• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Quick question: let's say a 4th party manages to get in.
Who would it be.
I'm just asking for a thing I'm doing.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
A Brain Age stage makes pretty much so much sense since there is a Nintendogs stage.
But it's pretty hard to think of a stage. Perhaps it can take place in the Brain Age Menu, then hazards come as it changes into different brain training games.
A Brain Age stage is perfect. That's what needs to happen. NOT a playable character. Brain Age doesn't even warrant a playable character.

I think the trolling would be Dr. Kawashima being revealed.
During a random Nintendo Direct, there could be a Dr. Kawashima trailer in the beginning of the direct, people at first would have no clue why Dr. Kawashima is there, until they show footage of Kawashima fighting Mario. Then the Brain Age Menu music plays.
If I actually saw Mario fighting Dr. Kawashima, I think I would laugh my balls out through my mouth! It'd be so hilarious and stupid. :rotfl:

What makes you say that? There's nothing wrong with him, he actually fits all criteria. You guys will never realize his potential if you keep ignoring. :rolleyes:

Here lies SaturnGamer64
1996-2013
(Literally laughed himself to death)

Your reaction:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If I actually saw Mario fighting Dr. Kawashima, I think I would laugh my balls out through my mouth! It'd be so hilarious and stupid. :rotfl:
That sounds........ Painful.

Just because you hate Kawashima, I'll but him in Project Bidoof.

Imagine Wii Fit Trainer and Kawashima together.
The ultimate mix of mind and body.
They cannot be defeated.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
That sounds........ Painful.

Just because you hate Kawashima, I'll but him in Project Bidoof.
I don't hate Kawashima, but you have to admit the concept of a floating polygon head of a real person in a game like Super Smash Brothers is hilariously dumb beyond belief.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Banjo Kazooie, just the Nintendo version, not MS
That's 3rd party not 4th.
4th means not from a video game

I don't hate Kawashima, but you have to admit the concept of a floating polygon head of a real person in a game like Super Smash Brothers is hilariously dumb beyond belief.
Hilariously dumb is my middle name if you haven't noticed.
So I think he'd fit perfectly in a project Bidoof.
Though he would look weird in sprite form

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hello, everyone. How is everyone doing? I thoroughly enjoy the new item we got, I'm happy he showed us something.

Stages? Well, a Galaxy and Bowser Castle Stage for the Wii U is a must. I'd like a continuation of the Pokemon Stadium as well. The Pokemon Stadium can be a stage on both systems, while we have a Poke Floats II on the Wii U and a possible X/Y stage on the 3DS. Lumiose City, maybe?

I always wanted a DKCR stage where we fight as silhouettes with a sunset in the background.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
For the people that say Dr. Kawashima he is to obscure and that no one requests him, they are wrong, in Japan has great popularity, has been requested in the times of Brawl and the series is really big on sales.
.n_n.
He's been requested since Brawl? O-o
Where can I find that information?
This would help alot with the thread.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I've done about an hour's worth of research, and I've come up with a list of potential characters and the dates they could appear on:

- Toad (November 22nd) (Super Mario 3D World)

- Bowser Jr. (November 22nd or November 15th) (Super Mario 3D World or Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games)

- Waluigi (November 15th) (Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games)

- Zelda with or without Sheik (November 22nd) (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)

- Ganondorf (November 22nd) (The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds)

- Captain Falcon (November 21st) (F-Zero anniversary)

- Yoshi (November 21st) (Super Mario World anniversary)

- Ung....Mii (November 7th) (Wii Sports Club)

Anybody else you guys can think of reasons for?
Pretty much. There's also a Punch-Out!! anniversary on the 21st, for the franchise just starting to appear on the home consoles. But that's really it. I thought something Pac-Man related was supposed to release tomorrow, though. I can't find the source, but that's what I remember, if I'm correct.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
In a nutshell, he wants Paper Mario.
Bowser Jr. is where it's at.

Honestly, I'm fine with whatever Mario character. They could include Toad as the Blue Toad that's been appearing, and give him the full red costume, but that's my thought on the matter. (I'd rather have Toad/Bowser Jr. before any other Mario newcomer, though)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Ummm, excuse you? Instead of just looking obnoxious, perhaps you would like to elaborate on why you don't think that's a possibility.
Learn to take a joke, dude. I'm not trying to be rude.

And Toad being playable is simply illogical. If Sakurai plans the roster ahead of time then why would he make one of the playable characters also a human shield for another character? Even if you had a blue Toad it wouldn't make sense. A lot of people like to hope Sakurai will change the move set, but again Sakuria would have planned this ahead of time. Why would he change his mind in the middle of development to add a character who was previously just a human shield to him? This isn't like Sonic The Hedgehog, the most requested iconic character.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm actually a scorpion.
And I'm not a man.

I'm actually a men.

Old joke.

Morbid is a girl?

Huh...

That aside, what else did I miss?
I remembered that she revealed that she was a girl around a few weeks or a month ago.

Also, Toad. I'm not a fan of him, but he seems like the next logical choice for a new Mario character.

-----

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

And Toad being playable is simply illogical. If Sakurai plans the roster ahead of time then why would he make one of the playable characters also a human shield for another character? Even if you had a blue Toad it wouldn't make sense. A lot of people like to hope Sakurai will change the move set, but again Sakuria would have planned this ahead of time. Why would he change his mind in the middle of development to add a character who was previously just a human shield to him? This isn't like Sonic The Hedgehog, the most requested iconic character.
Why wouldn't it make sense for them to add the Blue Toad? Technically, they're about as different as Toon Link and Conductor Link.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Because Sakurai is a :troll:

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601

Need you be reminded that Sakurai said himself that the movesets are not set in stone yet? You can't just disregard that and claim he won't make changes. I said Toad was a possibility, and that's all I think he is. Like you, I think the next Mario rep should be Paper Mario.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
C'mon, having Dr. Kawashima as a playable character is a brilliant idea (we could even get Haunter
as his alternative costume :awesome: :troll:)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So how's everyone doing?

Happy birthday Golden. Found out over at the Turtle Dojo boards. :D

I like Toad for the conclusive Mario representation. Bowser Jr. I'm ok with. :)
Not really a Paper Mario fan, but I can say for certain that I rather have Waluigi over him. XD no offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom