• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ah Dudley, is my new SSFIV main. I'm better with Guile, but I just like Dudley slightly better, so I keep trying.
(Usually, I main boxer characters in fighting games. It's a new trend of mine)

If Little Mac is in the game, I'll be maining him for sure. :)

And ugh.. Ryu... We got Mario and Luigi for shotos, we don't need anymore of those. XD

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If that is the case, I do question why he is so reluctant to change up Ganondorf.
There's always time constraints. the best he could have done in a short amount of time was to change the moves a little bit. Not saying that happened, but it's possible. Or he just likes poking fun.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
If that is the case, I do question why he is so reluctant to change up Ganondorf.
Most likely because he wasn't looking to overhaul anyone in Brawl, seeing as most characters who changed got very minimal changes at the most. However it looks as if characters are getting some well-deserved changes, like Pit with his Uprising gear and Bowser's overall stance, speed and change of overall playstyle.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Wait a minute... this was actually on the Brawl Dojo? So Sakurai himself is aware that people hate his cloniness.
For Brawl he even made it a rule that Toon Link must have all of the same specials as Link with different properties:

[collapse=Brawl Dojo Toon Link Bio]
Those who have played Link should enjoy playing Toon Link, too. As a rule, the special moves are the same.​
The abilities themselves have various differences, but in the main, the only things that have changed are the following:​
He runs fast!!​
His attacks are speedier, but at the expense of more modest strength.​
He’s lighter in the air—like a feather!​
His head is bigger, but his body is smaller!​
He doesn’t use kicks!​
Well, I guess his legs are a little too short... All he can do with his feet is throw people judo-style.​
His most distinctive midair attack is the downward strike. This down midair attack causes him to dive onto opponents, so it’s great in battle.​
Strike from above!!​
Also, he’ll take a step forward when he does a second side smash attack. Ah, it feels so good.​
His range of attack to the rear is good too.​
<Side Special Move: Boomerang>​
You can change the way the boomerang travels with this attack. Aim up or down by tilting the Control Stick up or down. That much is the same as Link.​
However, this isn’t the Gale Boomerang, so it doesn’t wrap foes up. It does have the ability to go extremely vertical, so it’s a more adaptable throwing weapon.​
Of course, the design is different, too.​
<Down Special Move: Bomb>​
Toon Link’s bombs are also a little different from Link’s.​
Look at the smoke from the explosion!​
The attack strength of Toon Link’s bombs is lower than Link’s, but the big difference is that since no one can see them well, they tend to take a brief glance and think they’re weak attacks.​
But since the blast radius is greater than many people judge, it's easy to hit with these bombs...and easy to get caught in their explosions yourself. Use them with care.​
The blast radius is twice as big as Link’s.​
[/collapse]

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Who is Dudley? XDD

The best Street Fighter character to ever be made. That's who.

Eeyup. :troll :

...Does anyone want to talk about what moves you want to be "luigified", and how they would be luigified?

-----
I feel that Lucas could have another special attack that's different enough from Ness. Maybe change his Down-B. Falco could use a different kind of gun, something that could be angled, that'd be cool. Ganon should get a projectile too replace his Warlock Punch. Maybe have the Wizard's Kick shoot straight down when used in the air. And give him a few more unique punches and kicks.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
His neutral aerial is a sex kick.

Toon Link's incarnation in Project M is supposed to be a composite character of Smash 64 Link and Young Link, with some original flare thrown in for good measure.
Yes but always seems strange for me, and know after sakurais rules it really makes me think.
I never like his PM nair btw, brawl nair was almost cool.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
First off, i'd like to apologize for earlier. It was unnecessary for me to take jabs at SaturnGamer. I may not agree with what he said I do when i'm here, but regardless, I should've stopped from saying anything.

On topic, I have a theory. Could it be possible that we get 3 revamped movesets (Bowser, Ganondorf, Falco maybe) and would technically get new movesets along with 12+ newcomers?

Sorry if this is messed up. I'm on my ipod.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
First off, i'd like to apologize for earlier. It was unnecessary for me to take jabs at SaturnGamer. I may not agree with what he said I do when i'm here, but regardless, I should've stopped from saying anything.

On topic, I have a theory. Could it be possible that we get 3 revamped movesets (Bowser, Ganondorf, Falco maybe) and would technically get new movesets along with 12+ newcomers?

It could happen.

Well Pit is revamped too if I'm not mistaken. Put your point still stands. I'd be really excited to see what Ganon can do this time around. Heck, I'll even be exited for him being as good as Melee Ganon.(who I think was mid-tier. Right?) I don't think Ganon will be completely revamped. But I can see a few more original attacks being added to his moveset. And Falco, well I feel in Brawl he was made different enough from Fox, but a different Final Smash would be cool. Also, maybe a different gun.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Yes its totally possible, I mean if they had time to work on alts they could certainly revamp movesets along with the 10+ newcomers, imo i'd say they are working on the veterans first.

Louie G.

Smash Hero

Hey Scoliosis, did you post the Super Smashboards Roster?
I missed it if you did.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hey Scoliosis, did you post the Super Smashboards Roster?
I missed it if you did.
Yes I did.

The first installment was:
Golden
Xenoblaze
Chronbound
SaturnGamer
Me
Swampasaur
JohnKnight
Mario & Sonic Guy
Super Smash Bros Fan
Bkupa
...i forget who else

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yes I did.

The first installment was:
Golden
Xenoblaze
Chronbound
SaturnGamer
Me
Swampasaur
JohnKnight
Mario & Sonic Guy
Super Smash Bros Fan
Bkupa
...i forget who else
I found it. Can't wait till Melee. The only explanation why Saturn wasn't Luigi is because you're saving him for someone else... Hmm...
Oh, and PS. Can I do one too? Because I made the original thread and stuff. I really wanted to get one done, but then they locked it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I found it. Can't wait till Melee. The only explanation why Saturn wasn't Luigi is because you're saving him for someone else... Hmm...
Oh, and PS. Can I do one too? Because I made the original thread and stuff. I really wanted to get one done, but then they locked it.
Yea sure. I have to re-download roster maker to continue with it.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If you do, I want to be on it.
I think I'm known enough.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I would like Wario (with a Wario-Land moveset), Jigglypuff (with a few addtional moves inspired by the fairy type), and maybe Toon Link (to diversify his moveset with items from Wind Waker and other Toon Zelda games) to get a revamped moveset. I can't really think of anyone else.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Me and some of the guys on Team Bidoof thought of a cool gimmick for Wario.
His B is somewhat of a transformation move.
He switches from his biker outfit to an explorer outfit.
He would represent the WarioWare and WarioLand games.
As a biker he would have his Brawl moveset. Minus the bite, that would e replace with te hat switch.
And as an explorer he would have a new WarioLand based moveset.
This idea was brought up by Louie, where we all added on to it a bit.
What do you guys think.

Exactly who are you? I've never seen you around before. :troll:
Go fall in a game over pit.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
For Ganondorf? Most people agree they want more than a luigification....

Or do you mean people in general.
Characters in general.

But on the topic of Ganondorf:
Warlock Punch should be the same, but you should have the option to press B again while charging to release the energy early as a projectile that acts similarly to the projectiles used in "Dead Man's Volley".

Pressing B at the top of the jump during Dark Dive should cause Ganondorf to spin his cape and reflect projectiles. Pressing B quickly after starting Dark Dive on the ground should do the same thing.

Not sure how Wizard's Foot could be luigified, but I hope I think of something.

Me and some of the guys on Team Bidoof thought of a cool gimmick for Wario.
His B is somewhat of a transformation move.
He switches from his biker outfit to an explorer outfit.
He would represent the WarioWare and WarioLand games.
As a biker he would have his Brawl moveset. Minus the bite, that would e replace with te hat switch.
And as an explorer he would have a new WarioLand based moveset.
This idea was brought up by Louie, where we all added on to it a bit.
What do you guys think.
That...would actually be kinda cool, but I'd miss Wario's Chomp attack.
I hope Sakurai does something like that, but I'm not expecting it.

Go fall in a game over pit.
That's harsh. When you fall down a bottomless pit, you slowly die of starvation...

-----

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Characters in general.

But on the topic of Ganondorf:
Warlock Punch should be the same, but you should have the option to press B again while charging to release the energy early as a projectile that acts similarly to the projectiles used in "Dead Man's Volley".

Pressing B at the top of the jump during Dark Dive should cause Ganondorf to spin his cape and reflect projectiles. Pressing B quickly after starting Dark Dive on the ground should do the same thing.

Not sure how Wizard's Foot could be luigified, but I hope I think of something.

That...would actually be kinda cool, but I'd miss Wario's Chomp attack.
I hope Sakurai does something like that, but I'm not expecting it.

-----
The chomp would go to PacMan for obvious reasons.
Web though Sakurai probably won't do it, there's always Project Bidoof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom