• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosaluma vs. Other characters

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
I did bring that up a few months back, and it'll probably come down to who can pressure who more. Diddy's banana peels may be rendered ineffective by Gravitational Pull, so he might have to resort to direct combat instead.
I apologize, I didn't read up. Well, How about Vs. Peach?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Bowser might be able to have an even match with RosaLuma. He is a big target, but he has some quick, powerful attacks.

I think if he can knock the Luma away and get to Rosalina, he will eat her alive. She is a light, big target. One on one she will have problems. But Bowser's main difficulty will be getting to her.

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
I think that Rosalina is comparable to Zelda. They have very similar statures and should be fun to battle with.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku : I'm not sure about Robin, but I do have a pretty good idea on how Rosalina would fare against Captain Falcon...

Rosalina vs. Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon has been well-known for his high mobility and strong attacks. However, his attacks are slow in execution, and because he has no projectiles, none of his approaches are considered safe.

Rosalina could take advantage of Captain Falcon's flaws by sending the Luma at him. Also, most of Captain Falcon's attacks only deliver one strong hit, so Rosalina can simply block them, and then punish Captain Falcon afterwards.

Recovery-wise, Falcon Dive is very predictable, and since the Luma can't be grabbed, Rosalina can use it to safely edge-guard Captain Falcon.

Simply put, Rosalina could potentially give Captain Falcon a good deal of problems, simply for the fact that he can't approach safely, and for his slow attack speed.

Addy Who Dat

Smash Cadet
:rosalina: vs :4bowser: Rosalina may struggle a bit here because the Luma may easily be handled by Bowser's fire breath and create opprotunities to get in close to Rosalina, but she can take away his options above and below her with her saturan rings so this may help fend off some attacks.
:rosalina: vs :4megaman: Because of Megaman's projectile game, Luma should have no problem getting close to megaman where he has little he can do because of his lack of actual punches/kicks or other close range options other than the Leaf Shield. That rosalina has a distinct advantage here in my mind
:rosalina: vs :4fox: Rosalina will definetly struggle here. Fox has good agility and speed making it hard to set up the Luma. Though she may limit a bit of what he can do above and below her with the rings, fox is capable of many ways to set up attacks like with his laser or with the various short hop techniques he can pull off and can usually find away to get solid hits
:4rosalina vs :4wiifit: I am favoring Rosalina here by just a little. The fact that she can attack infront and behind her is key when trying to seperate the pair and attempt to get hits on rosalina. The fact that his/her moveset consists mostly of close range moves, the trainer shouldn't have a too bad time trying to confront Luma. But when the two are together thingsmay go south for the trainer. Luma can fire Star Bits a short distance a cover a bit of what Wii Fit Trainer has to do in front or behind her and the smash attacks they can do while together also cover both sides which could help fend off his/her constantly aproaching. nad with the saturan rings, she can limit the trainers good air mobility. I think the defensive playstyle that Rosalina and Luma promote may be a good asset to have in Smash 4 considering that this is a more offensive-based game

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
this thread is really stupid.
2edgy4me

--------------

So far, I'm not seeing any particularly problematic match-ups for Rosalina, if E3 footage is anything to go by (especially since nobody could really use her). It's going to take a while before we firmly know what she's good at.

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
this thread is really stupid.
Really?

Anyways, I think Rosalina has an advantage to all other players because of her unique teaming with Luma. Yes, she will be kind of hard to approach as Luma is her bodyguard. So to defeat her, I would use mostly long-distance attacks.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Really?

Anyways, I think Rosalina has an advantage to all other players because of her unique teaming with Luma. Yes, she will be kind of hard to approach as Luma is her bodyguard. So to defeat her, I would use mostly long-distance attacks.
Truthfully, the main priority for those who are facing Rosalina, should probably be getting the Luma out of the way, whether it's by KOing it, or by separating it from Rosalina. It'll probably take a fighter who has a long reach to able to pull this off safely, such as with King Dedede and his hammer.

Top Bottom