• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wait...this is the kinda **** you get with NES Remix? Wow. That actually tempts me to buy it. Anything else cool? More specifically is Metroid in it?
It's really awesome actually, lots of interesting twists and stuff. Sadly, no Metroid can be found.

It does, however, have snipits of Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Excitebike, Ice Climber, ex.

Pretty fun, though it feels kinda random.

D

Deleted member

And now Miyamoto won't put him in anything because HE didn't make HIM.

-dreams of Wario in 3D World-
Well to be fair, Nintendo R&D1 have their own thing with Wario and the last time Wario willingly helped out Mario was rather out of character...(64DS)
Though not having Wario as an antagonist in NSMB2 is aggravating.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure they explained away Wario helping Mario with him getting to keep all the coins he found during the game, or getting loads of treasure or something.

I think it was the former.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I made a list of everything I believe is moderately crucial in order for a roster to be realistic

Should Have:

• Additions to Pre-Existing IPs.
  • At least 5 New IPs.
  • A fair amount of requested characters (at least 4).
  • Addition to a pre existing IP that has not gotten one yet.
  • IF any cuts are made, there should be more than one.
I would say there should be semi-clones, but as Dixie and Roy are the only viable ones available, I can't say for sure.
5 new IP? So, are we talking 5 new IPS to the series or 5 new IP so the character roster? Because for the characters alone I can think of 5 new IP's already: Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Little Mac, Shulk.

D

Deleted member

I don't think they even explained.

MarioWiki on Wario's page states that the official DS site for the game said that Wario is allying himself with Mario so that he can get Peach's treasure.

....seems like a weird reason to tag-along with Mario. Did Mario just...not care or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Goddamn autocorrect.

Is that what you mean? Otherwise, I can't see five brand new Ip's getting added. Everything else you said is plausible.
Well, Brawl had 6

Smash 4 currently has Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man

and we can basically choose from: Little Mac, Lip, Takamaru, Mii, Issac, Famicom Wars, and others.

D

Deleted member

Since you're not counting just characters (or Animal Crossing would have counted), there's also Steel Diver for the "submarine gun" and Find Mii for the stage.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, Brawl had 6

Smash 4 currently has Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man

and we can basically choose from: Little Mac, Lip, Takamaru, Mii, Issac, Famicom Wars, and others.
Oh, Villager counts? Then yeah, that's easy.

Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Little Mac, Shulk/Takamaru.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
....seems like a weird reason to tag-along with Mario. Did Mario just...not care or something?
That's...a really poor explanation.

Of course, it was a remake. They probably didn't give two ****s about the story. I guess I should be thankful that Wario was playable at all, but he was by far the least useful character.

Oh well. I'll just keep hoping for Wario Land 5 for the 3DS.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
That's...a really poor explanation.

Of course, it was a remake. They probably didn't give two ****s about the story. I guess I should be thankful that Wario was playable at all, but he was by far the least useful character.

Oh well. I'll just keep hoping for Wario Land 5 for the 3DS.
WarioWorld 2 on Wii U pls.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Pic of the day is about Zelda, but still no info on the Phantom. Sakurai is best troll.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Looks like Zelda has a new Smash Attack though, (judging from Sakurai's wording).
Rosalina having similar moves to Zelda wasn't just chance. Looks like she's adopting some of Zelda's old moves while Zelda gets some new ones like I suspected.

So I wonder if this means someone could adopt Bowser's claw slashing moves... (hint hint muddy mole hint hint)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel like Dark Pit was spending less time brooding and more time being the only person in the whole cast with any goddamn sense. :p

If anyone was bull****ting, he would immediately call them out on it, no matter whose side they were on, but wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty either.

Dark Pit was a gooooood character.

Not sure which game you were playing. Dark Pit wasn't "Shadow-the-Hedgehog-trying-to-be-badass", he isn't "Venom-over-the-top-insane", he isn't "Dark-Link-mindless-killer-shadow", he isn't "I'm-better-than-you-Vegeta", or "Smart-and-silent-Dark-Samus".

He was pretty original as far as "dark" versions go.
Venom was more like a mix of "I know your secrets" and "bigger badder you" type of nemesis. Which is why I like him. I'd say Carnage was more "over the top" insane. He was crazier. Vegeta and Dark Samus are spot on though. I think Bass fits the "I'm better than you" as Mega Man's nemesis too.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Venom was more like a mix of "I know your secrets" and "bigger badder you" type of nemesis. Which is why I like him. I'd say Carnage was more "over the top" insane. He was crazier. Vegeta and Dark Samus are spot on though. I think Bass fits the "I'm better than you" as Mega Man's nemesis too.
I...think I was actually thinking of Carnage when I typed "Venom".

Not sure why I got the two mixed up. I'm a big symbiote lover.

Okay guys.
The word strong threw me off because he could have just said "side attack" and it would have meant the same thing.
Just think, each one of us thought we were going to be the only one to correct you. :laugh: We didn't mean to team up on you.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Hmm oh It's just that you guys are too slow :sonic:

So I went right ahead and said something, It wasn't teaming up... or anything like that.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Though not having Wario as an antagonist in NSMB2 is aggravating.
I still stand by NSMB2 really should of been a Wario game.
Maybe with Waluigi in Luigi's place marking his first platform game even? New Super Wario Bros.

So Zelda can now slash? Did she always do this?
Will we get the metallic clang noise when the slash hits a blade do you think?

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I still stand by NSMB2 really should of been a Wario game.
Maybe with Waluigi in Luigi's place marking his first platform game even? New Super Wario Bros.
I heard that Wario was supposed to be unlockable once the player etched a million coins, and was supposed to retain his classic moveset. However, he was apparently cut so that the game wouldn't be delayed and wouldn't release too close to nsmbu.
I blame waalaweegee

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
  • Additions to Pre-Existing IPs.
  • At least 5 New IPs.
  • A fair amount of requested characters (at least 4).
  • Addition to a pre existing IP that has not gotten one yet.
  • IF any cuts are made, there should be more than one.
I would say there should be semi-clones, but as Dixie and Roy are the only viable ones available, I can't say for sure.
So mine is perfect then. :troll:

We've got the existing IP's with new characters, over five unrepped IP's, the four most requested characters, a new rep for a series that's been solo (if you don't count Zamus), and no cuts. So does that fit your criteria? :troll:

D

Deleted member

.... 75 pages...

... in 3 days....

HOW DO YOU PEOPLE MANAGE THIS??

Riches before *****es.

Don't forget his side career of dealing out pills medical practice.
Mario confirmed for Heisenberg of Nintendo.

Does that mean Luigi is Jesse?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom