• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think it's just simple to say that Ike and Lucario were higher priority than Roy and Mewtwo because they wanted to place a higher value on newcomers and because it took longer to design a brand new character.

:phone:
Yeah, pretty much... this is why I think that if Chrom and Zoroark (or 5th or 6th gen Pokemon) were considered for SSB4 alongside Ike and Lucario, the newcomers would get in first... and if there's enough time to buff the SSB4 roster after Sakurai added all the characters he planned from the beginning (in accordance to the design document), Sakurai could put in those two veterans - whether they were in the design document or not - at the last minute.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You know, I've always wanted Blaziken as a new Pokemon character. I know it probably won't happen, but that would be very cool if it did happen. Blaziken is easily my favorite Pokemon in general, so that would be welcomed in my eyes.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
You know, I've always wanted Blaziken as a new Pokemon character. I know it probably won't happen, but that would be very cool if it did happen. Blaziken is easily my favorite Pokemon in general, so that would be welcomed in my eyes.
Mix gen Pokemon Trainer whoop whoop!
Unfortunately the odds of this replacing the current Pokemon Trainer are rather low.

Youngster Ben for Smash?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wouldn't Blaziken be a Captain Falcon clone? :troll:

I would like to see Pokemon Trainer May with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken.

Other Pokemon characters besides Meowth I would like to play as:

Meowth & Arbok team and Meowth & Weezing team (Team Rocket)
Pokemon Trainer Gold
Plusle & Minun (I am starting to warm up to the notion of two recolored Pichu's teaming up and hurting themselves like Pichu if they got separated but they still should be last-minute additions if necessary)
Deoxys

Never really cared for 4th gen nor 5th gen (though I really do like the 5th gen starters).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They could have Blue as a character.

Eevee, Blastoise, ...something else.

Not a Raticate though. His died

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Grovyle would be a neat addition too. This is mainly because of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky being my favorite of the spin off Pokemon games by far, which featured Grovyle as one of the protagonists. In fact my fondness for Blaziken and Grovyle is the reason why I kind of want a Hoenn Pokemon Trainer so that both could be viable.

Never gave a **** about Mudkip though.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Grovyle would be a neat addition too. This is mainly because of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky being my favorite of the spin off Pokemon games by far. In fact my fondness for Blaziken and Grovyle is the reason why I kind of want a Hoenn Pokemon Trainer so that both could be viable.

Never gave a **** about Mudkip though.
This. This, times 10,000
I even made Blaziken and Grovyle their own movesets.
Add these two plus Mewtwo, Pikachu, Charizard, Maybe Meowth, and Lucario, and you have an almost unbeatable Pokemon lineup for Smash.

And though it's unlikely, Bulbasaur. Oh, how I yearn for Bulbasaur in Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Joey could get another Raticate. :troll:

I think it would have been Bulbasaur, Charmeleon, and Blastoise. People seem to favor Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charizard, and Blastoise the most.

Oh, and maybe Leaf could get the leftovers: Charmander, Wartortle, and Venusaur. :awesome:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Joey and his top precentile raticate LOL!

I would be happy with no more Pokemon added to the roster. That's just me though.

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-Pokemon Trainer (Typhlosion, Bayleef, Totodile)

You heard it hear first folks! :awesome:

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-Pokemon Trainer (Typhlosion, Bayleef, Totodile)

You heard it hear first folks! :awesome:
Wait! **** Pokemon Trainer, replace him with Eevee and it's 8 evolutions! :cool:

D

Deleted member

I think you're starting to get it, but the bolded section is what I'm frowning at. Looking at the Brawl's data, Jigglypuff was the last Pokemon to be programmed in, technically it was her who beat Mewtwo for a spot, not Lucario or Generations (probably has to do with Jiggs being in 64 and her gameplay style).

Wait, if Jiggs was almost cut from Brawl, what's keeping her in Smash 4? Who's to say Jigglypuff won't get cut next? She's not as popular as she used to be, and well, I for one wouldn't really miss her, never cared much for her either way, she was kinda fun in Melee, and helped me beat Event Match 51 the first time, but perhaps Jiggs is left in another era...

Mix gen Pokemon Trainer whoop whoop!
Unfortunately the odds of this replacing the current Pokemon Trainer are rather low.

Youngster Ben for Smash?
No way it should be Younster Jo-

Joey could get another Raticate. :troll:

I think it would have been Bulbasaur, Charmeleon, and Blastoise. People seem to favor Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charizard, and Blastoise the most.

Oh, and maybe Leaf could get the leftovers: Charmander, Wartortle, and Venusaur. :awesome:
Joey and his top precentile raticate LOL!

I would be happy with no more Pokemon added to the roster. That's just me though.

DAMN! Beat to the punch...

Uhm... Arcanine?? Ahem Ahem, it IS one of his most notable Pokemon, right behind those two to be honest. Pidgeot would be number 4.

Wouldn't Blaziken be a Captain Falcon clone? :troll:

I would like to see Pokemon Trainer May with Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken.

Other Pokemon characters besides Meowth I would like to play as:

Meowth & Arbok team and Meowth & Weezing team (Team Rocket)
Pokemon Trainer Gold
Plusle & Minun (I am starting to warm up to the notion of two recolored Pichu's teaming up and hurting themselves like Pichu if they got separated but they still should be last-minute additions if necessary)
Deoxys

Never really cared for 4th gen nor 5th gen (though I really do like the 5th gen starters).
Trainer May would be awesome, both May and White would be, they're the best Pokegirls after all. I prefer White, but May has better Pokemon (I've never liked Emboar or the Snivy line). I just wish they would use something outside the 3 starters...

I really SHOULD dig around for that image with all the supposed canon Pokemon for the main trainers. They have plenty more interesting options than the starters.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
As if charizard would leave to make room for TYPHLOSION lol

Let's see...ideally,
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer (1st Gen)
Pokemon Rival (3rd Gen)
Eevee

D

Deleted member

As if charizard would leave to make room for TYPHLOSION lol

Let's see...ideally,
Pikachu
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer (1st Gen)
Pokemon Rival (3rd Gen)
Eevee

You forgot Lucario and White. Lucario is ******* baws... Especially P:M Lucario.

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
Charizard is irrelavant nowadays. :troll:

Replace all the Pokemon with trainers! There, DONE! Red, Ethan, May and two other trainers from other regions. Adios Pikachu!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
You forgot Lucario and White. Lucario is fawkin baws... Especially P:M Lucario.
P:M Lucario is ****ing scary I tell you. That thing will **** your house and burn your babies when you're sleeping at the dead of night.

Ike is in a similar boat since he's, you know, no longer sluggish. Which is actually more accurate since one of Ike's best stats is speed in the Fire Emblem games.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
new eeveelution looks cute, here's hoping eevee gets a popularity boost

You know there is a mr. peepers in x-men. He got eaten by this

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Silly people!

The Pokemon roster should be this!

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard)
Lucario
Mewtwo

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
^ This. Still iffy about 7 reps, though. And the likely to be popular Gen 6 mascot.

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
Swampasaur's picks are the most realistic really. I think 5 (technically 7) reps is fine for a series that's really huge. Just as long as they refer to Pokemon Trainer as Red for nostalgia reasons.

D

Deleted member

Charizard is irrelavant nowadays. :troll:

I WISH he was irrelevant. I never cared much for Charizard. Nothing but wasted potential with that Pokemon, and he was always the most popular because of the anime. Blastiose has always been MILES better.

Also, Blazinen and Infernape **** all over Charizard as Fire starters.

Also, most catch-able Fire-types are better than the Starters, baring Gens 3 and 4, though Gen 3 had awesome Fire types alongside Blaziken.

And don't even get me started on Typhlosion, Feraligatr all the way, though Typlosion could learn Thunderpunch, which made him OK back in the day.

Replace all the Pokemon with trainers! There, DONE! Red, Ethan, May and two other trainers from other regions. Adios Pikachu!

5x3=15, FIFETEEN Pokemon characters in Smash? Are you insane?

Oh, protip, to avoid future double posts, try the edit button, it's nice and hand for those things. Sometimes you can take a gamble and hope someone posts before you manage to make your new post, like if you wanna bring up something TOTALLY unrelated to your last post. But aside from that, Edit button is your best friend.

P:M Lucario is ****ing scary I tell you. That thing will **** your house and burn your babies when you're sleeping at the dead of night.

Ike is in a similar boat since he's, you know, no longer sluggish. Which is actually more accurate since one of Ike's best stats is speed in the Fire Emblem games.
I hate what they did to Ike. I know he's supposed to be fast in FE, but I'd rather they made him a bulky character. Because otherwise, he's either GODLY, or garbage. His range is TOO GOOD for him to be a Powerhouse like C.Falcon. It also seems to be like the guys over at P:M have no idea what to do with Ike, so they keep flip-flopping with his abilities. Just make him a heavy with some ranged attacks, slower speed and a lot of power, a Guts incarnate.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ike is not that bad. In fact I'll say that Ike having more speed was probably one of the best things to do, especially with Quick Draw providing more options for approaching and combos. It might sound broken, but Ike still suffers from wonky recovery options and he's easily exposed to gimping. Jigglypuff in particular craps all over Ike due to her supreme air game.

Basically, Ike is like a glass cannon more then anything.

D

Deleted member

May God have mercy on my soul.
I just entered GameFaqs territory to tell off SpacelyState for his piss-poor logic in regards how Mewtwo will not get in Smash 4...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
May God have mercy on my soul.
I just entered GameFaqs territory to tell off SpacelyState for his piss-poor logic in regards how Mewtwo will not get in Smash 4...
Do tell.

Or just send it to me in a PM. Either way works.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
so that's what gamefaqs is like *shudder*

@automatic 6th most popular poke man (I wish he was likely, mew would be cool)

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Good job Golden.

Showing them who's boss.

Also Gamefaqs is a scary scary place.... T.T

D

Deleted member

I bet if I tried, I could outGene ViewtifulGene. However, what would be the point in that? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom