• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice
I expect the picture for tomorrow to be a random character reveal like Wolf or Snake. Or a useless one. It is probably going to be the later.
I expect confirmation of the boxes return:

You don't need to know what happen to Luigi.:troll:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
"Pic of the day. We've been getting a lot of requests asking Crates to be shown. Since Crates are so popular, we've changed them so that they have a 50% chance of containing more crates! Also, the other 50% are rolling crates."
Then what's the point of crates besides throwing them at others?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Half of the time, they contain crates, every time. :troll:

I like rolling crates. Especially in 2v2s. You just stand on that ****, get launched, and watch the world burn.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wouldn't mind seeing another new item being shown. I kind of would like to see another Metroid item. But I'm not sure what would work. Maybe the ice flower from Mario.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
A Power Bomb could be another neat explosive akin to the Smart Bomb. Instead of exploding slowly outward, it sucks everyone within a certain radius in, then explodes, throwing everyone in different directions.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wouldn't mind seeing another new item being shown. I kind of would like to see another Metroid item. But I'm not sure what would work. Maybe the ice flower from Mario.
No. More. Mario. Items.

I don't want any items in particular, just more control over the ones we got.

tl;dr the ability to omit Nintendog and Resetti from the ATs

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
they are different AI's but its possible.
There's also Olimar's Pikmin.

I'm a little late, but yeah, unlockables are probably coming back. And whether they are or not, Sakurai's more concerned about using character reveals to promote other games. Some of the characters we've seen already are more than likely to be unlockables (I can't fathom having five Mario characters on the starting roster). I doubt we'll see every character in the game revealed before release, but we may see all the newcomers at least.

thebaum64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebaum64
There's also Olimar's Pikmin.

I'm a little late, but yeah, unlockables are probably coming back. And whether they are or not, Sakurai's more concerned about using character reveals to promote other games. Some of the characters we've seen already are more than likely to be unlockables (I can't fathom having five Mario characters on the starting roster). I doubt we'll see every character in the game revealed before release, but we may see all the newcomers at least.
yes new comers are likely, and its ok that we don't see all the characters! Leaves more surprise!

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
man and here I was thinking I was only one who would LOVE having a pokebal/AT filter! man that would be friggin awesome~

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Somewhat on the topic of cuts, I looked back at that Interview.
"...However, I do believe I understand that each character has its owjn set of fans out there who really like that character.
"So we’re not going to cut characters out of the way, we’re going to put in as many characters as we can, we really want to do that, because it's good for the fans and good for all of us. But in the event that we do have to cut some characters, I’d like to apologise in advance to those fans."
Sakurai cares about the characters we care for?!?!?:eek:

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
This is partially why I kind of want the game to come out in November, I really hope the entire Brawl cast returns.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
"...However, I do believe I understand that each character has its owjn set of fans out there who really like that character.
"So we’re not going to cut characters out of the way, we’re going to put in as many characters as we can, we really want to do that, because it's good for the fans and good for all of us. But in the event that we do have to cut some characters, I’d like to apologise in advance to those fans."
Proof that Impa will not replace Sheik. Sakurai will not just kick Sheik out for Impa.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
ridleymewtwochromreggiepacmansnakeikesheikisaacspider-mangokushadownarutomasterchiefkratoscodsoldier confirmed

Of course Sakurai isn't going to just go "It's a big game, there are a lot of characters, but some people aren't going to make it in. Get over it.".

Proof that Impa will not replace Sheik. Sakurai will not just kick Sheik out for Impa.
I'm not a Sheik or Impa supporter, but unless he said "I'm not replacing Sheik with Impa.", then there's no such proof.

thebaum64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebaum64
Sakurai cares about the we care for?!?!?:eek:
does not want to make anyone, adds over 9000 characters... solved world peace and world hunger :troll:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
This.. this shows that Snake will return!
EDIT: Apparently I can't post pictures anymore on here for some reason.

Richard Nixon

Smash Apprentice
This really makes me think there won't be any true cases of one character "replacing" another this time around. There may be a few newcomers that take priority over a veteran, and maybe some will get in while an unfortunate veteran is left behind, but it sounds like at least all of Brawl's cast is intended to coexist with all of the newcomers.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
He literally said that they're not going to cut out characters. So replacing Sheik with Impa will not make sense, since he's not going to just cut out Sheik.
He immediately afterwards said that it was perfectly possible that there would be cuts, and that he was sorry in advance to fans of those characters.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Does anyone think there will be a demo on the eShop pre-release? I'm also gonna go out on a limb here and say the game will probably be playable at E3 this year, if it's not released pre-E3 then Nintendo will definitely have it there.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's right next to the smile face, but now whenever I try to make one it just shows an IMG inside a rectangle and when I post it, it went weird, making an extremely long post of letters and numbers.
wierd...On my browser there's a tab to upload pictures on the bottom of the text window...

You could also try copying and pasting an image directly.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
If it releases in November/December, me and my pals will be hogging the inevitable comic com demo all day:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom