• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't really know much about Tingle, but what can he provide as a character that makes him distinct from other characters?
Tingle has balloons, bombs, bodyguards and some very weird friends.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Do any of you guys even expect a fourth Zelda character?

I mean, Tingle is awesome, but most people have seemed to have changed their mind on literally everything, not sure on anyone's opinions anymore.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone think Smash will get it's own character? I mean it is a Nintendo game. We could get Tabuu, a Smash 4 Adventure Mode character, or Sandbag.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Do any of you guys even expect a fourth Zelda character?

I mean, Tingle is awesome, but most people have seemed to have changed their mind on literally everything, not sure on anyone's opinions anymore.
Both Melee and Brawl have had 4 Zelda characters (5 counting Sheik). Why would SSB4 not have 4?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Throwing in my 2 cents on Tingle.

Of supporting cast members in Zelda, hes up there with Impa, but that being said, a fifth zelda rep is unlikely by itself so I dont expect to see him. I, personally, dont believe he will be in smash for a couple reasons: his hate base and his limited appearances.

While Tingle does have a large fanbase, he also has a hate base as well. Not saying that every character will be affectedby this, but his hate base is notably larger than most, id say on par with Waluigi. It comes down to the question should they add Tingle while they can add someone else who would be a better fit for a Nintendo allstar fighter, popularity wise.

He also has a limited number of appearances, and its not that limited appearances will affect inclusion, but how the character uses that inclusion. Tingle is essentially a shopkeeper for maps and doesnt do much else. On top of that, visiting him was gruelling (at least for me) because of the distance needed to travel and the fact that my hard earned rupees Would go to that cheeky guy.

Anyways, his role isnt very important, so I dont think he'll be included.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Does anyone think Smash will get it's own character? I mean it is a Nintendo game. We could get Tabuu, a Smash 4 Adventure Mode character, or Sandbag.
I kinda like the idea of a playable Sandbag but only if it's made to be the last unlockable character like Mr. Game&Watch in Melee.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Maybe we can get the beta character for the Dragon King game that eventually turned into smash bros? That'd probably sound interesting. He could even keep the 64-bit look to him

?????????????

Smash Master
Derp.

I meant a fifth not including Sheik.
Not sure. I really expected a 5th Pokemon, and I thought that if they did that, it was very probable they'd have a 5th Mario...and they do!

For Zelda, I don't feel as strongly about it, but I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't say that I "expect" it per se, but I would expect it MORE than a new, say, Star Fox or Kirby character.

And I think Tetra has a good shot at it. Or at least some form of that concept.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Maybe we can get the beta character for the Dragon King game that eventually turned into smash bros? That'd probably sound interesting. He could even keep the 64-bit look to him
That would be pretty cool but highly unlikely.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
If we don't include Sheik, then there's always room for Impa. :cool:
Even if I fully agreed with Impa, I'd still tell you to shut the ****ing **** up about her. You are clearly obsessed beyond belief it's pissing everyone off and making me want her less and less.

Like honest to ****ing god! You have said NOTHING today that didn't involve Impa. Give it a rest!

?????????????

Smash Master
I myself have always been highly disinterested in having an original SSB character playable. I'm open to the opinion and idea of it, but in my mind, that's worse than playable Miis.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Don't know why people are expecting a new character from The Legend of Zelda series.
It's one of the most critically acclaimed video game series ever and Nintendo's fourth best selling series. It probably deserves another character.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I would not mind an original character if they are well designed and they have a role in one of ssb4 modes. Like if they were a midboss in classic, or they were an important character in the melee style adventure mode (which is what im hoping for in the adventure mode section should this game have one).

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Don't know why people are expecting a new character from The Legend of Zelda series.
I don't, but I wouldn't be shocked. Okay, I'd be pretty surprised, but it wouldn't be absurd so long as it's Vaati. I mean Vaati is the only character left that would make sense. In terms of roles he's next in line in importance.

It's one of the most critically acclaimed video game series ever and Nintendo's fourth best selling series. It probably deserves another character.
It does, but clearly doesn't need it, has Sheik, and there's not much to pick from at all.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I don't, but I wouldn't be shocked. Okay, I'd be pretty surprised, but it wouldn't be absurd so long as it's Vaati. I mean Vaati is the only character left that would make sense. In terms of roles he's next in line in importance.

It does, but clearly doesn't need it, has Sheik, and there's not much to pick from at all.
I think Vaati is pretty important to LoZ, and would still be pretty unique, kinda like Rosalina.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Smash Bros character?

The only true option I can think of is Metal Mario. But give him some kind of shapeshifting powers, or make it a random character like Mokujin.

Other than that, meh...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
6th.

Why can no one count anymore?
People are only counting characters that get their own slot. They would most likely count Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard as one character.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Pretty sure Rosalina threw importance right out the window.

If importance mattered, it would've been Toad or Bowser Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom