• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROCK SMASH (AID)!!! SRU, PA Tourney, Nov. 3rd

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
I wanna come to this i'll see if Ultima Scout, Damon180, and Vagabond can make it too, maybe even my brother will come.
And yes i'll accept mms from everyone including Cactuar, Mow, or anybody else.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Komo, that would be amazing. Also, Cactuar is coming? Or you are accepting MMs IF he comes? (I don't wanna get too excited. Between Sonic, and finding out that Komo AND Cactuar are coming in the same week...I may explode.)

El_Komosutro

Smash Journeyman
lol excepting mms if he comes which he probably will since its eems everyone else in pa is coming to this unfortunately it means most likely m2k is gonna be attending also

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
O_O really? Going back to my head exploding, M2K coming, on its own, would make my head explode. "Mew2King is sooo nice"

D

Deleted member

Also gotta remember the people that complain about the game and ruin the experience for the person either playing against or around said player.
If I'm ruining the game for any PA player other than you I'd apologize. You and I are both douchebags, but at least I'm an established douchebag with lots of PA smasher friends. That and that people actually enjoy playing against me, especially if they want to improve.

So, who wants to crash at my house overnight to make the trip easier? It sure would be difficult to go all the way from east PA to play a tournament and drive home. I have an extra bed that can fit 2 and 2 large couches. If you bring sleeping bags, we might as well call it a party.

Call it in advance. JD I think it would be really sweet if you could pick me up for this.

Also, let's have a haphazard training session next weekend. Who's down?

Royboy78

Smash Rookie
I think it be best to bring Game cubes cause wii are hard to hook up and there more expese if it accidently falls off the table so for any who is bring stuff cubes over wiis

* I might be able to bring A tripod and Camera * Cross your fingues for me

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I edited in some notes about food, and a small RF switch problem. I just got off of the phone with Royboy, who seems to have taken care of that. Thanks a million.

A question to some people, because I remember Pocky saying something in Ohio, along the lines of, and I paraphrase to the best of my memory, "They shouldn't be focusing on the winners bracket, they should do more of the losers first." Or maybe backwards, but it was SOMETHING like that...Anyway, because this is my first tourney, I would like for someone to help me with the order the matches should go in.

pockyD

Smash Legend
basically, when you have a full set of winner's bracket and loser's bracket matches to play, always play the loser's set first

so in my mind, it should go like

1st round of winner's (loser's doesn't exist at this point)
1st round of loser's
2nd round of winner's
2nd round of loser's
3rd round of loser's
3rd round of winner's
4th round of loser's
5th round of loser's
4th round of winner's
etc.

of course after a while, there aren't enough matches such that people will be kept waiting so you just put on whatever you can at the time

the reason for this type of alternating is that it keeps everyone playing at a consistentish rate; imagine if the entire winner's bracket was played out before loser bracket matches were played; the people who ended up losing later in the winner's bracket have to wait a while for their next match while those in the loser's bracket can build momentum / stay warmed up by playing consecutive matches

i'm also personally in favor of holding winner's finals to happen right before loser's finals to 'build the drama' if you will, but that doesn't make it go faster or anything (on the contrary, it would slow it down a bit)

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, pictures would be really nice to have. I somehow don't think I will have the time to take some, myself. So that would be awesome!

Scar

#HarveyDent
Doesn't Smashacre always do winners first? And then moves to loser's after? So like the top 4 from winners usually wait a pretty long while before they play another match.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Doesn't Smashacre always do winners first? And then moves to loser's after? So like the top 4 from winners usually wait a pretty long while before they play another match.
something like that, and i don't really like that system -_-

Nova X81

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4768-7615-3064
Switch FC
SW-1268-6324-2517
this is mow, and you're on! I'm gonna start training w/ reik tonight, so watch out, I'll be ready for you.

Iron Jawbone

Servant of Malroth
It's been way too long since I've been to a real tournament so I do believe I'll make an effort to come to this one. I'll bring my friend, a cube, full memory card, and a controller for each of us. Anything else that I could bring besides cash?

Oh, I'm well aware of the fact that my friend and I are no names in the community, so here's a quick run down. While we are hardly national level players, we should be good enough that you guys won't fall asleep playing us...hopefully.

That's it, see you guys on the 3rd.

Royboy78

Smash Rookie
lol this toney is going to be intesnse lol
I'm bring a tripod and VIDEO CAMERA so we can recoard the matches so yeah lets make this good
-9volt+
It would be easier if everyone brought cubes hook up resons

Dacvak

Smash Ace
+9Volt- is the best person in the world, and I will be there.

~Dac

Edit: +9volt- is at my apartment right now, and just posted that on my name. What a f*cker.

~Dac^2

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
EMERGENCY! I need as many people as possible to input on this.

I got kicked out of the Lobby for Rock Smash. Normally, they would tell the other event people to get lost, but because its the president, I cant do anything about it. The multipurpose room is taken for that evening. I am positive, that unless we rent 3 separate rooms, we can not fit anywhere else for Nov. 3rd.

What other dates are good for you guys?

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Well, Smash Aid has been dead for awhile, hasn't it? I guess I made my own ^_^

Impp

Smash Ace
If it isn't on the same day as any Ohio tournaments, some of us will probably show up... I'll spread the word...
I think I heard Vidjo might be having his next biweekly on the 10th. I'm not sure though, but the 17th works for me.

Royboy78

Smash Rookie
ahhh this is going to kill me cause i got work off and i have ppl from other states coming here wow i though you had this all worked out

D

Deleted member

i'm using this smash event as a reason to go home in erie for the first time since may, and the last time until next may, and it's hard for me to get rides places without a car. I'm also using the smash event as a reason to meet up with my highly elusive friend vidjogamer, who I haven't seen since FC over the summer. Rent 3 separate rooms or w/e but don't change the date.

Royboy78

Smash Rookie
yea do anything but change the date cause it going to be hard for everone to get work off and change there plans and get some ppl out of here

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Wait, Vidjo is coming? Anyway, I think I have it worked out. I met with the President, and he might move his thing instead. I'm meeting with him tomorrow and I will have a 100% answer. Sorry for scaring everyone.

EDIT: Wes, I forgot to tell you, by making that post, you have committed to coming to this now.

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
Wait, Vidjo is coming? Anyway, I think I have it worked out. I met with the President, and he might move his thing instead. I'm meeting with him tomorrow and I will have a 100% answer. Sorry for scaring everyone.

EDIT: Wes, I forgot to tell you, by making that post, you have committed to coming to this now.
WOOT yeah I am a nerd Hope it goes well

Top Bottom