• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Robin Community AMA Thread.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm reminded that the customization available for Robin as an avatar(assuming you don't stick to the default look) allows variety while thankfully evading the option to make your character a silly looking...thing. Otherwise there would be some nightmarish things around these parts barring the already existent fanart.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Question for @ False Sense False Sense

1. If you could add anyone to Smash, who would it be and why?

2. Favourite quote/Line of all time for
- A Movie
-A Book
-A TV Show
-A Video Game

3. What are your opinions of me?

4. Do you think Young Link and Wolf will return?

5. If you could add anything to the new Fire Emblem, what would it be and why?

6. If you could add anything to Smash 5, what would it be and why?

7. What do you think is the future of Sonic the Hedgehog?

8. Favourite animal?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What do you think of the actual SSB competitive scene? Stuff you find silly or pertinent about player's complaints? It's pretty much the same question I asked Raz earlier.
It's... Interesting, to say the least.

We're all probably too quick to complain about things that seem scary. Sometimes it works out well (I think Diddy needed some of those nerfs), but other times we may be too hasty to denounce something as bad. Just my two cents on the matter.

Do you think you need to improve in the game?
There's always room for improvement.

If so, how much and what do you wish to improve, particulary in your Robin gameplay?
I think I've come a long way since I first began playing at a more competitive level, but I still have much to learn and master. I definitely need to work on the mental aspect of the game: reading, predicting, and conditioning are all skills I'm hoping to improve upon over time.

On a more technical level, I think my edgeguarding could use some work. Still haven't gotten down the edge-grab-to-B-Air with Robin yet.

How's your SSB scene where you live?
What SSB scene? :lol:

Do you play SSB casually? If so, with what frequency and with who?
I play more casual matches with my friends and family fairly often. I've always been way better than them, though. :p

Your favorite stages for competitive and/or casual play?
Competitively, I like the simplicity of stages like Battlefield, though I enjoy playing on most stages (except Final Destination when it comes to Robin).

On a more casual level, I really like stages such as Kalos Pokemon League, Mario Galaxy, Coliseum, and Gaur Plain for their visuals and music.

What do you think of this new Pac-man glitch involving his trampoline?
That better get fixed.

Do you go to SSB tourneys? With what frequency? Are these small, medium or big tournaments?
There isn't any sort of competitive Smash scene where I am, as far as I know, so I've never actually been to a real tournament. I have participated in one online tournament here on Smashboards, however.

Your thoughts on customs?
I think they're fine. Adds a bit of much appreciated diversity.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
What SSB scene? :lol:

There isn't any sort of competitive Smash scene where I am, as far as I know, so I've never actually been to a real tournament. I have participated in one online tournament here on Smashboards, however.

I meant 'competitive' there but ate a word it seems.:lol:

Well, no matter, you answered it anyway.
Thanks dear.:sheep:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Do watch anime/or read manga? If so, what shows have you watched?
I don't read manga, but I have watched some anime, specifically Code Geass, Soul Eater, and Death Note.

If I said you should take a look on The Heroic Legend of Arslan you would?:awesome:
Maybe. I'm open to trying new things. :)

Do you read? If so, which genres do you like reading, and what books, especifically, have you read?
I read whenever I find something that catches my interest. If I get really invested in a book, I can usually finish it within a day.

In terms of genre, I enjoy fantasy and mystery, but I enjoy all kinds of books. Some favorites of mine include the Harry Potter series (classic), Flowers For Algernon, And Then There Were None, Lord of the Flies, The Princess Bride, and the philosophical works of Friedrich Nietzsche, to name a few.

What do you think of Gravity Falls?
It's easily one of the (possibly THE) best animated shows in recent years. And that's saying a lot considering it's a Disney Channel show, of all things.

I honestly can't say enough good about the show. It has some of the funniest writing I've seen in a long time, it has a gripping plot and mystery that is brilliantly executed and has left me and millions of fans dying for answers, and despite the healthy amount of humor in the show, it doesn't shy away from being dramatic, terrifying, and genuinely emotional. And, of course, it's all tied together with a cast of wonderful, three-dimensional characters that learn from all their incredible experiences.

I'd highly recommend this show to anyone. If you haven't seen it, you're missing out.

What do you think Disney could have done to increase Gravity Falls popularity? Why do you think they don't give this show as much attention as you think it deserves?
Think you kind of answered your own question there. Disney just doesn't give the show much attention compared to their other shows and movies, and Gravity Falls suffers for it. Even the most basic of things like having all of Season 1's episodes out on DVD is too much for them (and again, this is Disney we're talking about).

As for why this is, it's most likely because of how awkward the show is, comparatively speaking. Gravity Falls is noticeably darker than what Disney is used to, so finding the right audience for it is rather tricky. They don't really know what to do with it, and as a result, they don't always make the best decisions for it.

Your thoughts on the creator of Gravity Falls, Alex Hirsch?

He's amazing. :awesome:

Dipper or Mabel?
First of all, I just want to say that I adore just about all of the Gravity Falls characters (except Robbie), especially the main cast. Dipper and Mabel in particular are brilliant characters, and Mabel is, of course, absolutely hilarious in her utter insanity.

But I have to go with Dipper here. :happysheep:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
What do you think of Wolf returning to SSB4? Do you expect it to happen? Do you want it to happen? Would you rather see someone else?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
1. If you could add anyone to Smash, who would it be and why?
Isaac from Golden Sun. He'd be a great choice for the roster, and I think he would be the type of character I'd enjoy playing as.
2. Favourite quote/Line of all time for
- A Movie
-A Book
-A TV Show
-A Video Game
For the record, I'm not very good at picking favorites. These are just what comes to mind first. :laugh:

-Narrator: "And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack!" (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

-Robert: "Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." (The Princess Bride)

-Bill: "I mean, who would sacrifice everything they've worked for just for their dumb sibling?"
Mabel: "Dipper would." (Gravity Falls)

-Robin: "To live is to make mistakes. We've all sipped the bitter cup of defeat, but we live to drink another day. What matters not is how often we fail, but what we learn from those failures." (Fire Emblem Awakening)

3. What are your opinions of me?
You seem like a nice guy. :bee:

4. Do you think Young Link and Wolf will return?
Wolf? Yes.
Young Link? No.

5. If you could add anything to the new Fire Emblem, what would it be and why?
God Mode: All your units are invincible, kill all opponents in one hit, have infinite movement and Galeforce.

6. If you could add anything to Smash 5, what would it be and why?
Playable Ridley. His supporters have earned it.

7. What do you think is the future of Sonic the Hedgehog?

What do you think of Wolf returning to SSB4? Do you expect it to happen? Do you want it to happen? Would you rather see someone else?

I think he's one of the likeliest possibilities for DLC, and I'd very much like to see him return. He was a good addition to Brawl, and I see no reason why he shouldn't be a part of this game as well. :wolf:

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Why did you decide to get into competitive Smash?

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
@ False Sense False Sense , you said that you are dreaming of going into game design. Let's just say, theoretically, one day God knows when, I boot up a game and on the title screen it says that you are the developer. What kind of game am I playing?

Edit: What other subjects beside computer science do you enjoy and why? What subjects do you typically dislike?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
@ False Sense False Sense , you said that you are dreaming of going into game design. Let's just say, theoretically, one day God knows when, I boot up a game and on the title screen it says that you are the developer. What kind of game am I playing?
The greatest RPG ever made. :awesome:

What other subjects beside computer science do you enjoy and why? What subjects do you typically dislike?
I've always liked Literature, as I usually enjoy reading the material we're presented with, as well as analyzing and interpreting them.

While not part of the core curriculum, I've loved taking classes in Psychology and Philosophy. Simply fascinating subjects.

I've never been terribly fond of mathematics, personally. Sorry shrooby.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I've never been terribly fond of mathematics, personally. Sorry shrooby.
And yet the career you want has a heavy emphasis on it.

Irony.

*ding*
I'm not fond of it either, but you do what you gotta do. :cheep:

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
@ False Sense False Sense

What kind of games are you interested in developing?

How did you start your career in game development? What subjects did you choose?

Are you more into the programming side of Game development, story writing or Artworks?

Why don't you like maths?

For the record, I'm not very good at picking favorites. These are just what comes to mind first. :laugh:

-Narrator: "And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack!" (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

-Robert: "Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." (The Princess Bride)

-Bill: "I mean, who would sacrifice everything they've worked for just for their dumb sibling?"
Mabel: "Dipper would." (Gravity Falls)

-Robin: "To live is to make mistakes. We've all sipped the bitter cup of defeat, but we live to drink another day. What matters not is how often we fail, but what we learn from those failures." (Fire Emblem Awakening)
Cool quotes :D

You seem like a nice guy. :bee:
Aw, thank you :3

Wolf? Yes.
Young Link? No.
:sadeyes:.

Kind of excepting that answer

God Mode: All your units are invincible, kill all opponents in one hit, have infinite movement and Galeforce.
Isn't that basically Phoniex mode? :awesome:

Playable Ridley. His supporters have earned it.
But he to dam big :p

Interesting.[/quote]

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Any particular developers/companies you'd be interested in working with?

Is there anyone in the games industry that you particularly look up to/are infulenced by? (Apart from Miyamoto, since I think almost everyone working in gaming today has been influenced by him at least a little)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
@ False Sense False Sense

What kind of games are you interested in developing?
Games that I'd want to play. :p

How did you start your career in game development? What subjects did you choose?
Throughout my years of schooling, I've taken just about every computer class that was available to me (Computer Science obviously being a major one), and participated in several coding/game design camps outside of class, so I have a bit of experience in the field as of now.

Are you more into the programming side of Game development, story writing or Artworks?
Programming.

Why don't you like maths?
I find it boring, at least in a classroom setting. At that point, it's just a bunch of complicated equations and formulas that rarely have immediate applications.

I find math to be a bit more enjoyable when it's being practically applied.

Any particular developers/companies you'd be interested in working with?
I suppose the dream would be to work with Nintendo. :laugh:

Is there anyone in the games industry that you particularly look up to/are infulenced by? (Apart from Miyamoto, since I think almost everyone working in gaming today has been influenced by him at least a little)
While I don't agree with everything he's ever done, I do have to admire Sakurai for his sheer dedication to his work.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Two days without activity...jeez, Fates news is all the rage now.

Seeing as False's period is two days from closing, I'm going to open a voting period to decide the next interviewee so we can start faster. Remember to keep submitting questions. Both the voting period and False's interview period will end Friday morning.

Current votes:

- @Hong: 1
- @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan : 3
- @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A : 1
- @
- @
- @

----------------------

What's your stance on all of the features announced in Fates as of current? Do you believe it could bump the game's rating outside of Japan?

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Are you trying to avoid the massive slew of spoilers for Fates recently?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
A bit of Splatoon questions:

Do you have a favorite weapon to use in the game?

What is your favorite map to play on in Turf Wars? Ranked?

What color do you think looks best on your inkling?

You a squid or a kid? c:

Also for Pokemon; what's your favorite piece of music from each region?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What's your stance on all of the features announced in Fates as of current? Do you believe it could bump the game's rating outside of Japan?
I'm glad to see same-sex marriage included, though the extent of the "petting" is a little too much for me. It's possible that it could result in a higher rating, but I think they could get away with it.

Are you trying to avoid the massive slew of spoilers for Fates recently?
Yes.

What's your opinion on Federation Force, and/or the Metroid series as a whole?
No opinion.

A bit of Splatoon questions:

Do you have a favorite weapon to use in the game?
Aerospray RG

What is your favorite map to play on in Turf Wars? Ranked?
Hard to say, but for Turf Wars, I might go with Saltspray Rig, and for Ranked, I'd say Blackbelly Skatepark.

What color do you think looks best on your inkling?
Blue will always be the best color.

You a squid or a kid? c:

Also for Pokemon; what's your favorite piece of music from each region?

If you're False Sense, then who's the True Sense? Is there a True Sense? =V
True Sense is no longer with us. :reverse:

What's the best gift that you've ever received on your birthday?
A bloody and painful surgery. :awesome:

Seriously though, I'd say either my Wii U or Fire Emblem Awakening.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I would like to point out that I'll be ending both False's week and the voting tally tomorrow when I wake up, and that the current voting tally is a tie. In the event it doesn't change or future votes lead into ties, I will make a coin flip on my end to decide who is next. To add another spot on the voting tally, just this once I will cast my own vote on myself(heavily discouraged, not prohibited, but this is a case where only two users have voted thus far barring my self-vote).

I would also like to mention that @Hong herself runs a bi-weekly interview thing in the Disco Room and thus her availability is in question. If she is willing to, more power to you and your vote.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
GEE FINALLY A VOTE

Will it become a bandwagon or will there be different votes?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
How many times have you voted for Isaac in the Ballot?

Why haven't you voted for him more? :D

If you could add one character to the roster for each series that already has a playable character in Smash, who would you choose and why?

If you had to ax one Nintendo franchise, which would you choose and why?

What is your favorite Pokemon spin off?

If you could remove one Pokemon from existence, which would you choose?

What are you most looking forward to about Fire Emblem Fates?

Are you looking forward to Revelation of the Illusion #FE?

Shin Megami Tensei or Persona?

Harvest Moon or Rune Factory?

Out of time. Or would have more. Dang it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
How many times have you voted for Isaac in the Ballot?
Twice.

Why haven't you voted for him more? :D
I'm only human. :p

If you could add one character to the roster for each series that already has a playable character in Smash, who would you choose and why?

:4mario:: Paper Mario
:4yoshi:: Kamek
:4dk:: King K. Rool
:4wario:: Ashley
:4link:: Impa
:4samus:: Ridley
:4fox:: Wolf
:4kirby:: Bandana Dee
:4pikachu:: Zoroark
:4ness:: Porky
:4falcon:: Samurai Goroh
:4marth:: Tiki
:4pit:: Viridi
:4olimar:: Louie
:4villager:: Isabelle
:4wiifit:: Wii Fit Balance Board
:4littlemac:: King Hippo
:4pacman:: Mrs. Pac-Man?
:4megaman:: Zero
:4sonic:: Shadow
:4ryu:: Chun-Li

What is your favorite Pokemon spin off?
Mystery Dungeon.

If you could remove one Pokemon from existence, which would you choose?
Greninja; then they would have to choose Goodra for a 6th gen rep. :evil:

In all seriousness, probably Garbodor.

What are you most looking forward to about Fire Emblem Fates?
In terms of new features, probably My Castle.

Not the part that involves petting, mind you.

Are you looking forward to Revelation of the Illusion #FE?
Yeah. Looks weird, but I'll happily give it a try.

Shin Megami Tensei or Persona?

Harvest Moon or Rune Factory?
I'm not familiar with any of those. :estatic:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Question period is almost over?

Quick.

Before Liquid wakes up.

Answer the cube question.

Imagine if you will a desert, far as your eyes can see. Within this desert is a cube. Please describe this cube. What does it look like? How large is the cube? What’s it made of? And where in the desert is it?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And False's period is over. We had some interesting questions this week and some nice answers from False. Thank you all for your participation.

INTERVIEW PERIOD #3: @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan - probably owns a Thundurus

Voting has determined Sonic Storm to be the next candidate; if he's willing to. Do you accept being the next interviewee?

If so, this period ends on Friday, July 3rd.

@ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven , False can answer your question anyway. Just keep it separate from any questions asked to Sonic Storm.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Just in case you were worrying that "oh the period is over Liquid won't let me do it".

Of course False can, I was just dispelling any doubts that I might not allow it.
Nah, I figured I got in at the buzzer.

I feel like this is going to be a once-per deal with me, for a bit at least. It's fascinating. Prolly ask you someday too.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Nah, I figured I got in at the buzzer.

I feel like this is going to be a once-per deal with me, for a bit at least. It's fascinating. Prolly ask you someday too.
That is, provided I'm voted for anytime soon. :p

I'm just waiting on Sonic Storm's confirmation to begin asking anything.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
"I accept this award, on behalf of myself."

I'm still on an iPad for the time being, so don't expect massive blocks of text from me. I'll answer questions as they come if I can.

Top Bottom