• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina & Luma 1.0.6 Patch Notes Discussion and Listings

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
You must also remember that the d-smash's frame duration got increased after Smash 3DS's 1.0.4 update was released. Frame data can always be altered.
I know that, I want dair frame data to be altered

I was responding to Parcheesy comment. I want her frame data to be change for the better

Last edited by a moderator:

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
You don't want a move to come out faster? thats going to benefit her only.
Yup. Again, it might be selfish for me to say, but I really don't think she deserves any buffs ( unless they're put in place specifically to offset any of their nerfs ), and altering frame data even positively will change how to optimally play her ( A buff to dair makes nair comparatively weaker, changes optimal DI out of combos, and offsets the precise timing needed to land it, particularly against 1 frame ledge vulnerability ). It'll make the character better on paper, but it won't be the same Rosalina that caught my interest in the first place. I fell in love with the character as a whole, strengths and weaknesses, clear situations of advantage and disadvantage, and I'm afraid that shaking this up too dramatically will really hurt my will to play her.

Of course this is all silly discussion. We're a day away from the changes that are coming whether we like them or not. I just hope I'll still find the character fun after the patch hits.

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
your right, lets just wait and see. ill be looking at diddy's nerfs to lol.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I do want one thing to be very clear before I go to bed. Please no, "I told you Sos." I noticed the Rosalina boards get very fight heavy whenever the subject of being "right" comes up.

I will be updating the op with this, and I hope @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy can help keep the peace.

I'll be up at 3:30ish am central time to check to see if anything has been found out and update the op accordingly.

My final predictions and hopes.

I hope, she is power shifted rather then straight up nerfed and buffed. I expect there to just be nerfs though and she might get something done to limit Luma's abilities.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Going to have argue against this reasoning you have. Sakurai has stated in the past that he can add and remove tips without us noticing.

Lastly, what makes her most unique is that she has Luma. If a couple things must be trimmed according to Sakurai I don't see why he wouldn't go ahead and do it as long as it doesn't mess with her core. I don't want him too, but I wouldn't deny that possibility. It is that, a possibility. None of us are Sakurai.
Where exactly did he say any of this? Also, we would notice a change in the tips, it isn't hard to notice something that's been completely removed.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh well. Hopefully this thread can behave itself either way.

...Update? What exactly are you upating? If you mean, helping compiling information, then yeah that would be appreciated. : )
Uh...Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS of course... I only have a New 3DS for now. I'll get the patch after school.
It's 2:06PM GMT +8 when I post this thread... just few hours...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
PATCH IS OUT

CHECK FOR ROSALINA CHANGES.

ALSO THEY APPARENTLY NERFED HOO HAH

Apologies for the double post, but I did a very brief test in training mode in the new patch.

I can't notice anything different about her. Movement feels the same, I can still KO at very early percents with all of the usual stuff. Damage outputs seem the same. I haven't tested extensively though so we'll see.

I was testing on 3DS, and I think they may have improved her visual effects there, to make them more pronounced. I could be wrong though, I haven't played it much recently. Her attacks do seem a little more sparkly, as do Luma's.

Also Lunar Landing still works the same as ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Apologies for the double post, but I did a very brief test in training mode in the new patch.

I can't notice anything different about her. Movement feels the same, I can still KO at very early percents with all of the usual stuff. Damage outputs seem the same. I haven't tested extensively though so we'll see.

I was testing on 3DS, and I think they may have improved her visual effects there, to make them more pronounced. I could be wrong though, I haven't played it much recently. Her attacks do seem a little more sparkly, as do Luma's.
Well, I have the 3ds version 1.0.5 up and the wii u version just got updated. So I'm ready to start testing. (Hopefully the 3ds and wii u version are in sync).

Edit: What should I test first?

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well. Yes. Seems Rosalina truly is the exact same. Thats good to hear. And we are also now indirectly buffed due to Diddy nerfs with Diddy being considered a bad match up for her. Time will tell how this affects the match-up though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't consider Diddy bad for us at all, haha. Sheik is nerfed too.

Rosalina top tier confirmed.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro

Also Lunar Landing still works the same as ever.
The relief is real.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
what did they nerf for sheik?
I haven't looked into it thoroughly, but people are saying her B-air is nerfed. Does less damage, and I think less knockback too.

It's a pretty big nerf if the knockback is reduced. That B-air is one of her most reliable KO moves, and Sheik has trouble with KOs.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm too tired to update my game now so I'll do it by the time I wake up this afternoon.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
PATCH IS OUT

CHECK FOR ROSALINA CHANGES.

ALSO THEY APPARENTLY NERFED HOO HAH
GONNA GO AND UPDATE!
I didn't consider Diddy bad for us at all, haha. Sheik is nerfed too.

Rosalina top tier confirmed.
Yes!
Well, I have the 3ds version 1.0.5 up and the wii u version just got updated. So I'm ready to start testing. (Hopefully the 3ds and wii u version are in sync).

Edit: What should I test first?
How about go play a match?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As much as I would like to test out the changes right now, I have one hefty schedule for my personal life today. As such, it might not be until tonight that I'll have a chance to take a look at any possible changes.

Also, Mewtwo codes have not been sent to me yet, so it's a waiting game for Mewtwo as well.

Edit: The newest update is version 1.0.6 for both Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U, so I've altered the thread title.

Last edited:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Right now only change that I can confirm is luma having less HP (Probs 4 so now it's 50% as opposed to 54%).

Uptilt SEEMS to have less cooldown.

I've been told neutral B was buffed in speed but I don't see it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Right now only change that I can confirm is luma having less HP (Probs 4 so now it's 50% as opposed to 54%).

Any more changes? I hope there's buffs.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

The Luma had a maximum of 52 HP, so if it does have less HP now, that could be troubling.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
The Luma had a maximum of 52 HP, so if it does have less HP now, that could be troubling.
In all honesty though, Luma typically dies from falling off stage, at least for me.

But it could change the way opponents try and get rid of Luma.

Edit: is it possible to not update the Wii u version and still play? The only reason I ask is because I have not turned my Wii u on and I can test for stuff with the old patch, if anyone needs me to.

Last edited:

DashGarnett

Smash Rookie
Neutral B when fully charged seems to have been buffed in damage or speed but I can't really tell

Aurora Sparkle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aurora-Sparkle
Honestly, I'd take a minor nerf to Luma's HP anyday over everything else that Rosalina could have suffered.
Most of the time during play my Luma gets KO'd from getting knocked offstage anyways rather than having it's HP depleted.

DashGarnett

Smash Rookie
I agree, I rarely see my Lumas die from losing to much hp and I'll take this over them getting rid of lunar lands any day

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Yeah, Rosa is pretty much unchanged as far as I can tell.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
is it just me or is rosa's old dsmash back?
i think it is.

OneManArmy77

Smash Rookie
I think based on this patch, Rosa jumps up to 2nd on the tier list as Diddy falls down to somewhere in the A- or B+ tier. I think Shiek's bair getting nerfed is a little worse than Luma health going down, but because Diddy was a worse match up for us, I think the S tier disappears and Shiek gets put at the head of the A tier ahead of Rosaluma.

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
I think based on this patch, Rosa jumps up to 2nd on the tier list as Diddy falls down to somewhere in the A- or B+ tier. I think Shiek's bair getting nerfed is a little worse than Luma health going down, but because Diddy was a worse match up for us, I think the S tier disappears and Shiek gets put at the head of the A tier ahead of Rosaluma.
Totally agree with you plus, sheik recovery got a buff.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh, dammit all. I was hoping she could make it out of this untouched. Who honestly complained about Luma having too much health?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So everything's been updated into the op. With only Luma's health being confirmed.

I'm satisfied. Especially with nerfs to bad matchups. <3

Top Bottom