• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Tournament Discussion

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
just so happened to namesearch illmatic and i saw diego droppin my tag

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
I can't describe how hyped I am that I placed at 3 out of 4 events at a major. Even though the one I didn't was singles lol, at least I made it to bracket and got a win. Made money in a main event at a major (4th in doubles) is so great. Also playing finals sets in Project M and Mid Tiers was nice. I feel like it's been a long time since I've made money from an event, then I go and do it at CoT5 out of all of them lol
Can't wait for vids of doubles cause dabuz and i were getting it the **** in
How exactly does that ROB/Oli team work out? I know this isn't the first success you've had with it but I just don't see how exactly it works out...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
vids are up, you can find them easily via searching

oli kills so easily
rob saves oli so well
the team camp is second to none

everything just works

TeeVee

Smash Lord
noodles and icylight used to **** with that team back in the day in new england lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the thing is you have to work as one unit and cant let it end up as a 2 1v1 situation. because robs mobility isnt great and if olimar gets dragged ofstage and nees your help you can bet they wont let you get there, or if you're getting juggle olimar will have trouble getting there for you
so like, one big spammy unit XD

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
vids are up, you can find them easily via searching

oli kills so easily
rob saves oli so well
the team camp is second to none

everything just works
stop get up attacking from the ledge lol.
ive seen it twice so far in 45 sec and that's 2 too many.
made you lose your first stock against vinnie

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
OH EM GEE WHATS UP GUYS!!!! i'm going to a tournament for the first time since like....... idk a long *** time... goin all ROB... shakin the rust offa my robot as i type.

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
no. i sadly cant. i'm going to visit my roommate in Evansville that weekend. i'm going to Jakes the following weekend. is anyone from Louisville going to Phaels... there really isnt a whole lot of us left around these parts

TeeVee

Smash Lord
dont get suprised if you hear of a certain rob placing top 5 in ny/nj this weekend

TeeVee

Smash Lord
you play rob again? yee

being inactive for 6/7 months has kinda forced me to lol. everyone knows the diddy matchup now, my zss isnt good enough in singles (will bring her out in dubz with blacka though), and my mk isnt good enough anymore especially in ny/nj (still using mk on d3 and maybe zss/DK though because those matchups are annoying as **** for rob and soooo free for mk)

i just feel really really comfortable with rob right now

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
i'm going to place well at some local in Bloomington... not nearly as cool as what TV is doing... but hey, its whatevs

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
I also want to attend tournaments with R.O.B.! Unfortunately we don't have a Brawl scene... yet. Anyway good luck R.O.B. mainers on your tournaments, I wish you well!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I also want to attend tournaments with R.O.B.! Unfortunately we don't have a Brawl scene... yet. Anyway good luck R.O.B. mainers on your tournaments, I wish you well!
...yes you do
there was a sweden tournament literally last week

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Have a tournament tomorrow. Gonna show em what an E tier character can do =]

:phone:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Had an interesting tournament experience. Will upload vids and post a recap when I can (by tomorrow, I'd say).

edit: and I didn't sport a swag tag lol

Spin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
spinpai
so, tomorrow, going to this local. gunna be awesome. i'm gunna swag on some kids... they dont know :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
From what I can tell, Chibo had a good tourney this weekend. I hope he tells us about it.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I went ROB in pools yesterday, and I made it out for the first time ever. I used Peach and ZSS as well, but yeah. I lost to a ROB player named Masho first round. It was really hard to play against him... I knew exactly what he was going to do every time, but I never played the MU as Peach, so I didn't know how to beat it. I would have ROB dittoed, but I hate that MU, so I stuck with it, and ended up losing. Oh well. I took a game off of Quik's Wario in pools with ROB too. Somehow my ROB has gotten much better since I switched to Peach, so I'm definitely keeping him around for some MUs.

And since IL's next local is MK banned, that gives me that much more reason to bring him out. ^_^

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Nice Grim!

Your secret is safe with me =x <3

Top Bottom