• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
To start a new topic:

With the surprising reveal of Rosalina, how would people feel with the new DK rep was Cranky Kong?

Personally, I love the idea!
I mentioned yesterday that I find Cranky and Dixie probably more likely at this point than K. Rool. Again, there definitely needs to be a mass re-evaluation of which characters, from the big and well-known series in Smash, will be the newcomers.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I still don't think Cranky has much of a chance. A playable role in a new game doesn't automatically get you in, as we've seen with Toad. Difference between Mario and Donkey Kong is that Donkey Kong is still missing parts of its core cast, Mario doesn't.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I mentioned yesterday that I find Cranky and Dixie probably more likely at this point than K. Rool. Again, there definitely needs to be a mass re-evaluation of which characters, from the big and well-known series in Smash, will be the newcomers.
Yeah. Now that we have Rosalina, we pretty much have to keep an open mind. Let's no throw logistics out the window, but relying on it like we have has gotten us kicked in the nads at least twice.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I starting to doubt that K. Rool will be in the next smash if not this one, i might as well just give up trying to support him, even though it would be a dream come true if he did get in.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Yeah, in my opinion K. Rool is absolutely hideous. He'd need a new design for me to use him even sometimes. Cranky would be cool, I think.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I said it before:
I don't know, maybe the best situation for Cranky is for K. Rool to be a boss so Cranky can be the DK newcomer, while Dixie is either tag-teamed with Diddy or her own character.
Then in Smash 5 K. Rool can be playable. :p
Of course, I wouldn't mind if K. Rool was in Smash 4.
Nice way to get with the times.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I bet sheik's going to be in hyrule warriors. Why wouldn't she be? I mean, screw canon. we got King Dodongo rolling around Hyrule Field.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I bet sheik's going to be in hyrule warriors. Why wouldn't she be? I mean, screw canon. we got King Dodongo rolling around Hyrule Field.
I read that as King Dedede. First I'm stripped of my Kirby and Mario Kart crossover, and now I thought I'd get a Kirby, Zelda and Dynasty Warriors crossover. Kirby crossovers get out of my head!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Your ignorant about Impa just for the fact you said she is becoming a staple in the Zelda series. She is and has been a staple. She's been around since the 8-16 bit days. She has always been a supporting and minor role, just like Toad. She is the Zelda series' Toad.

And if Impa is a fighter in Hyrule Warriors, you really think that Ganondorf or even Sheik won't be in some form?

Plus she has 1 game to somehow pull moves from as you suggest, not 2, seeing as Hyrule Warriors just got announced and I highly doubt Sakurai would just give her a sword to make her stick out -___-
Except that Impa hasn't been in Smash yet as Zelda's Neutral B aka meatshield. She does have the potential to be her Down B though, swapping in for her instead of transforming into Sheik. That works to for me! Only 'downside' is that Impa has to become playable that way...

Yes I'm pretty certain Sheik won't be in this game to. Her only role ever was Ocarina of Time. This'll likely remain so. Besides, Zelda herself is apperantly taking a passive role like usual. And even if Zelda would be a fighter, who gives Sheik would be even in?

@Wariofan:

Keeping it short here, read your whole post though.

I don't see what serious competition Impa faces. Vaati? Tingle? Toon Zelda? Ghirahim? The villains are redundant with Ganondorf in, Tingle has a hatebase, Toon Zelda is screaming clone.

As with unique abilities of Impa, she can cast strong barriers, throw Deku Nuts, has magical abilities, and with a little creativity shadows and invinsibility could be part of her moveset. She also has a longsword in Hyrule Warriors apperantly. And her Ocarina of Time design also shows her with some ninja weapon of sorts. Essentially, she's a Sheikah Sage, aka Ninja Magician, with a sword. How can one not make an awesome moveset out of this? Her poses also suggest kung fu-like fighting style. In a way, she can offer all these abilities in one. I really doubt any Nintendo character but if there is, it's gonna be the most obscure of the most obscure.

I waited indeed 2 years for some sort of acceptance of this fanbase. So in that way, I've faced my sheer of trouble. Especially since I've been here mostly doing this by myself. No-one really shows a lot of vocal support for Impa, but I've seen it more than enough though! People are just affraid to speak up cause of this whole 'might replace Sheik' thing and the whole hypocrycy that is that 'veterans are holy, do not touch'.

Am keeping my expectations in check though. However, I can't help but really love to see the fanbase turn around and see some new Impa support even after such a long time of downpression. And of course a bit of smugness is in there to cause... I told them all after all. ;)
Zelda is taking a passive role. Don't see it happening.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The argument that Sheik has not been in a game since OoT is awful.

That didn't get her cut from Brawl. So why would it now? Not to mention, OoT 3D is a recent game that only adds to the value of that game to Nintendo as a whole.

Sheik ain't getting cut.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
She does have the potential to be her Down B though,
How does that even work? That concept only makes you realize how much more sense it would make if it was Sheik which it is according to Sakurai.

That didn't get her cut from Brawl. So why would it now? Not to mention, OoT 3D is a recent game that only adds to the value of that game to Nintendo as a whole.

Sheik ain't getting cut.
Yeah, OOT3D totally destroys the argument. As if Ocarina being the most significant Zelda game didn't already. I don't understand the concept of Impa in Smash AT ALL!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tag-team possibilities. Heck, with Rosalina in and her Luma, picture both Zelda AND Impa onscreen at the same time. Down B = Switch. How simple can an idea get? Still, am supporting Impa mostly as a separate character. Though am cool with her being a tag-team, a Sheik replacement or separate character with Sheik intact.

If you don't understand, why blast it off like you do? Shouldn't you try to understand things first before you say it's a terrible idea? This sort of mentality is causing the world to be such a ****ed up place as it is.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
To start a new topic:

With the surprising reveal of Rosalina, how would people feel if the new DK rep was Cranky Kong?

As long as K.Rool gets in ahead of him, I'm fine.

Sheik ain't getting cut.
IIRC, wasn't Sheik supposed to be in TP

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik was supposed to be in Twilight Princess yes. Though, now we have a conflicting source saying it's not like that. Sakurai himself however said it was drafted for TP (Sheik's design). Considering there was no TP Impa (she was mentoined though) and Sakurai finalised the roster for Brawl in 2005. One with a clear mind can assume that that was the reason Sheik was chosen. Especially considering her late reveal, and a sprt of 'excuse' from Sakurai that Sheik was in.

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai never said it was drafted for TP, only said it was created during TPs development. When combined with Hyrule Historia claiming that it was created for Smash, it's not impossible that TPs design team knew that Sheik would be in Brawl, and created a design for her at the same time as everyone else so that she'd have the same design style as Zelda.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
One could argue that, considering how Link is still mostly based on his Brawl incarnation, the same could happen to Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf.

And Impa is better off as a standalone character than a Sheik replacement. Screw the recency and relevancy bull**** that some people around here spew on a daily basis. It has been proven that Sakurai doesn't care about recency when it comes to characters.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
In no way did Sakurai ever excuse or say anything bad about the inclusion of Sheik. Relevancy really doesn't mean squad, and even if it did Sheik always has OoT3D. I really don't get the problem with Sheik being in Smash Bros, it's a pretty damn popular character after all.

D

Deleted member

Sheik was never planned for TP.
A design was merely drafted up for Smash during development.

Even if skinny twig Impa was in TP, Sakurai still would have gone with Sheikah Zelda given the gimmick is by mode not by actual characters.

You want Derpa so bad, pray Sakurai sees an interesting style and adds her as the 5th character while leaving Zelda alone.
If the only thing she's worth is to take Sheik's style for the case of "relevance" like you constantly preach, she ain't happening.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Beating a dead horse again, are we?

I'll change the topic then. Seeing that all of the newcomers revealed till now have completely new movesets, would it be wrong to say is uniqueness THE most important factor for a newcomer? That kind of seems to be the case about Rosalina. She is a minor character compared to Toad or Bowser Jr, yet Sakurai figured out a unique way to use Lumas in her moveset, and she made it in before them.

If it is the case, this is bad for a Fire Emblem newcomer, or looking at the current topic, Impa.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I still want kamek. he's unique enough. and yoshi needs more reps.

inb4 golden or something insists that kamek is a mario rep not a yoshi one.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Beating a dead horse again, are we?

I'll change the topic then. Seeing that all of the newcomers revealed till now have completely new movesets, would it be wrong to say is uniqueness THE most important factor for a newcomer? That kind of seems to be the case about Rosalina. She is a minor character compared to Toad or Bowser Jr, yet Sakurai figured out a unique way to use Lumas in her moveset, and she made it in before them.

If it is the case, this is bad for a Fire Emblem newcomer, or looking at the current topic, Impa.
It wouldn't be wrong, probably uniqueness now stands as a big factor, given the low amount of newcomers we might get, Sakurai might want a more unique diverse cast more than ever.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bowser Jr. also has his magic brush. He could always use it to spread damaging graffiti at opponents. While people might think that we won't see more than 5 Mario reps, you need to remember that in Brawl, the Pokemon Trainer owns three Pokemon, which does add up to 6 playable Pokemon.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
To start a new topic:

With the surprising reveal of Rosalina, how would people feel if the new DK rep was Cranky Kong?

I would be fine as long as Dixie appears in some playable fashion. Whether it be on a tag-team with Diddy, or as an alt for Diddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom