• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just whipped up a fast roster, Post Rosalina. Thoughts?

If there's any little changes I would make, it'd be to add Rachel or Nell from Nintendo Wars.

Note if there's any Brawl Cuts, notify me, there isn't supposed to be. (Well, except Snake.)
Amazing roster! Love that Diddy icture to! Excellent choices on DKC, Pokémon, Fire Emblem and Zelda. Would've prefered if Isaac was on it though instead of Shulk but oherwise, would definitely play!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Just whipped up a fast roster, Post Rosalina. Thoughts?

If there's any little changes I would make, it'd be to add Rachel or Nell from Nintendo Wars.

Note if there's any Brawl Cuts, notify me, there isn't supposed to be. (Well, except Snake.)
wolf approves.png

I really like this roster, I would die a happy canine if this was the final outcome,
1000/10

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Seeing King K. Rool on all of these lists makes me sad, please Nintendo, put him in a game already...

I'm going to put Balloon Fighter BACK on the table.

Because if Luma sets the stage for STARFY, then Villager easily sets the stage for BF.

Not only that, but Balloon Fight being one of the featured games for NES REMIX is just another proof of how important BF franchise is to Nintendo. (NES Remix, Nintendoland, Warioware Smooth Moves, the list is growing).
Outside of the fact that I've seen the opposite suggested, what does Luma have to do with Starfy chances? The characters aren't integral with each other and both would likely work differently considering Luma is a partner character vs. Starfy most likely being on his own.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
K.Rool won't get into a Nintendo game. Capcom owns him, duh. :smirk:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Here's a lil' list of the characters who I don't think'll return
Most likely not returning:
:pt: :wolf: :gw: :rob:
Prrrooobably not returning, 50/50:
:ike: :lucario:
Oh god please dont take them out:
:lucas: :popo:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Seeing King K. Rool on all of these lists makes me sad, please Nintendo, put him in a game already...

Outside of the fact that I've seen the opposite suggested, what does Luma have to do with Starfy chances? The characters aren't integral with each other and both would likely work differently considering Luma is a partner character vs. Starfy most likely being on his own.

I don't know. I don't know much about Starfy, but I've seen some comparisons a while back saying that if anything, Luma's appearance COULD also work in favor of Starfy due to Sakurai sometimes including characters with similar builds/abilities (Kirby-Jiggs)

So borrowing this logic, I say that Balloon Fighter could be the Jigglypuff to Villager's Kirby (if that makes any sense).

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
We're all ignoring the biggest news here. The new Chibi-Robo game is being released internationally, which means Chibi-Robo confirmed, which means size doesn't matter, which means Ridley confirmed! :troll: Also we need more manly characters.
Flowing blonde hair and a purple ponytail aren't manly at all.
10 points from Gryffindor.

Sakurai is striving for interesting movesets. Now if only he will axe Toon Link...
After saying "strive," I am so tempted to make a King Harkinian joke.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Want to know more about K.Rool? Check the Mario Super Sluggers page. :troll:
How Ironic, I was just playing this game with a friend not too long ago, and we both found it odd that he was in the game.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
- The Kanto Trainer is pretty popular and has unique mechanic, and the GEN 1 starters are well loved.
- Wolf isn't all that much of a clone, despite what people think
- G&W is a two time veteran, do you have a reason for this one?
- ROB is an important figure in Nintendo history
- Ike is the only lord besides Marth to star in two FE games, and is still a popular character and is in a better position than Roy was
- Lucario is still a popular pokemon

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Pokemon Trainer has a unique playstyle. People generally find it annoying, but it can be improved.

You just don't think G&W will return 'cause he's black, ain't it?

R.O.B...uh... I don't think he's likely to leave.

Lucario and Ike are kinda iconic. Not so sure if they'll be replaced by a new "flavor of the month"

I agree with the Ice Climbers staying, but why Lucas? I figured you'd put him in the "Probably not returning" section.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Sigh...why must people cut Snake?

Sakurai said that nobody has been cut yet. In case you don't know how business works, contracts must be dealt with.

Do you REALLY think that Sakurai would agree to include Snake, but then at the last second tell Kojima, "OOPS. SOWWY. NO TIME LEFT!"

Nope. That's not how it works. If Snake is planned (which I don't see why he wouldn't be) then he is already in the game.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
When I get bad comments on YouTube videos, I always have to make the difficult decision on if I should bother replying, or try to ignore it.

"You forgot to say Mewtwo and Lucario have very similar movesets and having both would be redundant and would nullify why Lucario was added in the first place. Mewtwo was already cut and your putting him back which would be too messy by having mewtwo in two games but not in the one between these two games, what are you going to do when the next super smash bros comes out. MEWTWO IS NOT GOING TO BE IN SSB4 HE WILL PROBABLY KEEP ITS STANCE AS JUST A TROPHY OR BECOME A POKEBALL POKEMON. If Mewtwo is cut he is cut forever."

"You for got to make room for 2 more playable characters because their's going to be 50 playable characters in the roster and we herd that Snake isn't returning in Smash, just what Shokio just said."

"as im said BEFORW>.......RIDLEY IS A STAGE HAZARD!!! SAKUARAI SAID ' a foe from the past will appear at any time' and on pyroshere stage...SO RIDLY = NOT PLAYBEL"

The image I wanted to share somehow didn't loaded so I had to use another one.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

Sakurai said that nobody has been cut yet. In case you don't know how business works, contracts must be dealt with.

Do you REALLY think that Sakurai would agree to include Snake, but then at the last second tell Kojima, "OOPS. SOWWY. NO TIME LEFT!"

Nope. That's not how it works. If Snake is planned (which I don't see why he wouldn't be) then he is already in the game.
I remember a similar thing said in the pacman forum:smirk:
But yeah, i completely agree. If the contract is there, its not going to be broken by time constraints. That would give nintendo the reputation of being hypocritical again, like back in the days when namco and nintendo didn't get along well.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

I'm assuming you are referring to me and my latest roster... and I can see why you consider it strange how I have cut Snake.

I have my own personal thoughts on why Snake might be cut. I didn't put him on my latest roster because of the recent stances that Konami has made regarding Nintendo Hardware as a whole. Kojima and Sakurai are likely still friends, but Konami as a whole has disregarded the Wii U.

I can see Snake returning, but then again, I'm really skeptical. I'm against a lot of cuts, but he's the only character that I really have became skeptical upon as of late. I can understand some people griping at me for not including him, it's a gray area.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Bit by bit here
The Kanto Trainer is pretty popular and has unique mechanic, and the GEN 1 starters are well loved.

This is true, and gen 1 starters are back in the spotlight once again thanks to Mega-Evolution, however, I feel slots for pokemon are well contended, there are other equally as popular, as well as more recent Pokemon who would fit in just fine. It'd also be easier on the Sm4sh crew to have one or 2 totally new pokemon instead of redoing Squirts/Ivy/Charizard and the PT himself.

- Wolf isn't all that much of a clone, despite what people think
I'm still scratching my head as to why Wolf made it in to begin with, honestly. Was it due to the popularity of Fox/Falco in Melee? I've played Starfox, and Wolf is cool! I like him, just, in Smash? I never once considered him a contender, and I'd be floored to see him come back. Chalk this one to personal taste.

- G&W is a two time veteran, do you have a reason for this one?

Ness was going to be scrapped for Lucas in SSBM, I don't really feel Vet. status would apply to G&W's chances. I feel they've done what they needed to with him is all.

- ROB is an important figure in Nintendo history
Yeah, I'll give you that one.

- Lucario is still a popular pokemon
As are Zororark and Sylveon. It'd be easier to replace Lucario, who was more of a representative for Diamond and Pearl, than it would be to replace Jiggs.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't think 1 or 2 new flavors of the Poke-month got anything on Red (the most famous Pokemon Trainer, and arguably the 2nd most popular Pokemon character in the GAMES just after Pikachu). Charizard, one of the top 5 most popular Pokemon, Squirtle, with anime fame, and... well Ivysaur.
Not to mention the void would be evident if he were to leave because he was in Brawl's boxart. It's different from cutting a low priority hidden character for a more popular from the same series.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Scattered thoughts:

--S. Jones is on the money re: Snake. Snake's either definitely in or definitely not in, and we have no real reason to believe the latter will be the case thus far, whereas Sakurai's happiness with how well he was received in Brawl is solid evidence toward the former. He's certainly not going to cut Snake now on the grounds that "LOL he doesn't fit."

--It's parodic how people are using Rosalina of all people as evidence that the E3 leak is false. But oh well, if something contradicts one's preconceived notions on how a leak or a reveal should be, it's obviously full of s***.

--Another thought on Rosalina: Now that a Mario series newcomer is revealed, let's, one, stop acting as thought "Sakurai is looking to add as many new series characters as possible," and two, as though all veteran series characters like Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena, etc. are all doomed (as it was fashionable to claim in the wake of Toad's second disconfirmation).

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I don't know. I don't know much about Starfy, but I've seen some comparisons a while back saying that if anything, Luma's appearance COULD also work in favor of Starfy due to Sakurai sometimes including characters with similar builds/abilities (Kirby-Jiggs)

So borrowing this logic, I say that Balloon Fighter could be the Jigglypuff to Villager's Kirby (if that makes any sense).
I guess, I can't say I agree with that, though admittedly I'm not familiar with Starfy to really say.

This is true, and gen 1 starters are back in the spotlight once again thanks to Mega-Evolution, however, I feel slots for pokemon are well contended, there are other equally as popular, as well as more recent Pokemon who would fit in just fine. It'd also be easier on the Sm4sh crew to have one or 2 totally new pokemon instead of redoing Squirts/Ivy/Charizard and the PT himself.

As are Zororark and Sylveon. It'd be easier to replace Lucario, who was more of a representative for Diamond and Pearl, than it would be to replace Jiggs.
I'll just stick to the Pokémon here as I have to get back to studying, none of the other Pokémon candidates have anything on Lucario or especially PT and his Pokémon. Lucario has become much more then just "that DP rep," he keeps making continued appearances past that and has secured himself major roles in merchandise, advertisement, the anime, mangas and even the games themselves as one of the posterboys of Mega Evolution and having a part in the main game's plotline, something that many other Pokémon cannot attest to. GF is still pushing him despite DP being over and not even Zoroark (which was intended to replace him but failed) or Sylveon (which hasn't really shown outside of Eevee merchandise) have managed to reach that level of popularity or backing ignoring current Smash veterans.

Same with PT to a greater extent, regardless of how much resources he needs, the characters PT brings are staples in the franchise representing the (initial) protagonists and the starter Pokémon, and are easily among the most popular Pokémon (or THE most in the case of Charizard) and protagonist in the franchise. PT's also a unique character which Sakurai greatly favors and admitted to wanting to do since Melee. PT's way too important and popular to his franchise to really be removed outside of time constraints.

Gune

Smash Lord
Pokemon isn't getting anybody new all were getting is mewtwo that I'm sure of, so PT or Lucario aren't getting replaced.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Top 5 characters I want in the game.

#1. Wrestler (Rhythm Heaven)
#2. Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
#3. Rhythm Girl (Rhythm Heaven)
#4. Marshall (Rhythm Heaven)
#5. Little Mac

jmani89

Smash Rookie
now we talkin
Screen shot 2013-12-18 at 11.29.00 PM.png

i hope g&w and r.o.b. both return
i really like them as characters

lucas i could care less about
and i only want lucario to return because i main him in brawl

MagnesD3

Smash Master
My Current Roster Prediction (I still believe the e3 rumor)

Wouldnt be surprised if bayonetta made it in instead of pacman if the rumor is fake, also wouldnt be surprised if king boo or paper mario snuck their way in or if dixie and diddy were separate characters, or if impa replaced sheik or if jr. came with no shadow mario.

P.S. I think the Mii trailer will have a Reggie Mii being used that way technically reggie is i the game.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
@Bluepikmin omg dude that hamburglar gif XD, I'm gonna laugh if you changed your pic to a hamburglar avi.

... Oh did someone say samba de amigo?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My Current Roster Prediction (I still believe the e3 rumor)

Wouldnt be surprised if bayonetta made it in instead of pacman if the rumor is fake, also wouldnt be surprised if king boo or paper mario snuck their way in or if dixie and diddy were separate characters, or if impa replaced sheik or if jr. came with no shadow mario.

Now this is a roster I'd definitely enjoy for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom