• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Actually, what I'd like to see is implementing the system in the Yoshi games, using the aiming cursor and the eggs flying in a straight line.
Or simply have a target appear when you start aiming. Also the Egg Throw shouldn't be able to hit in any downward direction, or that would be pretty overpowered when it comes to edge guarding.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
On the topic of Wario, I'm rather surprised he hasn't been revealed already. Hopefully we'll get our obvious veteran reveals the next few months.

D

Deleted member

We'll likely have to wait a bit longer for Wario, until there's no "obvious" reveal in the month.
Example, not January, since Dedede.
Not February, since Diddy.
Maybe March?

EDIT: Though anniversaries don't matter, Wario being a March reveal could be a nod to WarioWare debuting on March 21st in Japan.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
On the topic of Wario, I'm rather surprised he hasn't been revealed already. Hopefully we'll get our obvious veteran reveals the next few months.
The next few months? That's basically all we've gotten this entire time! :troll:

I think we'll get mostly obvious vets. I think we'll get at the very least

Wario
Yoshi
Dedede
Meta Knight
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
All Newcomers
Maybe Snake
Lucario and/or PKMN Trainer
Ike
At least one Earthbounder

Other than that, I think it's up in the air

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
We'll likely have to wait a bit longer for Wario, until there's no "obvious" reveal in the month.
Example, not January, since Dedede.
Not February, since Diddy.
Maybe March?
Ehh, I dunno. I mean, there was a giant opportunity missed with the Ice Climbers in December.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just want them to reveal Yoshi so all those annoying people who think Yoshi isn't an obvious lock can finally get it.
Tell me about it. It's really annoying to have people whine that they won't buy the game if one character doesn't get in. Even more so when it's obvious they will show up.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
We could get Wario with Mario Kart 8. But then again we may not.

Yoshi I feel is definitely getting revealed with those new games of his.

Dedede with Triple Deluxe.

Diddy Kong with Tropical Freeze.

Meta Knight as random.

Ike as Random.

Snake in Nintendo Direct or E3

Pokémon as random or something else

...Basically the rest will be random.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Pretty sure a newcomer and a Zelda title release were bigger opportunities.
I can understand the Zelda part, but if Rosalina didn't show up, I would have expected the Climbers. But she did show up. A few more characters will be tied to releases.
Heck, there's the chance we may get two reveals in one day.

D

Deleted member

I can understand the Zelda part, but if Rosalina didn't show up, I would have expected the Climbers. But she did show up. A few more characters will be tied to releases.
Heck, there's the chance we may get two reveals in one day.
So far, only 3 have releases tied to them, Olimar, Toon Link, and Zelda.

While it seems reasonable for Dedede and Diddy to be revealed around Triple Deluxe and Tropical Freeze, like with 3D World and X/Y, we might not get anything.

EDIT:
Four DK slots, need both Dixie and K. Rool?
DK, Diddy/Dixie, K. Rool, Cranky.
Problem solved. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Cranky Kong is trending, people.

If Rosalina can do it, so can Cranky. :awesome:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I do think Sakurai will be partial to Kirby and reveal Dedede, especially because it makes sense as both a character for the game's release, as well as the character of the month.

Diddy just makes sense to reveal with TF. However Sakurai could go and ruin things and NOT reveal Diddy.

So confusing sometimes...

Morbi

Scavenger
I do think Sakurai will be partial to Kirby and reveal Dedede, especially because it makes sense as both a character for the game's release, as well as the character of the month.

Diddy just makes sense to reveal with TF. However Sakurai could go and ruin things and NOT reveal Diddy.

So confusing sometimes...
When there was no Pokemon reveal in Ocotober, I stopped speculating that release dates correlate with reveals.

D

Deleted member

OMG.
0:09

Cranky's "gonna be a smash". Cranky's appearance in Smash was set to happen quite some time ago!!!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
When there was no Pokemon reveal in Ocotober, I stopped speculating that release dates correlate with reveals.
There was reasoning for that though. Game Freak didn't want him to show anything or whatever that was.

Just because something happens once, doesn't mean it will happen every time.

Morbi

Scavenger
It's not ruining. It's delicious. I love watching people try to comprehend what was likely a simple decision/thought and try to make sense of it.
They have desecrated my favorite smash attack. I am not trying to make sense of it, I am just pissed. The sparkles of decadence are no longer in Smash, I suppose I should be happy. Maybe Toon Zelda will have the old move-set. :awesome:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm not saying they don't ruin things/waste potential, I'm just saying Sakurai likely doesn't put so much as half a thought into these updates. Save for the obvious ones like the Pokemon non-reveal. Meanwhile we're deducing that characters are confirmed/disconfirmed from extremely vague screenshots.

Morbi

Scavenger
There was reasoning for that though. Game Freak didn't want him to show anything or whatever that was.

Just because something happens once, doesn't mean it will happen every time.
How many potential release dates and anniversaries have been disregard up to this point? They are nothing more than a mere indication that an opportunity is coming. I mean TF will probably get one as it is a huge launch, aside from that, I don't really think we should be looking to see when a character's debut was to see if the month is going to be the month we get a reveal. It is simply irrational.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
How many potential release dates and anniversaries have been disregard up to this point? They are nothing more than a mere indication that an opportunity is coming. I mean TF will probably get one as it is a huge launch, aside from that, I don't really think we should be looking to see when a character's debut was to see if the month is going to be the month we get a reveal. It is simply irrational.
It's a possibility, then again it isn't. Zelda was timed, but no other reveals have been, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom