• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROCK SMASH (AID)!!! SRU, PA Tourney, Nov. 3rd

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Ok, this **** is on. All they can do now is kick us out. So I edited in a few basic rules that i would expect any normal person to follow regardless, but I put them in anyway. Also, I forgot about the coffee shop thats in Lobby of where we are playing. Like I said, friendlies start at 12. I probably won't be there to start setting up till 11. Anyone is welcome to come and help me set up. If you show up early, and wanna hang out, call my Cell#. PLEASE print out a campus map. I would love to be able to just give you a building and you go there. Guiding you by lefts and rights is VERY hard to do, you will see what I mean when you get here. I'm pretty sure I want to have non-elimination pools for singles. Also, does anyone think we should do teams first? Also, I have recieved info that you can park anywhere on weekends. They don't check for guest parking passes on weekends in any lot, unless a sign says "residents only" or something like that. I thought it was just in the spots I circled.

@Royboy, I was told that the TVs I have will all have AV jacks, so you might not need those RF switches. It wouldn't hurt to be prepared though.

EDIT: I may move it on my own to the game room downstairs. 1. They have a big screen TV. 2. There is a conference going on in the multi-purpose room, and they may be hanging out in the lobby, where we would be playing. I dont want to inconvenience us. Im meeting with the guy at 1 today.

EDIT2. I am proposing a 60, 30, 10 split of the pot for prizes. k?

EDIT3: we moved downstairs. Ill put directions on the front page. This is good, because it allows us to be more noisy.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yo JD if u need a partner pick me..

then if u have a partner Zig Zag i would team with u

then if u have partner then D=

i dont even know if im coming to this yet.....

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
I'm not entirely sure if Im doing teams, as I havent really met any of the PA smashers yet.

Unless you guys are having smashing this weekend or next that I can come to and hang out in pittsburgh.

I REALLY am anxious for this, as I havent played against anything but level 1s since I got to college...I might be a bit mentally rusty.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol JD is so good in teams. Anyone with El Komosutro wins hands down. I will put $$$ on that.

xyt

Smash Lord
@Nail Good job organizing this! i really wanna come.. hopefully there will be rides from pgh.
what version of DDR does SRU have?
@Renth we have a MM to do. Let's Do It.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Dude, you'd have to be so dumb to take that bet. JD is the most ridiculously amazing teams player I've ever seen.
I guess you saw through my ploy to steal your guys's money... oh well, I guess that means I have to be the idiot to bet against him.

I bet a billion dollars.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I can house like...3 people. I'm reserving a spot for Dale/Switch because thats been in the works for awhile. So, 2 more people can be housed here. Im throwing that on the first post.

EDIT: I lied, I can only sign in 2 people. Dac can house a whole lot of people in his a-part.

Renth

Smash Hero
this is short notice i know

but if someone gives me a ride i'd strongly appreciate it especially considering i'm moving back to FL before the end of november.

i want to play as much with you guys as i can =(

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Done and done. Quick question about Tio, I was messin around with it today. Once I have the rankings from pools, do I order ranks manually? I did that, and I put all the 1st places first, and then all the second places, then all the 3rds, etc. It seemed to turn out ok, but is this right?

Iron Jawbone

Servant of Malroth
Whew, I'm so glad that the date is still the same, but are we still smashing in the same building?

Oh, I'd also wonder if anyone would be up for some low tier MMs?

Royboy78

Smash Rookie
I think everyone she bring DS with pkm (pokemon) if they have it cause we all are and that is like everyone i'm bring with me

Renth

Smash Hero
Whew, I'm so glad that the date is still the same, but are we still smashing in the same building?

Oh, I'd also wonder if anyone would be up for some low tier MMs?
i'll low tier MM you all day if i can find a ride >_>

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
From Ohio, Impp is coming, and I dunno if he is bringing anyone. And Royboy is bringing 4-8 people with him as well.

Also, no one said if they would rather do teams first, then singles, or singles, then teams.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I added in a pedestrian warning. Pedestrians have the right of way at crosswalks here at SRU. Just be careful of that.

No one has said weather or not we should have teams or singles first. Everywhere else they have teams first, so I kind of want to do that.

Who from Pittsburgh is coming?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i dunno everyone in total but as far as i know Im most likely getting a ride from wesley in the case that he goes, which is "most likely".

teams first always.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
aight, good ****

EDIT: I edited in a revised schedule. Starting at the same time, but I want teams first. I was already leaning towards that, but now I'm positive.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
True, but these ones will walk across the street w/o even looking at you. This is goin down tomorrow...holy ****

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so after the tourney, and you havn't had enough smash, Dac is inviting people to come to his apartment like...5 blocks off campus. He has 42" no lag LCD to play smash on.

Iron Jawbone

Servant of Malroth
Despite having serious troubles with transportation/getting a ride, I'll still find my way there as I can finally play against some other people. I'm still bringing a copy of the game/full memory card/controllers, but there's no way I can haul over a console.

I look forward to this event.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
(this may or may not be to avoid a double-post. =P)

This is Dac. Not 9-volt. (See? I can jack his screen name, too.)

Anyway, for all of the people who are coming to the tournament tomorrow, you're all welcome to come to my apartment (which is within walking distance) if you haven't fully satisfied your Smash thirst. I know there are already a few people coming, so feel free to join in.

~Dac

Top Bottom