• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why no newcomers till 2014? Gut instinct? Or do you have any reasoning behind that?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Given how in every Smash game he has a new dash attack, it has a pretty high chance of happening.
It should be a down-standard attack, not a dash attack.

Why no newcomers till 2014? Gut instinct? Or do you have any reasoning behind that?
Because newcomers will possibly take up to 6 months to develop and balance I guess.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Probably because Sakurai didn't show us newcomers for The Wonderful 101, Pokemon X & Y, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, Wii Party U, and the 26th anniversary of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
New topic: Do you think Snake could get announced on Veteran's Day?
Don't think so.
However, I guess it'd be fitting for Snake to be revealed sometime in early 2014; the year in which the events of Metal Gear Solid 4 took place ingame.

(kinda pointless to say so, since SSB4 is gonna be released in 2014 anyway)

Brace yourselves for the war economy, people!

-----

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't see newcomers being revealed outside of events.

And I don't think any events are planned this year.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You know I'm not referring to Mega Man, right? :p
That's kirby's dash attack from the yo-yo ability, i always called it the top spin, since he spins like a top. (don't like callin it break spin since he obviously isn't break dancing...) geez people like to get on me today :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Probably because Sakurai didn't show us newcomers for The Wonderful 101, Pokemon X & Y, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, Wii Party U, and the 26th anniversary of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!...

Well, we might not get a W101 character, TPC is a pain in the ass and probably didn't want a Poke revealed yet, Pac Man has a game coming out next week. Can't say much for Wii Party U, but we do have that Wii Sports game coming up next week.

Yes. But things seem to have changed this time around.

Even veterans aren't being revealed out of the blue...
So reveals aren't super frequent, it's not like Brawl's were either. Still don't buy it as a reason to rule out all newcomers for 2013.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Brawl had plenty of non-event newcomers.
Brawl also had a Dojo, we've had characters revealed via events only excluding Peach and Sakurai has gone on record to say that we're not getting another "Dojo" like Brawl, so the situations are completely different right now and newcomers can easily follow the way veterans have been treated.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Brawl also had a Dojo, we've had characters revealed via events only excluding Peach and Sakurai has gone on record to say that we're not getting another "Dojo" like Brawl, so the situations are completely different right now and newcomers can easily follow the way veterans have been treated.

The only difference is we have no DOJO.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
That's kirby's dash attack from the yo-yo ability, i always called it the top spin, since he spins like a top. (don't like callin it break spin since he obviously isn't break dancing...) geez people like to get on me today :awesome:
I know, but when you guys suggested his d-tilt should be his slide, you reminded me how Mega Man's d-tilt IS his slide (and how everyone expected the slide to be his dash attack).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So now he's not wasting his time putting descriptions about characters, rather he's only just posting photos about them. Doesn't it seem faster?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I know, but when you guys suggested his d-tilt should be his slide, you reminded me how Mega Man's d-tilt IS his slide (and how everyone expected the slide to be his dash attack).
Kirby is megaman clone confirmed. :awesome:

But yeah kirby should have got the d-tilt slide a long time ago, since in the gba games you actually held down+A to do it. I really hope its not that tripping low hitbox thing again.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The only difference is we have no DOJO.
You're missing the point, the way the characters have been introduced between the games are different, veterans and newcomers weren't tied to events in Brawl whereas here the only exception to that was Peach. So using Brawl as a counterexample doesn't quite work in this situation as they're being handled differently already.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Which is significant.

Lack of DOJO = No Newcomers revealed in 2013

How? Y?

I mean, we could very well get no newcomers in 2013, but I do not think it's because there is a lack of a DOJO. We still get weekly picture updates, we still have a dsignated site. The only difference is the posts are just pictures or character reveals, not Item/Stages/Memo/Music ect.

We pretty much have a less stressful version of a dojo.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Lack of DOJO = No Newcomers revealed in 2013

How? Y?

I mean, we could very well get no newcomers in 2013, but I do not think it's because there is a lack of a DOJO. We still get weekly picture updates, we still have a dsignated site. The only difference is the posts are just pictures or character reveals, not Item/Stages/Memo/Music ect.

We pretty much have a less stressful version of a dojo.
The dojo revealed newcomers fairly often without any events (E3).

The smashbros site has not.

That's what I mean.

However, like I said, it's partially gut feeling for me, too. Not to mention that I don't want to get disappointed if no newcomers are revealed.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thread is calm today, huh?

So, the topics were magic stick users, trying (and possibly failing miserably) to predict Sakurai, Zoroark and Mega Man x Kirby...

On staff users: Palutena = Dark Pit > Krystal
I'm not going to predict anything about character reveals. I'm keeping my lowest expectations about such, meaning I'm not expecting any reveal soon.
Zoroark has no place in Smash before Mewtwo or Lucario and mind that Zoroark is one of my favorite Pokémon.
And the joke on Mega Man and Kirby copy abilities is old already, but still slightly funny.

Anything else? No? Well then, adieu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom