• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Community AMA Thread.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What are your favorite Fire Emblem weapon types? What about specific weapons?

Who are your favorite video game characters that fit into the following archetypes?

All Time:
Fire Emblem:
Other Nintendo:
Female:
Non-Humanoid:
Silent:
Antagonistic:
Anti-Hero:
Robotic:

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
What are your hobbies outside of playing smash?

What are some of your favorite video games?

Do you have a favorite game genre you lean to?

What's your favorite color?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Well that was certainly a read from Raziek help a couple of minutes fly by.

Alright questions for @ False Sense False Sense .

Your favorite FE's and why?

Favorite classes?

Favorite weapons you can specific with any version of weapon as well?

Any game that you was excited for but was a big letdown?

Any game that you wasn't excited for but turn out that you loved it?

You follow the competitive smash scene at all?

Favorite player and least favorite player?

What do you like/dislike about Robin in smash 4?

Characters you wanna see buffs/nerfs?

favorite food?

any genres of books you like reading?

favorite movie?

favorite animal?

If you was able to have a super power for 24 hours and only 24 hours what would it be and why?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So what are you interested in studying, and by extension, doing with your life once you finish college?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Who are your favorite video game characters that fit into the following archetypes?

All Time:
Fire Emblem:
Other Nintendo:
Female:
Non-Humanoid:
Silent:
Antagonistic:
Anti-Hero:
Robotic:
All Time: Robin
Fire Emblem: Robin
Other Nintendo: Shulk
Female: Rosalina
Non-Humanoid: Dang it, this one's hard...
Silent: Red
Antagonistic: Hmm... Maybe Ghirahim?
Anti-Hero: N
Robotic: GLaDOS

What are your hobbies outside of playing smash?
I read from time to time. I can easily go through books if they interest me.

What are some of your favorite video games?
Some of my favorite video games would include Super Smash Bros. 4, Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon Emerald/ORAS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Ni No Kuni, Animal Crossing, etc.

Do you have a favorite game genre you lean to?
You can probably guess that my favorite game genre is RPG. Strategy games like that have always appealed to me.

What's your favorite color?
My favorite color is blue, the color of intellect. :148:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. How is the amiibo situation for you?
  2. Outside of Fire Emblem and Smash, what other video game franchises do you love playing?
  3. Your thoughts on Lucas, Roy, and Ryu?
  4. If you can add any character, who would it be and why?
  5. What were you looking forward to in the Digital Event?
  6. What was your favorite thing from the Digital Event and did you think it was lackluster?
  7. Who is your FE waifu?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Your favorite FE's and why?
My favorite Fire Emblem game as of now is Awakening. The game is just huge, and there's so much you can do and do differently each time you play. Overall, I find it to be the most fun of the Fire Emblem game's I've played.

Favorite classes?
My favorite classes in Fire Emblem are usually those that are capable of magic. I'm especially fond of classes that can use dark magic, as it's usually quite potent and fun to use.

Favorite weapons you can specific with any version of weapon as well?
Again, magic has always been my favorite, so I have to go with tomes. Not only do they have the benefit of being long-ranged, but they often hit hard on the opponent's weaker defensive side. For specific tomes, I've always loved Nosferatu; being able to heal through attacking is insanely good.

Any game that you was excited for but was a big letdown?
Hmm, that's tough.

This probably isn't quite the answer you were looking for, but I might say most platform games in general. Stuff like Super Mario 3D World, platform games that everyone praise, just don't do much for me. Nothing against the games themselves, I just don't enjoy the genre.

Any game that you wasn't excited for but turn out that you loved it?
Recently, I'd say Splatoon. I was interested in it, but I didn't feel compelled to get it immediately. I casually picked it up one day and found that it was insanely fun.

You follow the competitive smash scene at all?
I play at a semi-competitive level, but I don't follow the competitive Smash scene much.

Favorite player and least favorite player?
I don't have a least favorite player, but I might say Nairo's my favorite, simply because he's the best Robin player I know of. I always like watching his matches to learn new tactics.

What do you like/dislike about Robin in smash 4?
I like virtually everything about Robin, except for that grab range.

Characters you wanna see buffs/nerfs?
I'd like to see a few buffs for Mewtwo, and probably a few nerfs for some high-tiers like Sheik. A small Robin buff here and there would be nice, too.

favorite food?
:118: SUSHI. :129:

any genres of books you like reading?
Usually fantasy and mystery.

favorite movie?
I'd probably say Spirited Away. That movie's a work of art.

favorite animal?
Manatees are adorable.

If you was able to have a super power for 24 hours and only 24 hours what would it be and why?
Complete control over the fabric of space and time.

Because why should I limit myself to only 24 hours? :troll:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Answer it anyways. :4pacman:
I guess Lugia, since it's my favorite Pokemon. :249:

Who's your least favorite character to play as in each iteration of Smash?
I don't know about 64 or Melee, but in Brawl and 4, I've always hated playing as Diddy Kong. Something about him just feels weird and unnatural, and I can never really get a hang of him.

So what are you interested in studying, and by extension, doing with your life once you finish college?
I'll be studying Computer Science, and my dream is to get into the field of Game Design.

Jeez, haven't heard that one before.

1. How is the amiibo situation for you?
  2. Outside of Fire Emblem and Smash, what other video game franchises do you love playing?
  3. Your thoughts on Lucas, Roy, and Ryu?
  4. If you can add any character, who would it be and why?
  5. What were you looking forward to in the Digital Event?
  6. What was your favorite thing from the Digital Event and did you think it was lackluster?
  7. Who is your FE waifu?
1.) I've gotten a few, but I've been unable to get the ones I really want. :4robinm::4lucina:

2.) Pokemon's a big one. Love that series. Aside from that, I like Animal Crossing, Kirby, Zelda, certain Mario games, Xenoblade, and Splatoon.

3.) I'm very happy to see Lucas return. He was one of my favorite characters to use in Brawl, and it was a shame that he got cut this time around. A lot of what made him fun to use in Brawl has fortunately translated over to Smash 4, so it's great to have him back. Ryu's certainly an odd character, both as a roster choice and as a fighter, but I like his inclusion so far. He fits well in Smash and showcases his legacy in his moveset, which I think is really cool.

Roy, though... Roy's a bit of a mixed bag for me. On one hand, his inclusion is really cool; his return is a dream come true for all his fans out there (and there are a ton of them), he's a fun character who may even surpass Marth now, and he represents another era of the Fire Emblem series.

On the other hand, he's a fifth Fire Emblem character, and despite his changes, he's still a clone of Marth. This means that four out of the five Fire Emblem characters we have are all variations of your standard Fire Emblem Lord with a sword (three out of the five even have the same basic moveset). While I understand and can appreciate Roy's return, part of me is a bit disappointed that, despite the absurd amount of representation Fire Emblem has in this game, there's not a ton of diversity, with only one character truly breaking from the mold in a significant way. If we're going to have that many characters, I wish we could have had someone like Tiki that would really stand out amongst the cast of characters.

But I suppose that's just nitpicking at this point. I'm mostly satisfied with Roy's return.

4.) Frankly, I'm very satisfied with the roster as it is, so I don't have many wishes for DLC. If I had to add one character, it'd either be K. Rool or Isaac, two fan favorites who I think really should be playable at this point. Personally, I'd probably go with Isaac simply because I'd be more likely to enjoy using him and his playstyle.

5.) I honestly had no real expectations going into the event. :estatic:

6.) My favorite part would have to be the reveal of Paper Jam. A crossover between the two Mario RPG series sounds awesome. Overall, I thought the event was ok. Certainly had room for improvement.

7.) I don't really have one.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
False's up eh? Heh heh...

Favorite food?

Do you have any pet peeves?

Favorite stage plays?

Choose an element: Water, Fire, Earth, or Air.

Favorite experience on Smashboards?

Most expected upcoming game?

Thoughts on FE14?

MBTI result?

Favorite childhood memory?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pick 5 series.

Pick your favorite piece of music from said series. One track only. Valid if the track splits into phases(i.e Master Fortress Wave 1/2)

-----

Any unplayed games that you want to play eventually?
Is there a decision you regret?
What is your greatest wish?
What are your favorite boss battles in gaming?
Who do you look up to, be it on this forum or IRL?

Last edited:

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
@ Raziek Raziek Lots of people who lose in the first round never come back, like you said. A number of times, I've seen people dip before they even play their loser's matches. You were different. I knew when you got 4th at that stacked local that you were gonna do big things.

Cheers to all your hard work and accomplishments. I wouldn't ever take any credit you give me; I'm just happy to be a part of your success. :)

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
So @ False Sense False Sense what is your favorite video gaming memory/moment and why?
What TV shows (of any genre) do you enjoy?
And last but not least, Nohr or Hoshido?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
@ False Sense False Sense

What are some other Nintendo games (either individual titles or series) that you favor?
What are some non-Nintendo (not necessarily console either, it can be PC) games (again, individual titles or series) you favor?
A Song of Ice and Fire, Game of Thrones, both or neither?
If the answer to the above question is not neither, who do you think and hope (can be two separate people) will end up on the Iron Throne when all is said and done?
If the answer to the question above the previous question is not neither, R+L=J. True or False? (In your opinion)
If you had the power to add one character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
If you had the power to add one Nintendo character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
If you were given the option to live in any fictional universe, and be able to choose how you lived in that universe, where would you end up? (For Example: being an adventurer in your favorite MMO, or being the Dovahkiin in Skyrim) (Doesn't have to be video games)
What is your favorite color?
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Do you like Warhammer 40,000? If so, what are some of your thoughts and opinions on it?
Callie or Marie?
Bread or Rice?
Cats or Dogs?
Pop or Rock?
If you were to go out on a date with one video game character of your choice who would it be and why?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
@ Raziek Raziek

Could this thread warrant a sticky since it's looking to be a big thing? Would make it more appealing to passerbys as well.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That's a LOT of questions. :dizzy:

I can't exactly answer all of these at once, so I'll try to get to as many as I can for now.

Who is your most hated Robin MU?, not neccesarily worst.
Actually, I'd say Robin. While I'm pretty good at using Robin myself, I'm not the best at dealing with other Robin players. Dealing with all those projectiles and the constant threat of Levin Sword strikes and Nosferatu can be mentally exhausting, I've found.

Favorite stage plays?
Regretfully, I don't think I've seen enough to give a good answer. :ohwell:

Choose an element: Water, Fire, Earth, or Air.
Water. :134:

Favorite experience on Smashboards?
Being part of the Robin support.

Most expected upcoming game?
By "expected," do you mean games that I expect to be made soon?

If that is the case, Pokemon Z.

Thoughts on FE14?
So far, I think it looks awesome. It looks like it's taking a number of steps to build and improve upon what Awakening started, and I think it has the potential to be a really astounding game.

I'm also not too terribly bothered by some of the more controversial aspects, so yeah, I'm looking forward to this game. :)

MBTI result?
I believe it was ISTJ. Give or take a few things, that seems right.

Favorite childhood memory?
I think that would probably be just spending summer days playing video games with my best friend.

@ False Sense False Sense , what is your personal philosophy of life?
That's a tough question, but...

"When you start speaking in absolutes, it creates this false sense that there are no other outcomes..."

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."

I try to live with these thoughts in mind. I don't want to live my life dismissing the ideas and opinions of others, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. I want to do my best to keep an open mind and try to be understanding of those around me.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Pick 5 series.

Pick your favorite piece of music from said series. One track only. Valid if the track splits into phases(i.e Master Fortress Wave 1/2)
Pokemon

Fire Emblem

Xenoblade Chronicles

Shadow of the Colossus

Super Smash Bros/Kirby

Any unplayed games that you want to play eventually?
I'd love to play Path of Radiance someday, if I can get my hands on it.

Is there a decision you regret?
I regret not putting a limit on the number of questions asked. :p

What is your greatest wish?
I think I have two:

I wish I can overcome my own faults, and I wish I can live a normal, happy life.

What are your favorite boss battles in gaming?
Off the top of my head...

-The final battle with N in Pokemon Black/White
-Grima in Fire Emblem Awakening
-Egil in Xenoblade Chronicles

Who do you look up to, be it on this forum or IRL?
I look up to Raziek as a skilled Robin player who's helped me reach the level I'm at now.

So @ False Sense False Sense what is your favorite video gaming memory/moment and why?
Two come to mind.

When I was a kid, one of the first games I ever played was Super Smash Bros. Melee. At the time, I was too young to go looking stuff up on the internet, so I had no idea what to expect when it came to unlocking characters. After playing over 20 hours of the game, I was greeted with this screen:

As a huge Pokemon fan at the time, I was amazed that one of my favorite Pokemon was actually a playable character in this game, and he quickly became my favorite character to play in the game. It was a truly surreal moment for me that I'll never forget. :mewtwomelee:

The other is more recent; the reveal of Robin as a playable character. :4robinm:

Nohr or Hoshido?
Hoshido.

Nohr is overrated. :smash:

What TV shows (of any genre) do you enjoy?
To be perfectly honest, I don't really watch much TV. There are a few shows I watch in passing, but for the most part TV doesn't interest me too much.

That is, with one exception.

This show drew me in with its great characters, brilliant sense of humor, intriguing lore, and genuinely emotional moments. Without a doubt, one of the best animated shows in recent years.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Who's your favorite Fire Emblem antagonist?
I'd probably say Gangrel. He's just so amusingly evil. :demon:

@ False Sense False Sense What are some non-Nintendo (not necessarily console either, it can be PC) games (again, individual titles or series) you favor?
Professor Layton, Portal, Shadow of the Colossus, Ni No Kuni, Minecraft, and LittleBigPlanet, to name a few.

A Song of Ice and Fire, Game of Thrones, both or neither?
Neither.

If you had the power to add one character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
Out of pure bias, probably Professor Layton. I think he'd be a perfect fit for Smash.

If you had the power to add one Nintendo character to Super Smash Bros who would it be and why?
Isaac from Golden Sun. He'd be a great choice for the roster, and I think he would be the type of character I'd enjoy playing as.

If you were given the option to live in any fictional universe, and be able to choose how you lived in that universe, where would you end up? (For Example: being an adventurer in your favorite MMO, or being the Dovahkiin in Skyrim) (Doesn't have to be video games)
The Pokemon universe. Anyone who answers otherwise is wrong. :p

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
African or European?

Do you like Warhammer 40,000? If so, what are some of your thoughts and opinions on it?
I'm afraid I don't know what that is.

Callie or Marie?
I like both together, actually.

Ideally fried and served with some delicious sauce. :lick:

Bread or Rice?
Cats or Dogs?
Pop or Rock?
Bread.
Dogs.
Pop.

If you were to go out on a date with one video game character of your choice who would it be and why?
Maybe Female Robin. We'd get along. :4robinf:

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Who is your favorite pre-GBA Fire Emblem lord? Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, or Lief?

If it's Marth, who's your second favorite?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Pokemon

Fire Emblem

Great minds think alike c:

So in regards to Pokemon:

What region would you say you had the most fun exploring?

If you were to pick 1 starter Pokemon from each region, which ones would you choose?

Do you have a favorite type of Pokemon?

Do you have a favorite protagonist?

What's your favorite legendary?

For whenever Gen 7 comes out, is there anything in particular you'd want to see added or changed? ex: New type, new game mechanics, a stronger story focus like in Black/White, etc

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Who is your favorite pre-GBA Fire Emblem lord? Marth, Alm, Celica, Sigurd, Seliph, or Lief?

If it's Marth, who's your second favorite?
I'd say Celica, simply because she uses magic.

What region would you say you had the most fun exploring?
I think that would have to be Hoenn. It's always been my favorite region due to how large, diverse, and beautiful it is. There's no shortage of places to explore.

If you were to pick 1 starter Pokemon from each region, which ones would you choose?
Kanto: Charmander
Johto: Chikorita
Hoenn: Mudkip
Sinnoh: Piplup
Unova: Snivy (BEST STARTER EVER)
Kalos: Fennekin

Do you have a favorite type of Pokemon?
I'd have to go with Psychic. :150::196::249:

Do you have a favorite protagonist?
Red. He's the only one that's remotely interesting. :p

What's your favorite legendary?
Lugia. Not only is it my favorite legendary, but it's my favorite Pokemon of all time.

For whenever Gen 7 comes out, is there anything in particular you'd want to see added or changed? ex: New type, new game mechanics, a stronger story focus like in Black/White, etc
I'd definitely like to see an expanded postgame. Ideally to the same level as GSC/HGSS, but I suppose that's asking a lot. Aside from that, a more complex story akin to BW would be really cool.

I also demand that a Manatee Pokemon be made. :bluejump:

Janno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Janno123
What do you think about Japans Tier list (Robin is second last)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That's more like it. Compared to Raz's week there's a lot more activity this time around. :happysheep:

-----

Japan has a different outlook on tiers compared to the West. Something as radical as Robin at the bottom fails to surprise me, but that could be attributed to lack of usage.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
So, we all know you love Robin.:estatic:
When and how exactly you started loving Robin as a character?
And why? What in Robin attracted you to the character?
What other types of characters you like? Design and personallity-wise.
If you could and wanted, what would you like to change in Robin's role on FE:A?
Do you think IS should've given more attention to Robin's personallity?
What do you think of Robin's status as an 'Avatar/MU'?
What's your opnion of Avatars in general? I'm talking about Elder Scrolls-esque avatars types here, more traditional types, unlike Robin.

What do you think of the actual SSB competitive scene? Stuff you find silly or pertinent about player's complaints? It's pretty much the same question I asked Raz earlier.
Do you think you need to improve in the game? If so, how much and what do you wish to improve, particulary in your Robin gameplay?
How's your SSB scene where you live?
Do you play SSB casually? If so, with what frequency and with who?
Your favorite stages for competitive and/or casual play?
What do you think of this new Pac-man glitch involving his trampoline?
Do you go to SSB tourneys? With what frequency? Are these small, medium or big tournaments?
Your thoughts on customs?

What other hobbies you have?
Do watch anime/or read manga? If so, what shows have you watched? If I said you should take a look on The Heroic Legend of Arslan you would?:awesome:
Do you read? If so, which genres do you like reading, and what books, especifically, have you read?
What do you think of Gravity Falls?
What do you think Disney could have done to increase Gravity Falls popularity? Why do you think they don't give this show as much attention as you think it deserves?
Yout thoughts on the creator of Gravity Falls, Alex Hirsch?
Dipper or Mabel?:roll:

Thoughts on the politic and and public services conditions of your country?
What, in your opnion, causes the social intolerances of the diverse types?
What should be ideal type of government?

:roll:If you wan to ignore these last three questions, you can. I was just feeling particulary inspired today:troll:

Last edited:

Elezir

Overwhelming much? :troll:
What? If I'm going to make an interview, it needs to be a damn good one.
Also, all the questins he had to answer till now were on the casual mode. We need something more classic.:troll:

I didn't do it with Raz because he already had some complex and lots of stuff to answer. With False, though...:troll:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What? If I'm going to make an interview, it needs to be a damn good one.
Also, all the questins he had to answer till now were on the casual mode. We need something more classic.:troll:
Diving into technicalities territory, this fits the bill of an AMA more than an interview.

-Keep in mind to not overwhelm the interviewee with questions unless the questions are of relative simplicity. However, exceptions can be made if the interviewee is explicitly fine with a large amount of questions.
I mean, sure, you can ask everything you want, but consider the complexity of what you ask plus the time the interviewee has to do so. Simpler questions tend to get faster and shorter responses.

Last edited:

Elezir

Diving into technicalities territory, this fits the bill of an AMA more than an interview.
Oh, I see.:roll:
Well, he's not forced to answer everything. I just can't ask stuff that's too simple or too short:urg:
He can choose whatever he wants to answer or not, imo, if it feels too overwhelming to him.

Do keep in mind that I'm not going to ask anything else to him after this, so these are my questions for the entire week.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ok, let's talk Robin. :4robinm:

What other types of characters you like? Design and personallity-wise.
There are a number of personality traits that I like seeing in a character. More than anything, I like seeing characters that are three-dimensional and relatable. Such characters are naturally more interesting for us to follow and make for much richer stories.

As for specific traits, intelligence is a big one; I like characters that can think logically and see solutions where others can't. Characters that are excessively dumb can get on my nerves (I'm looking at you, Patrick :120:). I also really enjoy characters that aren't fully comfortable with who they are. Not exactly in an "awkward nerd" sense, but rather a lack of self-confidence or self-worth. I enjoy seeing such characters grow and overcome their own faults, and I find them relatable. In terms of design, I often like characters that have a bit of a dark side to their character and appearance.

Some of my favorite characters include Lelouch (Code Geass), Dipper (Gravity Falls), Crona (Soul Eater), Future Luke (Professor Layton), N (Pokemon), Anna (When Marnie Was There), and of course, Robin.

When and how exactly you started loving Robin as a character?
It's a bit hard for me to remember exactly when, but I recall that Robin stood out to me almost immediately when I got Fire Emblem Awakening as a birthday present. Right off the bat, I thought his design was pretty cool, especially his cloak. The way it looked and was animated was something I really liked. As I kept playing the game, more of Robin was revealed that made me like him even more. He can use magic and swords? That's awesome. He's a master strategist? That's awesome! He has an amazing theme song!? It didn't take long for Robin to become one of my favorite characters in the game.

And why? What in Robin attracted you to the character?
I don't know if you know this, but I'm sometimes referred to by others as the Robin of Robin supporters.

There's a reason for that.

Again, as I played through Awakening and learned more about Robin through the story and his many, many supports, I started to find him surprisingly relatable. The way he interacted with others, what he thought of himself, how he was just as quick to praise others for their talents as he was to denounce his own... It felt a bit eerie noticing some of the parallels with myself. I think it was because of this that I became so fond of Robin as a character.

If you could and wanted, what would you like to change in Robin's role on FE:A?
I would have put him on the actual boxart. :p

I believe that the story of Fire Emblem Awakening is ultimately about Robin, not Chrom, but they were so scared to death of showing a customizable "avatar" character in any capacity that people new to the game wouldn't know that main character even existed until they started it up. I'm glad to see that they've gotten over that with Kamui in Fates, but I wish they made Robin more prominent on exterior material to reflect his/her prominence in-game.

Do you think IS should've given more attention to Robin's personallity?
Honestly, I don't think that would have been necesarry. Robin's a surprisingly defined character, mostly because he/she's not only a main character, but also has an absurd amount of support conversations that really flesh out his/her personality. Really, Robin's already been given an absurd amount of attention to his/her personality.

What do you think of Robin's status as an 'Avatar/MU'?
I have a love/hate relationship with it.

On one hand, I like the idea of having a customizable unit. Not just in terms of customizing appearances, but the ability to alter the character's base stats and make them nearly any class adds quite a bit of depth to the game, as well as replay value.

On the other hand, I really hate what the title of "avatar" has done to the public opinion of Robin as a character. The truth of the matter is that Robin's not a real avatar; an avatar character is one that's supposed to be a direct representation of you in the world of the game, often times being blank slates for the player to insert themselves into. Since Robin is a defined character with a unique personality and history, he/she's not an avatar, simply a customizable character. Characters like Mario and Link are closer to real avatar characters. Still, the title of "avatar" has had a negative impact on Robin in the past, keeping him/her out of most promotional material and being dismissed as a possible Smash contender. In that regard, I'm glad that Robin's well-earned spot on the Smash roster has mostly dispelled these issues and has brought Robin the recognition he/she deserves.

What's your opnion of Avatars in general? I'm talking about Elder Scrolls-esque avatars types here, more traditional types, unlike Robin.
I usually like such characters, depending on how well they're handled. Being able to fully create a character from scratch is something I enjoy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom