• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocket Slime for Brawl. Accept no substitutes.

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
BECAUSE IT WAS TO NINTENDO FANS WHO ARE NOT NECESSARILY DQ GAMERS.

We don't even know if Slime got any votes or not, Sakurai simply mayn't have mentioned him.

And to Smash Child, you just butchered a humorous Futurama joke. And support Gallade. My God, man.
I have a name, and it is not Smash Child. Fool.
At least Gallade has something over Slime. A chance in hell.

Rowsen

Smash Rookie
You know that Slime sucks when people register just to say he sucks :laugh:
^_______^

You know that your argument sucks when you have to rely on grade school kids to pick up the pieces of your horrible, incompetent argument.
<---- Is not a grade schooler. Fail

BECAUSE IT WAS TO NINTENDO FANS WHO ARE NOT NECESSARILY DQ GAMERS.

We don't even know if Slime got any votes or not, Sakurai simply mayn't have mentioned him.

And to Smash Child, you just butchered a humorous Futurama joke. And support Gallade. My God, man.
At least Gallade has more than a 1:1000000000 chance. And has a viable moveset.

You guys are just jealous of Slime's awesomeness.
If there was any awesomeness to be jealous of. *sigh*

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
As I said before, Aisha from Romancing Saga already got in. But none of you will believe my source of the site due to the fact that none of you can get there. So I'm not going to even bother

1. A name not worth mentioning, yes.

2. We're going to get Gallade, but Gardevoir as a Pokéball Pokémon?

A random evolution in a somewhat well-known Pokémon line versus an icon. Woow.

3. My apologies, you merely have the sense of a grade schooler.

4. Is there some reason why people seem to ignore the fact that I have had to constantly repeat the fact that Slime has a viable moveset by providing one that does not defy literally any rule established in any Smash Bros. game?

5. Well, Slime IS more well-known than most of the crappy characrers you support.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
okay Rocket Slime is one of the ONLY characters that i would would rather have replaced by waluigi. or starfy. or a goomba. or lanky kong.

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice

4. Is there some reason why people seem to ignore the fact that I have had to constantly repeat the fact that Slime has a viable moveset by providing one that does not defy literally any rule established in any Smash Bros. game?

5. Well, Slime IS more well-known than most of the crappy characrers you support.
Crappy characters I support? So you're basically claiming that Rocket Slime has a better chance of getting in than Megaman, Geno, Ridley, K.Rool or Gallade. Gallade I could understand, being a rather obscure character, but Rocket Slime beating Ridley? Yeah, you keep thinking that. By the way, I don't recall ever saying that Gallade was a shoe-in for Brawl. There's not much point in continuing this argument.

jr.lizardking

Smash Cadet
Well, ill start off by saying, perhaps it is partly your arrogance that is making people flame you, combined with the fact that non dragon quest fans see slime as a ridiculous choice.

To be honest, I don't think he would fit great as a character. It seems though that he has a fairly large fanbase that idolize him , and that anyone who isn't a fan of him hates him. I wouldn't mind having him, but there are characters I would prefer, perhaps because im not a Dragon Quest fan. He could be a unique character, but compared to many characters he doesn't seem to have a chance, but its not like he couldn't be included or it would bug me if he was.

Off Topic:
Are there any dragon quest games you would recommend for me to try? For Super Nintendo, Gameboy or GBA, DS, or ps1?(The systems I can emulate on my psp). I'm intrested in trying it out, and perhaps will find a love for "The Slime".

Okay, we heard your horrible, blithering opinion once, and I feel suicidal because of it.

Do you wish mass genocide on the human race with your awful words?

Rowsen

Smash Rookie

At first this was just stupid. Now you're just being arrogant.
No wonder you're getting such negative responses.

I respond (rightfully) arrogantly to negative responses, people trolling DQ and Slime.

Your opinion of Slime is applied to your opinion of Slime in Brawl, and your opinion of Slime in Brawl ignores anything that supports him being a good character FOR Brawl, and that anything is great and numerous.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I respond (rightfully) arrogantly to negative responses, people trolling DQ and Slime.

Your opinion of Slime is applied to your opinion of Slime in Brawl, and your opinion of Slime in Brawl ignores anything that supports him being a good character FOR Brawl, and that anything is great and numerous.
I don't think someone's opinion can be that of slime in brawl since it's NOT IN BRAWL AND NEVER WILL BE.

Call me a troll if you want but this thread's title should be "Please come and troll/flame all you want as this character sucks and I like to post how people present no arguments just to cover the fact that I don't have any".

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Crappy characters I support? So you're basically claiming that Rocket Slime has a better chance of getting in than Megaman, Geno, Ridley, K.Rool or Gallade. Gallade I could understand, being a rather obscure character, but Rocket Slime beating Ridley? Yeah, you keep thinking that. By the way, I don't recall ever saying that Gallade was a shoe-in for Brawl. There's not much point in continuing this argument.
Erm, Slime's average popularity is equivalent or better to that of the protagonists of most of the games that you are supporting, let alone supporting characters.

Furthermore, his popularity is centered in the country where smash is from, since everyone here doesn't seem to realize how popular slime is simply because his popularity is relatively poor in this country, we can assume a similar effect for the Japanese, except overestimation instead of underestimation of popularity.

Which again proves how much culture shapes our views.

And A Link to the Snitch, please be a little lighter in your responses, they are serving to flamebait which doesn't help slime's case.

1. Mega Man and K. Rool are the only character you listed that's more well-known, and even K. Rool is sketchy, being that he's not the star. However, the point is moot. Supporting Gallade is infinitely more laughable than supporting a video game icon.

2. DQ games?

For the PSX, just Dragon Quest VII.

For the SNES, Dragon Quest V and VI.

For the DS, you can find Dragon Quest Monsters Joker, Dragon Quest Heroes, Dragon Quests IV-VI (remade ala the PlayStation remakes), and the upcoming, full 3D Dragon Quest IX, with online and create-a-character.

3. Are you trying to prove that you have a mental deficiency? Well, for you Journeyman, here's a little education that you seem to have gotten in your third year of the third grade - your personal opinion, your mediocre opinion, is not an argument, nor is it worth dirt. My facts, that do not actually incorporate my personal opinion of the series but rather the masses' personal opinions, as well as sales data, age, relevance, and the simple fact that he's a highly iconic character that requires no one to have played DQ to know our little Slime friend.

Face facts - I've won, you've lost. It doesn't even require me to reiterate my to-date bulletproof argument, but I like to humor you by pretending that I pay you mind. Heavens knows you need it.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
1. Mega Man and K. Rool are the only character you listed that's more well-known, and even K. Rool is sketchy, being that he's not the star. However, the point is moot. Supporting Gallade is infinitely more laughable than supporting a video game icon.

2. DQ games?

For the DS, you can find Dragon Quest Monsters Joker, Dragon Quest Heroes, Dragon Quests IV-VI (remade ala the PlayStation remakes), and the upcoming, full 3D Dragon Quest IX, with online and create-a-character.

3. Are you trying to prove that you have a mental deficiency? Well, for you Journeyman, here's a little education that you seem to have gotten in your third year of the third grade - your personal opinion, your mediocre opinion, is not an argument, nor is it worth dirt. My facts, that do not actually incorporate my personal opinion of the series but rather the masses' personal opinions, as well as sales data, age, relevance, and the simple fact that he's a highly iconic character that requires no one to have played DQ to know our little Slime friend.

Face facts - I've won, you've lost. It doesn't even require me to reiterate my to-date bulletproof argument, but I like to humor you by pretending that I pay you mind. Heavens knows you need it.
Your post actually proves my point.
And trying to insult people doesn't make you right, you dont have a "bulletproof argument", you have no argument.
Also you prove your stupidity by implying peoples post count makes their opinions more important, and I don't think over 1000 posts in a couple of months is something to be proud of.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
A Link to the Snitch, stop it with the Ad hominem fallacty, it's just causing your actual arguments to be ignored, you'll never convince anyone of anything that way.

And for your information, nothing about a person's state reflects on the correctness of their arguments, so stop wasting everyone's time by continuously commenting the most irrelevant of irrelevant things, people's post counts.

Your post actually proves my point.
And trying to insult people doesn't make you right, you dont have a "bulletproof argument", you have no argument.
Also you prove your stupidity by implying peoples post count makes their opinions more important, and I don't think over 1000 posts in a couple of months is something to be proud of.
Actually, couched in all that BS was a point.

DQ is a VERY popular series, the sheer number of entries (and Enix's decision to stop releasing entries in the series on weekday's because the nation's productivity took a drastic downturn each time) bear testament to this.

It's just not PARTICULARLY popular in the US, but still a recognizable series, even here.

The fact that Neo actually believes the fact that all my points remain standing, with not a single one having been shown to be incorrect at all, shows that it's them hating truth that causes arguments to be ignored, not my arrogance or insults.

I have decided that since my arguments, my bulletproof arguments (hey, what can I say? You didn't counter any, so I'm just going to call them bulletproof), have been routinely ignored by most of the users, I'll attack the trolls.

I, and the rest of the free world don't care what you think about DQ. This isn't for you to troll DQ, and by the fact that you actually felt the need to troll DQ in a discussion about Slime shows that you are a troll and can contribute nothing but mediocrity to this thread (and probably everything else).

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Actually, couched in all that BS was a point.

DQ is a VERY popular series, the sheer number of entries (and Enix's decision to stop releasing entries in the series on weekday's because the nation's productivity took a drastic downturn each time) bear testament to this.

It's just not PARTICULARLY popular in the US, but still a recognizable series, even here.
But my last post didn't even mention DQ...
And I know it's recognizable outside of Japan, but IMO it's not that good.
Also being know is not the same as being good, some things are known for their innovation while others are known for how much they sucked, among other reasons obviously.

JEBesh

Smash Cadet
Ugh.. this guy begs to be flamed. Just make your character support topic and leave it at that. Your playground ad hominem isn't helping your argument at all, it's just making you look like a prick. If you could set your monumental ego aside for three posts, you may be able to construct a valid point worth reading.

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice

2. DQ games?

[sarcasm]Nothing argues your point better than resorting to personal insults![/sarcasm]

Idiot. In my Gallade thread, which can be found here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=135100, I put as much detail as you did with your Slime idea, except for one detail. I take criticism without resorting to idiocy and starting a flame war. Unlike you, I acknowledge that Gallade has only a tiny chance to get into Brawl. Why can't you acknowledge the same about Rocket Slime?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
The fact that Neo actually believes the fact that all my points remain standing, with not a single one having been shown to be incorrect at all, shows that it's them hating truth that causes arguments to be ignored, not my arrogance or insults.

I have decided that since my arguments, my bulletproof arguments (hey, what can I say? You didn't counter any, so I'm just going to call them bulletproof), have been routinely ignored by most of the users, I'll attack the trolls.

I, and the rest of the free world don't care what you think about DQ. This isn't for you to troll DQ, and by the fact that you actually felt the need to troll DQ in a discussion about Slime shows that you are a troll and can contribute nothing but mediocrity to this thread (and probably everything else).
I'm sorry if you though that I was just overlooking your arguments, but the truth is I haven't seen any, maybe I just missed them as I only read around 4 pages and most of your posts were the same "you have no argument I win" thing.
And one more thing "actually believes the fact that all my points remain standing, with not a single one having been shown to be incorrect at all, shows that it's them hating truth that causes arguments to be ignored" Did you read that before posting? , cause it's actually the opposite of what was going on. I think that's what you believed, not me.

1. Um, see, DQ's popular because they consider the game good, and it has a likable mascot.

2. I'd given up on it the very first instant in time that someone decided to be a trolling **** and - instead of providing arguments or debunking arguments, just attacks the idea. So, people who troll the character all of a sudden deserve me to say "oh yes, you're allowed to have opinions". I'm taking the kid's gloves off if others are.

3. I don't even think or want Slime in Brawl, because the roster is too small for a third third party character. However, don't even compare Gallade and Slime. Is Gallade an icon? No. Is Slime an icon? Hell yes. I took criticism fine - excuse me if I don't roll over and be polite for trolls who dislike the notion of Slime so much that they have to be rude about it. A person who comes in and attacks the DQ franchise for no reason - your opinion of DQ has literally not even one bit of relevance to his inclusion, since the masses strongly disagree with you - does not warrant politeness. If you come in, rudely attack the character, and then expect a polite response, feh. That's not how life works. :)

4. Is there some kind of drug you took that actually caused you to undo the >25 million copies sold in the DQ series - in Japan? Presumably not, that's one point you failed at.

Did you prove that there was any limitation that would prevent Sakurai from making him work? I don't believe so. Another one bites the dust.

Did you prove he was not iconic? No, since DQ is the original console RPG, predating Final Fantasy. Yet another, huh?

I'm really at a loss as to what you've proven wrong. What criterias does he fail, sir?

Rowsen

Smash Rookie
So, Slime is an icon. Big deal!
Cloud is an icon. Will he get in? No.
Master Chief is an icon. Will he make the cut? Signs point to no.
Just because a character is an icon does not mean they should be in the game.

Maybe you should take the **** criticisms instead of being an *** about it. It's like arguing the evolutionary theory with a fundamentalist.

Oh and post counters = importance?
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
I could post as much BS as you. I could then say that the sky is pink with green dots. You'd have to believe me. I'm a Smash Lord!
HOLY ****

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
But my last post didn't even mention DQ...
And I know it's recognizable outside of Japan, but IMO it's not that good.
Also being know is not the same as being good, some things are known for their innovation while others are known for how much they sucked, among other reasons obviously.
I know, but the post you quoted did, you didn't mention and attack his actual points because you were too busy refuting his childish insults, which was the entire point of my criticism of him. For you, I was just pointing out that he did in fact make a worthwhile point, albiet one rather difficult to notice.

But, back to DQ, it's known for being a reasonably good series in the US, albeit rather entrenched in the past, though the later titles have enhanced it's reputation considerably stateside. Internationally it does better, and in Japan it's an absolute phenomenon.

Overall, it's popularity averages out to at least LoZ, that along with the Japanese popularity bias gives slime a reasonable chance.

You spent so much time with personal attacks that your actual points were barely noticable, so they got skipped over, that much should be obvious.

Again, you're not helping Slime's case by personally attacking every single person who says that Slime is a poor choice.

And don't call people who disagree with you "troll".

I'm not going to rewrite the entire post about this, but I will link to it, and I highly suggest you read it, or be ignored, your choice.

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3577892&postcount=1873

Where's Eldezar when you need him, he sigged this.

JEBesh

Smash Cadet
2. I'd given up on it the very first instant in time that someone decided to be a trolling **** and - instead of providing arguments or debunking arguments, just attacks the idea. So, people who troll the character all of a sudden deserve me to say "oh yes, you're allowed to have opinions". I'm taking the kid's gloves off if others are.
The way to fight flaming is not flamebait. It just degrades your thread, and causes people to overlook your points in light of the incredibly annoying ego you're presenting for yourself.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I don't even know to whom post are directed at anymore...
And about that Gallade thing, you're right I bet most people don't know who or what he is(me included), but arguing over 2 characters that have no chance of being in doesn't really make sense, winning the argument is not going to get your character in the game.
Also I didn't get the glove thing, care to explain?

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
The way to fight flaming is not flamebait. It just degrades your thread, and causes people to overlook your points in light of the incredibly annoying ego you're presenting for yourself.
Excellent response. It's intelligent people like you who make me like this forum. Pity they're not as common as the idiots who can't tell a good character from their ******* (No, Link to the Snitch, I'm not talking specifically about you). :ohwell:

1. Cloud is a predominantly Sony icon. Master Chief is a dominantly MS icon. Slime is a predominantly Nintendo icon. Terrible comparison.

2. Timeline:

Gave all my arguments.
People trolled, insulted.
I insulted back.

Notice how I provided a very easy way for people to respond to my points? Hmm? I don't believe I slipped any insults in my points. The fact that the insulting did not begin with me, but with those who decided to troll Slime, gives me a bit of a right to insult back.

3. Importance? No, no, no. You see, I just gave them some cute nick names. You don't think they are cute?

4. If you do not wish to be insulted, enter this thread with a bit of dignity. If you're willing to discuss this politely, then I am. However, I will not hesitate to shoot you down if you're wearing the target.

5. And right, people talking about how much they dislike DQ and bringing that into a discussion of his likelihood isn't trolling. Maybe stupid, but not trolling.

6. Wearing an extremely overinflated ego is entertaining, though. It IS how people force competition down, especially if the competition has no argument.

7. And excuse me? I'm afraid I must correct you. See, I do not recall flaming anyone who didn't ask to be flamed. If you want to present your opinion, do it without "you suck for posting such an idea", "DQ sucks" (not an argument, but whatever), "he's a sucky character", "the moveset is a piece of crap", etc., and we'll all be great.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
The "kid gloves" thing?

It was a bad attempt at justification for the way he's been handling differing opinions.
Thanks for explaining, and by the way, is that a saying(or an expression/figure of speech)?
Cause if it's not it doesn't make any sense.

JEBesh

Smash Cadet
1. Cloud is a predominantly Sony icon. Master Chief is a dominantly MS icon. Slime is a predominantly Nintendo icon. Terrible comparison.

2. Timeline:

Gave all my arguments.
I insulted back.

Notice how I provided a very easy way for people to respond to my points? Hmm? I don't believe I slipped any insults in my points. The fact that the insulting did not begin with me, but with those who decided to troll Slime, gives me a bit of a right to insult back.

3. Importance? No, no, no. You see, I just gave them some cute nick names. You don't think they are cute?

4. If you do not wish to be insulted, enter this thread with a bit of dignity. If you're willing to discuss this politely, then I am. However, I will not hesitate to shoot you down if you're wearing the target.

5. And right, people talking about how much they dislike DQ and bringing that into a discussion of his likelihood isn't trolling. Maybe stupid, but not trolling.

6. Wearing an extremely overinflated ego is entertaining, though. It IS how people force competition down, especially if the competition has no argument.
And with this, the only thing you've "proven" is that you have absolutely no shame when it comes to how childish you make yourself out to be, and that reasoning with you is a pointless endeavor. Good day, sir. You're free to continue driving your own thread into the ground.

Then why did you post this ****?
If people don't create new venues of discussion, people go mad.

That's the truth of life, my friend.

I do not take the blame for peoples' inability to respond to a discussion without anything worth contributing. If you have a reasonable opinion to present, do so. I don't even care if you do it without any good reason. As long as you present it like an adult, wonderful. But even if you had some amazing, game-winning argument, I wouldn't pay you any mind if you didn't act like an adult.

I you don't want me to be rude, don't be rude.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
2. Timeline:

Gave all my arguments.
I insulted back.
Doesn't matter, as soon as you give in you are no less culpible and your points are recognized as just as weak by independent observers. You give yourself a legitimate chance at appearing to be the winner by not lowering yourself to that level.

Otherwise, people will simply ignore your points, however good they might have been. If everyone is throwing out insults, they'll ignore everyone, plain and simple.

No, they're not cute, they're a reference to their titles which references to their post counts. In the context you used them, it was very strongly implied that you were suggesting that the title was correlated with the importance of the points, and if you didn't mean it that way, state it clearly now, and apologize.

Exactly, so point it out LOGICALLY.

Take it from somebody who regularly participates in debates, on a variety of matters in variety of forums, appearing arrogant is the number one way to lose a debate, no matter how good your points are, people react VERY badly to it, it just makes them want to speak or write more and more against you, no matter how irrational that might be.

Be nice, and you better your chance at winning in the observer's eye's. Be arrogant and you lower said chances significantly.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Then I guess it's better to close this...
@ JEBesh: he proved that with most of his posts, not just here but on a lot of threads. I even remember someone calling him a "gay loser"(lol childish), just to give an answer to his "rude" posts or maybe just to insult him(lol yet again).

Rowsen

Smash Rookie
If people don't create new venues of discussion, people go mad.

That's the truth of life, my friend.

I do not take the blame for peoples' inability to respond to a discussion without anything worth contributing. If you have a reasonable opinion to present, do so. I don't even care if you do it without any good reason. As long as you present it like an adult, wonderful. But even if you had some amazing, game-winning argument, I wouldn't pay you any mind if you didn't act like an adult.

I you don't want me to be rude, don't be rude.
BS. You've been rude from the first criticism. And can the "I said it therfore it's truth" attitude and the superiority complex. It's not helping you Little Man. (I can make demeaning names too! Like it?)

Top Bottom