• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Well, if he's only in one in-series title, Karate Joe seems to be the better representative. Why do you prefer the wrestler?
Karate Joe seems far more generic to me, and his fighting style seems bland.
Wrestler actually appeals to me since the closest we have to a wrestler in Smash 4 right now is Bowser.

I've played KH, and I hate Sora. And Riku.
Better than me. I hate just about everything in it with the exception to the Steamboat Willie world.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I think Rhythm Wrestler simply has a much more appealing design than a drawn kararate dude.
Karate Joe seems far more generic to me, and his fighting style seems bland.
Wrestler actually appeals to me since the closest we have to a wrestler in Smash 4 right now is Bowser
Hmm, are there any other characters that have appeared in all the titles that are popular?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Hmm, are there any other characters that have appeared in all the titles that are popular?
Since the games don't really share any exact minigames or characters with the few exceptions of a few... Not really.

(G-S.N) Chicago Ben

Smash Apprentice
You do realize that Meowth has been planned as playable in every SSB game and still maintains a major role in the anime? He's eons more important than Jigglypuff and HIVsaur.
Thought we already said that Sakurai wouldn't add characters from anime's?
Also that was just ssb64

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Thought we already said that Sakurai wouldn't add characters from anime's?
Also that was just ssb64
Pokemon is a different case. It's a Nintendo owned property. And is it really an anime? Because I see it moreso as of a (No offense) joke.

(G-S.N) Chicago Ben

Smash Apprentice
He added Jigglypuff in 64 and Lucario partially for the anime movies.
He's going to re-add mewtwo and a new gen pokemon to fit the trend for these games.

Guess we're never getting Pikachu or Jigglypuff since they were never terribly relevant in-game.
Just pointing out that was said already. I personally think nearly all of pikachus popularity is from being the main pokemon.
-of the anime

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You do realize that Meowth has been planned as playable in every SSB game and still maintains a major role in the anime? He's eons more important than Jigglypuff and HIVsaur.
Hold it right there. There are rumors that he was considered for Smash 64, in no feasible way do we know if he was planned for Melee, and it's pretty safe to say that due to his Poké Ball status in Brawl he wasn't planned for that game at all.

(G-S.N) Chicago Ben

Smash Apprentice
Just pointing out that was said already. I personally think nearly all of pikachus popularity is from eing the main pokemon.
If it weren't for the anime, most people wouldn't see Mewtwo as almost a shoo-in now, and I highly doubt we are getting a new gen Pokemon, I mean, what important 6th gen pokemon do we have?
Saying it is a in the ssb trend with pokemon characters. Although Mewtwo was the exception.

D

Deleted member

If it weren't for the anime, most people wouldn't see Mewtwo as almost a shoo-in now, and I highly doubt we are getting a new gen Pokemon, I mean, what important 6th gen pokemon do we have?
He's going to re-add Mewtwo and that's it... I don't see why we'd get more.

Also, I'd like to see PT go, and just get Charizard and his MegaEvolutions take over.

It can be a DBZ-esque transforming character. He builds up a meter or something, and can go Mega for a small bit of time. The Megaforme he takes can be picked pre-match. I'd really like that.

Axtran

Smash Rookie
My predictions on newcomers:
Maxwell (Scribblenauts)
Aegislash (Pokemon)
Zoroark (Pokemon)
Geno (Mario)
Lloyd (Tales of Symphony)
Steve (Minecraft)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Okami (Okami Den)
Tails (Sonic)
Siegfried (Soul Calibur)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
He's going to re-add Mewtwo and that's it... I don't see why we'd get more.

Also, I'd like to see PT go, and just get Charizard and his MegaEvolutions take over.

It can be a DBZ-esque transforming character. He builds up a meter or something, and can go Mega for a small bit of time. The Megaforme he takes can be picked pre-match. I'd really like that.
I would not be surprised if the Pokemon Trainer got cut at least partially.

Truer words have never been spoken. That being said, I don't want Meowth in Smash Bros. There are better Pokemon.
Nor do I, but I don't like the anime argument. It's pathetic.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Meh, even though Meowth is an important Pokemon in the franchise, I don't think he brings anything real new besides scratching and money coming out, which is not that impressive IMO.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
My predictions on newcomers:
Maxwell (Scribblenauts)
Aegislash (Pokemon)
Zoroark (Pokemon)
Geno (Mario)
Lloyd (Tales of Symphony)
Steve (Minecraft)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Okami (Okami Den)
Tails (Sonic)