• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocket Slime for Brawl. Accept no substitutes.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Ok the joke is over, im out of this thread. hopefully it will fall to the back pages.

but good luck to you. you will need it.

vesperview

Smash Hero
He's a giant floating head. Does Andross have the ability to grab things with his head? Or throw things? Nope.

You have again failed to give any reason whatsoever why limbless characters can't get in.

Sakurai doesn't use "no limbs" as a criteria for anything, so Andross not being playable means nothing whatsoever.
FYI, current Andross has hands, but they still didn't include him, you're just pulling ideas out of your *** that have absolutely no basis to the actual character, Kawashima is most likely not going to be in Brawl as a playable for that reason, tell me how a third party blob would be in Brawl over Megaman or even Sora?

1. Well, Deuce, if I have to argue against people with such a quick wit and backing for his argument, then I think that I have too much luck as it is.

2. You still haven't said why not having limbs hurts his chances.

Why?

Give me one reason.

One reason why it couldn't work.

And a hint - the fact that a character is not playable and does not have limbs does not turn into "limbless characters are impossible because this limbless guy didn't get in". Nintendog has fur, but is not playable. Does this make furry animals impossible as playable?

vesperview

Smash Hero
And a hint - the fact that a character is not playable and does not have limbs does not turn into "limbless characters are impossible because this limbless guy didn't get in". Nintendog has fur, but is not playable. Does this make furry animals impossible as playable?
There is a big difference, they have LIMBS and most characters that are not human in Smash have fur, no arguments left huh?

Is there a particular reason why you have not given a single argument why a character not having limbs makes him impossible to work as a playable?

Let me guess - you can't come up with one and are presenting the worst argument in the history of time?

Tell me if I'm close.

Because he is able to:

Grab
Throw
Use items
Walk
Run
Jump
Duck
Attack
Defend
Dodge
Taunt

etc.

His lack of limbs does not matter, because what the other characters do with limbs, he does without them.

Also, why are you mentioning Andross? As far as I recall, you said his latest incarnation has limbs. So you can compare a limbed character to Slime, but I cannot compare someone who should be physically incapable of holding things to Slime?

Intercept

Smash Journeyman
Ok, Starfox 64 is one of my favorite games of all time. I have rarely ever played a Dragon Quest game. However, If I did, I could probably make a moveset for Slime easier than Andross. Andross has, what, two, three moves? Also, he would have to float. All the time. Not float when he moves like Mewtwo. All the time. I wouldn't want to see Andross as a playable character, because of his awkwardness and how much would have to be made up. But, while we're on the topic, how do you know he won't be a character? Strange they used old Andross as an AT isn't it? I personally think he'll be a boss, but you never know.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I will have to side with the TC here. Slime may not have limbs, but he can still do all the things a character with limbs can. He has proven it in the DQ games and he has proven that he can be a very interesting and unique character for Brawl. I think this Slime idea is a good one. I would also like to point out that Slime is not a floating head like Andross or Dr. K.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
Slime = Pwnage... Really Rocket slime is a good idea... Final smash = Lots of slimes smash or do something or rocket's tank perhaps?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I like the gold slime better....it learns big bang and surge...
but in any case I doubt this character would get into brawl unless buy some awful twist of fate sakurai chooses him to be a fourth third party character.

Ultimate Ultimate

Smash Rookie
While I think there are better choices out there I will admit it would be interesting. While I've never played a DQ game if all you say is true then he should work just fine. I'll definitely give you props for creativity and I feel sorry for all the flaming your getting over the subject.

Don't feel sorry for me - there's a good reason why no one could come up with a reason why Slime could not work.

Let's just say that some people have an inability to take logic and evidence and form a reasonable argument with them.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
FACT: Out of all the generic, reoccurring monsters in any RPG game, the Dragon Quest/Warrior's Slimes are the best.

For jumping, he could do a hop, and the second hop would be the wings from a DrakSlime, and for blocking it could be a BoxSlime, and for a Final Smash, a hoard of other Slimes come and combine with him to make a KingSlime for a bit. It could also use the magic and such for B special attacks, or use the physical moves from the RocketSlime game on the DS.

Unlikely as hell, but incredibly awesome.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
A blob has nothing on a Chocobo or a Moogle, even if they haven't been on all games, more people know FF than DQ, please.
Which is true, but that wasn't at issue.

What's at issue is that more people in JAPAN know DQ. Suffix everything with "in Japan" otherwise you're changing the arguing and essentially arguing against the aether. (not "in America", this isn't Yu-gi-oh the abridged series).

You don't realize the exposure it gets because until recently the series was not really a hit in the US, and it never had the mega-exposure it had in Japan, but it does, to the point where Enix stopped releasing it on weekdays because of the insane amount of kids cutting school and people calling in sick to work when DQIII was released.

Overall, I think that everyone discounting Slime right off the bat is incredibly Amero-centric, which would be fine if the game designers had an Amero-centric attitude, but they don't, they have a Japan-centric attitude.

It's like people saying Marth is definitely gonna be cut, sure the American audiences aren't particularly close to him, but he's a cultural icon in Japan, but nobody in America realizes that because they've only been following Fire Emblem since the sixth game. Slime is the same way, mega-popular in Japan, but nobody in America realizes it. I'm betting he was one of the first third-party characters brought up as a possibility.

Mark my words, the odds of any FF character getting in over slime are extremely low, Final Fantasy's major audience is international, why would Sakurai go for a character from the series that is mega-popular in America instead of the series that is mega-popular in Japan?

platnum

Smash Lord
IF I WERE A MOD...*does closerism**youko punch**bowser FSmash**summons bahamut**hits close*

this thread is now dead.good night.

Well, it's nice to know that the popular option for users is to try anything to avoid looking stupid for participating in an argument that they knew nothing about and were gambling that the other user wasn't able to refute any point made by them?

If you were a mod, the suicide rate would be exceptionally high among people with accounts here.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
In your moveset, you have Rocket Slime's power rating at **. I'm a little baffled by this. Rocket Slime is incredibly strong. How does he merit a low power stat like that?

Rocket's not THAT strong. He's a basic slime - if you look at his main game, you'll see that he struggles to knock one of those Dragon Tortoises off of its feet, and that he cannot knock an Ogre off of its feet.

Cless

Smash Champion
I just dunno how I feel about Rocket turning into other Slimes, but I guess you can't really make a moveset unless you include the various slimes from DQ.

Point being? Mr. Game & Watch summons two firemen floating in the air with a trampoline out of nowhere.

Besides Slime's moves, which include the Elasto Blast, Blaze, Dig, Float, Slime Knight, etc., the one major aspect of Slime is that he has many dozens of variations which have a variety of unique skills. If Slime got into Brawl, it would be stupid to not acknowledge that.

Cless

Smash Champion
Mr. Game & Watch used moves from all of his games that he did. Rocket didn't turn into other slimes. The closest thing would be his donning a suit of armor to be a Slime Knight. Those other slimes have the unique skills, not the blue slime, but like I said, you can't really do a moveset unless you do include the others, so the point is pretty much moot.

Zelda doesn't use any skill except for Transform, Ness can't use any skill except for PK Flash and PSI Shield, etc.

At least Slime's moves would be based on variations of him, while Zelda and Ness take moves from other characters.

Cless

Smash Champion
True, but Zelda is a sage. It'd be unreasonable for her to not know the magic of the goddesses. It just fits.

Name them.

The silent hero from DQsI-III?

Torneko from DQIV and a few other games?

The Hero from not a single Nintendo game?

Dracolord, the boss of one game?

Yeah, I'd much rather have those one-time wonders than someone who has been in roughly every DQ game that has ever been created.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I agree. Slime is the clear icon of the series and as such out prioritizes just about anyone out there on the DQ front.

Cless

Smash Champion
Before I even ever played a DQ game, I still knew what the Slime was. Any gamer worth their salt will know Slime.

DarkDeoxys26

Smash Apprentice
Can't Rocket stretch to attack? If so, why can't he stretch and FORM limbs to attack. I can see him sweeping out a part of his body to hit, and that's good enough.

IMO, I think he should use his tank as a Final Smash, and shoot everything and run over people, but that would be similar to the Landmaster Tank.

Cless

Smash Champion
But he stretches to charge his roll. He doesn't have shapeshifting abilities. He uses his whole body for the Elasto Blast.

Top Bottom