• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors! (Edmonton, AB) - NEW LOCATION - April 27th, 2013 - Edmonton, Alberta

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Good games everyone! Everyone being Stephan, Jack and Ron. It was pretty fun. :p I think that's the fastest I've ever beaten most of Mega Man X before.
Yup, it's just too bad I had to reset at Launch Octopus and run through the game again, but it was still a lot of fun.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yup, it's just too bad I had to reset at Launch Octopus and run through the game again, but it was still a lot of fun.
Yeah Stephan's the real winner here.

We stopped at whoever could beat the first Sigma stage in a side by side race (cause it was getting late). Glitch happened and he had to start over. And even then he caught up to me and I narrowly won.

That was the first time I'd ever tried to race in Mega Man X.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Remember how I said that I would post the PSO2 open beta date once it was announced? Well PSO2 is going into open beta on June 21st (so Thursday). When the day rolls around I will be posting how to sign up on the Japanese site.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
For everyone wanting to sign up for the PSO2 Open Beta (which begins on the 21st at 1:00AM MST), here is a guide on how to do so http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-pre-open-beta-registration-guide/ . If you need help with figuring out anything else in the game (like menus or quest objectives) then that site should also have you covered. Also, if you can't find the link to the downloader (the program that downloads the beta client) on the Japanese site after signing up here is a link to the page it is on http://pso2.jp/players/download/ (it is the big button).

Something to keep in mind is that when you create a character on a ship (server), they are locked to that ship, so you should create a character on Ship 2, because that is where most of the English speaking audience will be playing (more specifically, Ship 2, Block 20, but from past experiences, Block 20 is usually full of people spouting memes and generally being annoying) . Also keep in mind that this game is optimized for gamepads, so if you have a PS3 controller/360 controller it will work perfectly for this game (there are also some options to reskin the button images with those of your controller of choice).

Lastly, some people are working on an English patch, but due to the encrypting method used for the OBT being different from what was used in the CBT it might take some time for it to be made, but once it is out I will post a link to it in this thread.

If anyone has any questions about things that I haven't covered here, just let me know and I will try to answer them as soon as possible.

P.S. Oh, just in case you want to add me on Skype, my name on that is Black.Mage.Knight .

EDIT: With the servers up and the OBT underway it has come to my attention that Ship 02 is very laggy due to the amount of people on it so as a result SEGA is locking character creation on Ship 02 temporarily so that people can spread out a bit more. Combine that with characters being locked to Ships, this means that you might want to wait it out till character creation is unlocked on there, or go to a different ship all together.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
@Everyone who joins PSO2: Post what Ship you are playing on that way we can be able to play together.

Also; you know how I mentioned that Ship 02 is not allowing new characters to be made on it right now? Well that now extends to Ships 1-5 (game is a bit more popular than they were expecting). So, in terms of remaining ships that english speaking people will be playing on there is Ship 10, and maybe Ship 09.

EDIT: Also, if you already created a character, but are on a different ship then the rest of us, then you would need to delete the character you created due to a one character per account limit (the game is a F2P so they are trying to milk you for anything that can be deemed extra without impeding on the actual game, and one of these things is multiple character slots). Before you think that this means you are stuck with one class, know that you can change classes at any time.

EDIT2: In order to delete your character you need to hold "Ctrl" while clicking "Yes"/"はい" (The left option in most cases).

EDIT3: Oh, and if you are struggling with the game being in Japanese, remember that http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/ should have a guide to cover you.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I'm interested in trying it out. So ship 10 is the secondary "english" server now?

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I'm interested in trying it out. So ship 10 is the secondary "english" server now?
EDIT: Nevermind, character creation is now locked on Ship 10 due to the amount of English speaking people Zerg Rushing the servers.

My new suggestion is Ship 09.

EDIT2: The only two ships which have character creation enabled on them are 7 & 9 right now.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Wowww even 10 got restricted? Jesus.

EDIT: Is it just me or is it patching really really really slowly.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Hopefully they will.

P.S. To everyone who does eventually get in, join Ship 9 (if you can) because that is the ship I am playing on, and it is kind of one of the only remaining ones.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Lol emergency maintenance right now I guess ;_;. Guess I don't get to create a character tonight.

lilseph

Smash Ace
So I'm in the game but this keeps popping up.

プレイヤーIDネームに
SEGA IDと同じ文字列を含めることは、
セキュリティの都合上できません。

別の内容でご登録をお願いいたします。

エラーコード[2300]

I google Translated it and assumed my ID was already taken but i tried like 15 different versions of "lilseph" and none of them worked. I then assumed that the ship was closed so i tried ship 7 after that but encountered the same problem. I have to go to work now so I can't figure it out but hopefully I can still play by the time I get back haha.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Google translate says you can't use the same name as your Sega ID (can't have the same strings). Ie: You can't have a player name the same as your login ID. I assume your variations all had some kind of "seph" or "lil" or w/e in there so I guess it doesn't want that?

And well, I'm in the game now.
Character name: Kohaku

So much moonspeak @_@. No idea what I'm doing \o/

Yoshara

Smash Lord
As a reminder for everyone signing up, after you log in for the first time, the box that pops up is for making a player name, which is used as your username in the place of your character's name (that way you can tell when a friend is just on a different character, and so multiple characters can have the same name).

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I wouldn't suggest to, seeing as Ship 02 will most likely be very laggy, and most ships now have a decent amount of english speaking players. I would instead suggest moving to Ship 10 because of it having a decent english speaking playerbase without too much lag.

@Everyone playing PSO2:
Remember to add me on Skype (Black.Mage.Knight) if you need any help setting up and/or playing the game.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I will be moving to Ship 10.

EDIT: Also, most of the english speaking players on Ship 10 congregate on Block 20.

EDIT2: I realize that I should probably post my Player and character names.

Character and Player Name: Yoshara

EDIT3: On a non PSO2 related note; I should be hosting next Friday (the 29th) and on that day I would like it if Keith could show up because I will need to ask him for advice on running tournaments.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
So I'm in the game but this keeps popping up.

プレイヤーIDネームに
SEGA IDと同じ文字列を含めることは、
セキュリティの都合上できません。

別の内容でご登録をお願いいたします。

エラーコード[2300]

I google Translated it and assumed my ID was already taken but i tried like 15 different versions of "lilseph" and none of them worked. I then assumed that the ship was closed so i tried ship 7 after that but encountered the same problem. I have to go to work now so I can't figure it out but hopefully I can still play by the time I get back haha.
You should use MKkyle.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
We need to decide on a July tourney date. This will be the last one a Sunday for the summer.

July 1, 8, 15, 22, 29. I can't make the 8th, and the 1st is probably too soon.

Limeee

Smash Champion
We need to decide on a July tourney date. This will be the last one a Sunday for the summer.

July 1, 8, 15, 22, 29. I can't make the 8th, and the 1st is probably too soon.
second sentence doesn't make sense lolol

i can make whatever doesn't interfere with folk fest. i dont even know when that is

:009:

Top Bottom