• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock'em Sock'em Fighting Game Tournaments!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the mm already happened xD maybe another one if we dont meet in bracket...or im really salty for whatever reason @.@

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I need help with setups so if you can bring one and we use it I will comp your venue.
Does this apply for all systems? i.e., should I bring my Xbox and monitor?

And can you speak a little about security? I want to bring my recording setup, but for the past few tournaments I've been too neurotic about it being stolen to bother.

ReSe_Tactiks

Smash Cadet
Does this apply for all systems? i.e., should I bring my Xbox and monitor?

And can you speak a little about security? I want to bring my recording setup, but for the past few tournaments I've been too neurotic about it being stolen to bother.
As far as your xbox and monitor goes I can usually use extra setups. However I am very picky about the monitors. It has to be a lagless flat screen if it's for fighters. You can bring a CRT for Smash but that would be all I would comp for if it's a CRT.
What kind of Monitor do you have and what games for the 360 do you have?

As for the stream equipment I would have you a spot setup exactly the same as I have my stream setup. You would be confined behind tables so people would have to be let behind there to get to anything. You just have to be selective about who you let back there. You are responsible for your stuff but I take every measure to make sure nothing gets stolen. If you do have any problems let me know so I can address it. I have yet to have any problems so I think you will be fine.

I won't have the room for you to stream at this tourney. I am just asking if there is someone that wants to do it for August's tourney forward. I have to get the internet figured out but if you want to do it we can talk more about it and prepare for Augusts tourney.

Hit me up on facebook if you want to do it or talk more about it.
Brian ReSe_Tactiks Peck

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I work like crazy on this date :(

I'l try 2 come 2 a NC tourney in AUG cuz I'm moving here next week

:sonic:

Joopiterman

Smash Rookie
Hey guy sorry about not responding recently, I was out of town. Thank you Jaurice for posting the registration link up on here. Thanks guys for keeping this topic alive and I hope to see everyone out tomorrow. Thank you Tactiks for covering me while I was out.

:phone:

Regin

Smash Cadet
I have 2 Wiis and 2 copies of Brawl I can bring. If any one can bring an extra tv, that would be great.

Joopiterman

Smash Rookie
We don't have the document up yet but from what I remember brawl singles was

1.Luckay
2.Scotty O.B
3. Archer

Melee singles
1. Sneak

That's all I really know to be honest, and that Scotty OB and Archer won brawl doubles. We will have full results in the next 2 days.

:phone:

ReSe_Tactiks

Smash Cadet
Here are the results!!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14708384#post14708384

Thanks again for coming out guys. I have some things I am working on for you guys for next month.

Also, I can say it enough but thank you everyone for your patience as I learn how you guys do things. I am putting things in place for next month that will make it run 100x faster and smoother.

I will post up all of the info for the next one and some things that I am working on this week. I will also have the preregistration page up this week, if not Monday, so you will have a month to get that done and help keep the lines smaller and the starting time faster.

I will have 2 lines next month. One for those who preregister and one for those that don't.

Thanks again. I plan to make this a great event for you guys. It just takes time for me to learn your ways ;)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
"We will have full results in the next 2 days."

results posted 20 mins later

good stuff guys =D really sad I couldnt make this but life got in the way. should be at the next one tho

ReSe_Tactiks

Smash Cadet
"We will have full results in the next 2 days."

results posted 20 mins later

good stuff guys =D really sad I couldnt make this but life got in the way. should be at the next one tho
Haha. I used to have them up on Monday cause Sunday I spend with my family after a tourney but it's not fair you guys don't get the official word till late so I will always have the results up on Sunday. When on Sunday? Now that's the mystery!! lol

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Had a fun time. I'll try to make it out to more of these, and more tourneys in general. Now that I'm making bank, funds is no longer an issue... but time may be. LoL.

Anyway, I had a great time- but am 50/50 on my performance. I had a solid performance (imo) against Lucky losing 1-2, but was a bit disappointed in my showing against GQ, especially at the end of the 3rd game. I feel as if I was frustrated+choked. (Not taking anything away from him, as his performance/effective strategies resulted in aforementioned frustration/choking... but def good stuff man and super fun games!) Though, at the same time I was pleased I won my MM against Elite, as I usually struggle against Peaches.

Sorry I dipped out b4 teams. I had to meet the gf's mom/stepdad and cowokers for a free (nice) dinner/drinks. Smoozing with future inlaws on their tab>losing 2nd round in dubs (if anyone would have teamed with me! lol)

All in all, lots of fun. Hope to make it out more often (as always.....). <.< >.>

Top Bottom