• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROBs Jab (DTilt) Lock match usage

Staco

Smash Champion
I found this, after watching a vid of the jiggly fair to Jab Lock combo
the only thing you can do to stop it is a tech
DI and pushing any button (except of the tech buttons) wont stop it, if you make the gyro thing (I think its the same with the fair thing)
the gyro stuff works with 40-60+ percentage
the fair thing 50 -60?
dont know, but maybe it changes from char to char

now watch and enjoy =)

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk5NA2ztfTk

Sudai

Stuff here
DI Up or jumping frees them of this as well. Percents will change based on weight. Gonna be pretty hard to pull this off either way, I imagine.

Staco

Smash Champion
DI up doesnt work
jump doesnt work

I tested everything

you can DI and jump out of the fair thing
but you cant di the gyro thing
watch all of the video ^^
the 2nd part is much more interesting
the only thing you can do against the gyro stuff is teching
nothing else

if you have got to much % you can di + jump out =/
but I think the most guys wont DI it ;)

edit:

okay, DI does work
you wont land on your back, if you DI =/

but I dont think your opponent will DI up all the time, while he only has got 40% ^^
so maybe it has got a good use in a match

if he doesnt di or jump at the right time (which is a rly short time) and if he doesnt tech you will get him =)

dash attack to jab lock works well, too
but then your opponent really has not to react xD

mindgame stuff ^^

Sudai

Stuff here
He means before the lock. Also, i'v done a few locks from a reverse bair.
Quite possibly the best set-up for the DTilt lock, imo. I completely forgot about that one but it's the only move with good trajectory for setting it up and I generally DTilt after my reverse BAirs anyway. :x

I think this is the first thing I've ever agreed with Nintendevil on. O.o

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Hey be nice, Nintendevil's posts have improved tenfold since a few months ago. He had a rough start, but I now consider him an official "intelligent" poster.

Sudai

Stuff here
He's by no means a bad poster, it's just this is the first big thing I've ever agreed with him on. Found it weird and decided to post about it. o.o Didn't mean it as a flame or anything of the sort but I can see how it might come out that way. x.x

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
He's by no means a bad poster, it's just this is the first big thing I've ever agreed with him on. Found it weird and decided to post about it. o.o Didn't mean it as a flame or anything of the sort but I can see how it might come out that way. x.x
>_> Meh everyone has their own styles. Even I disagree with a ton of stuff I said months ago though. It would also help if I brawled some of you, maybe to kinda get across what im saying :3 but I don't think any of us are exactly up for dittos. I'm used to a chat for organizing matches, so PMing kinda feels like nagging :x

[/semi-rant-suckup]

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
theres always a thing called shielding, its pretty instinctive when an opponent sees you holding a gyro in your hands.

idk know why you end with a nair/charged fmash, takes too long.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
cool stuff. did you try to up b out of that, and does it work on all characters? I guess if no one tests it I might try to test it.

Staco

Smash Champion
at the end he automatical stand up
so I can FSmash him ;)

yeah, bair is rly good for it, too
against rly bad players you can make a dash attack to get them to the lock

I tested it a bit and got the lock two times or sth.
but I rly tried to get it in all of the 10 matches and rly made gyro attack everytime with 40%

so, maybe you wont use it often
but a nice thing for a combo video, I guess
if you get it in a real match ^^
and your opponent will be rly surprised xP

and it is in german, because I am german (thats why my english is very bad)
greetz from europe :)

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
This seems to be an okay technique. As Sudai said, DI will probably somewhat affect this, although I don't believe jumping will. It doesn't seem as though the command could be input fast enough.

The down side to this is how much control this takes. Once it is set up, you must walk (not run) over to the opponet, d-tilt, then repeat. In the heat of battle, that is slightly harder to do. I would normally run and d-smash by instinct.

Top Bottom