• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Just to remind everyone:

I am hosting this friday, so if you need/want to get some last minute practice before the monthly, you will be able to.

T-block

B2B TST
Wait, Mike still plays this game? =o

Got another one interested in coming on Saturday. People have had questions about the schedule, so it's important that we are able to stick to the times outlined in the OP. Can we be especially sure to have plenty of setups this time? Hensels, can we count on three TVs again? Everyone who is able should bring a Wii (Mark, Luke, Jack, Alvin, Kelvin, Ash) should bring one.

The Arsenal

Smash Cadet
Alvin and I will miss doubles.. we have a soccer meeting thing at 1pm Saturday which is important and cant skip... we will be there for singles though

Frenetic

Smash Rookie
For these tournaments how much time on average is spent playing vs waiting around for your turn? Are all the setups for the tournament or are some set up for friendlies all day or is it just at the end?

Limeee

Smash Champion
I supoooose i can bring a TV to the tourny if you guys need it...
doooo it <3

:009:
EDIT:
For these tournaments how much time on average is spent playing vs waiting around for your turn? Are all the setups for the tournament or are some set up for friendlies all day or is it just at the end?
there are occasional waiting times, but this will be alot better than animethon in terms of playing time. I used to worry about getting bored because of this sort of thing, but after a while i started to care about everybody and i didn't mind watching because it was important to me

KillLock

Smash Lord
Not sure who else is coming from st albert. I went down there a few years back for a tournament and there were tons of people. I told a few of them about our tournaments and 3 of them or so came down for one, but never came back.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Sounds good, do you guys know if anyone else from st albert is going?
Yeah we've had people come from st.albert but after one tournament they stopped coming. Typically new people come to one of our tournaments, get beat fairly badly and never come again. They think it's a waste of money or w.e, but I hope you see past the whole money thing. Once you get to know all of us it's a nice friendly community, and we do have non-money smashfests pretty regularly at people's houses.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Tournaments are pretty much smashfests too. They can be exciting sometimes, and you get to play people when they're really trying their best. Might as well try one tournament. If you don't like it don't fall off the face of the planet, you can always play smash with us without money involved (even at tournaments).

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Just reminding everyone that the earliest time people can come over is 4:00PM, and that everything should be ending around 10:30PM - 11:00PM.

Limeee

Smash Champion
Just reminding everyone that the earliest time people can come over is 4:00PM, and that everything should be ending around 10:30PM - 11:00PM.
Thanks for hosting these btw Yoshara, I'm super happy your so eager to pitch into the community :).
i hope i can come haha

Cathy

Smash Cadet
I may come to the tournament on Saturday. Does anybody want to team with me? (If I accept an offer to team with you, I will definitely come.)

T-block

B2B TST
:bluejump: HEY ALPHICANS :bluejump:

$5 MONEY MATCH :smash:
Two stock, six-minute timer, bo7, Pokemon Trainer :pt: vs. Game and Watch :gw:

Game 1: :eek: Corneria
Game 2: :love: Pictochat
Game 3: :colorful: Pirate Ship
Game 4: :surprised: Yoshi's Island: Melee
Game 5: :cyclops: Final Destination
Game 6: :evil: Luigi's Mansion
Game 7: :chuckle: Smashville

I will start as Charizard on Final Destination... assuming I haven't 4-0'd you by then :charizard: :006:

ARE YOU GAME :?: :demon:

:pictochat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom