• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
so on the topic of charactars that would make you go absolutely balistic from joy, whether they are likely or not, what characters would make you do that?
Layton, Porky, and pretty much any Pokemon from Gen 5 or 6.

... but yeah, Quote would kill me with joy, too. Cave Story's one of my absolute favorite games, and he'd make an amazing fighter. Too bad he's such a pipe dream character.

D

Deleted member

Hades is better fit for a boss and Pittoo should be nothing more than a palette swap.

Medusa is the third most important character in the series.
Medusa fits just as much as a boss as Hades.

With that in mind, and the fact that Hades pretty much upstaged Medusa, on the hypothetical that Palutena is not playable, we'd get Hades before Medusa.
And if this picture is any indication....

....we'd get Pittoo before Medusa as well on that same hypothetical.

If Palutena, the character featured in the franchise's Japanese name, isn't playable, I find it difficult to envision any of the series' other characters playable in her place. Which would be okay, given that Uprising is a single solid game, no more, no less. Also, in before "Durr, do you expect a playable Metroid or something?"
Honestly, having THEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABYTHEBABY as the titular Super Metroid as a character would be nifty if you ask me.

James92

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jgrim92
so on the topic of charactars that would make you go absolutely balistic from joy, whether they are likely or not, what characters would make you do that?

Mine would be quote from cave story. No, seriously, none of you guys know how I would react if that was the case. I'd go absolutley INSANE.

Grovyle comes in at a close second
Pretty much any of the characters in my sig. If we're including non-videogame characters, I would add Mickey Mouse, Sailor Moon, and Darth Vader.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Newcomers:

Top tier for ballisticity:
Toad(Either Captain or Regular)
Meowth

Reasonable amount of ballisticity:
Pac-Man
Duck Hunt Dog
Robin/MyUnit/Avatar
Bandana Dee
Samurai Goroh

and

Veterans:
Yoshi
Roy
Wario
Diddy
Wolf

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Obviously the one on the right. :troll:

But seriously, **** Microdick for stealing and ****** our beloved Bear (w/ Bird) from Nintendo. ;_;

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Mine would be quote from cave story. No, seriously, none of you guys know how I would react if that was the case. I'd go absolutley INSANE.

Mostly Ridley and Dark Samus. Since I do really like Metroid characters. With Little Mac just below them. Any other Capcom character to tag-team with Mega-Man.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's only one character that can hype me up.

That character is...

DANKEY KANG.

Yeah, didn't you know? He's like the second most popular video game dude. Right after that guy who jumps on turtles and eats mushrooms. Moga Mon.

I like Moga Mon's games, they are the bestest.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529

Obviously the one on the right. :troll:

But seriously, **** Micro**** for stealing and ****** our beloved Bear (w/ Bird) from Nintendo. ;_;
Well, at least you'd be happy to know that Grant Kirkhope wants to pull a Keiji Inafune, gets the old developers of the classic RARE games back together, and make a company so they can make Banjo 3 on the Wii U.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I would go joy for:
Quote = Prince Sable = Anna = Geno.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
oh, by the way, just beat cave story. extremely good game. 10/10/10. 5 stars. would play again. will play again. would buy all versions of the game.

The Suit-less Ace

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2234-7574-2599
Can this also be considered a Pokemon prediction thread? Or is there something else for that? By this I mean roasters of Pokemon that you can send out of pokeballs.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Just gonna leave this Tetra moveset here too for Tetra supporters:

Note: No Toon Zelda transformation is included in this character, this is purely a Tetra moveset.

Size: 5/10 (Tetra’s height is average at best, although her tuft of hair gets her a few extra inches. Her frame is thin and her main style of play involves many acrobatic moves and pirate-esque attacks. Her weight is a little below average because of this, so be wary when the damage starts to rack up.)

Strength: 4/10 (Tetra’s strength, like her weight, is below average, but this comes with the bonus of being able to string attacks quite easily. Tetra’s character is very good at combo-racking, being able to connect many of her rather weak attacks to really rack up the damage on opponents. However, this skill is better used when you’re against one opponent, so she struggles a bit in multiplayer battles)

Speed: 8/10 (Tetra’s playstyle is rather quick and nimble, although most of her attacks suffer from average to below average range. However, while she moves fast, she also hits fast, which is a bonus to her playstyle as it’s all about racking in long combos to get opponents off-screen)

Recovery: 7.5/10 (Tetra’s overall jumping abilities are very good, the best of the Zelda characters to be precise, but her special recovery is that of a tether recovery, which can indeed be unreliable sometimes. Tetra does better at recovering from straight-up recoveries then having to come in from the sides of the screen)

Uniqueness: 7/10 (Tetra’s acrobatic abilities are definitely nothing new in the series of Smash Bros, but her unique arsenal of pirate tricks, special items and overall sassiness is a very unique feel that really hits home in the uniqueness department.

Standard A Combo: Jab & Dagger (x3, 10% total) (A pair of jab attacks followed by a quick strike from her dagger)

Forward + A: Roundhouse Kick (Spins around to deal a small dashing kick, 9%)

Up + A: Flip Kick (Flips on the spot, dealing a kick that will knock the opponent upward, 11%)

Down + A: Sliding Sailor (Sliding kick along the ground, 9%)

Dash Attack: Dashing Slice (Performs a quick slash during her dash, knocking the opponent away, 9%)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Spinning Slash (Spins around horizontally with her dagger out, dealing damage around her, 12%)

Forward + A: Lunging Strike (Short-dashes in the air, slashing the opponent downward with her dagger. Meteor smashes, 11%)

Up + A: Crescent Slash (Flips backward with dagger in hand, creating a crescent slash. 11%)
Backward + A: Double Kick (Turns around and kicks twice, 13% total)

Down + A: Hurricane Stomp (Drops down to the ground with a kick that splits through the wind, creating a wind push effect around her that pushes opponents away. 11%)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Buccaneer Blitz (A dashing slash attack with her dagger, strikes very quickly. 22%)

Up Smash: Rising Cutlass (Ducks down low and does a rising slash up into the air, 21%)

Down Smash: Bokoblin Machete (Pulls out a Bokoblin Machete and strikes in a circular pattern around her. 23%)

Grab/Throws:

Grab: Tetra grabs the opponent with one hand

Pummel: Tetra hits the opponent with the handle of her dagger (2%)

Forward Throw: Tetra kicks the opponent then slashes them away (9%)

Up Throw: Tetra jumps on a loose board that appears on the ground, sending the opponent up into the air. (12%)

Down Throw: Tetra throws the opponent on the ground and steps on them (10%)

Backward Throw: Tetra leaps behind the opponent and kicks them mid-flip (9%)

Special Moves:

Standard Special: Spoils Bag

(Pressing the B button will allow for Tetra to absorb an enemy’s projectile into her spoils bag. Collecting three different projectiles will allow the spoils bag to shoot out a wave of Boko-Baba seeds that will damage any opponent within a certain range. Collecting two of the same projectile and another random projectile will allow the bag to produce Green Chu Jelly, which will let Tetra move faster, and all three of the same projectile will allow the Spoils bag to produce red Chu-Jelly, which will heal 50% damage. 3% per seed, shoots out a total of 7 seeds)

Side Special: Catapult

(A catapult will appear next to Tetra, which will allow her to launch a barrel at her opponents. If an opponent if right next to Tetra when she summons the catapult, they will be launched instead of the barrel. 15% for barrel, 18% for throwing opponent)

Up Special: Grappling Hook

(A tether recovery that works uniquely in both the air and the ground. On the ground, it will pull opponents towards you, but will reach for a ledge when used in the air. Unlike other tether recovery, this recovery’s length will increase if you hold the B button during the attack. 8% for grapple attack)

Down Special: Skull Hammer

(Tetra will pull out the dreaded Skull Hammer, being able to walk around with it as you hold the B button. Upon releasing the B button, Tetra will leap up and smash the opponent. This attack will put opponents in the ground if they’re on the ground and make them ground bounce/meteor smash in the air. Holding the analog stick to the side during the attack will allow Tetra to perform a horizontal smash instead of a vertical smash. 20% for smash)

Final Smash: Pirate Invasion

(For her final smash, Tetra’s pirate ship will appear in the background as her crew members swing onto the stage. Certain crew members will pick up character and throw them off the screen, however, the smaller crew members will dash around the stage, planting powerful bombs that will explode after a small amount of time. After a few seconds, the crew will retreat back to the ship and it will disappear)

Color Scheme:

#1: Blue Jacket, White pants, yellow hair (Standard outfit)
#2: Green Jacket, Black Pants, lime hair

#3: Red Jacket, Maroon pants, orange hair

#4: Purple Jacket, White pants, brown hair (Zelda colors)
#5: Black Jacket, Black Pants, White hair

Taunts:

#1: Crosses her arms and winks

#2: Pulls out her charm and raises it above her head as it glows

#3: Shakes her head and puts her arms up in a “I don’t know” motion

Winners Circle:

Win Poses:

#1: Tetra leans on the side of the screen as two crew members lug away loot off-screen.

#2: Tetra crosses her arms and turns around, her head looking towards the screen as she winks.

I got one for K.Rool too if you wanna see it. :p

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo's the character everyone's most certain about. Extremely popular, recently promoted, can return with his new Mega Evolution(s) to represent the latest generation of Pokemon... And Sakurai's already alluded to returning Melee characters. The only thing going against him I guess is that he didn't make it into Brawl - but even then he was very much intended to be in the game, and that was when his promotion value and popularity were in kind of a slump.

He's the only non-Brawl character I'll be legitimately surprised about if he isn't playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom