• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hey remember when lyn almost made it as a character :(

Also, Diddy, your drawing is done, but it's not colored, I probably won't since I don't wanna go through the pain of reinstalling my tablet and Photoshop (AGAIN), onto this computer, I'll scan it tomorrow and post it in the BRoom though.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Am the one making the point and trying to argue it. Am not the one who downrightely says 'No' because I don't wanna read / understand another's arguement.
Riiiiiiiiiight.

Well, I think I'm gonna stop there. If I don't put you on ignore I'm gonna get hate for it. It's probably for the best.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
no problem, its what we do:shades:
View attachment 5464
a lot of us (maybe just me actually) know what it feels like believe it or not
This pic just reeks of badassery!! :eek:

Also, Diddy, your drawing is done, but it's not colored, I probably won't since I don't wanna go through the pain of reinstalling my tablet and Photoshop (AGAIN), onto this computer, I'll scan it tomorrow and post it in the BRoom though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If there's going to be name-calling and hair-pulling, take it elsewhere. Somewhere others won't be bothered.

Some people create their own storms, then get upset when it rains. :rolleyes:
I like dis.

The first rule of BRoom....

Everyone does, now pls don't go toward personal stuff or else i'm gonna have to rev up my harley. (don't kill me neon)

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
This is my newset roster. Tell it to me straight: how realistic is it?
Somewhat realistic. I like the organization mostly.

Personally, I have a strange logic I'm beginning to think on.

It's not really equality of sorts, as that's an invalid arguement with no sort of evidence.
With Brawl, it was rather easy to see that Sakurai had capped Franchise Slots at 4 per franchise, with Mario, Pokemon and Zelda getting 4. Kirby and Star Fox got 3. FE and DK got two. If Mario is getting one new slot, this means either two things: A. Sakurai is giving Mario special treatment since it's top dog of Nintendo, or B. The "Magical Slot Cap" will be increased. Now, Mario could of course get 6 Reps, but that's not the question. It's because this Slot Cap is getting back to Melee size, it raises a large question. Melee gave Mario special treatment in the past being the only franchise to have 5 slots (Zelda had 5 characters, but that's being ignored.) Will that be the case this time? Right now, it's too early to tell, seeing as Rosalina is the only newcomer from a veteran franchise. Personally, I think it means that Sakurai will be breaking this cap, and giving some franchises new slots to work with, regardless of newcomer additions in the past. A lot of people argue that Bandana Dee is fodder because "Toad Syndrome" or that "Kirby got 2 New Reps in Brawl." At this point, Pokemon got 4 new characters and 2 replaced slots in Brawl, which was going to be 5, if you count the Forbidden 7 (Which I really do not count at all, just bringing it up as a weird point). It's considered far likely that Pokemon is having 5 slots in Smash 4, regardless of who it is. We've already got Pika, and Jigglypuff is likely a lock at this point (If you want to argue Meowth, I guess you could. But Jiggs has been an all-timer rep, which makes her chances of getting cut very, very slim.) It's left to the other characters and who remains (I think any PT is a lock at this point, new or old). This leaves some little cracks. It's possible we may see 6 Pokemon Slots due to it's mad list of characters, huge significance and other notes. At this point, what I'm really arguing is this (Since I've gotten a tad off topic): I think that we'll see newcomers for some franchises regardless of previous additions at certain times. I'm not specifically noting the Kirby series or DK, but other franchises as a collective whole.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wow, the delusion.
It's not even that I don't understand the side of pro-Sheik. I just don't understand the heavy, unneeded opposition and people their negative attitude about replacements in favor of gameplay balance, importance to the main series, and good character representation.

Oh well, guess since Christmas is over bombs can be throw at the third world each other again by America pro-Sheik supporters! Should've known...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't be hatin' because I'm devoted to my speculation. This IS a thread for debating you know. :p
And you suck at it, that's the worst!

It's like a horrible singer he can sing. It's like a bad artist who think he can paint. And over here, it's you, trying to debate. :smirk:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Sure thing Final, what do you propose the new topic should be?
Shall I propose something out of a random number generator?

1=Fire Emblem
2=Not Zelda Discussion
3=Some other Third Thing
4=Assist Trophies
5=Pokemon

CalumG

Smash Lord
Did my post really get edited for using the phrase "lady-peen"?

Censorship has hit a new low I'm so confused how is that not allowed

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Sure thing Final, what do you propose the new topic should be?

Anything but what we are currently discussing.

How about tonight's Daily Pic, or what next year's will be? If next week will indeed be taken off for a break (I believe Sakurai has done this previously), then it should be the last photo of the year. Also, considering next month if Kirby's Triple Deluxe game, we might fully expect either a King Dedede or Meta Knight announcement, although later in the month methinks.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
How about tonight's Daily Pic, or what next year's will be? If next week will indeed be taken off for a break (I believe Sakurai has done this previously), then it should be the last photo of the year. Also, considering next month if Kirby's Triple Deluxe game, we might fully expect either a King Dedede or Meta Knight announcement, although later in the month methinks.
There are two possible pictures for tonight: Something that has to do with Zelda and/or her moveset, or a Pokemon-related picture for the Bank. I'm hoping for the former, expecting the latter.

I want to learn more about Zelda, see if she is indeed getting revamped.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Anything but what we are currently discussing.

I'm not sure if we'll get a pic tonight as you said, during brawl specualtion sakurai took time off to do whatever, as per next year I don't expect the format to change, it'll still be the pic of the day, newcomer during a direct kinda thing. As for January, I believe king dedede is the most likley to be shown, inb4 i'm told I can't do that because promotion=character is not entirely concrete.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
There are two possible pictures for tonight: Something that has to do with Zelda and/or her moveset, or a Pokemon-related picture for the Bank. I'm hoping for the former, expecting the latter.

I want to learn more about Zelda, see if she is indeed getting revamped.
I heard something about Pokemon Bank being delayed for a while.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I was considering Waddle Dee. But, then I though about Sakurai not being the most open minded when it comes to potential and obviously Toad. So I'm thinking no.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ya know your IGN thread. You post there more often there, I think.

Unless I have you confused with another guy with a similar username.....
No it's the same person lol. I actually do post there more than here (kinda wish I post here more, but damn you guys move so fast)

So, how bout dem female characters?
That reminds me...

How do you guys like the idea of having a Championship match? It's similar to wrestling where a specific character (along with the EXACT attire) can be used to fight specific characters. Maybe something like this:

Smash Championship
Tag Team Championship
U.S. Championship
Japan Championship
European Championship
Women's Championship
Lightweight Championship

Yes, I realize I'm pulling this randomly out of nowhere, but I've been doing this for years and it's a lot of fun.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Whoops, thought I went through and guess I messed up XD

Any new females that might have the best chances? Palutena and Dixie might for me.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If the next character is female, I can bet there is one guy who thinks it's a pattern. Also Divine Deity tried to friend me on facebook. :p

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Welp, Zelda it is. That's cool, I want a new profile picture.
...And now I do. I think I'll go with Tsubaki.

How do you guys like the idea of having a Championship match? It's similar to wrestling where a specific character (along with the EXACT attire) can be used to fight specific characters. Maybe something like this:

Smash Championship
Tag Team Championship
U.S. Championship
Japan Championship
European Championship
Women's Championship
Lightweight Championship

Yes, I realize I'm pulling this randomly out of nowhere, but I've been doing this for years and it's a lot of fun.

I do random things with Smash, and I will say I've done a similar Tag-Team Championship thing with a couple of friends. I also have done Divekick in VBrawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom