• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

But that enigma wrapped in yellow knows how to make games, or at least hire people to make games for him.
Wario is a frigging GENIUS.
And yet too lazy/arrogant/dim-witted to make too much use of it (outside of raking in profit from short microgames).

He built a helmet that transports him into the worlds of television in a matter of seconds for crying out loud!
....then it turns out he can only transport himself and not the money he gets from the television world.....

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
So I've been wondering for a while...what do we think about a character that transforms into different Nintendo stuff. Like Ages from SEGA Racing Transformed?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I like Raikou better.
Raikou's my favorite, but I also like the other two as well.

(yes I know they're dogs but that's what first came to mind, don't grill me 2 hard)
They're Beasts collectively, not dogs as conceptually Raikou's a tiger, Entei's ambigious (which comes with the territory being a Shisa) and Suicune can be argued to be a Cheetah or Wolf depending on what you see.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
And yet too lazy/arrogant/dim-witted to make too much use of it (outside of raking in profit from short microgames).

He built a helmet that transports him into the worlds of television in a matter of seconds for crying out loud!
....then it turns out he can only transport himself and not the money he gets from the television world.....
See wario is an anti character that i think was done right, since has become a great one all on his own without him being stuck as dark mario.

Oh and his reaction to the queen in the ending of shake it is one of the best things ever.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Raikou's my favorite, but I also like the other two as well.

They're Beasts collectively, not dogs as conceptually Raikou's a tiger, Entei's ambigious (which comes with the territory being a Shisa) and Suicune can be argued to be a Cheetah or Wolf depending on what you see.
Cool, I just thought they were dogs cause they mention that in the game iicrc. thx for the info though.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman

It's amazing that, when you think about it, Wario is far more successful than Mario, financially. Mario's just a plumber.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Oh and his reaction to the queen in the ending of shake it is one of the best things ever.
The best part is, the way he sizes her up makes it look like he's looking at her (extremely disappointing) bosom, then decides she's not worth it and throws her away.

So much Wario love...I knew this place was special. :sadeyes:

It's amazing that, when you think about it, Wario is far more successful than Mario, financially. Mario's just a plumber.
Moreover, he stopped giving a crap about Mario a long time ago. :p He's been doing his own thing for so long that the only time he ever ****s with Mario is when they're partying or whatever.

D

Deleted member

See wario is an anti character that i think was done right, since has become a great one all on his own without him being stuck as dark mario.
Riches before *******.

Don't forget his side career of dealing out pills medical practice.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
And a Doctor, Olympic athlete, etc.

D

Deleted member

...If spin-offs are out of the question....

Wario doesn't even exist to compare with Mario. :troll:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh no, no, spin-offs out of the question. I'm talkin' actual occupations outside of those games. :p
Carpenter, space hero, owner of a mansion, has some kind of giant Mario statue filled with evil toys.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Carpenter, space hero, owner of a mansion, has some kind of giant Mario statue filled with evil toys.
Wario's saved his own island twice, saved no less than two different dimensions, owns at least two castles, a video game company...

Their accomplishments are closer than you'd think. :laugh:

I think that's extermination.
Then no.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wario's saved his own island twice, saved no less than two different dimensions, owns at least two castles, a video game company...

Their accomplishments are closer than you'd think. :laugh:

Then no.

But can he breakdance?

D

Deleted member

I don't think that's really an achievement, per se... :urg:

I mean, Wario's crude, but I don't think he'd be wrist-deep in crap if he didn't have to be.
Nah, he's just full of it. :awesome:

Yeah! I mean, anyone can be a plumber! Except for Waluigi...I'm pretty sure he's just a dude in overalls...
Waluigi tried plumbing once; he flushed himself down the drain and was lost in the sewers for about a month.

D

Deleted member

*sigh* and to think, Wario was just going to be a one-off copycat villain made to be a personification of Nintendo R&D1's distaste over being made to design games for a character they didn't create....

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Oh, how I hated that level...

In NES Remix! Buy it now for $8.99!
Wait...this is the kinda **** you get with NES Remix? Wow. That actually tempts me to buy it. Anything else cool? More specifically is Metroid in it?

*sigh* and to think, Wario was just going to be a one-off copycat villain made to a personification of Nintendo R&D1's distaste over being made to design games for a character they didn't create....
And now Miyamoto won't put him in anything because HE didn't make HIM.

-dreams of Wario in 3D World-

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I made a list of everything I believe is moderately crucial in order for a roster to be realistic

Should Have:

• Additions to Pre-Existing IPs.
  • At least 5 New IPs.
  • A fair amount of requested characters (at least 4).
  • Addition to a pre existing IP that has not gotten one yet.
  • IF any cuts are made, there should be more than one.
I would say there should be semi-clones, but as Dixie and Roy are the only viable ones available, I can't say for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom