• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Veteran for sure, probably yoshi, peach, wario, or Zelda.

What would you guys think of say alph from pikmin replacing Olimar with the same moveset? Because from what I have seen (don't quote me on this) Olimar hasn't been shown in pikmin 3 yet which is being heavily promoted. I also by the same moveset I mean including rock and flying pikmin also.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Me either for sure. I also wouldn't mind. But I'm sure some people would mind even if they did have the same moveset.
The only real differences are that Pink Pikmin and Rock Pikmin will replace the White and Purple. The Pink could also potentially replace the recovery.

D

Deleted member

I won't see Pac-Man as a "bad" addition because he isn't.
He's just as good an inclusion as Mega Man, and I'm getting real sick of biased people saying otherwise.

EDIT: Honestly, with the entire leaked list, the only "bad" character is Wii Fit Trainer. But even then, she's "bad" only because no one expected her. This picture sums up her inclusion nicely:

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
He's just as good an inclusion as Mega Man, and I'm getting real sick of biased people saying otherwise.
He's definetly not a bad addition at all. A lot of people prefer other characters such as myself, but I'll be the first one to admit that he has definetly earned a spot in this game. I am fine with little Mac and pacman being added, they are fine and have quite the following. Mii on the other hand I really could do without but I can handle it, I'm sure they will still be entertaining to play as.

But I totally agree, people who don't think pacman has earned his spot into the game need a reality check. He probably be the second most wanted third party regardless of whether namco was helping with the game or not.

Why is everyone dropping snake???
For one thing we do not know sakurais policies on third parties at all, it could be the case that neither snake or sonic were even considered for this game due to them being the guests of the previous game. Other than that there have been reports of sakurai limiting third parties, and pacman sonic and of course megaman all seem more likely than snake. Them adding 4 third parties seems unlikely at this point. Past that it seems that the game has a more Juvenile aspect to it, and snake is a character for mature audiences, he never really fit with brawls cast and he would fit in even less in this game. Lastly, third party status aside, he still seems to be one of the more likely characters to get cut if sakurai needs room for newcomers.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I found out that Noah seems to have been banned. I'm disappointed.
Pac-Man would be kind of bland, but I'd like to see his Final Smash.
The main reason I'm intrested in Pac-Man is to see what stuff he'll bring along with him.

If he gets in, I hope they put in music tracks from Mario Kart Arcade GP and Galaga Arrangement.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Aren't white and purple still in pikmin 3? Still I could see those pikmin getting replaced, because seven different types is a lot.
Oh really? i didn't see the Pikmin 3 part of the Direct because of the lag skips and i kept forgetting to watch the Pikmin 3 part on Youtube.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Actually, Miyamoto confirmed that Olimar will appear in Pikmin 3. It was posted in the Smash 4 general thread, I don't want to dig it up. I think Olimar will remain.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
He's definetly not a bad addition at all. A lot of people prefer other characters such as myself, but I'll be the first one to admit that he has definetly earned a spot in this game. I am fine with little Mac and pacman being added, they are fine and have quite the following. Mii on the other hand I really could do without but I can handle it, I'm sure they will still be entertaining to play as.

But I totally agree, people who don't think pacman has earned his spot into the game need a reality check. He probably be the second most wanted third party regardless of whether namco was helping with the game or not.

For one thing we do not know sakurais policies on third parties at all, it could be the case that neither snake or sonic were even considered for this game due to them being the guests of the previous game. Other than that there have been reports of sakurai limiting third parties, and pacman sonic and of course megaman all seem more likely than snake. Them adding 4 third parties seems unlikely at this point. Past that it seems that the game has a more Juvenile aspect to it, and snake is a character for mature audiences, he never really fit with brawls cast and he would fit in even less in this game. Lastly, third party status aside, he still seems to be one of the more likely characters to get cut if sakurai needs room for newcomers.
Well I'm hoping none of the non clone characters get cut...

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Actually, Miyamoto confirmed that Olimar will appear in Pikmin 3. It was posted in the Smash 4 general thread, I don't want to dig it up. I think Olimar will remain.
I actually just looked it up and yeah Olimar will be included in the story of pikmin 3. I know Olimar will likely go down in history as the face of the pikmin game but since I also read that he will not be playable in pikmin 3 so if they do decide to add the rock and flying pikmin which they most likely will alph would make more sense, since as far as we know Olimar never directly makes contact with these new pikmin.

One thing I could see happening is Olimar being exactly the same without the two new pikmin types and instead the rock and flying pikmin are an assist trophy where the flying pikmin fly up and drop the rock pikmin on people, that would be pretty cool I think.

Well I'm hoping none of the non clone characters get cut...
In my opinion if it comes down to bringing back a few unique veterans or adding a few new newcomers in the end I prefer and expect that the veterans will be dropped. I mean come on would you prefer a character that they choose to cut to be a character whose moveset is not playable in any smash game, or a character who has already been in a game or two?

Anyway there is always DLC for those cut veterans. Sakurai doesn't have any DLC planned yet, but I bet by the time the game is released we will get info of some veterans returning as DLC.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think I saw Olimar in the multiplayer of Pikmin 3, player 1 was Alph and Olimar was player two. And yeah, it was confirmed that Purple and White Pikmin will return. Though I wonder how prominent they will be this time. Well if Pikmin is getting a rep in Smash 4, then chances are that Olimar will still represent the series, He was the star of the first two games and will have some kind of presence in the third. But I do like to think the newer Pikmin will be implemented into Olimar's moveset. Flying Pikmin would make a good recovery option. And his old Up-B can act as a tether grab like Link's.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I think I saw Olimar in the multiplayer of Pikmin 3, player 1 was Alph and Olimar was player two. And yeah, it was confirmed that Purple and White Pikmin will return. Though I wonder how prominent they will be this time. Well if Pikmin is getting a rep in Smash 4, then chances are that Olimar will still represent the series, He was the star of the first two games and will have some kind of presence in the third. But I do like to think the newer Pikmin will be implemented into Olimar's moveset.
I thought I just read that he was confirmed to be not playable, just in the story (other than some bingo thing or whatnot, haven't played pikmin reeeeeally should). The only playable characters to my knowledge are alph, Charlie, and brittney

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I thought I just read that he was confirmed to be not playable, just in the story (other than some bingo thing or whatnot, haven't played pikmin reeeeeally should). The only playable characters to my knowledge are alph, Charlie, and brittney

That's What I'm talking about, it looks like he's in the multiplayer mode. Where some kind of Bingo thing is implemented.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Olimar won't get replaced. The fact he's appeared in three games is already a showing indicator. "BUT TK HE'S NOT THE MOST RECENT MAIN PROTAGONIST ANYMORE" and for Villager guess what design they did use - Here's a hint: It's not New Leaf's design. Unlike other games that probably won't have as much influence as we think on this title, New Leaf actually had many chances to give itself the new look to Sakurai.

Wait a minute. Noah was banned? I'll miss the derp. Oh well.
Yaaaaaaay

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Olimar won't get replaced. The fact he's appeared in three games is already a showing indicator. "BUT TK HE'S NOT THE MOST RECENT MAIN PROTAGONIST ANYMORE" and for Villager guess what design they did use - Here's a hint: It's not New Leaf's design. Unlike other games that probably won't have as much influence as we think on this title, New Leaf actually had many chances to give itself the new look to Sakurai.

Yaaaaaaay
"BUT TK HE'S NOT THE MOST RECENT MAIN PROTAGONIST ANYMORE"

Just kidding. I know Olimar is by far the face of the series and will likely go down as such, but the issue stands if sakurai wants to implement the new types of pikmin when it could likely be the case that Olimar may never come in contact with these pikmin. So if they do want to implement the new pikmin, replacing Olimar with alph could happen just because it makes sense.

I also like the idea of having Olimar have only his pikmin and having the new pikmin being an assist trophy but no one commented on that... People never comment on my good ideas :(

Oh and yay that's all I have to say (I checked his profile just to make sure and sure enough, but what does the (6 points) next to the banned mean?)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
No one has surprisingly has commented on my roster yet.
Well this can be the case:
Made a division between versions, 35 all veterans and 2 3rd parties (Pac-Man and Megaman) are in both versions. But some are in different versions for various reasons. There are 48 characters total in both versions. (Oh and credit goes to Rebllious Treeko for the slots.)

3DS VERSION ROSTER

WII U VERSION ROSTER

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
No one has surprisingly has commented on my roster yet.
Well this can be the case:
Made a division between versions, 35 all veterans and 2 3rd parties (Pac-Man and Megaman) are in both versions. But some are in different versions for various reasons. There are 48 characters total in both versions. (Oh and credit goes to Rebllious Treeko for the slots.)

3DS VERSION ROSTER

WII U VERSION ROSTER
The roster will be the same on both versions actually.

4 Kid Icarus characters are a stretch, by the way. Same for the two Punch-Out!! characters.
I don't think Bayonetta will be in. Not when Sakurai has strict rules for third party characters.

D

Deleted member

Olimar appears in Pikmin 3 already with the multiplayer mode.
P1 is Alph, P2 is Olimar.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Olimar will be included. It's silly to think otherwise! He's the staple of the Pikmin series, even if he isn't the main character of Pikmin 3.

Also hi.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm still intrigued by the fact that there only Wii U screenshots for both WFT and the Villager.
Sakurai would have made 3DS/WiiU Screenshots for both the WFT and Villager during the time of making the trailer. But there's also 3DS/WiiU screenshots for Megaman too, why didn't the Villager have 3DS screenshots? He had a CGI moment in the trailer, but no time for 3DS screenshots. It just seems suspicious to me.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I'm still intrigued by the fact that there only Wii U screenshots for both WFT and the Villager.
Sakurai would have made 3DS/WiiU Screenshots for both the WFT and Villager during the time of making the trailer. But there's also 3DS/WiiU screenshots for Megaman too, why didn't the Villager have 3DS screenshots? He had a CGI moment in the trailer, but no time for 3DS screenshots. It just seems suspicious to me.
But it isn't suspicious because Sakurai specifically states that the rosters will be exactly the same. Maybe their models for the 3DS aren't complete, yet.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Now that it's been confirmed that there wont be crossplay, version exclusive characters wouldn't be that surprising. I still find the idea of version exclusive characters stupid as all hell though.

I also don't expect there to be version exclusives. I'm just saying that it wouldn't be that surprising.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't understand why people like to read too much into these things, even after Sakurai's comment on the roster being same in both versions.

The Villager and WFT might not have been ready in time for the trailer. Simple as that.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
While it's true the character would deserve a spot due to iconic status alone, it's more like the character lacks a "wow" factor so to speak. It doesn't help that we already got a "hammer space fighter" in the form of Villager, because that would of been the most notable characteristic Pac-man could of used. If the character is going to be added, there is going to have to be a really effort put into the character to be entertaining.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I don't understand why people like to read too much into these things, even after Sakurai's comment on the roster being same in both versions.

The Villager and WFT might not have been ready in time for the trailer. Simple as that.
But will the roster have the same characters, the same roster size, or both?
Still unsure on that.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Both games will have the same roster.

Both games will have the same library of characters.

Are these even the same statements?

Both trucks will have the same exact logs.

Both trucks will have the same pack of logs.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Both games will have the same roster.

Both games will have the same library of characters.

Are these even the same statements?

Both logs will have the same exact logs.

Both logs will have the same pack of logs.
Do you even English? :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom