shouldn't have Lanky Kong.
Sheik shouldn't be seperate from Zelda
Midna(in her humanish form I may add) is a definite no
Magnus isn't important enough to warrant a spot
ZSS should be with regular Samus
Sylux is another definite no.
Ridley needs to be in
If you have another F-Zero character, it should be Samurai Goroh
Star Fox is fine as it is, no need for a 4th character.
Deoxys shouldn't replace Lucario
Johnna Dark and Banjo are also definite no's.
54 characters is also too many.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Ridley needs to be in
black shadow isn't too bad.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Does anyone think that the only newcomers from preexisting series are going to be from the series that were shown off in the first trailer?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Does anyone think that the only newcomers from preexisting series are going to be from the series that were shown off in the first trailer?
I don't think so. It's certainly possible, but a bit far-fetched and looking way too into it. I feel those 8 franchises were just shown because those are the big 8 franchises in Sakurai's eyes. (could give them more priority for a newcomer, maybe)

Mmm, just went out with my friend and got some wings, watched first half of the Broncos game. What'd I miss?

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Alright, since this IS a prediction thread, allow me to just put out my predictions for the next few months leading up to E3 2014:

January:

-King Dedede (Released with Kirby Triple Deluxe)
-Pokemon Trainer (Making up for Pokemon X and Y character missed)

February:

-Diddy Kong (Released With Tropical Freeze)
-King K.Rool (New characters set to Bi-Monthly, making it a DK month with the big release of Tropical Freeze)

March:

Yoshi - Yoshi's new Island Release
Snake - Worldwide release of Snake Eater 3D in 2012 and Release of Ground Zero

April:

Ike - Marking 2 year anniversary of Fire Emblem: Awakening
Robin - Second newcomer of the year, marking three fire emblem characters

May:

Wario - With the impending release of Mario Kart 8
Mr. Game & Watch - Free month to release whatever, Game & Watch reveal would be a nice touch to head into E3 on.

June:

-E3 roles around, we get new info on Zelda Wii U title and possible new Metroid title by Retro Studios, Ganondorf, Ridley and Mewtwo get revealed to mark a villain filled E3.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
My Smashboards layout just changed from displaying the usernames and avatars vertically to displaying them horizontally. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind, SWF fixed itself.

A villain-filled E3 would be infinitely better than a Little Mac and Two Lamearses E3. Too good to be true, in fact.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Alright, since this IS a prediction thread, allow me to just put out my predictions for the next few months leading up to E3 2014:

January:

February:

-King K.Rool (New characters set to Bi-Monthly, making it a DK month with the big release of Tropical Freeze)

March:

April:

May:

Mr. Game & Watch - Free month to release whatever, Game & Watch reveal would be a nice touch to head into E3 on.

June:

-E3 roles around, we get new info on Zelda Wii U title and possible new Metroid title by Retro Studios, Ganondorf, Ridley and Mewtwo get revealed to mark a villain filled E3.
Well, remember that Yoshi's New Island is set to release in the US in March, I think it's a set summer release in Japan. However, there could be a general direct that may focus on Yoshi.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
New Prediction Roster.png

I'm back! Get happy everyone! I know you can't live without me! :awesome:

So, I made a new prediction roster and I need opinions! Explanations:

Rosalina, Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer because they're confirmed.

Dixie Kong, despite what many say, could be unique, and being an easy choice for semi-clone helps her.

King K. Rool because he is popular, could be unique, and represents a series that is under-represented.

Mewtwo is perfect because he is popular, important, and he was planned for Brawl.

Ridley because he is important and popular (just like Mewtwo) and he could be an unique fighter (see HotFeet's video).

Takamaru is a placeholder for a retro. Other options could be Ballon Fighter, Bubbles, Donbe & Hikari, Urban Champion and Prince Sable.

Robin because he could be unique compared to Marth and Ike. But the same could be said about Chrom + Lucina, so he is replaceable.

Palutena because Ridley's reasons.

Autumn ♫

View attachment 6337

I'm back! Get happy everyone! I know you can't live without me! :awesome:

So, I made a new prediction roster and I need opinions! Explanations:

Rosalina, Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer because they're confirmed.

Dixie Kong, despite what many say, could be unique, and being an easy choice for semi-clone helps her.

King K. Rool because he is popular, could be unique, and represents a series that is under-represented.

Mewtwo is perfect because he is popular, important, and he was planned for Brawl.

Ridley because he is important and popular (just like Mewtwo) and he could be an unique fighter (see HotFeet's video).

Takamaru is a placeholder for a retro. Other options could be Ballon Fighter, Bubbles, Donbe & Hikari, Urban Champion and Prince Sable.

Robin because he could be unique compared to Marth and Ike. But the same could be said about Chrom + Lucina, so he is replaceable.

Palutena because Ridley's reasons.
I'd add a Zelda newcomer, most preferably Vaati, other than that, I think it's fine.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
How'd you kno- *Ahem* I mean yes, glad to know you're excited. :p

I'm thinking of designing Palutena as an area control character who can trick and trap opponents in powerful combos. In short, I see her being a little similar to this:

My Main in CT/CS? Axle/10 Would Main.
Make Palutena count to 3 in German like Nu.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

January:

February:

March:

April:

May:

June:

Seeing how my birthday is in March and my main used to be Yoshi and I support Snake's return alot, I think March is going to be a good month.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I don't know why, but I can feel we are getting a new Wii U stage this week sometime. Something Kirby or Pokemon-related.
Anything Pokemon related would be excellent seeing we've gotten NOTHING out of them other than a Xerneas and Pokeball reveal.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
How'd you kno- *Ahem* I mean yes, glad to know you're excited. :p

I'm thinking of designing Palutena as an area control character who can trick and trap opponents in powerful combos. In short, I see her being a little similar to this:

Out of curiosity, what character is that and from what game are they from?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Anything Pokemon related would be excellent seeing we've gotten NOTHING out of them other than a Xerneas and Pokeball reveal.
There's GOT to be something coming up for Sakurai to show Pokemon-related. Something big has to happen for Pokemon.

(Then again, there's my whole "Sakurai delayed Pokemon Bank so it can fit his reveal calendar" conspiracy...)

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
There's GOT to be something coming up for Sakurai to show Pokemon-related. Something big has to happen for Pokemon.

(Then again, there's my whole "Sakurai delayed Pokemon Bank so it can fit his reveal calendar" conspiracy...)
This would be absolutely hilarious, but I'd be angry as hell.
She's from a really fun, but incredibly difficult to play fighting game called BlazBlue
Nuuuu-13 :3

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
I like it a lot. Why did you seperate Zelda from Shiek though?
Thank you so much! Oops. Accident I suppose haha. Maybe the main reason is that I've been playing Project M a lot recently, but also since Sheik is my main in Melee, and Zero Suit is my main in Brawl (separated from Samus here, too) I wanted to differentiate them. :)

Good to see a roster that'll get some talking done.

You are a pretty cool guy asking for Magnus. Same for being a Deoxys fan. Though why Human Midna, Lanky, and Sylux? We have Imp Minda for all of the moveset potential that she would have. And what about Dixie Kong?, it seems odd to have that many DK characters with no Dixie. Sylux is pretty cool. But I wouldn't exactly put him above Ridley or Dark Samus.

Also, it's nice that you added another Star Fox character without trashing Falco or Wolf.
Thank you! Again, due to the incredible unlikelihood of any Rare character appearing in Smash, I chose the ones I liked. :) My defense for Human Midna is simply I like her as a character more (I know, I am the minority with that opinion). But her imp form does make sense. Sylux is the sworn enemy of Samus in Hunters, and:
in the 100% ending of Metroid Prime 3, you see Sylux's ship chasing after Samus.
Those two things are reasons. Dark Samus should be a skin for Samus. :)

Ridley needs to be in
Wasn't meaning it to be too serious. :) Rare characters in general are probably a no, so I decided to choose ones I wanted.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
If Nintendo got the rights to the duo, it'd likely be Fat Banjo and Kazooie from Nuts and Bolts. :troll:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
since we are doing "wish" rosters I did one, but still with some logic

now that I think about it, if you removed grovyle, quote and phoenix wright, then it could be my actual roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom