• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
How very respectful, I don't say **** you just because someone disagrees with me. Very classy.

There just characters if they don't get in are people really going to go fall into a depression or something? if that's the case this board is sadder than I thought.
Not saying I'm upset about you thinking she's not all that likely, I'm disturbed at the fact that you just called her "loli-bait" :glare:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
There just characters if they don't get in are people really going to go fall into a depression or something? if that's the case this board is sadder than I thought.
Apparently so, though I don't get it considering there will always be an alternative.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And the "Loli bait" line didn't?
Considering that was a legitimate point he was trying to make. No.

Have you noticed a pattern,
Whenever someone says I crossed the line,
I say something, then the whol threa is against me.
Then I leave for five minutes, then I come back.
This excuses such behavior because...?

josh bones

Smash Lord
View attachment 3891

I don't "suck", thank you very much.

I am a mischievous pokemon, who's shenanigans always end up in some sort of joke and me saying all leave this thread forever, when I really come back in 5 minutes.
Get your facts right next time buddy.
nixk.png

I am not new here, I've been here since noah was a troll. You're the new one here, ever talk down to me, Bidoof and I will end you.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
how can you go both a little and a lot?
Well it's simple really.

Little talking about how far he went past the line.

Lot talking about the frequency.

You can trust me. I'm a doctor.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Giygas?
And I say that with all seriousness.
He would be a cool character in his Earthbound Zero/Mother 1 incarnation.
I'll make a support thread for him in about a week, after I add more detail to my already existing threads.
Tell me this wouldn't be awesome.
View attachment 3886
It would be and I look forward to it.

Mother/Earthbound and Fire Emblem character support threads are the most interesting topics.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
......we couldn't have just one peaceful, non-disturbing day on this thread, could we?

NO BRAH

Well it's simple really.

Little talking about how far he went past the line.

Lot talking about the frequency.

You can trust me. I'm a doctor.
Do you have multicolored pills that will cure all his ills?

Same thing he did when all the WFT ones came out.

Sakurai: "Awesome! People finally made it! *unzips pants*
This might actually beat Saturn's comment when he went "I'm masturbating furiously to this"
No offense intended to him.

-----

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Not saying I'm upset about you thinking she's not all that likely, I'm disturbed at the fact that you just called her "loli-bait" :glare:
Alright I get it. If you don't see it then whatever, its there. If she's playable (unlikely) you know weirdos are gonna pause and....

But that's not my main point as to why she is unlikely. its a point as to why I don't want her playable.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Both Ganon and Ganondorf are as recognizable as the other, unlike Deku Link and Link.
Why does that matter? Ganon only had a trident in one game. Why does it matter how recognizable either character is? What does that have to do with Ganondorf using an abilitiy only used in a completely different form? If you give him the trident it defeats the purpose of having Ganondorf over Ganon entirely.

Where did this come from?
Apparently since Ganon is the same person as Ganondorf while not remotely the same form, it's okay for him to use a weapon he only used in one game in this entirely different form. Obviously it's okay for Link to use an ability/weapon he only used in one game in an entirely different form.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Why does that matter? Ganon only had a trident in one game. Why does it matter how recognizable either character is? What does that have to do with Ganondorf using an abilitiy only used in a completely different form? If you give him the trident it defeats the purpose of having Ganondorf over Ganon entirely.
ONE game? You seem to forget the Oracle games and Four Swords Adventures. Hell, the only game Ganon wasn't shown with his trident is the original Zelda.

Apparently since Ganon is the same person as Ganondorf while not remotely the same form, it's okay for him to use a weapon he only used in one game in this entirely different form. Obviously it's okay for Link to use an ability/weapon he only used in one game in an entirely different form.
Didn't stop Adult Link from using the boomerang, or Oot/MM/TP/WW Link from using the up and down thrust.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So I assume you also hate to see the female Villager? (as Villager's alt like Wii Fit Trainer)
No because the animal crossing girl doesn't have a mini-skirt, elf like ears, etc. that just screams loli-bait. There's a reason why the english version features yoshi and is called tetris attack.... I don't wanna continue this so this the last thing I post about this.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
No because the animal crossing girl doesn't have a mini-skirt, elf like ears, etc. that just screams loli-bait. There's a reason why the english version features yoshi and is called tetris attack.... I don't wanna continue this so this the last thing I post about this.
Would that be the only reason you don't want to see Lip making the cut? Her appearance? Jeez...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
ONE game? You seem to forget the Oracle games and Four Swords Adventures. Hell, the only game Ganon wasn't shown with his trident is the original Zelda.

Didn't stop Adult Link from using the boomerang, or Oot/MM/TP/WW Link from using the up and down thrust.
Do you not understand how stupid this is? First of all you are comparing the age of a character to a completely different form of a character. If Sakurai wants the trident he will replace Ganonforf with Ganon. There is no reason for Ganondorf to be in the game when his move set is based off of the trident. The whole reason that form was even picked was because of his physical strength.

Also Link is pretty much the same as every other Link where as Ganondorf is not remotely similar to his Ganon form. So you are using a terrible and completely invalid example by comparing age and descendants of a character to entirely different forms of a character. It is not the same situation.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Giygas?
And I say that with all seriousness.
He would be a cool character in his Earthbound Zero/Mother 1 incarnation.
I'll make a support thread for him in about a week, after I add more detail to my already existing threads.
Tell me this wouldn't be awesome.
View attachment 3886
That would be nice.
He'd fight in his original Mother 1 form, use attacks like PK Rockin, and then for a Final Smash, he'd overload himself with dark power and become the unidentifiable thing seen in Mother 2 for a while.

Just as long as you got fevers or the chills.
Darn. He's mentally I'll. Got anything for that?

I AM IN A HOSPITAL!
An insane asylum?
I'm half expecting Habanero to make a comment comparing the thread to one.

Fair enough.

Though really, Ganondorf isn't ALL about brutish strength. Besides, since when does using a weapon makes you weaker? :roypm::ike:
"Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon"
I guess that quote doesn't hold true in Smash.

-----

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Do you not understand how stupid this is? First of all you are comparing the age of a character to a completely different form of a character. If Sakurai wants the trident he will replace Ganonforf with Ganon. There is no reason for Ganondorf to be in the game when his move set is based off of the trident. The whole reason that form was even picked was because of his physical strength.

Also Link is pretty much the same as every other Link where as Ganondorf is not remotely similar to his Ganon form. So you are using a terrible example.
Fair enough.

Though really, Ganondorf isn't ALL about brutish strength. Besides, since when does using a weapon makes you weaker? :roypm::ike:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If Sakurai wants the trident he will replace Ganonforf with Ganon. There is no reason for Ganondorf to be in the game when his move set is based off of the trident. The whole reason that form was even picked was because of his physical strength.
You do realize Ganondorf and Ganon are the same person, right?

Also, who's Ganonforf?

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Though really, Ganondorf isn't ALL about brutish strength. Besides, since when does using a weapon makes you weaker? :roymelee::ike:
It's a huge part of his character especially since he weilds the triforce of power and because he was seen using his brutish strength in Ocarina and Melee before actually getting a sword in an official game. And trust me Ganondorf's TP sword is much weaker than if he actually used his body.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Actually, I was asking more on the lines of where this argument came from.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
It's a huge part of his character especially since he weilds the triforce of power and because he was seen using his brutish strength in Ocarina and Melee before actually getting a sword in an official game. And trust me Ganondorf's TP sword is much weaker than if he actually used his body.
OoT Ganondorf used magic... it was Ganon who used brutish force. And, really, tridents can be really heavy too, y'know.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
OoT had him as a magic user. And how do you know that it would've been the case if he didn't use his sword in TP? It's not like the game has a swordless Ganondorf programmed in.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Did you even listen to the conversation? :facepalm:
You stating that Ganondorf was picked over Ganon and if the trident was going to be used Sakurai would replace Ganondorf with Ganon.

Then I come in to point out the noticeable loophole that Ganon and Ganondorf are the same thing and replacing Ganondorf with the exact same person make no sense.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I feel if Sakurai wanted to give Ganondorf a weapon, he could very well give him a trident. I mean, even if it was not used by the actual Gerudo Ganondorf, it was used by Ganon, who is Ganondorf. Ganondorf is Ganon, and vice-versa. So it'd make sense to give Ganondorf the trident. I mean, we have Zelda using Link's OoT magic, which doesn't make canonical sense. Ganondorf having a trident would work. (As long as he's different from Falcon...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom