• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
1. Please don't take this the wrong way but why do we need a new kirby rep?

2. Also this is more of a general question to anyone but what makes Bandana Dee a plausible character.
1. Maybe because Kirby is one of the most popular and important Nintendo franchises.

2. He is plausible because is important to his series,is popular and is an unique character,maybe the reasons why Rosalina is in the game.

He is not "needed" or 100% likely ,but is a real possibility.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can I say again I'm super hyped for Hyrule Warriors? Not because of Impa (alone) mind you, but I always wanted a Zelda game which took place in a major war. Link being 'general' of Hyrule's knights, and with heavy emphasyse on combat, whilst bringing back the secret sword techniques from Twilight Princess. And I don't think I was alone with these few things, I heard many people ask for these, yet... Nobody seems to be extremely happy we are getting this game.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
\

Fake or real?
I'm going with safe route and calling it fake. I was going to point out that there wasn't a color effect when he attacked Mario but their actually is one visible. It's just the effect looks so blurry, like the rest of the picture.....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can I say again that I really don't want PacMan in the game? Dislike him as much as the Mii.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I apologize for the off-topic statement, but please hear my cries for help.
I realized "rage-quitting" is not a very mature way to show my feelings on the locking of the Gentlemens' RPDT.
So here, I made a petition.
Please sign it, and hopefully we can live to sip tea and snack on scones and caviar another day.
https://www.change.org/petitions/1397239?just_created=true

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
and with heavy emphasyse on combat
Kill enemies like grass is not my definition of "heavy emphasis on combat".

The problem is the effort put into the game, its not at all what people was expecting, it doesnt even have good graphics (in 2013 thats a problem).
They should have just port skyward battle system and create more and better enemies, i definitely will buy that, but this... well, even Zelda 1 have a deeper battle system xD

But yeah, is strange, i though people will love it.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Can I say again that I really don't want PacMan in the game? Dislike him as much as the Mii.
I respect your opinion about Pac Man, but why not the Mii? I would welcome the Mii if we get the option to choose from our custom made ones and not a default or Reggie Mii. There will be hell to pay if I can't play with my Tingle Mii.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why no Mii?

Aside from immatureness, I don't wanna fight any Miis looking like celebrities, cartoon characters, or anything...

I feel the Villager takes enough of the moveset potential the Mii ever had (boxing gloves, bowling ball) and that the Wii Fit Trainer is a much better choice for a 'Wii series' character. Am pretty sure these two characters have already ruled the Mii out. And am also sure the costumisation would be bland and lame, like a toned down Stage Builder. And I doubt that Sakurai would just add one character for costumisation options.

It's just a terrible idea all around I feel.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I like this design:

But this...

Is disgusting.
I would like this pacman instead.

But seriously who thought it was a good idea to give him teeth? He never needed them before when he was eating everything that moves.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Why no Mii?

Aside from immatureness, I don't wanna fight any Miis looking like celebrities, cartoon characters, or anything...

I feel the Villager takes enough of the moveset potential the Mii ever had (boxing gloves, bowling ball) and that the Wii Fit Trainer is a much better choice for a 'Wii series' character. Am pretty sure these two characters have already ruled the Mii out. And am also sure the costumisation would be bland and lame, like a toned down Stage Builder. And I doubt that Sakurai would just add one character for costumisation options.

I can agree with the Mii potentially being the equivalent of a toned down Stage Builder, but I wouldn't let immaturity ruin something for me because you'll find people people like that anywhere. Online and in real life. And trying to censor everything or discontinue content (Swapnote) as well as catering towards a single audience that can be taken for babys or sensitive towards suggestive content (what nintendo's doing already) is not something Nintendo or Sakurai should be trying to force on everyone as a whole. We all know they're not targeting the immature people in the world but there will be someone trying to ruin it for everyone else.

Also that Mii would mostly cause a problem if it had a suggestive name to go with it. Other wise casuals wouldn't think twice about it, from far away at least.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Why no Mii?

But tis your only chance to play as Impa, Diddy! :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wanna continue talking about Hyrule Warriors. Which characters you guys think are gonna be in?

Given ones imo are:

Zelda
Impa
Din
Faore
Nayru
Ganondorf

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Well I officially quit SmashBoards, considering that the very idea of being smart was shut down as it was deemed a joke.
What a great Christmas gift from N3ON.

I guess I'll go make my own website.
Smartboards.

Oh wait that that's a classroom object.

GentlemenBoards.
Yeah. That good.

Bye everyone!
You so mad. ♪

Don't let it bother you too much.
I'm sure the mods have nothing personal against you.

The ones here are nothing compared to the mods on Serebii.net Forums SPPF. (at least back in 2007-2008)

Waddle Dee.
Secret guest characters from other Nintendo games would be cool...
Maybe Grovyle/Sceptile? ...Yeah, I wish.

Not Sheik, that's for sure.
Are you trying to be Diddy 2.0 or something.

----

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am actually not so sure about seeing Vaati ever again outside of a Four Sword game...

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
3DS Roster.png

Made this with the sidebar. I'd be fine with it, even if it's missing K. Rool, Medusa and Ridley.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dude, I like you. But I hate that roster with a furious passion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If the Groose gets loose, that would be awesome!

Not sure if we should expect any other Link or Zelda variation aside from regular 'vanilla' Link and Zelda.

BUT! I would like to see Orca, the spear dude from Outset Island who thought Link how to handle a sword in Wind Waker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom