• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
Ok now I remember. Only seen him like twice, so I was having a tough time figuring out who he was. Thanks guys:)

evilsmashbrosfan

Smash Cadet
50 honestly isn't that bad. We shouldn't expect more than that however. The only newcomer on that roster that seems a little unlikely is Saki and maybe the pairing of Jr. and Shadow Mario.
I`m just considering factors like the release date, the cross developpement for 3ds and wii u, the change of direction that Sakurai mentionned before and how some of those additions are either irrelevants or are just expected to turn into playable charactersbecause they were assists trophies in Brawl.

So, 50 is just too much. 40-42 is more reasonnable.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you guys think we will get any second party characters? To me it looks like he'll just go after first party characters.
If we're going to get a new second party character, then Isaac and Saki would be the best choices.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I can't see them using Wii Fit Trainer and Villager in promotional posters that have a logo for both Wii U and 3DS if the characters weren't in both versions. People are reading too much into the whole "Wii U pictures only means Wii U only" thing.
I personally believe that they aren't shown in the 3DS version because they are still not yet completed in it. After all we've been told that the Wii U version will probably be released before it.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
Well now that I know who Wonder Red is. I'm gonna go do some single player in something I guess....... since no one seems interested. I'll keep this window open though so I can still discuss. But before I get distracted how about we talk about the Nintendo war games like Advance Wars and Battalion Wars getting a rep. Thoughts? Or at least a stage.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you guys think we will get any second party characters? To me it looks like he'll just go after first party characters.
Yes, like always. First-party Nintendo characters get the first priority over all.

There's a reason I stopped bothering with Saki, Isaac, Starfy (I actually want him), etc. in my SSB4 roster.

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
Oh my...... stupid spiders I hate them. Also no one has responded to my last post about how you felt about nintendo wars rep. Or stage. Of course I'm a little distracted so it could have been like 2 minutes for all I know. Alright back to it I guess.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Well now that I know who Wonder Red is. I'm gonna go do some single player in something I guess....... since no one seems interested. I'll keep this window open though so I can still discuss. But before I get distracted how about we talk about the Nintendo war games like Advance Wars and Battalion Wars getting a rep. Thoughts? Or at least a stage.
As cool as it would be to have something from Wars. But a stage is possible.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Do you fellows consider Dillon 2nd party? Code eloped with vanpool but I saw no trademark in either game.
Also, I don't see a wars rep particularly likely. The series seems dead as a door nail.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Andy would be awesome but...

I don't think we'll ever get him.

Do you fellows consider Dillon 2nd party? Code eloped with vanpool but I saw no trademark in either game.
Dillon is first party. I think.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Also, I don't see a wars rep particularly likely. The series seems dead as a door nail.
Vanpool is second party. But they did develop two of Tingle's games.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I was wondering what the general populous of smash boards would say.
It's developed by Nintendo EAD and Vanpool, but vanpool seemingly has no rights to the character. Like Tingle

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can see an Advance Wars stage being implemented. But a character? Not Likely, though it would be kinda cool. I can see them using the various weapons of the Ground Units. While using Air Units for a recovery attack. And Andy would likely be the character to rep the series.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know but i thought viewtiful joe would be the guy before wonder red

Honestly, that's unlikely to happen. Given that Viewtiful Joe is owned by Capcom, who own Megaman. And it's unlikely to have a second Capcom rep aside from Megaman. And if we did, it might be someone from Street Fighter, Like Ryu or Chun-Li. Heck even Zero would be a more likley choice than Joe. Wonder Red Ken doesn't any real competition within Platinum games. Given that Jack Cayman and Bayonetta might not fit too well in Nintendo, despite being cool as hell.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Have you guys noticed that Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Pit don't have their voices yet. Do you think they're recording new voices for DK and Bowser to have them sound the way they do in their games and have Pit use his Uprising voice?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Have you guys noticed that Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Pit don't have their voices yet. Do you think they're recording new voices for DK and Bowser to have them sound the way they do in their games and have Pit use his Uprising voice?
Probably that.

Samus hasn't made any noise either. Hmm....

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This is why I get tired of people badmouthing Pac-Man; no one does the damned research and make claims based on what little they really know.
Look, researching is my forte. Spent my whole life doing ****ing research on practically every subject, most which was on free time. If you of all people are expecting Pac-man to be the Super Smash Bros. equivalent of Akuma or Yoshimitsu, you're going to be severely disappointed. His character is essentially on par with something out of a western cartoon from the 30's or 40's. If I had to compare him to someone else from another fighting game, it would probably be Peacock from Skullgirls.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
I highly believe the most likely new characters are Mewtwo, Chrom and Little Mac.

Mewtwo's getting a new form and he was already meant to be in Brawl. No reason to keep Lucario, really- and the roster is staying pretty much the same size. Lucario's out, Mewtwo's back.

Chrom's likely going to be the new Ike. I hope Ike stays since I really liked playing him in Brawl, but Chrom is fresh- little reason not to have him as the new FE rep.

Little Mac's all but confirmed, in my opinion. The wrestling stage says it all, and his recent Wii game is reason enough to bring back the punchmaster.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Does anyone else find it weird that Namco isn't listed in the trailers, Developer Direct (don't know if they listed company credits in this one), and the main site?

D

Deleted member

Look, researching is my forte. Spent my whole life doing ****ing research on practically every subject, most which was on free time. If you of all people are expecting Pac-man to be the Super Smash Bros. equivalent of Akuma or Yoshimitsu, you're going to be severely disappointed. His character is essentially on par with something out of a western cartoon from the 30's or 40's. If I had to compare him to someone else from another fighting game, it would probably be Peacock from Skullgirls.
Research is your forte, yet you can't seem to apply it here. :awesome:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think it's been confirmed that Pit's actor from Uprising will be reprising the role in SSB4.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
What's going on in this? Oh right.

Parties aren't actually as big of a deal as Sakurai claims unless A. Rights are messed up (I.E. The owner is, well, dead) or B. The owner doesn't want their character in the game. How do I know this? I've talked with others who have dealt with second party rights. One company isn't magically different.

The roster, well, my guess is at 42-45: It depends on how cut hungry Sakurai is and once again, the direction. 5 chars more than Brawl only is ridiculous for a game that sells itself on characters unless we see major cuts, and there aren't even that many characters that should be cut, nonetheless, will. We've also seen that Sakurai still likes veterans (No, I'm not just saying this because of the FORBIDDEN SEVEN. No.)

Pac-Man can have an interesting moveset and he probably will if he's in. I can't see him say, being a Marth/Lucas clone (...actually wait that does sound interesting) so the worst case scenario is he'll just turn out a character that people don't like that much if he's picked. I see this on-going debate and a Tales Of character really isn't bad for Namco Bandai. Many of the Tales Of games have actually had decent to fantastic sales that other developers DREAM to have (Hi Project Rainfall, how are you?) and have had fantastic sales in Japan so shut up about "PAC-MAN IS THE ONLY ONE THEY MUST USE OH MY GOD" or "PAC-MAN ISNT IN NOW LOL" or whatever. If he wasn't picked and it was a Tales Of or Tekken character instead, it wouldn't be because "Hey, can we design a moveset for this guy?" "Nope, **** research." Especially since MANY of the movesets are made up for first-party characters and even Third-Party to an extent out of the ass. I'm sick of the Pac-Man stuff left or right. I might actually play Pac-Man World 3 soon though.

tl;dr: Pac-Man would be just fine. A tales of character would be just fine. The end.

The only other Third-Parties that have a realistic shot is Ubisoft (Which even if Rayman Legends were exclusive I doubt they'd push Rayman; I could see an Assassin's Creed person in PSABR or something though) and Square-Enix (THEY TURNED DOWN PSABR WHAT) so...

I'm done for the night anyone got anything else to scream at me with

TKactual

Smash Journeyman
What's going on in this? Oh right.

Parties aren't actually as big of a deal as Sakurai claims unless A. Rights are messed up (I.E. The owner is, well, dead) or B. The owner doesn't want their character in the game. How do I know this? I've talked with others who have dealt with second party rights. One company isn't magically different.

The roster, well, my guess is at 42-45: It depends on how cut hungry Sakurai is and once again, the direction. 5 chars more than Brawl only is ridiculous for a game that sells itself on characters unless we see major cuts, and there aren't even that many characters that should be cut, nonetheless, will. We've also seen that Sakurai still likes veterans (No, I'm not just saying this because of the FORBIDDEN SEVEN. No.)

Pac-Man can have an interesting moveset and he probably will if he's in. I can't see him say, being a Marth/Lucas clone (...actually wait that does sound interesting) so the worst case scenario is he'll just turn out a character that people don't like that much if he's picked. I see this on-going debate and a Tales Of character really isn't bad for Namco Bandai. Many of the Tales Of games have actually had decent to fantastic sales that other developers DREAM to have (Hi Project Rainfall, how are you?) and have had fantastic sales in Japan so shut up about "PAC-MAN IS THE ONLY ONE THEY MUST USE OH MY GOD" or "PAC-MAN ISNT IN NOW LOL" or whatever. If he wasn't picked and it was a Tales Of or Tekken character instead, it wouldn't be because "Hey, can we design a moveset for this guy?" "Nope, **** research." Especially since MANY of the movesets are made up for first-party characters and even Third-Party to an extent out of the ***. I'm sick of the Pac-Man stuff left or right. I might actually play Pac-Man World 3 soon though.

tl;dr: Pac-Man would be just fine. A tales of character would be just fine. The end.

The only other Third-Parties that have a realistic shot is Ubisoft (Which even if Rayman Legends were exclusive I doubt they'd push Rayman; I could see an Assassin's Creed person in PSABR or something though) and Square-Enix (THEY TURNED DOWN PSABR WHAT) so...

I'm done for the night anyone got anything else to scream at me with
HOLY CHIPS AND DIP!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Wars certainly has enough games and popularity to justify a rep, and as trained soldiers the COs would fit in very naturally with the Smash atmosphere. I think that if IS is trying to revive the series we may see an AW rep, but if not we probably won't. An AW rep along with Little Mac would be a great way for Sakurai to appeal to Western fans.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
the second party character issue is not getting through with people
edit: Wait, I'll edit this post now to not look stupid hold on

edit2: " B. The owner doesn't want their character in the game."

Okay, yes, that's what I said. That's really the only scenario and it's such a rare scenario. I guess it's happened... in PSABR. It's not likely though, because many second-parties are just lucky to own the character. It still can happen, but it's not much of a use discussing which characters it can happen to. It's like saying "Let's guess if this character is probable in Sakurai's and the other producer's minds or not" which we can't do. They could have considered Masked Man, or they could have never even thought it - Do I know? No.

HOLY CHIPS AND DIP!
CHIPS AND DIP FOR ALL! ESPECIALLY ONES WHO USE THE INITIAL TK!

FourStar

Smash Ace
edit: Wait, I'll edit this post now to not look stupid hold on

edit2: " B. The owner doesn't want their character in the game."

Okay, yes, that's what I said. That's really the only scenario and it's such a rare scenario. I guess it's happened... in PSABR. It's not likely though, because many second-parties are just lucky to own the character. It still can happen, but it's not much of a use discussing which characters it can happen to. It's like saying "Let's guess if this character is probable in Sakurai's and the other producer's minds or not" which we can't do. They could have considered Masked Man, or they could have never even thought it - Do I know? No.
well i gotta say that so many people think that people like goku and cloud from FF7 can get in JUST CAUSE THEY ARE LEGEDNARY. its just not that simple and it pisses me off that people still think that it can happen.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Also, an AW rep moveset is really easy. Physical hits on tilts/smashes, with some wrench hits for Andy and rocket launcher sweeps for Sami. Specials call in units, fire aimable silo misses, stuff like that. Final Smash executes a Super Power with all the traditional hallmarks (music, SUPER POWER words onscreen with wailing siren as it begins, etc) and country-specific units flood the stage as the CO gets a commensurate power boost (but is still killable). You can make a really unique and fun moveset with an AW CO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom