• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dude, I love the Emperor's New Groove. Everytime it's someone's birthday I send them a link to that video. Sorry bro.
Twas joking sir. No need to apologize.
Except she's having an affair with Roy Campbell.

Let's talk about Shulk. I haven't seen a good moveset for him yet.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So... What are we talking about now? ^^;
Apparently we're trying to get this thread adapted into a soap opera. Or something.

So a while back Manly and Grumpanero were talking about the possibility of Smash getting a "Reboot" of sorts and cutting the roster down to about thirty or so. I don't personally think this is a good idea, but it did make me think about what was going to happen to the roster after Smash 4. I mean, really there just aren't a whole bunch of characters left who are universally seen as deserving. So what happens once we run out of universally(or close to universally) wanted characters? Do we just keep adding and adding a bunch of second and third stringers to the roster? While I don't think just cutting a whole binch of the existing cast is a good idea, what I think might be interesting would be for Smash to have a core cast comprised of a little over 40 character(most of the Brawl vets, plus a few who haven't made it in yet) with a rotating cast of "guests"(not guest fighters in the traditional sense). Thoughts?

D

Deleted member

Apparently we're trying to get this thread adapted into a soap opera. Or something.

So a while back Manly and Grumpanero were talking about the possibility of Smash getting a "Reboot" of sorts and cutting the roster down to about thirty or so. I don't personally think this is a good idea, but it did make me think about what was going to happen to the roster after Smash 4. I mean, really there just aren't a whole bunch of characters left who are universally seen as deserving. So what happens once we run out of universally(or close to universally) wanted characters? Do we just keep adding and adding a bunch of second and third stringers to the roster? While I don't think just cutting a whole binch of the existing cast is a good idea, what I think might be interesting would be for Smash to have a core cast comprised of a little over 40 character(most of the Brawl vets, plus a few who haven't made it in yet) with a rotating cast of "guests"(not guest fighters in the traditional sense). Thoughts?
If he's Grump...

Am I Not-so-Grump?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I thought in the next episode of Roster Discussion was going to involve me facing my evil twin Gelato and Corph was going to have an affair with Roy much to the carnage of Chrono.
Croph always has an affair with Roy, that's nothing new...
YOU GUYS ARE SO EMBARRASSSSSSSINNNG! Embarrass :glare:

I'm leaving, hmph! Good bye, have a nice day!

:troll:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I think smash should just go the Mario Kart route and make small quirks and mechanics to each new titles.
Like how Mario Kart: Double Dash differs from Mario Kart 7. Nothing game breaking but mechanics to freshen up the game from gen to gen

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No, you're ManlySpirit silly.

(I don't watch Game Grumps, so sorry if I didn't get the joke)
He's referring to the opening theme.

Also no Shulk movesets?

I WANT SOME!1111!!!1!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Well that sounds interesting. But if it's a reboot. Wouldn't they have to reboot everything? So all stages, items and everything go back to basics? Movesets return to their basic forms and all. Or am I missing something? ^^;

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
YOU GUYS ARE SO EMBARRASSSSSSSINNNG! Embarrass :glare:

I'm leaving, hmph! Good bye, have a nice day!

Well that sounds interesting. But if it's a reboot. Wouldn't they have to reboot everything? So all stages, items and everything go back to basics? Movesets return to their basic forms and all. Or am I missing something? ^^;
Well I didn't mean a literal reboot. I'm not sure that was the best choice of words for what Manly and Grumpy were advocating. And just for clarification, I'm not advocating for that sort of thing.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
NEXT TIME ON RD:

Kuma learns from Manly that Chu has been cheating on him with his best friend, Smooth Criminal, and plots revenge!
Chrono and the rest of the gang have an intervention on Ridley's weight problem.
Toise is dead...or is he?
Shortie prepares to head to jail after pleading guilty for poll fraud.
And Oasis finally confronts his evil twin: WaOasis.
I need this on-demand... Just sayin.

D

Deleted member

Does everybody just have like a well of GIFs for every situation possible?
I actually do...

When you spend enough time on 4chan youn start to accumulate all sorts of reaction images and pictures. Sometimes I have a hard time finding them so I just google them.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Okay, --- is the narrator...

This thread is like a soap opera: it's friggin bad (except when it isn't), confusing, yet addicting and makes you stay up all night.
Me the narrator? You must have missed a few episodes, everyone knows I'm in jail after I rigged the Backroom Group elections. Next season has me teaming up with Shortie in order to break out of prison with help from the grumpy but loveable prison guard Habanero.

Metal Overload's the current narrator but is set to be taken over next season by Swampasaur so he can go narrate the series spin off: Star's Angels: Featuring N3ON, Automatic, and Croph.

EDIT: Also writing for soap operas is surprisingly easy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dude, --- please continue the soap I'm already addicted! :laugh:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Me the narrator?
Metal Overload's the current narrator but is set to be taken over next season by Swampasaur so he can go narrate the series spin off: Star's Angels: Featuring N3ON, Automatic, and Croph.
I'm the narrator? Already? Cool!

And people said show business was hard.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The 3rd season: Ove and Adeleine
The 4th season: The Doc Debacle
The 5th season: impa and Diddy
The 6th season: The Mewzora MEWTATION.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The 3rd season: Ove and Adeleine
The 4th season: The Doc Debacle
The 5th season: impa and Diddy
The 6th season: The Mewzora MEWTATION.

Hopefully it ends around the 6th season, because the last thing we need is a show over staying it's welcome and getting stale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom