• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Tournament Discussion

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, its easy enough to bait a grab release...although on a competent wario its obviously harder XD

also, u-air hasnt got that higher sdi scaling, you can probably just follow the wario the direction he sdi'd...unless its mr.doom, then theres a problem XD

TeeVee

Smash Lord
ccst, read your post again XD
when he loses his double jump its a true infinite
frame perfect else he'll jump away
XD
well srsly. wario cant be that hard, its easy enough to do crap to him from grab release, up-pointed fsmash, usmash, f-air, u-air (not so sure this works)
also, tournament in germany on the 12th march, ccst, you going?
you dont understand, if wario doesnt pummel and hes not on a slope...rob does not force an air release.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh, cause i know samus has the same problem, but she can fix it by pummeling once, i always found it to do the same for me

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
right, cause i know ike can aether wario out of grab release, but he doesnt get knocked into the rest of the hitbox's, thought it might be a similar scenario.

also, i am going, and its going to be **** ^.^
its on the weekend anywayz, so you could do it if you go friday night and come back sunday night, but meh, its a little late now
Can't Ike just grab release to Bair?

Also explain the Samus thing, I don't get it. =/

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, Ike can.

Slope grab releases are a big reason I <3 Yoshi's I think. JNig lives in my state (may not be the best Wario player but still competes rather strongly with Lee) and I had to play him a lot. Yoshi's is a neutral nightmare for Warios. Too bad with stage striking you'll never get there. I still think Yoshi's is an -excellent- Neutral for ROB against like 90% of the cast. You get so many more gyro and laser options it's not even funny.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
right, i got that sorted then
also, ike has bazillions of options out of grab release on wario, utilt, ftilt, bair, aether, and best of all regrab...even if he does have his jump XD
also, i personally dont like yoshi's, i dislike the fact that i have to DA the gyro to pick it up if its on the slope (iv were below it) and that i cant charge it, i like to let it linger about near the opponent and/or right on their fingers on the ledge XD

Sudai

Stuff here
Just don't put it somewhere where you'll have to dash attack to grab it from? You can still put it at the edge to poke fingertips too. Just need to learn the distances/charges you can do it with.

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Personally I hate Yoshi's Island with R.O.B..

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Dang couldnt go to WHOBO3 due to job loss and some bull. Which is the next biggie thats coming up. also genisis is coming up anyone going to that.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
kiraflax dont forget about cot5, do you think you're gonna be able to go to that? the thread is stickied in tourney listings for info

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Doesnt look like I can go to cot. Phael's getting married that day

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Congrats to Phael
you should come for sunday only eric
or tell phael to get married a differ day lol

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
You know Chibo if it weren't for everything already being arranged i would totally come to cot and get married, maybe next time bro

Heartstring

Smash Legend
greatest tournament ever XD
winner gets X moneys and the change to be the best man XD

also, tournament saturday...hype

oddly enough brawls been thoroughly replaced by pokemon as of this week XD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i got 2nd this weekend woo >.>
i had to use ganon in some matches tho =[ so im not a solo ROB main anymore

stingers

Smash Obsessed
that was really it, the tournament wasn't very stacked. next weekend there will be a stacked *** tournament with m2k, biglou, kismet, and...other people though, so that'll be fun

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
coolio, good luck

im itching to go to a tournament

it has been a dry month for tournaments. but i should have 2 or 3 in April

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Unless Phael randomly wanted to go. Where you housing at?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm staying with Juggleguy, a Melee player. I'm riding in a primarily Melee car, lol. Well 2 Melee players, 1 Melee/Brawl player, and 2 Brawl players, but both Brawl players play a little Melee too.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
lol i wouldn't care if it was primarily a Mario Party car, as long as I had a place to stay xD

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yeah, it can be a total blast...only thing that sucks for me is that I drive 99.9% of the time. I get a little burned out on that since I'm in Kentucky and on average, tournaments are 3+ hrs away. And we usually make the trip there and back in the same day O.O

Top Bottom