• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RoM 5 anger thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Glad I didn't go. Glad Alukard is taking an initiative to stop all this jank bs.

This is what happens when Mango Armada PP Hbox can't make it.

IMPORTANT EDIT: There seriously needs to be a 1 minute time limit on button checks from now on that **** was ****ing out of control.

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
Not the hot pocket!

Anyway it was pretty good until WF. Next time get that chokeslam in.

(good deal on the people who actually played)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I stopped eating my popcorn in disgust (of the matches)

edit: my popcorn was not disgusting. just for clarity

Warhawk

Smash Lord
They can choose play however they want I guess, but it pretty much ruined any tournament hype. Wasn't that supposed to be the last ROM too? If so that's a sad way for the series to end.

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
hmm the last time i remember being embarrassed for the community was at pound 5 when the pokemon theme song was sung but this **** takes the cake

Twinkles

Smash Lord
I came into the stream an hour ago and the best part of what I watched was Hazz talking about his hotpocket.

Lovage

Smash Hero
how do u guys know they split?

last fragment of info i heard the commentators say was "m2k is trying to split, but KK and unknown turned him down"

EDIT: they split LMAO

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if you would have watched WFs and GFs then it would have been so obvious

Moxin

Smash Apprentice
Alt only WF / GF = obvious split is obvious

That **** was so ********, there was mad hype potential. And on a road to Apex NATIONAL. What the ****?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm glad my hearts still connected to feel bad for something like this, making me appreciate how awesome kings of Cali and past stuff was. The hilarious commentary was the soul of this tournament (especially since they increased the mic volume somewhere on day 1).

dkuo

Smash Lord
The goddamn warm-up though, lasting more than 3 minutes.

Just what the hell, man.
^ lmao seriously

i cant believe we had over 3400 ppl watching that. made our community look awful.
Yeah, this basically. How unfortunate that this had to happen right around when Melee was getting some traction with the FGC.

The main things I had trouble with were
* blatant winners finals jank, pichu kirby? come on
* supposed blatant admittance of splitting

I hope the community can learn from this experience. In fact, I hope that the FGC actively reprimands the Melee community for this and this somehow persuades us to start taking tournaments seriously again so that we can, with effort, work our way back to legitimacy. I do hope this happens, I say this with sincerity.

I think if you make the effort to look like you at least care, that should be enough.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
I literally posted earlier today in another thread complaining about my frustration with people not knowing rulesets at tourneys. And lo and behold, this tourney started going downhill, fast, because of confusion over the rules and controversy over how this confusion was handled.

TO's everywhere: Print off copies of your ruleset and put them at each setup. This is a relatively minor expense that will save you squabbling, embarrassment, and situations like the one that arose in Winners Semis tonight.

That's all I'm gonna say.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
What happened in Winner's Semis?
there was a rule dispute.

M2K lost game 1, won game 2 on FD, won game 3 on FoD, lost game 4 on FoD, then told unknown that he had every right to pick FD again because the last stage that he won on was technically FoD.

apparently ALukard was using ORGINAL DSR and not modified, which means m2k can't pick ANY stage he won on, not just FoD.

Unknown (also not knowing the rules) AGREED to play on FD.

unknown lost.

He complained after lost.

alukard told them to replay game 5 because he accuses m2k of lying to get an advantage

unknown blows up m2k.

m2k attempts to forfeit

Mad J

Smash Cadet
Semi's: KK vs unknown and M2k vs eggm. They swapped i think. SO KK vs eggm, M2k vs Unknown

Lovage

Smash Hero
the DSR controversy in semi's was pretty disappointing honestly

first of all, even if m2k was trying to be a skumbag, it's still unknown's fault for letting him start the match without clarifying with alu.

but the real failure is alu making them re-do it. that's just not how u settle such a thing

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
the DSR controversy in semi's was pretty disappointing honestly

first of all, even if m2k was trying to be a skumbag, it's still unknown's fault for letting him start the match without clarifying with alu.

but the real failure is alu making them re-do it. that's just not how u settle such a thing
I believe they should of re-did game 5. M2K "won the tourney" so nothing changed anyway. M2k knew what he was doing and he also did it in doubles. He told Alu he always does that as if it was nothing.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Seeing a national tourney like that today actually made me question the motivation I have to play this game

Like... some of the ****ing best players we have don't even care that much (those three are easily in the top ten in the world).

All in all, I lost mad respect for KK and Unknown tonight. I never really had that much for M2K, kinda par for the course for him. But Canada ****ed up.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Like... some of the ****ing best players we have don't even care that much (those three are easily in the top ten in the world).
I don't see why that should make you lose motivation. People who have been good for a long time are usually the ones who are most prone to not caring IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom