• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I think the implication is that this would mean that you right now are already Mega Bidoof of the future, which would mean that every prediction you've already made is correct.
Precisely Pizzadudeman! Although 10 minutes ago te BluePikmin account did not exist in my timeline.
Everyone here has memories of BluePikmin being here since January, while to me he just popped up right now, as I know I will come back in time and make the account.

Make sense everyone?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
What are the Top 5 "Most considered likely" characters that you really doubt will get into Smash? (EX: Chrom, Pac-Man, Little Mac, Ridley, Palutena)

Mine (in no particular order):

5. Pac-Man
4. Chrom
3. Shulk
2. Bowser Jr (and I was right)
1. Uh, someone else...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Precisely Pizzadudeman! Although 10 minutes ago te BluePikmin account did not exist in my timeline.
Everyone here has memories of BluePikmin being here since January, while to me he just popped up right now, as I know I will come back in time and make the account.

Make sense everyone?
maybe you accidentally blocked him a while ago now he's unblocked and you see him.

?????????????

Smash Master
What are the Top 5 "Most considered likely" characters that you really doubt will get into Smash? (EX: Chrom, Pac-Man, Little Mac, Ridley, Palutena)

5. Pac-Man
4. Chrom
3. Shulk
1. Uh, someone else...
Boy, that's tough to say. I don't know if it's that I really doubt these ones or just wouldn't prefer them, but the ones that come immediately to mind are Palutena, Pac-man, Roy...and that's all I got.

Besides YouTube commenters who tell me there absolutely MUST be Kalos Trainer, Pangoro, or Hawlucha.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

5. Pac-Man
4. Chrom
3. Shulk
1. Uh, someone else...
5.Palutena
4.Ridley
3.K.Rool
2.Shulk
1.Bowser Jr.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Amigo is awesome. Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing made me super interested in SEGA games. Which is why I currently own Chu Chu Rocket.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Amigo is awesome. Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing made me super interested in SEGA games. Which is why I currently own Chu Chu Rocket.
Maybe we can have the Sega jingle be a song in Smash 4.

It can just be "SEEEEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" looping over and over again until the match is over.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master

5. Pac-Man
4. Chrom
3. Shulk
1. Uh, someone else...
For me it would be Chrom, Shulk, and Bowser Jr. I can't think of anyone else.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

5. Pac-Man
4. Chrom
3. Shulk
1. Uh, someone else...
I like this.
In an actual order.

5. WAAAAAAAAAALuigi Time. (Most of my friends thought this guy)
4. Pac-Man
3. Issac
2. Some Fire Emblem Awakening Character.
1. Miis.

I was about to Ridley this, but I honestly thought of a new arguement. When Sakurai was talking about how something might appear any second with Biosphere/PyroSphere, similar remarks were made about the Galaxy stage. Maybe it's not coincidence....

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Remember what I said about Blue being me from the future?
I lied.

I am actually from the future were mixing multiple humans DNA is possible to make a new person, even if those two people are the same gender.

Let me get to the point.
I'm a genetic combination of Reggie Fils-Aime and Chuck Norris, AKA The Most Perfect Human ever knwon.
I have Chuck Norris' god-like strength, and my Body is ready to use it.

I come from a work were the Earth is being taken over by the casuals, and Rosalina being in Smash 4 caused this. Since all the casuals has Maruo Galaxy, they went and bought Smash Bros 4 right away just because it had Rosalina. They mastered Smash 4, while still being and acting like casuals. They didn't know what all the moves were called, they just evolves and became naturally good at every video game.
Soon it started to spread. Casuals were taking over businesses, then the government, and then te world.
Now I am in hiding, and I was attempting to say characters like Bowser Jr. Would be in, so they could rise in popularity and Rosalina wouldn't be in.
But it is too late.
The whole Earth is damned.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Hello all. With a new character it's time to put on the old analysis hat one more time.

So, Rosalina is an interesting choice. When you think about it, it makes sense. Besides perhaps Toad, she is the character with the most exposure. She appeared in the two Galaxy games and 3D World as well as the Mario Kart games. So outside of the characters in Smash she is the most important. What's interesting is she didn't seem that popular though there is two things to consider. First, there is the fact that she wasn't popular at all like I said. If that is the case, then popularity has far less weight than it did in other games (see next paragraph). The other thing is that she is popular but the data is wrong. That data I'm referring to is things like Shortie's polls and Chronobound's observations. I heard someone mention from the subReddit that she is popular and GameFAQ seemed to like her. So if that is the case, I would say you'll have to rely on word of mouth. I wouldn't look too much here and instead move out to Reddit, GameFAQs and 4chan. It's going to be the best place for information. I feel like our info is flawed.

I mention popularity because if you look at Brawl (and Melee to an extent), the new additions were the most popular. Characters like Wario, Sonic, Olimar, Diddy and Dedede were all popular choices. However, they were also the most important characters in their respective series and to Nintendo as a whole. However, there may be a bit of a disjoint this time. See, Brawl was kind of a gap. Melee could only add so many characters due to the time frame of development. Brawl was also 6 years after Melee. So Brawl filled in the game. But SSBWU doesn't have the same issue. Most of the most important characters who could be in were covered in Brawl. So this is how we end up with a character like Villager. WFT and Rosalina are both characters who couldn't be in Brawl because they weren't around during the time the game was made. In contrast, this game may not come out until late 2014 so it can capture stuff like Pikmin 3 and Sonic Lost World. As an aside, there will likely be stuff for Yarn Yoshi, Kirby Triple Deluxe and Tropical Freeze. As far as character, the ones people should focus on are important and/or current. So look at the characters made from Brawl to now. Some though on the characters: Little Mac would make sense with a new Punch-Out game. There is also Palutena and other Kid Icarus characters. There is Xenoblade and Shulk but the issue is how important is the series. It got a puzzle panel so it's clear they care about the series plus the Monado on Sakurai's twitter. There is also Dixie Kong who is appearing in Tropical Freeze. There is the possibility for Pikmin 3 characters but it remains to be seen. There is also Rhythm Heaven and the eShop games. We've only seen three Nintendo characters and Megaman so it's early to make a lot of assumptions. This is something to keep in mind. There may classic characters as well or characters like King K Rool who is a well liked and popular character from what we know.

Lastly, this reveal pretty much puts the old 6 character rumor to bed. The guy said Pac-Man, Mii and Little Mac were to be shown off at E3. When they didn't appear, they were pushed back. Over 5 months later we get Rosalina and a ton of returning characters. This is also along side the fact we have a Punch-Out stage since June. It would make sense to show one of those three soon. If they planned to show them at E3, why did they not show them in the last 5 months (they were likely far enough along to show off) and then show off a totally different character they didn't plan on showing off 5 months ago. So this is pretty much dead.

So there is that. I'd also try to look outside this place for popularity. I didn't see Rosalina talk and she's int he game. Something is off.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Just whipped up a fast roster, Post Rosalina. Thoughts?

If there's any little changes I would make, it'd be to add Rachel or Nell from Nintendo Wars.

Note if there's any Brawl Cuts, notify me, there isn't supposed to be. (Well, except Snake.)

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Who is Nell? Why Ganon instead? and where are my Lucs??
Nell is from Advance Wars but you can consider her even older, her "first incarnation" was in Super Famicom Wars (where the first Commanding Officers appeared) and was called Caroline where she was a CO with the special ability of Luck that even in the new games still have.

Ganon, yeah why not he is from the first games and even in the new ones he appear as a boss with Ganondorf, he has a incredible moveset with plenty of games at his disposal and if you think about it he is very important but overshadow by Ganondorf (I think is one of those options where most people overlook but in the end make sense like ZSS, WFT and Rosalina).

Lucas was sacrificed to inject new blood to the roster and get it different with new series.

I only think that cutting Ganondorf and Lucario is meh. Mad props for adding Nell, though. I'm making a new roster right now, will get it done likely tonight or tommorrow.
Well Ganondorf is liked by many people but was not played enough because of his moveset and really weird mechanics to the point where he was unbalanced in a bad way (being the weakest and most difficult to play), so knowing Sakurai he will not change the character but maybe add another version of him that could possible bring something more unique and a different moveset than his counterpart.

Lucario was difficult for me but I still need to add some characters to my consideration would be unique and bring their universe with a great gameplay.

I´m glad that you consider Nell a great addition to the roster.

.n_n.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
5. Ridley
4. Krystal
3. Roy
2. Dillon
1. K. Rool

Omitted all the Mario characters because they're soon going to stop becoming frequently suggested.
Also left out characters like Shulk and Isaac who, at least to my knowledge, aren't usually presented, even by their supporters, as overly likely candidates, while the ones above tend to be (at least by their supporters).

Sometimes, when I'm feeling down...

I'll just watch the opening movie to Samba de Amigo over and over again.
I do that with Katamari Damacy.
It's magic. :awesome:

?????????????

Smash Master
Oh, I forgot Dillon. He would be on my Top 5 list too.

Obviously, if I don't even REMEMBER him, he must not be on my mind.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

5. Pac-Man
4. Chrom
3. Shulk
1. Uh, someone else...
Here are my 5:

5. Snake
4. Snake
3. Snake?
2. SNAKE?
1. SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKEEE!!!!!!

But seriously:
5. Toad (I WAS RIGHT!)
4. Pac-Man
3. Tetra/Toon Zelda
2. Shulk
1. An obscure retro choice (as much as I want N64)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I like this.

I was about to Ridley this, but I honestly thought of a new arguement. When Sakurai was talking about how something might appear any second with Biosphere/PyroSphere, similar remarks were made about the Galaxy stage. Maybe it's not coincidence....
Yeah, plus if he was a stage hazard, he would probably be already be shown as Stage Hazards have been known since E3, plus the stage was here for months and nothing. Just wait E3 2014, and we will probably see Ridley, don't quote me on this, though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Rosalina's confirmation is another way of Sakurai showing how unpredictable he is. Also, I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of another Mario character, although I do think six or more Mario characters would be overkill and an unlikely possibility.

I was directing that at sakurai, mind you, now you know what it was, not a blaming game. NOW DROP IT or i'll find something to put the blame on you
Sounds like you're butthurt over Rosalina's inclusion, judging by your previous posts.

Suppose it's not incorrect to say that this happens with every character reveal, especially newcomers...

(Also, I have a new avatar.)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm going to put Balloon Fighter BACK on the table.

Because if Luma sets the stage for STARFY, then Villager easily sets the stage for BF.

Not only that, but Balloon Fight being one of the featured games for NES REMIX is just another proof of how important BF franchise is to Nintendo. (NES Remix, Nintendoland, Warioware Smooth Moves, the list is growing).

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35

5. Pac-Man
4. Chrom
3. Shulk
1. Uh, someone else...
1. Mii
2. Pac-Man
3. Palutena
4. Ridley
5. Roy

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Rosalina's confirmation is another way of Sakurai showing how unpredictable he is. Also, I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of another Mario character, although I do think six or more Mario characters would be overkill and an unlikely possibility.

Sounds like you're butthurt over Rosalina's inclusion, judging by your previous posts.

Suppose it's not incorrect to say that this happens with every character reveal, especially newcomers...

(Also, I have a new avatar.)
Yet, I found it pretty predictable, with all of the promotion for her to me it was a given, I actual called her reveal for the direct.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
As for the 5 characters I honestly don't think will happen:

1.-Ridley
2.-K.Rool
3.-Chrom (to a lesser extent... we've had 3 similar spacies, so...)
4.-Pac Man
5.-Paper Mario

A honorable mention goes to Palutena, but in the end, she may end up getting in... But I did not put her in this list due to the Rosalina curveball.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
We're all ignoring the biggest news here. The new Chibi-Robo game is being released internationally, which means Chibi-Robo confirmed, which means size doesn't matter, which means Ridley confirmed! :troll: Also we need more manly characters.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom