• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roll Spammers

xiferp

Smash Apprentice
How do you deal with them? Are there specific moves that work well on them, or do I just have to anticipate rolls?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anticipate it. It's not too hard. Watch their movements and just react since you already know where they are going. For most characters, simply spamming the character's jab works in these situations. This works pretty well against people who spam spotdodging too.

Kidlat

Smash Apprentice
Nair and Dair. Anticipate and execute.

Also works well with spot dodge spammers

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
stutter f-smash works well on roll spammers who like to roll behind you. predict the backward roll and punish

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
There's plenty of ways to stop a roll spammer, but the easiest way (for me anyways) is the D-smash.

Otherwise I'd just gain some distance and return the favor with fireballing.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
What about those who spam spot dodge? D-Smash is too fast for it so it gets dodged, and the jab combo works on some characters, but others like Wolf can grab you right out of it. If I grab, I get spot dodged then smashed. Any tips?

Geou

Smash Apprentice
D-Air... wow... that never even crossed my mind. Thanks so much, I lost every single time because of that!

nasir123

Smash Ace
well what i do is go in the middle of the roll and then SH dair trust me it has priority and it stays long plus it just *****:D

Atsu

Smash Ace
'Predict and Punish' suits this situation fairly well. I tend to go for the Dsmash just in case they finish the roll in front of me. Otherwise, I'll just go for the Fsmash if I see their high on percent. Works good most of the time.

I guess you could go for a Dair or Nair (Due to the long frames). But I find it safer to just go with the Dsmash the majority of the time. It can occasionally poke through if they try to shield it :3

Top Bottom