• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Everytime someone says a moveset that involves just punching is boring, but then they want 4 Fire Emblem swordspeople to be included, I die a little inside.
Especially one that is already a clone.
That would be Roy. Nobody hurt me, just putting it out there.

What did you guys think of my roster:
It's broken again.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Happy New Year! Also, why didn't Sakurai reveal a character? I was really hoping for Mewtwo.:( But, *sigh*, whatever. Maybe Feb. 6 (Mewtwo's birthday, for all those who don't know), or the release month of Pokémon Z (it's gonna happen, people).

Edit, Well, good thing Little Mac was disconfirmed. Not that I want that to happen, but it means that I don't need to worry about a Move-set for him in my fan game. He could have been confirmed and it would have the same effect. I honestly don't care for him, but he'd be cool, I guess.
Sakurai is enjoying some much needed time off with his family. No updates until the 6th. And there's really no reason to reveal Mewtwo on New Years.

If there would be a Pokemon Z, it most likely won't be out until after Smash; sometime in 2015 methinks.

Little Mac is not officially deconfirmed. Not sure where you got that idea :/

Edit: Well by golly, looks like my post was identical to that of Scoli's.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
All one has to do is take ONE look at Balrog and Dudley from SSFIV.

They're both boxers, yet they play NOTHING alike. (I should know, I main them both).
If one company.. A JAPANESE company could come up with TWO completely different versions of the same fighting style, who's to say Sakurai teaming up with Namco Bandai couldn't?

Not to mention there are also the 2 real life different boxing styles, Outboxers and Inboxers.
And finally... The Star System mechanic. THIS is where Sakurai's going to be looking at besides Little Mac's iconicness.
-
For the record:
Everytime someone says a moveset that involves just punching is boring, but then they want 4 Fire Emblem swordspeople to be included, I die a little inside.
A better example, Namco Bandai made Steve Fox from Tekken. These are the guys helping make Smash Bros 4. Look at what they can do for a boxer on their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqKhGMnSIHs

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Here's my 45 character roster.
No Shulk, Ridley, Pac-Man, Dixie Kong, or new FE character.
And no cuts. Even though I wanted to.
45 Character Roster Roster.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guys, what if there wasn't a DK newcomer at all? I'd be really surprised.
I'd be disappointed. Not too surprised though. I kind of have low expectations for most characters. Which helps, so that whenever we get someone cool, I'll be all the more excited when they do show up.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Guys, what if there wasn't a DK newcomer at all? I'd be really surprised.
I would be very very surprised.
DK got a rebirth in the recent years, and 2 possible DK newcomers are very popular choices (K. Rool and Dixie).
So if a DK newcomer doesn't happen, I'd say I would be quite angry actually.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
No Mii: Good Lord, yes !
No Takamaru: Actually, I would prefer a more obscure retro character like Hakkun
No Ridley: I won't be upset
No Pac-Man: It's not like I want him
No King K. Rool: There was a time where I really liked this guy. But not anymore, because even Nintendo has forgotten him.
No Palutena: :'(
No Isaac: He's one of my most wanted characters so :'((((

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here's my 45 character roster.
No Shulk, Ridley, Pac-Man, Dixie Kong, or new FE character.
And no cuts. Even though I wanted to.
View attachment 5676
I'd be a little upset if Mii's get in over Ridley and Shulk. I think they both have quite a bit to offer Smash Bros. Overall good roster, but I think you could get away with adding Shulk and Ridley, and still keep it realistic. 48 is a good number in my opinion.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'd be a little upset if Mii's get in over Ridley and Shulk. I think they both have quite a bit to offer Smash Bros. Overall good roster, but I think you could get away with adding Shulk and Ridley, and still keep it realistic. 48 is a good number in my opinion.
My roster is 50 characters actually.
I was just experimenting with a 45 character roster.
Shulk and Ridley are on my 50 character roster, along with everyone else who I said wasn't on my 45 (Dixie, Pac-Man, New FE character).
Although I may try to cut it down to 48. I feel like a FE character is inevitable, it's just such a touchy area that I really don't want to get into it.
4 DK characters is more likely than most think.
I still believe the "Leaky 3", albeit a little bit.
And Shulk and Ridley are two very exciting and plausible newcomers.
So I kind of want to keep it 50, but I'm not sure.

And yeah, Miis would be disappointing over Shulk and Ridley, but Miis were bound to happen anyway.
They're one of the newcomers that I'm most sure about, and I think that's for most people too. It's just a matter of who wants to admit it and who doesn't.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
My roster is 50 characters actually.
I was just experimenting with a 45 character roster.
Shulk and Ridley are on my 50 character roster, along with everyone else who I said wasn't on my 45 (Dixie, Pac-Man, New FE character).
Although I may try to cut it down to 48. I feel like a FE character is inevitable, it's just such a touchy area that I really don't want to get into it.
4 DK characters is more likely than most think.
I still believe the "Leahy 3", albeit a little bit.
And Shulk and Ridley are two very exciting and plausible newcomers.
So I kind of want to keep it 50, but I'm not sure.
Ah yes. It's 50 with PKMN Trainer, Sheik, ZSS. (actually I think it's 49)

I think you could go up to 13 newcomers without getting crazy, bringing the roster to something like 53 characters if we're talking no cuts.

If you're looking for my input, I would pick one of K.Rool or Dixie instead of both, and I would also avoid a third Fire Emblem (although I still think Chrom is most likely, but think Marth and Ike can represent it well as it is)

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
D

Deleted member

I took a trip to the MarioWiki for curiosities' sake in regards to 3D World and the Toads.

....as if the whole concept of "the Toad" wasn't bad enough, it seems the editors are off their rockers; they're claiming the Blue Toad in the game as not "Blue Toad" from NSMBW and NSMBU, but as the "Toad". And Captain Toad? Apparently he's a different Toad than the "Toad Brigade Captain" (who is said to be the "Toad").
It just goes to show how ridiculous the whole "Toad" ordeal has become. :laugh: Everyone is "Toad" except when they're not!

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice
Link deconfirmed for being in soul caliber 2.
As well as Mega Man deconfirmed for being in Mega Man Power Battle Series, a few Capcom VS games (mainly the Marvel vs. Capcom series), Street Fighter X Tekken (in his "Bad Box Art" form). Donkey Kong deconfirmed for being in Punch-Out as a boss, Sonic deconfirmed for appearing as a playable character in Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle and Snake deconfirmed for appearing in Dream-Mix TV World Fighters as a playable character.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Your reaction to: No Mii, No Takamaru, No Ridley, No Pac-Man, No King K. Rool, No Palutena, No Issac?
Mii: surprised he was not in, but meh. I don't care
Takamaru: there are better retros. Lip and Muddy Mole to name 2. Yay, better retro.
Ridley: NOOOOOO! I can't lick the tears off YouTube/Miiverse/GameFAQs /IGNs faces!
Pac-man: meh. Now I can get Professor Layton
K. Rool: Makes room for Cranky Kong.
Palutena : Makes room for Hades
Isaac: I'd actually be kinda disappointed.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
No Mii: Thank GOD. Also, I guess that half of the leak was false.
No Takamaru: Huh...what retro character are we getting instead, if any at all?
No Ridley: K. Rool had better be in the game or my interest in buying the game vanishes. I guess he'll have to wait for Sakurai to stop directing Smash, then hope for another guy who makes the right choice. And damn it, the Too Bigots are going to be unbearable now.
No Pac-Man: Good. Get fan support on Mega Man's level and then you can be added, rather than stumbling in arse-backward based on Namco developing the game.
No King K. Rool: Ridley had better be in the game or my interest in buying the game vanishes. And damn it, what with Retro's obsession with lame Kremling ripoffs, K. Rool could become DK's Captain Syrup now. Hopefully he's at least a boss here so he can keep at least some prominence in Smash.
No Palutena: That's a little odd, but hey, maybe people blew her chances out of proportion because Sakurai developed Uprising, or maybe more classic characters took priority.
No Isaac: This is hardly surprising, given his fanbase's decrease in size since Brawl, and he's currently one "New Series Rep" out of many.
No Little Mac: What the actual ****?!
No Mewtwo: What the actual ****?!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
What do you guys think are the chances of getting both K. Rool AND Dixie Kong?
I've had both on my roster for a while, and I am just now rethinking it.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
No Mii: Thank GOD. Also, I guess that half of the leak was false.
No Takamaru: Huh...what retro character are we getting instead, if any at all?
No Ridley: K. Rool had better be in the game or my interest in buying the game vanishes. I guess he'll have to wait for Sakurai to stop directing Smash, then hope for another guy who makes the right choice. And damn it, the Too Bigots are going to be unbearable now.
No Pac-Man: Good. Get fan support on Mega Man's level and then you can be added, rather than stumbling in arse-backward based on Namco developing the game.
No King K. Rool: Ridley had better be in the game or my interest in buying the game vanishes. And damn it, what with Retro's obsession with lame Kremling ripoffs, K. Rool could become DK's Captain Syrup now. Hopefully he's at least a boss here so he can keep at least some prominence in Smash.
No Palutena: That's a little odd, but hey, maybe people blew her chances out of proportion because Sakurai developed Uprising, or maybe more classic characters took priority.
No Isaac: This is hardly surprising, given his fanbase's decrease in size since Brawl, and he's currently one "New Series Rep" out of many.
No Little Mac: What the actual ****?!
No Mewtwo: What the actual ****?!
No mewtwoo? What the heck? What character are we going to have instead? A goomba!?

This is not official, I believe?

D

Deleted member

It's a logical assumption we're getting at least ONE of them (or Cranky). Both? Maybe. Or one and Cranky.
Or go all in and both and Cranky (which would be perfect IMO), but that's rather farfetched.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
No Mii: :/
No Takamaru: :|
No Ridley: :|
No Pacman: :D
No King K. Rool.: :|
No Palutena: :'(
No Isaac :/
No Little Mac: o_O
No Mewtwo: o_O

D

Deleted member

The label is incorrect; Punch-Out has fighting in it, but it isn't a fighting game.
EDIT: It could be argued that the Wii game's multiplayer mode is the fighting game "part", though.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
What do you guys think are the chances of getting both K. Rool AND Dixie Kong?
I've had both on my roster for a while, and I am just now rethinking it.
I find it reasonable considering the credentials of both are strong for the roles they'd fill in-game (though I am admittedly more hesitant to pigeonhole Dixie as a semi-clone after Rosalina). What I don't find reasonable is "Oh, they're interchangeable, exactly the same because they Rep DK, so just choose whoever you prefer." That's crap.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
No Mii: I can deal.
No Takamaru: Ooh, can't wait to see which retro gets in instead!
No Ridley: Are you kidding me?
No Pac-Man: Awww, that stinks.
No K. Rool: That's it. I quit.
No Palutena: You'll regret that.
No Isaac: Eh.
No Little Mac/ Mewtwo: *jumps off bridge*

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I find it reasonable considering the credentials of both are strong for the roles they'd fill in-game (though I am admittedly more hesitant to pigeonhole Dixie as a semi-clone after Rosalina). What I don't find reasonable is "Oh, they're interchangeable, exactly the same because they Rep DK, so just choose whoever you prefer." That's crap.
You could go two ways with Dixie Kong and Rosalina.
You could say that Sakurai is looking at recent installments and more females.
You could also say that Sakurai is looking for more unique characters.

D

Deleted member

In a perfect world, we'd have Dixie, K. Rool, and Cranky as Newcomers.

But we don't live in a perfect world, do we? :laugh:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Prefer Mach Rider since it's Takamaru is basically a sword character with shurikens and fireballs, Mach Rider brings something new to the table with his motorcycle, which is more distinct than the samurai. IMO
(Even though we have Wario's bike in existence in Brawl)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
You could go two ways with Dixie Kong and Rosalina.
You could say that Sakurai is looking at recent installments and more females.
You could also say that Sakurai is looking for more unique characters.
Maybe. Or you could say that Sakurai has stated repeatedly that uniqueness and the characters who "dance out at him" are his number one priority, and two of the four known newcomers that passed this bar happen to have made relatively recent appearances in new games.

I'm indifferent between Takamaru and Mach Rider, though if Sakurai could pull off Mach Rider mounted on his bike without "having to install ramps on the stages," I think he'd be the far more unique pick.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Prefer Mach Rider since it's Takamaru is basically a sword character with shurikens and fireballs, Mach Rider brings something new to the table with his motorcycle, which is more distinct than the samurai. IMO
(Even though we have Wario's bike in existence in Brawl)
Should I find ironic that someone who has Takamaru in his sig says this? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom