• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Can't move out of the midwest.

How bout you EC hold tournaments not on holiday weekends that are big enough for me to go to?!

If you guys can pick one out, I'll bring a midwest car down there as long as it has a big enough turnout.

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
Can't move out of the midwest.

How bout you EC hold tournaments not on holiday weekends that are big enough for me to go to?!

If you guys can pick one out, I'll bring a midwest car down there as long as it has a big enough turnout.
you asked and you shall receive. These tournaments are back to back the first will have *****es and probably 40-70 person turn out and the other will be held early like 12pm and will have 60 - 80 peoples might be even more

edit : NO JOHNS

Overswarm

is laughing at you
you asked and you shall receive. These tournaments are back to back the first will have *****es and probably 40-70 person turn out and the other will be held early like 12pm and will have 60 - 80 peoples might be even more

edit : NO JOHNS
TWO TOURNAMENTS BACK TO BACK ON THE EC?!

I'm there :D

Make sure Chillin goes, I owe him $5. I lost a MM online :( 2/3 shadow moses only, D3 vs. ROB

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Overswarm, you should go to F.A.S.T., more than 150 people are signed up, and it has melee and brawl! Also, what can ROB do against Zamus, i have a hard time fighting my bro's, and i just can't seem to kill. Gimping isn't an option, so don't go into detail about that.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm, you should go to F.A.S.T., more than 150 people are signed up, and it has melee and brawl! Also, what can ROB do against Zamus, i have a hard time fighting my bro's, and i just can't seem to kill. Gimping isn't an option, so don't go into detail about that.
I thoguth about it, but it's in ****ing Florida.

And it has Melee.

That's two strikes against it.

Maybe if Kel feels like driving o_O

Edit:

Can't go on the 21rst... tournament up here then. Might go down to the one on the 13th. WTF is with the girls? Chu's too good.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Wow...so seriously...no ride at all? :( :( :(

daaaaaaammnniiiiiiit

and looks like I'll be missing the possibility of an Overswarm appearance?! fack.

and what's worse? I have family that is MOVING to the USA from Bangladesh like...a week before Critical Hit 3 and they're staying at my house. It'd be ****ed up to not be there on their first 4th of July. I'll see if I can like, hit up the family events during the day *crosses for cookout at someone else's house they can go to* and then head up to MD by night :)

and another d.amnit...I don't ever get to play GAW. Is he really more difficult than Metaknight?!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
HELP!!!

I met some dude who could perform some weird dash-like move right after releasing the GYRO.

He told me he called it the "Gyro glide". And that I could perform it by charging the gyro and then rolling and releasing at the same time.. But no luck. :(

Does anybody know how to do this? It's an amazing way of closing in on your opponent cause you're dashing right after the Gyro.

noodles

Smash Champion
wait are you sure he wasnt holding it when he did it (released it then picked it up)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
wait are you sure he wasnt holding it when he did it (released it then picked it up)
Trust me, he wasn't. That strategy cost me a stock, until I found a way to counter it..

But it's still an annoying move to go against, cause you're expecting a stalled ROB to throw you the gyro, but this ROB came dashing (no running frames) right behind the Gyro.

Something slightly similar to Samus' bombdash glitch from Melee.

I fell a victim to it throughout the whole match, but even though I practiced like Masterbraz said (name of my opponent) but I still can't do it.

toasty

Smash Hero
you're positive he wasn't glide tossing [holding an item, you roll and throw or Cstick in any direction...instead of rolling, you will throw the item in the direction you CSticked but you'll slide lengths varying from short to maaaaaaasssive in the direction you were going to roll]

that **** sounds ridiculous if he's just charging the gyro and sliding as he shoots it...but if he's THROWING it as he slides, that's glide tossing.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
you're positive he wasn't glide tossing [holding an item, you roll and throw or Cstick in any direction...instead of rolling, you will throw the item in the direction you CSticked but you'll slide lengths varying from short to maaaaaaasssive in the direction you were going to roll]

that **** sounds ridiculous if he's just charging the gyro and sliding as he shoots it...but if he's THROWING it as he slides, that's glide tossing.
Wow, so that's kinda basically it.. The only problem is he didn't really THROW it, he RELEASED it.
If the Gyro was picked up, then it would be throwing. This was not the case, he was still charging it until he released+dashed right behind it (and under my guard).

But I'll be looking into that as well.

noodles

Smash Champion
i have no luck, maybe a form of b-sticking? *powers wii back on*

fuuck yea 500th post in this thread, 1000 is also mine just you watch

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
sounds more like a case of mistaken memory.

description is exactly like glide tossing.

Ascorias

Smash Cadet
Well, Overswarm was addressing this a couple of pages ago, but I thought I would pose the question for everyone. When playing, the who can adapt the best/fastest is generally the winner. So when watching an opponent, what sort of habits should be looked for? In a perfect game, you would obviously notice all of their patterns, but since I certainly don't play perfectly, what are the most important ones?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Most important would probably be how often they shield, do they spam, if so, which attacks, do they constantly air dodge if you approach them if they are in the air, do they space you, do they rush you, those kind of things could help, and obviously adapt your playstyle accordingly.

Sudai

Stuff here
Well, Overswarm was addressing this a couple of pages ago, but I thought I would pose the question for everyone. When playing, the who can adapt the best/fastest is generally the winner. So when watching an opponent, what sort of habits should be looked for? In a perfect game, you would obviously notice all of their patterns, but since I certainly don't play perfectly, what are the most important ones?
-Which way do they usually DI?
-How do they react to your lasers/gyro?
-When they trip, do they roll, stand up, or do a get-up attack?
-When you approach, how do they react? (Shield, roll, out-prioritize, walk away, ect. Account for aerial approaches and ground approaches separately)
-Do they recover high or low?
-Do they double jump close to the edge or far from the edge when recovering?

Basically..Just find out the most common reactions to your actions. Once you find those, counter those and then they will either get owned, or be forced out of their natural rhythm. Either way, you get an advantage.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Did anyone ever figure how to do a falling d-air consistantly? I've noticed that it only happens if you try to do it fairly soon after being hit upwards, but I can't figure out what else I'm missing.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
OS: Hit me on AIM tomorrow, I gots more gaw info and questions. Also, how'd you do today?? err...yesterday

toasty

Smash Hero
Did anyone ever figure how to do a falling d-air consistantly? I've noticed that it only happens if you try to do it fairly soon after being hit upwards, but I can't figure out what else I'm missing.
dude you're a ROB main now? did Schoolie convert you, too? oh and...you live in/around NoVa, don't you? if you're in SoVa any time, gimme a call...in the meantime, there are some beastly ROBs, and players alike, in NoVa whose presence you should capitalize on

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
dude you're a ROB main now? did Schoolie convert you, too? oh and...you live in/around NoVa, don't you? if you're in SoVa any time, gimme a call...in the meantime, there are some beastly ROBs, and players alike, in NoVa whose presence you should capitalize on
Lol, I've been maining ROB for a while now, I just have not been posting since like 2007. I've got my drivers licence now, so I may just have to cruise on down to SoVa and get some matches in. Just gotta trick my mom into thinking I'm on a school trip or something...

Sudai

Stuff here
Lol, I've been maining ROB for a while now, I just have not been posting since like 2007. I've got my drivers licence now, so I may just have to cruise on down to SoVa and get some matches in. Just gotta trick my mom into thinking I'm on a school trip or something...

Lol. Just got your license and already doing stuff like that? I like you. : P

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Sounds like glide tossing guys... but thinking about it, a cancel for the gyro charge that allowed you to immediately dash after shooting it would be the next best thing for ROB.

OS: Hit me on AIM tomorrow, I gots more gaw info and questions. Also, how'd you do today?? err...yesterday
I won. Lost 0 sets in the entire bracket, and I have several signatures of those that lost to me on my shirt. I'll have videos up not too far from now! ^_^

Also:

Toasty: Thank you for the gyro cancel. I used this extensively.

Hugs: Thank you TONS for your bair edgeguard trick... I didn't use it so much to edgeguard, but I DID use it after u-throw and d-throw to make a really crazy fast rising u-air. ^_^

ROB is TOO GOOD ladies and gentlemen!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You have ROB pivot his up+b so that he moves forward out of a dash while facing the other direction, which allows them to move very quickly horizontally and control his vertical position; this allows him to bair edgeguard.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
*ahem*

Read the thread. From beginning to end. All 35 pages of it. It'll help more than it hurts.

noodles

Smash Champion
lol i tried that before i posted >_> but then i realized you guys are really indepth, so i quit like after 2-3 pages after but i have it set 40 to a page so its straight guess.

to answer question i guess if you want to manage a KO save it, and at high percantage fthrow/bthrow off stage, or really just get them out there best way you see fit and shoot em with you lazer eyes that suprisingly gets a kill, even better use a gyro :D. but in the mean time i find it enjoyable just gyroing and lasering to rack up some damage

Top Bottom